Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:17 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:08 pm I don’t understand why someone can’t speak up in defense of Vic. Vic whether I agree with it or not has plenty of support on social media. Saying they are afraid of harassment is a pretty weak argument. If they were really the lone voice of support that would make sense but that isn’t the case. The anime community is pretty divided on this issue. Seems pretty cowardly if you ask me.
I realize it's hard to understand why people can't speak up when it seems you ignored the rest of my post. Harassment is part of the problem. But there is also the problem with outlets writing hitpieces against them which has already happened. But the most important reason that I will repeat is that it's alleged that Funimation and its agent have acted in malice against Vic. Why would people speak up in support of him when that only puts them in crosshairs of their employer and other people.

I also find it hypocritical to call these people cowards when you're all about supporting victims supposedly.

Kinokima wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:08 pmAs for Todd Haberkorn he was accused of “date rape” by Jessie Pridemore in conjunction with her story about Vic. So to me his “defense of Vic” seems like more damage control. What other choice does he have lol.
Todd Haberkorn has put out chat logs that show that his encounters with Pridemore did not go how she alleges they did. He has evidence that clears his name. But it's not surprising that you ignore this since you have already said that evidence won't change your mind once you've reached a conclusion.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 pm With respect, AgitoZ, it's not false.

Unfortunately, it's here that things get a little tricky because, like you noted, people who take a stand one way or another seem to be subject to harassment, so that prevents me from naming names. However, as somebody who lives in Los Angeles, is quite familiar with the VO community here, and is friends in real life with many LA voice actors and casting directors, famous and not, in all fields of the VO industry (dubbing, promo, commercials, audiobook narration, animation, etc.), you have my complete assurances that that's simply not false.
So it's true but you can't prove it. Good to know.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 pmIs the entire VO industry against him? Certainly not, and you noted several examples. However, my question was not if people could find supporters in the industry. My question was how many you can find. I'd also note that just because some people have decided to remain neutral in public (in many cases because they don't want the drama) doesn't mean they're neutral behind closed doors and when talking among friends.
Again, I find this logic to be stupid. I have already explained why many are remaining neutral in public. However, what gets to me is how it appears that you think this is in somehow in favor in Vic detractors. It's odd.
Last edited by AgitoZ on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:21 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:03 pm UPDATE:

Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) is pretty much confirmed to be in support of Vic. He's being represented by the same law firm and is also being removed from Funimation credits like Vic. He made a cameo the other day on Nick Rekieta's stream: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m14s

Nick Rekieta said last night that a "cast" of voice actors and employees came out against Monica and Marchi in favor of Vic, and that it will come out eventually during the lawsuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiIPPN2ytxA
Nick is a fucking hack and I don't trust a thing he says and neither should you

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:22 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 pm
AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 pm
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:43 pmNor is it "mostly relegated" to a clique in Texas either.
That's false.
With respect, AgitoZ, it's not false.

Unfortunately, it's here that things get a little tricky because, like you noted, people who take a stand one way or another seem to be subject to harassment, so that prevents me from naming names. However, as somebody who lives in Los Angeles, is quite familiar with the VO community here, and is friends in real life with many LA voice actors and casting directors, famous and not, in all fields of the VO industry (dubbing, promo, commercials, audiobook narration, animation, etc.), you have my complete assurances that that's simply not false.

Is the entire VO industry against him? Certainly not, and you noted several examples. However, my question was not if people could find supporters in the industry. My question was how many you can find. I'd also note that just because some people have decided to remain neutral in public (in many cases because they don't want the drama) doesn't mean they're neutral behind closed doors and when talking among friends.
I have also heard rumors of two Funi VA’s (not Todd Who is a horrible example for the reason I posted) who are on his side. But as I can’t verify the information I don’t want to post who. They very well could be

So yes it’s probsbly hyperbole to say no one in the industry is on his side but it seems most aren’t. And I definitely saw LA actors supporting victims

Also and I feel bad to keep making comparisons to Cosby because again what Vic is accused of is not on the same level. He also had peers speak on behalf his character and guess what he was still guilty.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:29 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:21 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:03 pm UPDATE:

Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) is pretty much confirmed to be in support of Vic. He's being represented by the same law firm and is also being removed from Funimation credits like Vic. He made a cameo the other day on Nick Rekieta's stream: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m14s

Nick Rekieta said last night that a "cast" of voice actors and employees came out against Monica and Marchi in favor of Vic, and that it will come out eventually during the lawsuit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiIPPN2ytxA
Nick is a fucking hack and I don't trust a thing he says and neither should you
Nick has been right about the GoFundMe, lawsuit, and Sony investigation so far. He's been a more reliable source than anyone about the lawsuit. And he interview's Vic's lawyer who talked about the lawsuit in the first place.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:30 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:17 pm I realize it's hard to understand why people can't speak up when it seems you ignored the rest of my post. Harassment is part of the problem. But there is also the problem with outlets writing hitpieces against them which has already happened. But the most important reason that I will repeat is that it's alleged that Funimation and its agent have acted in malice against Vic. Why would people speak up in support of him when that only puts them in crosshairs of their employer and other people.

I also find it hypocritical to call these people cowards when you're all about supporting victims supposedly.
Like the constant stream of videos (including ones from Nick) coming out mocking and calling the Victims liars. No it’s the double standard of your post that gets me. There is tons of harassment and most of it is coming from the I Stand With Vic side

But yeah people are afraid to speak on Vic’s behalf because they might be harassed.

As for saying Funi employees are scared not everyone that can speak on Vic’s behalf is a Funi employee.

Todd Haberkorn has put out chat logs that show that his encounters with Pridemore did not go how she alleges they did. He has evidence that clears his name. But it's not surprising that you ignore this since you have already said that evidence won't change your mind once you've reached a conclusion.
He has evidence to prove she wasn’t drunk from texts. I highly doubt. Someone else confirmed her story that she was.

Whether she came on and showed interest to him at other points in text messages does not mean it was consensual sex if she was extremely drunk.

But either way it seems him coming out for Vic is about him clearing his name. So I hardly call that “in support of Vic”

Also from Todd’s tweets on the matter I don’t think he understood what consensual sex is. So what he thinks clears his name most likely wouldn’t in many people’s eyes.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm

Something that’s really fucked about this lawsuit is that assuming Mignogna’s case partially hinges on the narrative that he was targeted for being a white Christian man (which I believe either his lawyer or the Nick guy suggested, IIRC), that might make the judge more inclined to side with him. This is Texas after all.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:36 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:17 pm
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 pm With respect, AgitoZ, it's not false.

So it's true but you can't prove it. Good to know.
I can, but as I noted, not without potentially stirring up drama for many who most decidedly don't want it. So I'm not going to blame you or anyone else if they doubt me, as you clearly do...but do pay attention in the coming months to how many supporters in the industry he gets. Or doesn't.
TheBlackPaladin wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:11 pm
AgitoZ wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:17 pm Is the entire VO industry against him? Certainly not, and you noted several examples. However, my question was not if people could find supporters in the industry. My question was how many you can find. I'd also note that just because some people have decided to remain neutral in public (in many cases because they don't want the drama) doesn't mean they're neutral behind closed doors and when talking among friends.
I have already explained why many are remaining neutral in public.

That's only one explanation, and only applicable to those who realistically have a chance of being hired by FUNimation (and for that matter, only after Vic's lawsuit was filed...where were his industry supporters in the months it took between the first #KickVic post and when his lawsuit alleging malice was filed?). Many are remaining neutral in public because, again, they don't want the drama. We've already seen examples of people on both sides of this issue being harassed to no end, and there aren't many who would welcome that.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:29 pm
Nick has been right about the GoFundMe, lawsuit, and Sony investigation so far. He's been a more reliable source than anyone about the lawsuit. And he interview's Vic's lawyer who talked about the lawsuit in the first place.
Wow, he's been "right" about obvious information a day-ish early because he gets to talk to Vic's lawyer? Just give him the Pulitzer already.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Honestly, him taking this to court is really just petty. He could've salvaged his reputation by just leaving Funi alone. Viz was still hiring him, and he's based in LA these days, so why go through this trouble? But no, he has to leave an upper decker just because he got fired after being warned numerous times.

Look, I respect the man's work, but his conduct here is terrible. He could've walked away and work on regaining his dignity. But now he's guaranteeing that no one will want to hire him. There's absolutely no way he can win this, anyways. This'll be a very one-sided case.

And as for the "fans" supporting him, I doubt these alt-right simpletons even comprehend the ramifications of their goal. No, they just want to see a Christian White Man get away with everything even if it brings down Funimation and the entire industry as a result.

And here I thought we were done with this.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:37 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:29 pm
Wow, he's been "right" about obvious information a day-ish early because he gets to talk to Vic's lawyer? Just give him the Pulitzer already.
We were talking about his comment that a "cast" of voice actors/ employees are coming out against Monica. Todd Haberkorn made a guest intro on Nick's stream the other night so that gives a little more validity to what he said.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:47 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:45 pm
We were talking about his comment that a "cast" of voice actors/ employees are coming out against Monica. Todd Haberkorn made a guest intro on Nick's stream the other night so that gives a little more validity to what he said.
Hey remember when he hyped up that contract

That sure was a bombshell.
Special Beam Cannon!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:42 pm Honestly, him taking this to court is really just petty. He could've salvaged his reputation by just leaving Funi alone. Viz was still hiring him, and he's based in LA these days, so why go through this trouble? But no, he has to leave an upper decker just because he got fired after being warned numerous times.

Look, I respect the man's work, but his conduct here is terrible. He could've walked away and work on regaining his dignity. But now he's guaranteeing that no one will want to hire him. There's absolutely no way he can win this, anyways. This'll be a very one-sided case.

And as for the "fans" supporting him, I doubt these alt-right simpletons even comprehend the ramifications of their goal. No, they just want to see a Christian White Man get away with everything even if it brings down Funimation and the entire industry as a result.

I guess since Broly made so much money, he figures he’d get more out of FUNimation than he would from the work he does with Viz.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:55 pm

So how many times have we gone through the "BUT WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE????" song and dance, again? At the very least, I'm pretty sure this is the first that involves defenses of Todd Haberkorn/Reuben Langdon of all goddamn things.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:06 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:51 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:42 pm Honestly, him taking this to court is really just petty. He could've salvaged his reputation by just leaving Funi alone. Viz was still hiring him, and he's based in LA these days, so why go through this trouble? But no, he has to leave an upper decker just because he got fired after being warned numerous times.

I guess since Broly made so much money, he figures he’d get more out of FUNimation than he would from the work he does with Viz.
He probably would, if other Funimation actors didnt slander him on Twitter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpUryuSUaYY
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 pm

Vic is gonna lose

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:27 pm

He NOT base in LA he currently live in Texas and outside of his Jojo role he had most of work in the last year came from Funimation. Also stop calling people "alt-right" because that don't believe what you believe. We live in the USA we have FREEDOM OF SPEECH! Everyone right to there own opinion! I am neutral in this issue. But don't called people alt-right because that believe Vic. That is BS and you know it. You don't see people called people that believe Rial "alt-left" do you? People have no right to be called alt-rights or alt-lefts. What has are damn country come to with this shit. Also what part of if he did not sue his career would been over DON'T you understand? You really thing the jobs would have keep coming if he did not defend himself? If you REALLY thing that your don't know what talking about.
Last edited by Gokuisasuperhero on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:28 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 pm Vic is gonna lose
And you know this how? Did not know you where a judge.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:29 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:14 pm Vic is gonna lose
As much as I believe in Vic’s guilt unfortunately I am not as optimistic in our legal system as you.

Edit: I love when people on her claim they are neutral when they are clearly not. Just be honest.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 pm

coola wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:06 pm
He probably would, if other Funimation actors didnt slander him on Twitter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpUryuSUaYY
"I don't understand why companies don't stand up to their employees and tell them to shut up."

Yeah I officially don't need to hear a single other thing this guy says ever again.
Special Beam Cannon!

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:35 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 pm
coola wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:06 pm
"I don't understand why companies don't stand up to their employees and tell them to shut up."

Yeah I officially don't need to hear a single other thing this guy says ever again.
Sample if that speak up and said that believe Vic that mostly will not get any new jobs. Which is why there not talking. If people don't know that then I just don't know how else to put it.