Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm
Maybe you haven’t posted vidoes but you 100% defended him on here which amounts to the same thing. In fact you are doing it in this very thread acting like he has done nothing wrong.
Okay? I can comment on that but I'd prefer if you would start with that argument first. Instead of lying and then changing your argument in attempt to salvage it.
Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm
You mean the video when he was calling Sabat “Girlfriend” and saying he has some secret dirt on Chris and he knows why he is Kick Vic and he better talk to Ty Beard. Yeah that’s not harassment at all. Lol

The video speaks for itself . And it doesn’t really matter if Chris sees the video or not. Nicks followers watch and then harrass the people he mentions in his videos

Another example is Nick mocking the Jelly bean thing and making it seems like that was what the entire investigation was based on and then his viewers going in and harassing Monica about it
It isn't harassment. I'm sorry to drop this bit of news to you. And let's play pretend and say that it was, then it would really matter that Sabat sees it. If he doesn't see it, how he can feel intimidated or pressured if he doesn't know about it? I'm sure he'd feel very harassed being called girlfriend. Might need to seek counseling.

Nick Rekieta regularly tells his viewers to not contact or harm his subjects in anyway. He cannot control his viewers minds. If they actively defy his warnings I'm not sure what he's supposed to.
Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm
No you may not be encouraging harrassment yourself but you are just putting all this weight on the POSSIBILTY of people getting harrased but you never speak out when the other side is actually being harrased. So please spare me the song and dance that you care about harrassment.

Also please stop with I don’t believe anyone. It is very obvious from your posts what side you support.
If I'm not an active ally, I'm just as bad the people harrasing them? Spare me. If I'm not encouraging or partaking in it, I have nothing to answer to.

I said need something tangible to believe someone beyond their word. I don't particularly care how much this bothers you.

jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:10 pm
I do find it kinda amusing how you, somebody whom I assume isn't a voice actor, are trying to tell somebody who actually works in the industry and knows the people in it what the consensus actually is and presuming he's bullshitting you because...reasons, I guess? You're trying to appear like an unbiased neutral observer here but it's quite clear where you actually stand.
I have no reason to believe he is a voice actor. And if he is, he doesn't sound like he knows anyone involved in the situation. All I hear is that his peers like to talk a lot. I'm open to being proven wrong. Can you prove it?

I do find it amusing how you're assuming I'm trying to appear as something I'm not. My opinions or views are not set in stone. I am open to any evidence on the matter. I am not on the mountain tops advocating for any side. I have and will forever stand for due process and evidence based judgements. If the side you don't like stands for that, that's your problem not mine.

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:11 pm
Sexual assaults are usually opportunistic and take place when the victim is in a vulnerable position (i.e alone with no witnesses).

So either you're incredibly callous, or powerfully stupid to demand "evidence". It's a convenient backstop to fall back to when you're just feigning impartiality.
There are other ways to prove sexual assaults than just witnesses. Not even just prove, at least give more credibility to accusers. I'm not sure why this seems to be the only thing you brought up. The allegations at least when it comes to convention goers all appear to be that Mignogna was doing this during meet ups, signings, panels and many other public events. So it wouldn't apply to those.

Sony had conducted an investigation into three supposed incidents. I eagerly await the findings of this investigation as I think it will be crucial to my standing on this situation going forward.

You seem a bit too emotionally invested in the situation and I think it's harming your ability to provide particularly convincing arguments. I haven't fallen back to anything. I have and will continue to ask for evidence. I have no reason to jump to conclusions and your insults will not change my mind.

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:30 pm
Or you could simply put two and two together and realize that it's completely ridiculous and asinine to think that there's a decade-long coordinated effort by dozens of unassociated women to bring down a guy from whom they cannot extract any money, who has no socio-political clout, and otherwise doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
That's a big leap in logic to me. Hopefully, as this lawsuit goes on and Vic's accusers are vindicated, it'll vindicate the "dozens of unassociated women" as well. Or maybe something else will happen.
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:30 pm
For the thousandth time, no one took Vic to court over this. He was not in danger of being thrown in jail, so your criteria for proof is completely irrelevant. Circumstantial evidence is still evidence, and why would you want to keep employing or associating with someone who has been multiply accused of sexual misconduct?

Unless you're an asshole who doesn't think sexual assault is a big deal.
The only "asshole who doesn't think sexual assault is a big deal" seems to be you. If Vic Mignogna is a sexual predator assaulting people left and right, I want him off the streets not just out of job. Why is no one interested in doing this?
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:30 pm
Well I'm glad you're admitting you operate fully on bias, at least.
Yeah, I'm biased that I believe people that I personally know over voice actors and other individuals that I personally do not. Are you saying that you yourself would not believe your daughter in your own hypothetical? You don't seem to hold any particular real views. It just seems damned if you do, damned if you don't with you and it's a chore to respond to.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6050
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:54 pm

I'll say that I'm not 100% convinced that he is guilty. But I am 99% convinced. The alternative is a completely implausible conspiracy.

Why don't we frame this in a different way? We have two options here:

A: Vic Mignogna is a sexual predator

B: Dozens (perhaps hundreds) of unrelated people are all conspiring over a time frame of decades to try to besmirch his reputation

Instead of asking people to 100% prove option A, why don't you give us your arguments for why option B is more likely? What kind of proof do you have that B is true? Do you have proof to the level that you're asking for A?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:56 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:10 pm
I do find it kinda amusing how you, somebody whom I assume isn't a voice actor, are trying to tell somebody who actually works in the industry and knows the people in it what the consensus actually is and presuming he's bullshitting you because...reasons, I guess? You're trying to appear like an unbiased neutral observer here but it's quite clear where you actually stand.
I have no reason to believe he is a voice actor. And if he is, he doesn't sound like he knows anyone involved in the situation. All I hear is that his peers like to talk a lot. I'm open to being proven wrong. Can you prove it?

I do find it amusing how you're assuming I'm trying to appear as something I'm not. My opinions or views are not set in stone. I am open to any evidence on the matter. I am not on the mountain tops advocating for any side. I have and will forever stand for due process and evidence based judgements. If the side you don't like stands for that, that's your problem not mine.


Black Paladin has been talking about his voice acting profession since he started posting here ten years ago. Pretty ridiculous that I'd even have to do this but here's a post from 2010 if you absolutely need proof: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14519&p=397623&hili ... or#p397623
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
Captain Awesome
I Live Here
Posts: 2611
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am
Location: Australia, Planet Earth

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm
There are other ways to prove sexual assaults than just witnesses. Not even just prove, at least give more credibility to accusers. I'm not sure why this seems to be the only thing you brought up.
Please anime fan, explain to me evidence law and criminal procedure. I've never been to a sexual assault trial before. I definitely didn't spend five years of my life studying in that field.
[quote="Herms"]The first thing of DragonBall I ever saw was one of the segments where Goku is training on his way to Planet Namek. So I assumed Goku was a spaceship captain.[/quote]

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:09 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm
That's a big leap in logic to me. Hopefully, as this lawsuit goes on and Vic's accusers are vindicated, it'll vindicate the "dozens of unassociated women" as well. Or maybe something else will happen.
No, it won't, because these claims don't exist to be vindicated. They exist to be a warning, and that's what you don't get.
The only "asshole who doesn't think sexual assault is a big deal" seems to be you. If Vic Mignogna is a sexual predator assaulting people left and right, I want him off the streets not just out of job. Why is no one interested in doing this?
You should work for the Republican party, you're already a professional-level spin doctor.

You're an employer. One of your employees comes to you and says, "I was sexually assaulted by a coworker, I have similar accounts from peers, and it's an open secret in this industry that he's like this". Are you really, really going to sit there with a straight face and tell her to just deal with it?
Yeah, I'm biased that I believe people that I personally know over voice actors and other individuals that I personally do not. Are you saying that you yourself would not believe your daughter in your own hypothetical? You don't seem to hold any particular real views. It just seems damned if you do, damned if you don't with you and it's a chore to respond to.
Who the hell says your acquaintances/friends/relatives are more credible than any other particular person?

Maybe the point of that statement was that a group of random other people making accusations against the same person and a group of people you know making accusations against the same person are equally credible. You have the exact same amount of evidence in both contexts and you have no reason to believe either group of people is lying.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1393
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:50 pm
Okay? I can comment on that but I'd prefer if you would start with that argument first. Instead of lying and then changing your argument in attempt to salvage it.
It’s not lying it’s not remembering every single post you made in 175 pages of this post. But I did remember you made posts about Nick to some degree

If I backtracked and said okay maybe not videos (after you said you didn’t) that’s me taking you at your word.


It isn't harassment. I'm sorry to drop this bit of news to you. And let's play pretend and say that it was, then it would really matter that Sabat sees it. If he doesn't see it, how he can feel intimidated or pressured if he doesn't know about it? I'm sure he'd feel very harassed being called girlfriend. Might need to seek counseling.
It’s out there and it’s public and it’s directed at him. It’s a form of harrassment and intimidation and nothing about that video is okay

And the fact that you say Chris is the one who should seek counseling if he is upset at that video is pretty messed up.
Nick Rekieta regularly tells his viewers to not contact or harm his subjects in anyway. He cannot control his viewers minds. If they actively defy his warnings I'm not sure what he's supposed to.
Yeah sure he makes videos and streams rants and shit talking people but then is so kind to say at the end don’t contact anyone. What a gent

He tells that to his viewers to to cover himself. He knows exactly what is going to happen when he makes these videos because it happens every time .

And for the record I see that he says absolutely nothing when his viewers harrass his subjects on Twitter (sometimes even quoting him in the tweets and sometimes he gets involved in the conversation himself)




If I'm not an active ally, I'm just as bad the people harrasing them? Spare me. If I'm not encouraging or partaking in it, I have nothing to answer to.
Nowhere did I say you are just as bad as someone doing the harassing. What I said is you made a big deal about the possibility of people being harrased just because they may stand with Vic but don’t seem to care or mention all the people who actually are getting harrased because they dared speak out against him.


And yeah I am sure there are people in the industry on BOTH sides who are not sharing their true feelings in public. But I do find it ridiculous that anyone on Vic’s side would specifically need to be afraid of harrassment when again most of the harrassment is coming from the ISWV side.

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:56 pm
Black Paladin has been talking about his voice acting profession since he started posting here ten years ago. Pretty ridiculous that I'd even have to do this but here's a post from 2010 if you absolutely need proof: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14519&p=397623&hili ... or#p397623
A post from 2010 with nothing verifiable in it is not proof to me. But I realize the irony in trying to explain it in this very thread. If people got that I think this thread would not have gone in the direction it did.

You also seemed to miss to the part where I said that even if he is one, I have no reason to believe he knows anyone involved in the situation. I have to believe second hand info from other second hand accounts and that's too much to ask from me.

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:08 pm
Please anime fan, explain to me evidence law and criminal procedure. I've never been to a sexual assault trial before. I definitely didn't spend five years of my life studying in that field.
Why should I do it? The only person claiming to be a lawyer is you. You just want people to shut up and not actually present your case. Show us what dumb plebians we are.

Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm
It’s not lying it’s not remembering every single post you made in 175 pages of this post. But I did remember you made posts about Nick to some degree

If I backtracked and said okay maybe not videos (after you said you didn’t) that’s me taking you at your word.
But you don't have to take me at my word nor do you need to spout lies. You can easily search and verify this stuff.
Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm
It’s out there and it’s public and it’s directed at him. It’s a form of harrassment and intimidation and nothing about that video is okay

And the fact that you say Chris is the one who should seek counseling if he is upset at that video is pretty messed up.
No, that's how harassment or intimidation works. The counseling line was a joke at the absurdity that Sabat is so fragile to hearing the word "Girlfriend" if he hears the video. If Sabat truly fears for his safety then he should contact the relevant authorities.
Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm
Yeah sure he makes videos and streams ranting and shit talking people but then is so kind to say at the end don’t contact anyone. What a gent

And for the record I see that he says absolutely nothing when his viewers harrass his subjects on Twitter (sometimes even quoting him in the tweets and sometimes he gets involved in the conversation himself)
Again, what do you want him to do? He says not to do it, he can't force them not to. And getting involved on a conversation is not harassment. Again, if anyone does feel harassed or in danger there are relevant tools and authorities to deal with it. Like if tweets are so harmful you can just block them or private your account.
Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm
Nowhere did I say you are just as bad as someone doing the harassing. What I said is you made a big deal about the possibility of people being harrased just because they may stand with Vic but don’t seem to care or mention all the people who actually are getting harrased because they dared speak out against him.
It's clear that is what you were implying. I only made a "big deal" about your own words. Once again and for those in the back, I denounce any harassment over anyone involved in this. It's like talking to a wall.
Kinokima wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:12 pm
And yeah I am sure there are people in the industry on BOTH sides who are not sharing their true feelings in public. But I do find it ridiculous that anyone on Vic’s side would specifically need to be afraid of harrassment when again most of the harrassment is coming from the ISWV side.
I don't care if you find it ridiculous it's a reality and possibility to anyone involved who puts themselves out there.

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:09 pm
No, it won't, because these claims don't exist to be vindicated. They exist to be a warning, and that's what you don't get.
If they aren't going to the relevant authorities and he is in fact a sexual harasser/predator then they are useless warnings.
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:09 pm
You're an employer. One of your employees comes to you and says, "I was sexually assaulted by a coworker, I have similar accounts from peers, and it's an open secret in this industry that he's like this". Are you really, really going to sit there with a straight face and tell her to just deal with it?
When did I ever say they had to "deal with it." As an employer, if I hear this I'm gonna investigate it. If I find these accounts to be credible I'm not only gonna fire the guy, I'm gonna report him to the police. Especially in Texas where it's the law.
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:09 pm
Who the hell says your acquaintances/friends/relatives are more credible than any other particular person?

Maybe the point of that statement was that a group of random other people making accusations against the same person and a group of people you know making accusations against the same person are equally credible. You have the exact same amount of evidence in both contexts and you have no reason to believe either group of people is lying.
I'm more inclined to believe people that I personally know so I have an idea what kind of person they are than people I don't know. Why is this so hard to get?

Looks like I was right with my damned if you do, damned if you don't observation.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:04 pm

I mean I doubt it's still up and I'm not gonna go to the trouble of looking for it for the sake of somebody who very clearly has their mind made up and will continue to deny everything, but he even had a website with demos on it that I visited once. The link was in his old signature or something.

But yes, I'm sure he's been pulling an elaborate lie on a message board about his career for 9 years for absolutely no gain whatsoever. Perfectly plausible.
Last edited by jjgp1112 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:04 pm
I mean I doubt it's still up and I'm not gonna go to the trouble of looking for it for the sake of somebody who very clearly has their mind made up and will continue to deny everything, but he even had a website with demos on it that I visited once.

But yes, I'm sure he's been pulling an elaborate lie on a message board about his career for 9 years for absolutely no gain whatsoever. Perfectly plausible.
There are plenty of people who put up demos on their Youtube and other sites. Are they also authorities when it comes to this matter?

But I digress, you continue to miss my main point. So what if he's a voice actor in LA? Yes, and? I have to take him at his word that he knows a guy who knows a guy that knows Mignogna is a serial predator. If you're fine with that, that's okay but it's not enough for me.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6369
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:16 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:09 pm
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:04 pm
I mean I doubt it's still up and I'm not gonna go to the trouble of looking for it for the sake of somebody who very clearly has their mind made up and will continue to deny everything, but he even had a website with demos on it that I visited once.

But yes, I'm sure he's been pulling an elaborate lie on a message board about his career for 9 years for absolutely no gain whatsoever. Perfectly plausible.
There are plenty of people who put up demos on their Youtube and other sites. Are they also authorities when it comes to this matter?

But I digress, you continue to miss my main point. So what if he's a voice actor in LA? Yes, and? I have to take him at his word that he knows a guy who knows a guy that knows Mignogna is a serial predator. If you're fine with that, that's okay but it's not enough for me.
No, I know what your point is, and I'm saying that it is operating on a ridiculous foundation because the only reason you want complete infallible proof that he's a voice actor is because you have your mind made up on what's really going on and refuse to believe anything that suggest otherwise, so you want to plant as much doubt about it as you can. So if somebody with voice acting experience suggests he knows that Vic's reputation goes beyond Funimation, you refuse to believe he even is a voice actor.

Dude, I know you well enough from the IRC chats back when i used to post there. Everything you used to talk about regarding GamerGate, "SJWs" and the like makes it pretty obvious where you actually stand on this and what your biases are, and it's telling that the second I first saw your username here that I figured your stance would be pro-Vic disguised as "just trying to hear all of the facts."
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:27 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:16 pm
No, I know what your point is, and I'm saying that it is operating on a ridiculous foundation because the only reason you want complete infallible proof that he's a voice actor is because you have your mind made up on what's really going on and refuse to believe anything that suggest otherwise, so you want to plant as much doubt about it as you can. So if somebody with voice acting experience suggests he knows that Vic's reputation goes beyond Funimation, you refuse to believe he even is a voice actor.

Dude, I know you well enough from the IRC chats back when i used to post there. Everything you used to talk about regarding GamerGate, "SJWs" and the like makes it pretty obvious where you actually stand on this and what your biases are, and it's telling that the second I first saw your username here that I figured your stance would be pro-Vic disguised as "just trying to hear all of the facts."
Once again, I have no reason to believe anyone in the situation. You're hung up in trying to catch me in I don't know what. The only one who has made up their mind is you. You believe every assertion in this matter and nothing will change it. For some reason, if I don't immediately believe all the allegations, I'm in the wrong for wanting proof. You also have acquired the ability to read minds in the time that we have talked that you know everything about every position I have. Such as the absurd notion that I don't believe BlackPaladin because he is anti Mignogna. I don't believe him because I have no reason to in the first place. If he said he had voice actor friends who are totally in support of Mignogna, I would say the same thing. It'd be nice to think there isn't a rampant sex fiend in the American anime industry but I would still have to take it all with a huge grain of salt.

It's telling that you have to bring up IRC. I can't recall the last time I saw you there in years. Nor do I recall you ever pushing back on my opinions. If you thought I was committing wrong think you should've told me then. You've exhausted all the ammo you have that you have to try and support this idea of my character instead of attacking what I actually say. I'm not pro-Vic because I don't believe for a fact he's done nothing wrong. Anyone is able to bring anything credible to show otherwise. I have always stated I am open to changing my mind. Still it's nice to know that you still think of me. Wish I could say the same. I can't claim I know a single thing about you.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6050
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:27 pm
jjgp1112 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:16 pm
No, I know what your point is, and I'm saying that it is operating on a ridiculous foundation because the only reason you want complete infallible proof that he's a voice actor is because you have your mind made up on what's really going on and refuse to believe anything that suggest otherwise, so you want to plant as much doubt about it as you can. So if somebody with voice acting experience suggests he knows that Vic's reputation goes beyond Funimation, you refuse to believe he even is a voice actor.

Dude, I know you well enough from the IRC chats back when i used to post there. Everything you used to talk about regarding GamerGate, "SJWs" and the like makes it pretty obvious where you actually stand on this and what your biases are, and it's telling that the second I first saw your username here that I figured your stance would be pro-Vic disguised as "just trying to hear all of the facts."
Once again, I have no reason to believe anyone in the situation. You're hung up in trying to catch me in I don't know what. The only one who has made up their mind is you. You believe every assertion in this matter and nothing will change it. For some reason, if I don't immediately believe all the allegations, I'm in the wrong for wanting proof. You also have acquired the ability to read minds in the time that we have talked that you know everything about every position I have. Such as the absurd notion that I don't believe BlackPaladin because he is anti Mignogna. I don't believe him because I have no reason to in the first place. If he said he had voice actor friends who are totally in support of Mignogna, I would say the same thing. It'd be nice to think there isn't a rampant sex fiend in the American anime industry but I would still have to take it all with a huge grain of salt.

It's telling that you have to bring up IRC. I can't recall the last time I saw you there in years. Nor do I recall you ever pushing back on my opinions. If you thought I was committing wrong think you should've told me then. You've exhausted all the ammo you have that you have to try and support this idea of my character instead of attacking what I actually say. I'm not pro-Vic because I don't believe for a fact he's done nothing wrong. Anyone is able to bring anything credible to show otherwise. I have always stated I am open to changing my mind. Still it's nice to know that you still think of me. Wish I could say the same. I can't claim I know a single thing about you.
Do you think it's more likely that he's been a creep, or that there is a decades-long conspiracy among completely unrelated people intended to smear his reputation?

These are the only two options, and they are not equivalent.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Captain Awesome
I Live Here
Posts: 2611
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am
Location: Australia, Planet Earth

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 pm
Why should I do it? The only person claiming to be a lawyer is you. You just want people to shut up and not actually present your case. Show us what dumb plebians we are.
Oh I forgot, I should probably post a photograph of my LLB or practicing certificate as "evidence".

As far as making my case, I've done it in this thread multiple times.
Captain Awesome wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:26 am
None of you [redacted for lack of civility] have even the slightest understanding of the power dynamic of a sexual assault case. Bringing an action has a high personal cost in a system heavily skewed toward the accused. For instance in a simple battery offence you don’t have to prove consent, it’s pretty easily to convince a jury that a guy with bloody fists beat the shit out of a guy covered in bruises with some witness accounts and circumstantial evidence.

But proving consent in a sexual assault case involves a jury going through the defendants state of mind and whether the defendant at the time was first advertent to whether or not the victim was consenting and whether under the circumstances that belief was reasonable. This is an incredibly high bar to reach and often a thought process that many jurors struggle with.

This doesn’t even consider the hundreds of procedural indignities visited upon victims where in some jurisdictions if the accused is a self representing litigant they may cross examine the victim if they chose to give evidence.

I’m too frustrated to make this post coherent but its no wonder seeing how in this thread multiple people have not only demonstrated a complete (and concerning) ignorance of the legal system [redacted for lack of civility]
I know that if I wasted my Sunday morning going through the Texas Penal Code, the Texas Rules of Evidence and the Texas Criminal Procedure Code and the Texas Criminal Bench Book and spot checked some State statistics on sexual assault cases and nicely summarised it for you, you still wouldn't be happy.

Likewise I could also go do the same for the civil action, and waste even more time going reading up on the torts of defamation and interference with prospective contractual relations and thumb through Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and while I'm at it probably the Texas Citizens Participation Act because I'm not sure if judges are able to manage vexatious or frivolous lawsuits independently or only on application under the anti-SLAPP law. All of this while going through their statement of claim.

But I know after I had wasted 2 or 3 hours going through all of this getting my head around the way things work in a different country you still wouldn't be happy.

Why?, because you're the type of person that in the face of dozens of complaints about sexual misconduct retreats to the default position of a conspiracy. All you have done is argue in bad faith under the auspices of impartiality, why would I waste hours of my time compiling a response just so you could move the goal posts again?
[quote="Herms"]The first thing of DragonBall I ever saw was one of the segments where Goku is training on his way to Planet Namek. So I assumed Goku was a spaceship captain.[/quote]

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1067
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:35 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:52 pm

When did I ever say they had to "deal with it." As an employer, if I hear this I'm gonna investigate it. If I find these accounts to be credible I'm not only gonna fire the guy, I'm gonna report him to the police. Especially in Texas where it's the law.
lmfao

So you don't support making accusations over Twitter.

But you do condone unsupported police reports.

Sweet Jesus, man.
I'm more inclined to believe people that I personally know so I have an idea what kind of person they are than people I don't know. Why is this so hard to get?
So your default assumption is that a couple dozen people you don't know are probably lying? Because you don't get to remain neutral here. When a couple dozen people make an uncoordinated accusation against one person, they're either definitely collectively telling the truth or definitely collectively lying.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:39 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 pm
Do you think it's more likely that he's been a creep, or that there is a decades-long conspiracy among completely unrelated people intended to smear his reputation?

These are the only two options, and they are not equivalent.
I don't think those are the only options. It helps no one to be reductive.
Captain Awesome wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 pm
Why?, because you're the type of person that in the face of dozens of complaints about sexual misconduct retreats to the default position of a conspiracy. All you have done is argue in bad faith under the auspices of impartiality, why would I waste hours of my time compiling a response just so you could move the goal posts again?
You're wasting your time because you're arguing against positions I don't make. Not once have I claimed this is all a big conspiracy. I have only brought up that Mignogna has alleged civil conspiracy. Which given that you're a lawyer, you should know the difference. The only one arguing in bad faith is you. If you already reached your conclusions, why even bother talking to me?
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:35 pm
But you do condone unsupported police reports.

Sweet Jesus, man.
In what world is reporting him to police condoning unsupported police reports? The police are gonna conduct their own investigation. A judge isn't gonna blindly believe what I say and gave him life in prison cause of me. I'm really gonna stop replying to you. You are the biggest chore in this thread.
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:48 pm

What do you actually believe, then? Are the victims telling the truth, or aren't they? Because if you think they're not, then there isn't really a good way of explaining why they accused Vic.
Last edited by Shaddy on Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Captain Awesome
I Live Here
Posts: 2611
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am
Location: Australia, Planet Earth

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:49 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:39 pm
You're wasting your time because you're arguing against positions I don't make. Not once have I claimed this is all a big conspiracy. I have only brought up that Mignogna has alleged civil conspiracy. Which given that you're a lawyer, you should know the difference. The only one arguing in bad faith is you. If you already reached your conclusions, why even bother talking to me?
Oh do fuck off.

On what basis do you refute dozens of allegations then?, I’d love some insight into the mental gymnastics you went through to stop short of a conspiracy. These are all independent liars?, a mass hallucination?

The reason they’re bringing an action in civil conspiracy is because it’s the only action they can bring without being laughed out of court.
[quote="Herms"]The first thing of DragonBall I ever saw was one of the segments where Goku is training on his way to Planet Namek. So I assumed Goku was a spaceship captain.[/quote]

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6050
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:52 pm

AgitoZ wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:39 pm
I don't think those are the only options. It helps no one to be reductive.
What other options could there be?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1713
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by AgitoZ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:58 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:49 pm
Oh do fuck off.

On what basis do you refute dozens of allegations then?, I’d love some insight into the mental gymnastics you went through to stop short of a conspiracy. These are all independent liars?, a mass hallucination?

The reason they’re bringing an action in civil conspiracy is because it’s the only action they can bring without being laughed out of court.
I don't need to refute anything. They are like you said allegations. Should've brought them to the police, a judge, etc. I have no idea what you mean that I "went though to stop short of a conspiracy" please enlighten me.

And you'll have to excuse me if I don't know what you mean by "bringing an action in civil conspiracy." Civil conspiracy is just one of the 5 initial claims found in the initial pleadings. Is that what you're talking about? The claims in the lawsuit so far? I have not said nor implied that it must be some other kind of conspiracy between voice actors or something. Again, you're the one jumping to conclusions not me. If you think that because I don't believe Rial or whoever without tangible proof and therefore I think she's part in some conspiracy with all these women, that's your problem not mine.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:52 pm
What other options could there be?
Why does it have to be only those two that you mentioned?
If you're not here soon... GET ON!

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:01 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.co ... 93225/amp/

Reading this court document I kinda find it hard to believe any Monica says when it's on record at Funimation that filed a complaint against Vic over a Joke involving Vic eating a Jelly bean at a convention panel.

Locked