Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Bryesque » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 am Nick Rekieta's been banned from Twitter.

Hallelujah.
It's about time. YouTube Lawyer's been flagrantly abusing that platform forever. Hope it's permanent.

(Probably too much to hope the same happens at YouTube, sadly.)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:50 am

Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:18 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:06 am Nick Rekieta's been banned from Twitter.
Again?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:25 am

I'm sure it won't stick, like the last time. But imagine having a lawyer vicariously representing you who's been banned twice on Twitter.
Special Beam Cannon!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:25 am I'm sure it won't stick, like the last time. But imagine having a lawyer vicariously representing you who's been banned twice on Twitter.
I was under the impression that this was the third time.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:40 am

Eeeeeeeeven better.
Special Beam Cannon!

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:58 am

Allegedly it's permanent this time. I'm not sure if this is true, but I've heard if the entire account is completely gone, totally greyed-out, that means it's not temporary. And if you try to visit his account it forwards to this page, the same as other perma-banned accounts: https://twitter.com/account/suspended

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:29 am

Good riddance

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Good. What was it for?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Probably that tweet from yesterday or whatever telling people to make memes making fun of someone, which would easily fall under harassment? I wasn't really paying attention to be honest, but I can't be all that excited that some unrelated propaganda machine has been banned. He's a clickbait youtuber who thrives on shilling out bullshit, of course he's going to make a new account and probably then say this private corporation that doesn't owe him anything has violated his first amendment rights.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:36 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm Probably that tweet from yesterday or whatever telling people to make memes making fun of someone, which would easily fall under harassment? I wasn't really paying attention to be honest, but I can't be all that excited that some unrelated propaganda machine has been banned. He's a clickbait youtuber who thrives on shilling out bullshit, of course he's going to make a new account and probably then say this private corporation that doesn't owe him anything has violated his first amendment rights.
Well he as a respectable, honest John's lawyer would know that Twitter is able to dictate the rules its users have to abide by. That's what ToSs UELAs are for, after all.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 pm

Browsing Youtube, I see a recommendation for a video titled "Vic is literally Naofumi from Shield Hero #IStandWithVic". :sick:

Just venting because all of this is so frustrating.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:02 pm

You know the defense of Vic is bad when they're comparing him to a slave owner who wanted to fantasize about capturing and abusing his accusers.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:19 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:25 pm Probably that tweet from yesterday or whatever telling people to make memes making fun of someone, which would easily fall under harassment? I wasn't really paying attention to be honest, but I can't be all that excited that some unrelated propaganda machine has been banned. He's a clickbait youtuber who thrives on shilling out bullshit, of course he's going to make a new account and probably then say this private corporation that doesn't owe him anything has violated his first amendment rights.
His followers are already campaigning to get him reinstated, citing "false flagging."
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 am

I wouldn't be surprised if instead of "bless you", alt-righters say "false flag" when someone sneezes.
Special Beam Cannon!

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 am I wouldn't be surprised if instead of "bless you", alt-righters say "false flag" when someone sneezes.
I despise the alt-right. Every single member of the alt-right should be permanently banned for good. They, and their ideology, should also be silenced as their Alex Jones crazy conspiracy theories about Elite Satanic secret societies and all of that nonsense is dangerous to today's global society.

I'm glad that lawyer was banned from Twitter.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:25 am

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 am
Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:29 am I wouldn't be surprised if instead of "bless you", alt-righters say "false flag" when someone sneezes.
I despise the alt-right. Every single member of the alt-right should be permanently banned for good. They, and their ideology, should also be silenced as their Alex Jones crazy conspiracy theories about Elite Satanic secret societies and all of that nonsense is dangerous to today's global society.

Just trying having to live with one of them... :wtf:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:58 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:25 am
PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 am
Just trying having to live with one of them... :wtf:
I'm gonna sue this cereal box for having no toy in it and rally the support of all my fans!!! #Justice4Tony

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:10 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 amI despise the alt-right. Every single member of the alt-right should be permanently banned for good. They, and their ideology, should also be silenced as their Alex Jones crazy conspiracy theories about Elite Satanic secret societies and all of that nonsense is dangerous to today's global society.

I don’t disagree with the personal opinions on that group, but wanting to ban them because you think they’re crazy and simply don’t like their opinions sets a dangerous precedent. Are they breaking they law? Then yes—ban them, eradicate their internet presence. Are they saying dumb shit? Ignore them. Marginalize them. Impose social Darwinism so their voices are heard as little as possible—But banning them because they don’t share your opinions? Big hell no from me. Wanting to forcibly silence groups because they don’t fit into the popular zeitgeist is scary territory. I haven’t heard a convincing argument as to what would stop flawed human beings who just so happen to be government “officials” from using this kind of thing as a Trojan horse. I’m not saying it will happen, but it very easily can.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanos wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:10 pm
PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:00 amI despise the alt-right. Every single member of the alt-right should be permanently banned for good. They, and their ideology, should also be silenced as their Alex Jones crazy conspiracy theories about Elite Satanic secret societies and all of that nonsense is dangerous to today's global society.

I don’t disagree with the personal opinions on that group, but wanting to ban them because you think they’re crazy and simply don’t like their opinions sets a dangerous precedent. Are they breaking they law? Then yes—ban them, eradicate their internet presence. Are they saying dumb shit? Ignore them. Marginalize them. Impose social Darwinism so their voices are heard as little as possible—But banning them because they don’t share your opinions? Big hell no from me. Wanting to forcibly silence groups because they don’t fit into the popular zeitgeist is scary territory. I haven’t heard a convincing argument as to what would stop flawed human beings who just so happen to be government “officials” from using this kind of thing as a Trojan horse. I’m not saying it will happen, but it very easily can.
So everyone that was for getting Alex Jones banned (and they eventually succeeded) from all social media are what? Wrong? Every single political official who spoke against the danger of spreading fake news and misinformation is wrong? No man, this kind of misinformation and fake news needs to be taken care of before it's allowed to spread. Some crazy guy went to a pizzeria in DC with a gun because he thought that Democratic leaders were trafficking children. People could have been killed. This is far more than just crazy people believing crazy things.
One World. 🌐 🕊