Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 01, 2019 2:30 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:12 am The forum is back, and I see it was just a hardware error. I was having paranoid thoughts that the ISWV crowd might have been DDOSing the site or something.
That's a bit of a silly thing to think. If the site's not working, check Kanzenshuu's twitter page, we don't need to jump to worst-case scenarios.

Besides, if a technical attack is coming from Vic stans, it'll probably attempts to hack the twitters of victims, a forum that's only tangentially related to the issue is a pretty meaningless target. Which doesn't mean they wouldn't, but it'd be unlikely.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 01, 2019 8:21 am

gokaiblue wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:21 am
Kataphrut wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:26 am
sintzu wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:54 am

To be fair, Clinton wasn't that much better which is why nearly 50% of eligible voters didn't vote. If Trump's a 5 then she's a 5.5 or 6 at best. From what I've seen, both parties won't fix any of the main problems facing the country such as health care, housing, college costs & the job market. Unless these issues improve, I think the number of people who vote will just go down with every election.
Again, people have convinced themselves that "Clinton wasn't much better", when from where I'm standing, yes she was. In a million different ways, she was better than Trump. Most of the problems you describe are the sort of thing that would only get better under successive Democrat terms (and a Democrat-controlled Congress/Senate, but having the definitely White House wouldn't hurt), and Democrat-nominated Supreme Court judges. These issues only stand to worsen under a Republican president, as indeed they have.

The big problem is not enough voters on the left think tactically. The Berners gained nothing by sitting out the 2016 election and in fact made things worse for everyone under a Trump government (particularly minorities who don't have the luxury of being able to "take a stand"). The ones whose votes had a chance of making a difference should have come out and taken advantage of the left faction uprising in the Democrats, because winning the election would have helped that growth in the long run. Rising tide raises all ships, you know.
Fionordequester wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:48 am I mean, there was also Benghazi; an event that went down in many people's minds as direct evidence of Hillary's callousness and inability and/or unwillingness to keep people safe.

Though, I suppose it's always possible the truth was lost in that scenario as well.
People only even knew about Benghazi because the Republicans and their propaganda network (ie Fox News) hammered Hillary relentlessly on it. They'd been planning for her candidacy for years, so they did everything in their power to turn people against her. And it worked. People were convinced she was bad enough that they wouldn't turn out to support her even when the alternative was a Cheeto-smeared racist game show host/property gangster raving about walling off Mexico.

In a situation like this, people demanding a true progressive government needed to understand what was happening and what was at stake if they sat the election out because they didn't get their "perfect" candidate. This only seems to be a problem on the left, that's why I'm saying it's hilarious- the right rallied almost entirely around Trump after he blitzed through all the "moderate" Republican candidates in the primaries. The left should have done the same instead of feeding into the Republican's decades-old propaganda strategy by demonising Hillary.

But then again, I'm only an Australian. What would I know about state leaders getting kicked through a revolving door and voters lapping it up while Rupert Murdoch laughs all the way to the bank?
I'm sorry, but what is this thread about? Oh yeah, the Vic Mignogna scandal. Sorry for sounding kurt, but I'm honestly tired of real-life politics that have nothing to do with the situation being discussed here. Go to Twitter or something like that but not a Dragon Ball forum.
Real life politics are why Mic Vignogna and his goons thinks it is okay to touch little girls and co-workers or press his cock against strangers' necks.

I understand you don't have the nurturing to understand politics but instead of shirking discussions made sit quietly, listen, read, ask questions and ruminate?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed May 01, 2019 9:12 am

So Nick Youtube Lawyer apparently got his twitter account back and Marzgurl is trying to get a defamation case against those other Youtubers. Guess we're going to have to deal with even more of this shitstorm.

A shitstorm that basically has nothing to do with Vic Mignogna anymore, to be fair.

https://www.gofundme.com/wff68g-help-with-legal-fees
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 01, 2019 9:18 am

Yeah, that'll teach sexual assault victims to fight back against M•E•N. Cuckin' Funts!

Goodness riding in a go-cart, this whole saga is becoming a mess.
She/Her
bisexual milf

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 am

Like it wasn't a mess 2 months ago?
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 am

MozillaVulpix wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 am Like it wasn't a mess 2 months ago?
It was such a mess two months ago that it echoed through time and passed through my post on today's date. Pretty sure it's hitting the year 42,069 CE next.
She/Her
bisexual milf

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:08 am

We really need to quit giving these people the time of day.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Wed May 01, 2019 11:12 am

JulieYBM wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:21 am
gokaiblue wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:21 am
Kataphrut wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:26 am

Again, people have convinced themselves that "Clinton wasn't much better", when from where I'm standing, yes she was. In a million different ways, she was better than Trump. Most of the problems you describe are the sort of thing that would only get better under successive Democrat terms (and a Democrat-controlled Congress/Senate, but having the definitely White House wouldn't hurt), and Democrat-nominated Supreme Court judges. These issues only stand to worsen under a Republican president, as indeed they have.

The big problem is not enough voters on the left think tactically. The Berners gained nothing by sitting out the 2016 election and in fact made things worse for everyone under a Trump government (particularly minorities who don't have the luxury of being able to "take a stand"). The ones whose votes had a chance of making a difference should have come out and taken advantage of the left faction uprising in the Democrats, because winning the election would have helped that growth in the long run. Rising tide raises all ships, you know.

People only even knew about Benghazi because the Republicans and their propaganda network (ie Fox News) hammered Hillary relentlessly on it. They'd been planning for her candidacy for years, so they did everything in their power to turn people against her. And it worked. People were convinced she was bad enough that they wouldn't turn out to support her even when the alternative was a Cheeto-smeared racist game show host/property gangster raving about walling off Mexico.

In a situation like this, people demanding a true progressive government needed to understand what was happening and what was at stake if they sat the election out because they didn't get their "perfect" candidate. This only seems to be a problem on the left, that's why I'm saying it's hilarious- the right rallied almost entirely around Trump after he blitzed through all the "moderate" Republican candidates in the primaries. The left should have done the same instead of feeding into the Republican's decades-old propaganda strategy by demonising Hillary.

But then again, I'm only an Australian. What would I know about state leaders getting kicked through a revolving door and voters lapping it up while Rupert Murdoch laughs all the way to the bank?
I'm sorry, but what is this thread about? Oh yeah, the Vic Mignogna scandal. Sorry for sounding kurt, but I'm honestly tired of real-life politics that have nothing to do with the situation being discussed here. Go to Twitter or something like that but not a Dragon Ball forum.
Real life politics are why Mic Vignogna and his goons thinks it is okay to touch little girls and co-workers or press his cock against strangers' necks.

I understand you don't have the nurturing to understand politics but instead of shirking discussions made sit quietly, listen, read, ask questions and ruminate?
I don't see what Benghazi, Trump, Bernie Sanders, Presendential Elections, and Fox News have to do with Kip Mangina touching underage girls inappropriately. Take that somewhere else.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 01, 2019 11:24 am

I'm not sure if it got lost in the server failure, but I had already made a comment about post contributions needing to be on-topic and that serial offenders of purposefully misdirecting conversations would have account strikes issued.

THAT BEING SAID, "keep the politics out of my comfy anime discussion!" is a surefire way to shelter yourself from legitimate and important discussion, and to just be a woefully-uneducated member of society. This is a conversation about a real-life person involved with this franchise that is having real-life ramifications on oh nose not just the product itself, but the actual lives of actual people. Anything related to that is up for discussion, and if you want to go head-in-the-sand, do it on your own time and don't wander in just to announce to everyone that you're not interested in it. Separately, if you see a post that does not live up to the community guidelines and a moderator has not already addressed it in some way, report it using the built-in functionality so we see it sooner. We do what we can when we can the best we can, but hopefully the last couple days show that we have an insane amount of responsibilities and appreciate everyone putting forth their best-faith effort. That helps us help you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Wed May 01, 2019 11:33 am

Y-yeah, “minimodding” as we (used to? I’m old) call it has always gotten my goat. There’s moderators here for a reason... you’re not one of them. You’ve been here like a week. Chill out. :lol:

That said, are there any actual updates on this situation? I see a lot of fake news and clickbait YouTube shit, but is this just going to slowly die off? It seems like cons are starting to invite Vic back... I think that YouTube lawyer guy claimed there were lawsuits and stuff going on, but it’s kinda difficult to sort through the manure.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Wed May 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Thanos wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:33 am Y-yeah, “minimodding” as we (used to? I’m old) call it has always gotten my goat. There’s moderators here for a reason... you’re not one of them. You’ve been here like a week. Chill out. :lol:

That said, are there any actual updates on this situation? I see a lot of fake news and clickbait YouTube shit, but is this just going to slowly die off? It seems like cons are starting to invite Vic back... I think that YouTube lawyer guy claimed there were lawsuits and stuff going on, but it’s kinda difficult to sort through the manure.
Been on this forum for four years. I'm not like the condescending tone either (in general). Again, I just don't see how literally discussing the presidential election and Benghazi have to do with anything regarding this situation. Maybe I'm not "nurtured" enough to see the connection, but there's literally two pages of just political discourse. Nothing to do with sexual assault, just politics. I realize I have no control or power, but I'm just saying my two cents on this.

As for your question in regards to news relating to this, MarzGurl recently setup a GoFundMe for her defamation case against YellowFlash.

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pm

Did you not just read what VegettoEX said?

And again, politics is not some entity separate from reality that you can just write off as "not being related". Obviously discussing shit Hillary Clinton did wrong is off-topic but if you're critiquing the idea of "politics" in general for getting in your discourse about something that is HOTLY DEBATED AND RELEVANT in both political discussion and this thread, then you're actually IGNORING the connections you keep telling people to make like you're somehow the authority on what people can talk about here.

Lest we forget that this entire situation has become more politicized as vic stans have made a basic case of sexual harassment and assault into a "libruls r so snesitivvvee" issue.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Wed May 01, 2019 3:57 pm

Shaddy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pm Did you not just read what VegettoEX said?

And again, politics is not some entity separate from reality that you can just write off as "not being related". Obviously discussing shit Hillary Clinton did wrong is off-topic but if you're critiquing the idea of "politics" in general for getting in your discourse about something that is HOTLY DEBATED AND RELEVANT in both political discussion and this thread, then you're actually IGNORING the connections you keep telling people to make like you're somehow the authority on what people can talk about here.

Lest we forget that this entire situation has become more politicized as vic stans have made a basic case of sexual harassment and assault into a "libruls r so snesitivvvee" issue.
Politics related to the situation are fine. What I was saying was that the ancillary politics (Election talk, Benghazi, etc.) were things I personally think don't belong in this thread.

Just because the political issues relating to assault are brought up doesn't mean that who you think will win the election should be discussed in this thread.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 01, 2019 4:52 pm

And that's fine, but like Vegetto said:
VegettoEX wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:24 amTHAT BEING SAID, "keep the politics out of my comfy anime discussion!" is a surefire way to shelter yourself from legitimate and important discussion, and to just be a woefully-uneducated member of society. This is a conversation about a real-life person involved with this franchise that is having real-life ramifications on oh nose not just the product itself, but the actual lives of actual people. Anything related to that is up for discussion, and if you want to go head-in-the-sand, do it on your own time and don't wander in just to announce to everyone that you're not interested in it. Separately, if you see a post that does not live up to the community guidelines and a moderator has not already addressed it in some way, report it using the built-in functionality so we see it sooner. We do what we can when we can the best we can, but hopefully the last couple days show that we have an insane amount of responsibilities and appreciate everyone putting forth their best-faith effort. That helps us help you.
If you feel it isn't related, don't respond to it with this "BUT STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT" approach, just take the conversation back on-topic yourself and report anything that's totally distant from the point. It's not up to our discretion whether that stuff's okay, but arguing about it just clutters the thread up with more posts that aren't really about what's going on either. And again, a lot of obvious fucking shit has literally been turned into partisan issues in recent years, it's gonna be inevitable that when reality is the topic, real-world politics are gonna come up. If you want it to stop, change the subject yourself instead of just crying about it.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 pm

It is entirely my fault for not adding a sentence that better provided more clarity when I said everything is political by better tying it to the situation at hand.

I will nevertheless stand by my comment about there being a lack if nurturing in the subject because it was not made in condescension. There is a definete lack of proper societal education on the subject. This is why this subject is political, because human rights are not being respected by Vignogna and his bandwagon. We all have the right to not be touched or harassed. This right is constantly challenged both in and out of court.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 pmWe all have the right to not be touched or harassed. This right is constantly challenged both in and out of court.
It's funny that Vic plays a character in the Sonic games, because he obviously didn't listen what the hedgehog had to say about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrtkiLEGbE
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 6:33 am

Like I would care about what is going on with these people. Anyway, I am not here to adress that. I didn't pay much attention to the topic and to be honest, I should, right? I mean it does affect the lives of real people. I personally am against any kind of harassment, however some times people tend to exagerrate with specific instances. I do not know what happened behind the scenes, nor am I aware of each person's character, but one thing is for sure: the Judiciary will end this. That is it. The Judicial system exists for a reason. Let the experts do the job. Even they can be corrupted, yes, but what do we really know? We are not interrogators. Of course we can assume and have an opinion, but I doubt that being hateful to each other about the situation will have any impact on the final result. I feel like this situation has divided a big part of the community. I hope that as long as we, the fans, remain unaffected (which we probably will) the entire matter will be solved and justice will prevail. I am not being sarcastic. If Vic is a pshycho put him in jail, if he has been misunderstood, clear his name. It is as simple as that.
P O W E R

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am

The way this case is turning out isn't going to be the "justice will decide" case people think it is. The suit that has been put to court by Vic's legal team is for a civil defamation case. At this point, the goal isn't really to "prove his innocence" or "uncover the truth" if you believe that sort of thing. The goal is financial compensation for damages owed in harm to work and reputation.

He's asking for a million dollars to make up (in theory anyway) for all the lost revenue that would have come from VO and convention gigs that these allegations have cost him. Of course, even if Vic wins the case, Funimation and Sony's lawyers would be able to barter that down to something much more manageable on appeal. As we all know, voice actors get paid peanuts, so whatever he's lost from not being allowed to voice act for Funimation again, it won't even come close to $1m.

Obviously if his team can somehow prove that this was all an elaborate character assassination job and that every one of those numerous accounts is a blatant lie, then he'd be able to wrangle a pretty hefty payout indeed. But the funny thing is, as people have discussed repeatedly on this topic, sexual harassment allegations are almost impossible to prove with tangible evidence. But by that token, they're also virtually impossible to disprove, and in a civil suit, the burden of proof is on Vic's team.

And make no mistake, even if they win, his reputation and his likelihood of getting a job back with Funimation are still gone. His innocence will never be "proven" because it can't be, and there's no way they'll ever take him back after what he's pulled. As I pointed out in the Dragon Ball Legends thread, a new version of Broly just came out in that game that uses recycled Vic audio from previous games. They'll be able to manage fine without him.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:58 am

Kataphrut wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am The way this case is turning out isn't going to be the "justice will decide" case people think it is. The suit that has been put to court by Vic's legal team is for a civil defamation case. At this point, the goal isn't really to "prove his innocence" or "uncover the truth" if you believe that sort of thing. The goal is financial compensation for damages owed in harm to work and reputation.

He's asking for a million dollars to make up (in theory anyway) for all the lost revenue that would have come from VO and convention gigs that these allegations have cost him. Of course, even if Vic wins the case, Funimation and Sony's lawyers would be able to barter that down to something much more manageable on appeal. As we all know, voice actors get paid peanuts, so whatever he's lost from not being allowed to voice act for Funimation again, it won't even come close to $1m.

Obviously if his team can somehow prove that this was all an elaborate character assassination job and that every one of those numerous accounts is a blatant lie, then he'd be able to wrangle a pretty hefty payout indeed. But the funny thing is, as people have discussed repeatedly on this topic, sexual harassment allegations are almost impossible to prove with tangible evidence. But by that token, they're also virtually impossible to disprove, and in a civil suit, the burden of proof is on Vic's team.

And make no mistake, even if they win, his reputation and his likelihood of getting a job back with Funimation are still gone. His innocence will never be "proven" because it can't be, and there's no way they'll ever take him back after what he's pulled. As I pointed out in the Dragon Ball Legends thread, a new version of Broly just came out in that game that uses recycled Vic audio from previous games. They'll be able to manage fine without him.
Most definitely. Thanks for informing me on the subject. Well, I cannot be involved in this so I will wait and see what happens. However, I truly wish that this will be solved and that whoever needs to be the "victor" of this, they will be. Of course legal issues and all these regulations that have to do with the case, will always follow the ones involved. Anyway, I just hope that everyone will be ok. The corporations couldn't care less, really. I truly doubt that he will receive that kind of repayment. Good luck to them, I guess...
P O W E R

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 am

Shaddy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pmLest we forget that this entire situation has become more politicized as vic stans have made a basic case of sexual harassment and assault into a "libruls r so snesitivvvee" issue.
"B-b-b-but liberals being mean to Vic stans is example #1823432984279345725 of how we got Trump!!!!!11"
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 6:21 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 5:03 pmWe all have the right to not be touched or harassed. This right is constantly challenged both in and out of court.
posting.php?mode=quote&f=7&p=1600074
It's funny that Vic plays a character in the Sonic games, because he obviously didn't listen what the hedgehog had to say about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrtkiLEGbE
To be fair, that is a separate canon. :lol: