Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 3828
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Tue May 14, 2019 5:00 am

I'm with Poly as well. One of my girlfriends was Roman Catholic and one of the most open, accepting people I've ever met.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4618
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MCDaveG » Tue May 14, 2019 8:52 am

Of course that lot of people are good christians, same as there is lot of good muslims, hinuds atheists...
Sorting people into bags was always a problem. What is probably actual problem with Vic is, that he is a hypocrite.
If you are christian, are vocal about it and try to uphold some values that are mostly associated with it, or come with it, than it stands out as sore thumb when you are harrasing girls on cons.

Personally, I don't give a damn if a person I am talking with is a christian, hindu, gay or lesbian as long as he is not an asshole.
You can go to church or be a rocket scientist, but douchebag is and stays mostly douchebag.

People shouldn't be ignorant and be accepting (but not to the point to withdraw and cease ourselves).
Our democracy starts where the democracy of others ends.

That's it.
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Monica, Roy, and Mr. Erick have produced their counter-argument to Vic's petition.

As I'm understanding it, they'll request for a jury trial if the lawsuit's not dismissed.

User avatar
MCDaveG
I Live Here
Posts: 4618
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:54 pm
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MCDaveG » Wed May 15, 2019 4:27 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Monica, Roy, and Mr. Erick have produced their counter-argument to Vic's petition.

As I'm understanding it, they'll request for a jury trial if the lawsuit's not dismissed.
Damn, Mignona's harrasment carreer goes for as long as I am alive based on that lawsuit! :lol:
Wow, that is noteworthy career indeed.
''Gotta catch 'em all! Dragon Baaaaall!''

User avatar
Bryesque
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Bryesque » Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Monica, Roy, and Mr. Erick have produced their counter-argument to Vic's petition.

As I'm understanding it, they'll request for a jury trial if the lawsuit's not dismissed.
Granted, I'm not an expert on legal matters, but... Rial's lawyer did not come to play.

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Bryesque wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Monica, Roy, and Mr. Erick have produced their counter-argument to Vic's petition.

As I'm understanding it, they'll request for a jury trial if the lawsuit's not dismissed.
Granted, I'm not an expert on legal matters, but... Rial's lawyer did not come to play.
Eeeeeyup.

Image

Take heed, Vic stans: this is how an actual lawyer operates. No rockstar demagogues, no conspiracy theories, no overt threats and blackmail, no screeching, no livestreams adorned with reactionary headlines -- just a cold, professional breakdown of the facts accompanied by grounded warnings of legal retaliation.
Last edited by Mr.Saturn99 on Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8715
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed May 15, 2019 2:41 pm

Bryesque wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Monica, Roy, and Mr. Erick have produced their counter-argument to Vic's petition.

As I'm understanding it, they'll request for a jury trial if the lawsuit's not dismissed.
Granted, I'm not an expert on legal matters, but... Rial's lawyer did not come to play.
That was my initial reaction too, holy crap. Not only does their lawyer come across much more respectfully and far more professional, he at the same time makes it clear they're not having this. :lol: Just...damn.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 15, 2019 4:48 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 2:20 pm
Bryesque wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:56 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:46 pm
Monica, Roy, and Mr. Erick have produced their counter-argument to Vic's petition.

As I'm understanding it, they'll request for a jury trial if the lawsuit's not dismissed.
Granted, I'm not an expert on legal matters, but... Rial's lawyer did not come to play.
Eeeeeyup.

Image

Take heed, Vic stans: this is how an actual lawyer operates. No rockstar demagogues, no conspiracy theories, no overt threats and blackmail, no screeching, no livestreams adorned with reactionary headlines -- just a cold, professional breakdown of the facts accompanied by grounded warnings of legal retaliation.
What facts? All the sources in that are Anonymous internet postings or links to websites with broken links. Oh and let's not forget a YouTube search for Vick in poor attempt to take people's videos out of context (most likely without consent)

Yeah real credible s*** here... :roll: The first link is to a website called "Pretty ugly little Liar" :lol:

This garbage is absurd. Her entire defense relies on stuff she can't prove. No Judge is going allow this crap as evidence. Let alone a legit argument.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 15, 2019 5:37 pm

^ Imagine actually being the kind of person who would type all that bullshit up there and just think "Yeah, I totally got these stupid Vic haters. This post is totally infallible." like they don't think they're a total fucking joke with zero empathy for victims sticking their head in the sand like an Ostrich.

Believing it's all a lie is a conspiracy theory. It is undeniable that Vic has exhibited bad enough behavior for a long enough time to get people riled up enough to cause a stir, and he's been reported on and investigated enough by the people hiring him to get fired. End of story.

If it really wasn't true, we would never, ever have reached anything close to this situation.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 15, 2019 5:59 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:37 pm
^ Imagine actually being the kind of person who would type all that bullshit up there and just think "Yeah, I totally got these stupid Vic haters. This post is totally infallible." like they don't think they're a total fucking joke with zero empathy for victims sticking their head in the sand like an Ostrich.

Believing it's all a lie is a conspiracy theory. It is undeniable that Vic has exhibited bad enough behavior for a long enough time to get people riled up enough to cause a stir, and he's been reported on and investigated enough by the people hiring him to get fired. End of story.

If it really wasn't true, we would never, ever have reached anything close to this situation.
Touchy much? Must be if you spent all that time insulting me and putting words in my mouth.

Don't even have the backbone to actually talk to someone directly with quote system. You're not even worth the time it's takes to make this response.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Nobody owes you the benefit of the doubt of "talking to directly" when you've been so consistently shitty and wrong at every turn for so long. If you wanted "real discussion" you could look through the entire history of the thread to see the obvious fallacies in everything you say. But the reality is that you don't actually care about whether the things you're saying are true. If you did, you'd check. And if you're acting in bad faith, you're not entitled to tolerance, explanation or respect.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16352
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Wed May 15, 2019 6:24 pm

The dueling post notifications to the moderation team is hilarious.
excelhedge wrote:You're not even worth the time it's takes to make this response.
And, like all the others who keep saying things like the conversation is ridiculous and there's no evidence and they'll leave and nothing's worth the time, you went ahead and kept posting anyway. Weird how that keeps happening. Like, it's seriously cliche at this point. It's the same thing over and over and over with y'all. Own that you think it's a conspiracy, and stop hiding behind the politeness policing.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 15, 2019 6:39 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:09 pm
Nobody owes you the benefit of the doubt of "talking to directly" when you've been so consistently shitty and wrong at every turn for so long. If you wanted "real discussion" you could look through the entire history of the thread to see the obvious fallacies in everything you say. But the reality is that you don't actually care about whether the things you're saying are true. If you did, you'd check. And if you're acting in bad faith, you're not entitled to tolerance, explanation or respect.
"Consistently Shitty"? Where do you even pull that from?

I barely even post on this thread, and your toxic attitude is the exact reason why. You attacked me and put words in my mouth then make up a crap lie?

Why? Because I think Monica's Defense is a joke? Cuz she has nothing but hearsay while Vic has direct qoutes written by her with the intent of defaming him? Which is what his case is about.

Unless she has something to back up her claims and her Anonymous stories Vic is going to win his Lawsuit and it's Monica's rep and Jobs on the line.

Example: formal complaints to Funimation about Vic, Police Reports. Actual Complaints from Convention Staff or Hotels Conventions were held.

Not Anonymous Twitter stories with no actual proof.

Anyone that actually has logic and that read both cases files and the sources cited in both can see Monica's got NOTHING.

It's her own fault for giving Vic Lawyer so much ammunition.
Last edited by excelhedge on Wed May 15, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 15, 2019 6:43 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:24 pm
The dueling post notifications to the moderation team is hilarious.
excelhedge wrote:You're not even worth the time it's takes to make this response.
And, like all the others who keep saying things like the conversation is ridiculous and there's no evidence and they'll leave and nothing's worth the time, you went ahead and kept posting anyway. Weird how that keeps happening. Like, it's seriously cliche at this point. It's the same thing over and over and over with y'all. Own that you think it's a conspiracy, and stop hiding behind the politeness policing.
When have I ever said anything like that? I never once mentioned conspiracy or anything of the sort. Not once. You think the owner of this board would actually check facts and not put words in people's mouth.

User avatar
mfwlegend3
Regular
Posts: 633
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:00 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by mfwlegend3 » Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm

To think that we’re this far in and there are still people believing there’s some legion of doom out to get Vic "Literally Who" Mignogna is baffling, hilarious and concerning.

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 15, 2019 7:32 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:12 pm
To think that we’re this far in and there are still people believing there’s some legion of doom out to get Vic Literal Who Mignogna is baffling, hilarious and concerning.
What Legion?

I was specifically talking about Monica, her Lawyer, and the sources they cited in thier filings.

You all are a very confusing lot.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 pm

We can see your posts. You've been very fucking blatant in supporting Vic from the start. There's no mystery here. You have made it more than clear what you believe, you're only taking this "muh civility" stance to avoid actually being honest. You are saying "this doesn't count as evidence" (it does) so that you can pretend it's all just baseless lies and believe in the "SJWs lying about Vic because white christian men are so oppressed" conspiracy theory. There is no supporting Vic that can be separated from that belief. You are very clearly not arguing in good faith, and saying "bUt I'm JuSt BeGgInG tHe QuEsTiOn sO mUcH fOr ThE tOlErAnT lEfT" isn't going to help you. There are innumerable fucking resources to understand the difficulty of proving sexual assault, what counts as evidence, how Vic is supposed to prove the accusers are lying, not the other way around and how acting like a third rate douche who immediately jumps to "lol no evidence" like a robot is completely sociopathic and devoid of empathy. If you actually cared about any of that, you would have taken the time to read up on both that, and the rest of this thread where those things have been laid out multiple times for all to see.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Wed May 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 pm
We can see your posts. You've been very fucking blatant in supporting Vic from the start. There's no mystery here. You have made it more than clear what you believe, you're only taking this "muh civility" stance to avoid actually being honest. You are saying "this doesn't count as evidence" (it does) so that you can pretend it's all just baseless lies and believe in the "SJWs lying about Vic because white christian men are so oppressed" conspiracy theory. There is no supporting Vic that can be separated from that belief. You are very clearly not arguing in good faith, and saying "bUt I'm JuSt BeGgInG tHe QuEsTiOn sO mUcH fOr ThE tOlErAnT lEfT" isn't going to help you. There are innumerable fucking resources to understand the difficulty of proving sexual assault, what counts as evidence, how Vic is supposed to prove the accusers are lying, not the other way around and how acting like a third rate douche who immediately jumps to "lol no evidence" like a robot is completely sociopathic and devoid of empathy. If you actually cared about any of that, you would have taken the time to read up on both that, and the rest of this thread where those things have been laid out multiple times for all to see.
You love to put words in other people's mouths. Don't ya? You say you can see my posts. But you keep making up nonsense and Lies.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1074
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 15, 2019 9:20 pm

You don't have any "proof" that I'm lying, to use one of your bullshit defenses.

Better argument, what things have I said that you don't actually believe? You've had more than a couple chances to clarify but have fallen back on a broad generalization that "it's all just lies". This does not help in the portrayal of your views on the issue. You gonna keep flinging shit, or start acting like an adult?
hint: I already know the answer to this question.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5578
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm

He might not be saying that the allegations are false, just that there is not sufficient evidence to prove them in a court of law.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Post Reply