Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:05 pm

That document is straight Trumpspeak. Holy hell.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:18 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm I especially can't get over this part right here:
This is hilarious, I can't comment on what the law is in their jurisdiction but a fairly common thread in defamation law is that vituperative epithets aren't actionable as defamation protects reputation, not pride.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 pm

This is "gay fish" level hilarious absurdity. Is this lawyer using the Jackie Chiles playbook?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:27 pm

You know that when you make ABED laugh you are a laughingstock.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:27 pm You know that when you make ABED laugh you are a laughingstock.
Not sure what you're getting at, but okay. I'll take that, I guess.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:31 pm

I meant that you are so utterly serious all the time that I have yet to see you find something funny, let alone seen you laugh at at anything. You are awesome and I didnt mean to insult you.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm honestly not that serious. Maybe I'm more serious in this forum, I don't know. Perhaps my humor doesn't come across well in writing. Regardless, that a lawyer utters "he can't be a piece of shit, that's feces, and of course my client isn't feces, ergo he's not a piece of shit" like anyone needs something so obvious pointed out. How anyone could say that with a straight face is beyond me.

I didn't take it as an insult, so no worries.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:26 pm

ABED wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 pm This is "gay fish" level hilarious absurdity. Is this lawyer using the Jackie Chiles playbook?
Lmao that was always my favorite episode.

“I'm NOT A FISH I DONT HAVE GILS, AND I'm THE GENIUS VOICE OF A GENERATION SO I'm MOT GAY.”

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:19 pm

And to think, Vic could have just made a sincere-sounding apology, vowed to get help and take time to grow, and just gone away with some semblance of dignity.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:54 am

He could have done that the first three times someone spoke to him about it and wouldn't have even been fired.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:33 am

I think that my english vocabulary got tons of new and weird fecesload of collocations in it.
This document is funnier than the whole political career of our prime minister, who fuels companies he doesn't own but his family is with european donations and claims that everyone but him steals and that is why everything is bad...

Humanity can be extinct until 2050 by some sources, thank god I think :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:18 pm

ABED wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:24 pm This is "gay fish" level hilarious absurdity. Is this lawyer using the Jackie Chiles playbook?
That last paragraph really is a South Park gag in its own right.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:03 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:18 pm
That last paragraph really is a South Park gag in its own right.
It reminded me of that episode, where they realize that Bono Vox is the biggest turd on planet :lol:
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Context for that document has come out:
Actually stuff like this was sent out to multiple people on April 12th around close of business while Nick was hyping a lawsuit dropping on Monday. They did not even give the defense 4 full business days for the lawyers to respond before filing the lawsuit.
Also, for fun: Lawyers' reaction to said document/Rekieta, a fundamental contradiction between Rekieta/Beard, and yes, more of Beard's, um, "legal expertise".
"My friend, the Texas Damages Mitigation Act does not require anyone to send a retraction letter claiming that constitutionally protected opinion and metaphor (which cannot as a matter of law be defamatory) was defamatory. If you know that and are posturing for your donors, then you are a grifter and a disgrace to the bar, and should be disbarred. If you *don't* know that, then you are too ignorant to practice in this area, and should shut up. Either way, you should be ashamed.
"Earlier today I learned about this #StandWithVic hashtag and the total gibberish sent by his lawyers as part of a LOLsuit Reminder to check out the defamation basics #Law140 on why this is going to end poorly for him"
Last edited by Mr.Saturn99 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm
"My friend, the Texas Damages Mitigation Act does not require anyone to send a retraction letter claiming that constitutionally protected opinion and metaphor (which cannot as a matter of law be defamatory) was defamatory. If you know that and are posturing for your donors, then you are a grifter and a disgrace to the bar, and should be disbarred. If you *don't* know that, then you are too ignorant to practice in this area, and should shut up. Either way, you should be ashamed.
This is incredible, it's like watching a boulder fall on a house of cards.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:46 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:41 pm Also, for fun: Lawyers' reaction to said document/Rekieta,
Just observing how many people stan'ing Vic on Twitter just have nondescript loli anime profile pictures. Sure is interesting.
Special Beam Cannon!

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Greg is destroying Rekieta on Twitter right now. I can't.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:00 pm Greg is destroying Rekieta on Twitter right now. I can't.
This is sublime.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:29 pm

The hilarious irony of the Vic defenders blasting the other lawyers for "trying to get their 15 minutes of fame".
Special Beam Cannon!

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:00 pm Greg is destroying Rekieta on Twitter right now. I can't.
Oh god, this is going to be so much fun. I can't wait.