Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:05 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm Much obliged. Jeebus, could Vic's lawyer be any more of a train wreck. :lol: I almost feel bad for him at this point.
He's the Mr. Satan of lawyers.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 pm

KBABZ wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm Much obliged. Jeebus, could Vic's lawyer be any more of a train wreck. :lol: I almost feel bad for him at this point.
Except Mr. Satan was popular and successful.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:14 pm
KBABZ wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:05 pm
Except Mr. Satan was popular and successful.
He's the Mr. Satan Bacterian of lawyers.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:00 am

After having the discourse around this story dominated for so long by Rekieta and his army of chuds, it’s immensely satisfying to see intelligent, credible people swoop in to confirm what many of us have always known. This is a bogus lawsuit, it’s not going to succeed, and it isn’t going to restore Vic’s career or reputation. Ironically he’d have had a better chance of that if he’d just taken his lumps, stayed quiet for a few years and come back a few years later a “changed man.”

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:37 am

Kataphrut wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:00 am After having the discourse around this story dominated for so long by Rekieta and his army of chuds, it’s immensely satisfying to see intelligent, credible people swoop in to confirm what many of us have always known. This is a bogus lawsuit, it’s not going to succeed, and it isn’t going to restore Vic’s career or reputation. Ironically he’d have had a better chance of that if he’d just taken his lumps, stayed quiet for a few years and come back a few years later a “changed man.”
This is the funny thing - it's worked perfectly before for him to just ignore the accusations.

This whole debacle is Streisanding him up to 11.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:28 am

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:53 am

"This happened to me the other week, although the other side isn't very good at it"

Wow, that's rich given how terrible a job Kiwi Farms did of Doxxing Greg Douchette.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am

Sad thing is, Vic isn't paying a dime for this "lawyer" All of his legal expenses are being paid for by those crazy fans that set up the GoFundMe page. I wonder how those donors are feeling now seeing their money being spent on this shit?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:39 am

TVfan721 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:03 am Sad thing is, Vic isn't paying a dime for this "lawyer" All of his legal expenses are being paid for by those crazy fans that set up the GoFundMe page. I wonder how those donors are feeling now seeing their money being spent on this shit?
Probably more disappointed than they'd care to admit out loud. I showed my ISWV that clip of Ty calling for the doxxing of Greg. The conversation pretty much went like this...

Fionordequester: "You saw this clip, right?"

???: "Yeah, I've seen that"

Fionordequester: "You know who Kiwi Farms are, right?"

???: "Yep"

Fionordequester: [Having confirmed that, I steer the conversation towards small talk on various unrelated things, as I usually do]

They won't say it, but, I'm willing to bet the more sensible ones are starting to bow out. That friend, at least, hasn't been nearly as active as they had been on engaging in the arguments; they've talked much more about their cosplaying, instead.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:44 pm

Funimation has put forth a legal response. I only gave it a quick skim since I'm busy covering E3, but it's only a few pages. Make of it what you will.
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:14 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:08 pmEdit: Also, him pointing out Beard's law firm's been sanctioned for a false trial subpoena, LOL
Do you still have a link to that bit? The current link is just taking me to the previous page of this thread.
Dunno how that happened -- sorry about that! Although for some reason I can't edit it. Hmm.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Watching this crumble around them is one of the funniest and most gratifying things to witness. You can just feel them seething. Of course, once they lose, they'll start crying about injustice, despite their whole movement based on the notion of due process.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:44 pm Funimation has put forth a legal response. I only gave it a quick skim since I'm busy covering E3, but it's only a few pages. Make of it what you will.
Ooo! You're covering E3??

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Well they are already crying that all the lawyers telling them they are wrong didn’t do their research and don’t know Texas Law (even though they keep being told Texas Law is going to be the same as Federal Law in this case)

Apparently these armchair lawyers know more than real lawyers because they have religiously watched Nick’s streams.

Edit: Meanwhile you got Nick’s fanboys going ballistic because Greg won’t debate Nick on his monetised stream. I think my favorite part of this is Nick exposing himself to actual respectful lawyers in the field and even they think he is a loser. Pope Hat Who is pretty popular& respected lawyer on Twitter has him blocked. Pretty much all Nick has is his angry rage nerd fanbase.

We have also learned from all this Ty is pretty incompetent himself.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm

KBABZ wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:54 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:44 pm Funimation has put forth a legal response. I only gave it a quick skim since I'm busy covering E3, but it's only a few pages. Make of it what you will.
Ooo! You're covering E3??
Without getting too off-topic: for a site I write for, yes. Unfortunately we couldn't make it down there this year (I did for the first time last year, which was awesome), but between keeping an eye on the news and catching up with Viz's review copies (doing One Piece vol. 90 now), I probably won't be paying too much attention to the lawyer trainwreck this week.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm Without getting too off-topic: for a site I write for, yes. Unfortunately we couldn't make it down there this year (I did for the first time last year, which was awesome), but between keeping an eye on the news and catching up with Viz's review copies (doing One Piece vol. 90 now), I probably won't be paying too much attention to the lawyer trainwreck this week.
Off-topic within:

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Jesus Christ the typos. Who ARE these people?
Special Beam Cannon!

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Haha holy shit Greg just keeps on winning
In today's lulz, a judge several counties away sent me a DM of Screech in blackface asking for a summary of what's going on, b/c apparently their local PD found the mega-thread and had been passing it around 😂😂😂
FYI: "Screech" is his nickname for Rekieta.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:34 pm

This is cute.

Special Beam Cannon!

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:43 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:34 pm This is cute.

LOL

Greg out here destroying these folks. Why would you ever twitter argue with a genuine criminal defense lawyer? You aren't ever gonna win they do that shit for a living to save lives.

Kefla
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kefla » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Lol! Greg is out there destroying them, good job on his part.