Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 pm
Kinokima wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 pm Vic is the one suing Monica, Jamie, Ron and Funimation.
He knows this. He's just a shit-stirring idiot.

Nevermind the fact that this entire situation arose out of "internet gossip". Like every Vic Stan, he thinks that evidence of sexual misconduct - read: 8K uncompressed video footage of Vic raping a coworker under studio lighting while narrating the entire thing like Mr. fucking Rogers, which might convince them unless said coworker was showing even the slightest hint of ankle or took the smallest sip of Bud Light - is going to surface during this defamation suit, which everyone already knows is not going to happen. The internet gossip is the testimonies of various women against Vic, so we land right back where we started for the hundredth time; if you dismiss multiple accusers of the same individual, you're just a biased asshole.
Quoted so Excelhedge can see it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Maybe senior citizens shouldn't touch and kiss little girls or sexually abuse their colleagues?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:41 pm Quoted so Excelhedge can see it.
Why bother? All Cursed Lemon does is hurl insults and try to start fights.

I'm not going to fight with him.
ABED wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:46 pm
While many may not like it, the court cases are where we will get solid facts.
But it's not what determines the truth. The truth can be hard to prove. My dad and his company are being sued by the previous owner. The previous owner is a piece of garbage. He's a liar. We still haven't gone to trial, we're still in the deposition stage and yet he's been caught in a lie. However, it will be hard to convict him for perjury (so I've been told). That doesn't mean he didn't knowingly lie under oath. We know he lied because that's the kind of person he is.

Point is, don't assume this case will determine the truth.

Good point. We will never know 100% the turth but we will have actual facts and that's better than unproven internet gossip.
Fionordequester wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:51 pm
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:23 pmKinokima could you please not lump me in with the apologists please.
Don't be disingenuous. You may not be a "fanboy", but you've retweeted his public apology in February, retweeted other posts attempting to "call KickVic out", show a clear anti-SJW slant, and your first response to other sexual assault cases (like the one with Jim Cummings) can basically be summed up with "Pics, or it didn't happen".

You're not unbiased. You're not neutral. You picked which horse you were backing all the way in Februrary, and decided that KickVic was the bad guy in this conflict.

So own it; don't deny it.

Yeah... Cuz retweeting means I 100% agree with something right?

I can have opinions on certain members on Kickvic that fake evidence, doesn't mean I can't be objective.

Anti SJW? Alright XD whatever.

As far as Jim Cummings goes yeah I didn't want to think of one of VA of my childhood in that way. It turned out his ex-wife lied about everything so she could try to take custody of thier kids, at least the last I checked on it.

I'm also sure I never once said "pics or it didn't happen"
Last edited by excelhedge on Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:09 pm

Maybe people shouldn't touch little girls and sexually assault colleagues? Maybe people shouldn't stand up for someone who isn't even a friend or family member when not even the people who work closest with him will defrnd him? Maybe Mic Vignogna should be removed from the spaces where he has spent forty years assaulting those whom he wields power over to fulfill his sick tendencies?
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:43 pm

Nice to see we're going through the "arrghhhhh online testimony isn't proof" phase again...
Kinokima wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 pm Vic is the one suing Monica, Jamie, Ron and Funimation. He is going to have to prove statements they made against him were false and they did so KNOWING they were false with total disregard for the truth. Good Luck with that. This case is a total farce

But you know here is Ty (Vic’s lawyer) signing autographs at an anime con like he is some celebrity

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/11 ... 70048?s=21
Meanwhile, apparently calling for doxing other lawyers is still cool in Vic's eyes. These goons have no shame.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:05 pm

The "innocent until proven guilty" crowd had been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. Maybe actual professional lawyers weighing in and pointing out that this suit is going to get laughed out of court scared them.

Of course, when that eventually happens, they're going to find some excuse to believe the courts were "biased". Frankly, I'd respect the ones pretending to be neutral more if they changed their profile pics to anime avatars and flat out admitted they were #ISWV. I'd respect them for being honest at least.

My favourite thing about the Greg Doucette and co megathread is them pointing out exactly what I'd be saying all along- that this is a civil defamation case, it's not about "innocent or proven guilty" or "uncovering the trooth," it's about damages to reputation. And the burden of proof is all on Vic and his legal team of grifters and hacks.

Super Kami Guru

Post by Super Kami Guru » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm

Does nobody find it strange that Vic has no children? The man is 56 years old and he has no children.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:51 pm

Super Kami Guru wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm Does nobody find it strange that Vic has no children? The man is 56 years old and he has no children.
So what? Plenty of people around that age with no kids.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 pm

Super Kami Guru wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm Does nobody find it strange that Vic has no children? The man is 56 years old and he has no children.
I mean, lots of people go through life without having kids. Not saying this to defend Vic, but that's just a weird thing to try and use as further evidence against him, especially when there's plenty as is.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pmYeah... Cuz retweeting means I 100% agree with something right?
It shows who you'd rather believe. Instead of one man being guilty, you'd rather believe that 30-100 women are guilty. So until Vic is proven guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt (which will probably never happen, regardless of what happens in court), you'll be supporting him.

You not being "100% for Vic" doesn't make you neutral. It just means you're not a fanatic.
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pmI can have opinions on certain members on Kickvic that fake evidence, doesn't mean I can't be objective.
I never claimed that... And to your credit, you've also shown distaste in Perfection's methods in how he fights for Vic. You've also chided someone who actually hoped the SWATting incident was fake. I won't discount those times.

The fact is, though, you're FAR quicker to believe bad things about #KickVic than you are to believe bad things about Vic or #IStandWithVic.

For example, there's NEVER been anything proving that anyone on #KickVic falsified evidence, EXCEPT in the case of the SWAT incident. Meanwhile, #IStandWithVic ALSO has at least one confirmed case of falsifying evidence (he was outed by his own friend; someone who's also a VicStan)... Yet you don't seem to be aware of it.
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pmAnti SJW? Alright XD whatever.
...Alright, maybe that's going a little too far. But I can tell who you listen to for news on Mignogna. I can tell you for a fact that most of THEM are staunch anti-SJW, and you repeat a lot of their talking points.

Still, I should've been more careful in what I said. Sorry :( .
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pmAs far as Jim Cummings goes yeah I didn't want to think of one of VA of my childhood in that way. It turned out his ex-wife lied about everything so she could try to take custody of thier kids, at least the last I checked on it.
That's not what happened. Actually, the court found evidence to suggest (not PROVE, just suggest) that Cummings WAS guilty of sexual harassment/assault/rape (for example, he even confirmed sending a pic of his penis to her, AFTER they had finalized their divorce in 2011). That's why he was given a restraining order.

However, they found his wife threatened to destroy his reputation around 8-10 months before the issue ever came to light. Hence, she was ALSO found guilty of some form of abuse, and was ALSO given a restraining order.
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:54 pmI'm also sure I never once said "pics or it didn't happen"
Https://twitter.com/Excelhedge/status/1 ... 4171823104

"Anyone can make up a sob story on Twitter" amounts to the same basic thing. That you're quick to dismiss any allegations as false, and will not believe any anti-Vic story that isn't 100% fool proof.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Eh, while I think it certainly makes sense considering how much of a douche bag he is it's also important to remember that not everyone can or wants kids. Hell, I don't have kids and I'm almost twenty-nine.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 am

That's not strange at all, pal.

Having children is a optional thing, not a must do.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 am

Tian wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:11 am That's not strange at all, pal.

Having children is a optional thing, not a must do.
Except, it contradicts what he's stated in the past, in 2015:

https://hitberry.com/actor-vic-mignogna ... ele-specht
Vic Mignogna wrote:I am not a very good person. I forget things. I sometime fail to keep promises and sometime I can be very rude. But my wife, she brings out the best in me... My wife makes me think about my future children, how I should be able to provide the best for them when the time comes. Since my marriage, I am more motivated in my work
Keep in mind that Vic had been dating Michelle since 2008. If he or his wife were sterile, that would've likely come up before he even thought of having children 7 years down the line.

Besides, Vic is Christian... And Christians, by and large, tend towards being more conservative (or at least the Christians I know of). No sex outside of marriage, a tendency towards being Pro-Life, not as much use of contraception, etc...

Just another reminder (in addition to him admitting that he tried to sleep with someone while they were both married) that, for someone who's a professed Christian, his personal life does very little to reflect that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:52 am

I think most people just think "he doesn't have kids" is a weird place to start when it comes to VIc's actions contrasting with his faith.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:49 am

...I suppose it could be easily misconstrued by the ISWV crowd, too...

"Holy cow you guys, now Kanzenshuu's calling him out on NOT HAVING KIDS! Now these guys are REALLY reaching!"

"Man, those crazy guys at #KickVic, am I right?"

I mean, WE know that it's not the starting point, but... I guess casual observers wouldn't :( ...

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:51 am

Why the hell does blackface lawyer have his own panel?

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 amIf he or his wife were sterile, that would've likely come up before he even thought of having children 7 years down the line.
He has ED. Sorry, you asked for it.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:06 am

ssj4 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:51 am Why the hell does blackface lawyer have his own panel?
Anime Matsuri’s show runner has also been accused of Sexual harassment and apparently they also hired Ty Beard as a lawyer

Also this wonderful con has other legal cases against them because apparently they don’t pay their vendors

So that pretty much explains the type of convention who would let Nick host a panel.

Edit: And also saying Vic not having kids is bad is stupid. I am an adult woman and I don’t have kids nor do I want them. So let’s please stop that stupid stereotype that having kids or not having kids makes you a good or bad person. Plenty of bad people have children too.
Last edited by Kinokima on Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am
Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 amIf he or his wife were sterile, that would've likely come up before he even thought of having children 7 years down the line.
He has ED. Sorry, you asked for it.
In before the "well that explains everything!" comments.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:30 am

Here is a video of Vic’s lawyer saying to make the lawyers on twitter calling him out miserable

https://twitter.com/lawofthegame/status ... 65120?s=21