Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:58 pmAnd am I to understand (as I believe it was stated in both) that Vic wasn't even at the court? WOW. Either he knew this was all about to go belly up and just didn't want to witness it with his own eyes, or he's just that conceited and arrogant to think he doesn't even need to be there to win. Either way, what a bold and badly planned move.
It came out that he was attending an out-of-state movie premiere, although I don't have the exact details on-hand. Regardless, yeah, the optics on that are rather...
Any predictions on how long it'll take the judge to decide on the rest of the charges? I know he has up to 30 days, but I'd be willing to bet it won't take him an entire month.
I believe October 7th is the deadline, but Greg and co. have been speculating on Chupp granting an early ruling.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:20 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 pm That anime protagonist example is really, REALLY disturbing...
I know...

I mean, have they SEEN the Broly movies?! How do they not know that he was the bad guy?! That he was defeated at the end of every movie he's ever been in?

I mean, I know Dragon Ball is like 30 Billion years old now, but c,mon :? ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:27 pm

I think it was more of a joke, that Tweet.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:37 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:20 pm
EXBadguy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:15 pm That anime protagonist example is really, REALLY disturbing...
I know...

I mean, have they SEEN the Broly movies?! How do they not know that he was the bad guy?! That he was defeated at the end of every movie he's ever been in?

I mean, I know Dragon Ball is like 30 Billion years old now, but c,mon :? ...
He also played Edward Elric.

Anyway, the part where they say "it essentially means that there is no fighting back against MeToo" - yeah, and that's the way it should be, if you're guilty!

Weren't these guys going on and on about how all of these accusations and evidence had to be substantiated in court before they would believe them? Now they have been, and they still don't believe them. SMH.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:46 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:37 pm Weren't these guys going on and on about how all of these accusations and evidence had to be substantiated in court before they would believe them? Now they have been, and they still don't believe them. SMH.
Yeah, I saw that coming from a mile away. They were hoping that the court case would for sure prove their point and vindicate their stance, but that obviously hasn't happened. This is the whole "that's not evidence" charade all over again where they'd rather double down and criticize the factual and legal information rather than admit that they're in the wrong.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:37 pm Weren't these guys going on and on about how all of these accusations and evidence had to be substantiated in court before they would believe them? Now they have been, and they still don't believe them. SMH.
I gave up on them really sticking to that one as soon as we had the picture of Vic "demonstrating" how he'd grabbed Marchi's hair, and they still claimed it never happened at all. Any of them that didn't turn away at that point were in for the full ride.

Now, I do have some hope that at least some of them will be jumping off the ride NOW, but unfortunately I think some never will.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:51 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:47 pm I gave up on them really sticking to that one as soon as we had the picture of Vic "demonstrating" how he'd grabbed Marchi's hair, and they still claimed it never happened at all. Any of them that didn't turn away at that point were in for the full ride.

Now, I do have some hope that at least some of them will be jumping off the ride NOW, but unfortunately I think some never will.
There will be. Again, I didn't any of them accepting Vic's guilt... But I did find quite a few going "well, that's it. Guess we've lost", or some variation.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:07 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:51 pm There will be. Again, I didn't any of them accepting Vic's guilt... But I did find quite a few going "well, that's it. Guess we've lost", or some variation.
I feel like it's worth pointing out that "Vic did what he's accused of" and "Vic lost this case" are two very different things.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:36 am

Oh, I know. They haven't fully accepted that reality, yet. But, calming down and admitting defeat is the first step toward them slowly realizing the truth. May take a couple years or more, but it'll sink in.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:39 am

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:19 pm You're doing them a disservice by suggesting all of them are being like that. The ones I saw here were more along the lines of "defeated acceptance". Not so much accepting that Vic was guilty, just that they lost. Lots of...

"I don't know man. I'm ISWV, but, this isn't looking too good..."

"Man, Ty sure botched that one, didn't he?"

"Fine. Whatever. We admit defeat."

And other things.
See, that stuff annoys me even more than the butthurt crowd. They're trying to play it off like the defeated hero with "you fought with valour" rhetoric, when really it just came down to Vic not having a case against Marchi and his lawyer being staggeringly incompetent. Even a Lionel Hutz-esque hack could have slept-walked her defence the moment Vic made that hair-pulling gesture in his deposition.

Also, I like that Nick is trying to play up that Marchi's lawyer was just too good. That's something you want to tell your $200k worth of GoFundMe backers. And if Jamie Marchi, a single jobbing anime dub voice actor can apparently afford Super Lawyer, how does that bode for the actual company owned by Sony?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm

Mignogna seriously picked one of the most incompetent lawyers ever to represent him. I kinda feel bad for the guy even though I really shouldn't.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:01 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm Mignogna seriously picked one of the most incompetent lawyers ever to represent him. I kinda feel bad for the guy even though I really shouldn't.
Why should anyone feel bad for a shitstain getting a shit stain lawyer.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:20 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:01 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:55 pm Mignogna seriously picked one of the most incompetent lawyers ever to represent him. I kinda feel bad for the guy even though I really shouldn't.
Why should anyone feel bad for a shitstain getting a shit stain lawyer.
True.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm

Aaaaaand.... now they're harassing the judge:

https://t.co/3cgVfsB1co?amp=1

A bold strategy. Let's see if it pays off.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm

Oh boy, that's going to win the case for sure!

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm Aaaaaand.... now they're harassing the judge:

Between the plaintiff, the defendants, their lawyers, and the 20 people who showed up to witness the hearing, Chupp was legitimately the sole person with the least amount of knowledge regarding this case, despite being the sole person with the most amount of access to knowledge regarding it, as well as being the sole person with the most responsibility to know at least as much.
Wow guys!

Apparently it's the judge's job to know finest, most granular details of the case and then present them to the lawyers, instead of...oh I don't know...the other way around.

What a butt trumpet.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:23 pm Aaaaaand.... now they're harassing the judge:

Oh that’s awesome, honestly do they not understand how stupid they look when they do something like this? Apparently not.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:36 pm

Dumbasses. It's like they WANT their "king" to lose his case. But I doubt that will faze the judge, since he barely uses his FB account.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:36 pm But I doubt that will faze the judge, since he barely uses his FB account.
Oh, I'm sure they'll find a way around that little problem. Maybe they'll dox him, maybe they'll find the social media he's most active on, or something like that. You know, they'll really make sure he gets the message.
Last edited by Fionordequester on Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:51 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:46 pm
EXBadguy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:36 pm But I doubt that will faze the judge, since he barely uses his FB account.
Oh, I'm sure they'll find a way around that little problem. Maybe dox him, maybe find where he is most active, or something like that. You know, really make sure he gets the message.
Well in that case, the judge better be aware and protect himself!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.