miguelnuva1 wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:59 am
That's the thing about Morality. The initial act of slavery is not necessary evil it is how the master treats slave. Chewbacca prior to the new Disney series was more or less a slave to Han Solo due to the life debt he had. There are good slave owners far and few that are simply outweighed by the bad and Naofumi even in his worst state was never a bad master. He might have been mean, short and harsh but never bad.
miguelnuva1 wrote: ↑
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 am
I'm African American myself first of all. Secondly the world is not black and white. Slavery was used to abuse people for several hundreds but that is because the masters were bad people.
In the context of shield hero while he has slaves his slaves are treated well and of slavery was still a law in the united states and I was forced into it I'd rather have Naofumi then someone who would beat me for not working the way he wanted.
There is good and evil everywhere and shades of grey to everything. To label Nafumi with the monsters from 2000 years ago just because his friends are technically slaves is an injustice to me.
For real though: this person (who's race/ethnicity matters not in the slightest fucking bit
in this context) is actually defending real life slavery
based upon fictional depictions
of it from fantasy media
like Star Wars and this Shield Hero anime (which I've never even heard of prior to this thread, but it looks and sounds absolutely fucking awful).
Do we REALLY actually need to run through the whole "real life and fantasy/fiction are two VERY different things" discussion here?
Some Protips here guys, for those of you whose parents, family, guardians, and school system were apparently complete and abject fucking failures at their job:
1) Expert martial arts training in real life doesn't actually grant you the ability to fly or fire energy beams from your hands.
2) Getting bitten by a radioactive spider won't actually turn you into a superhero. It will probably just given you a nasty skin rash, if anything.
3) A billionaire nutcase who adopts an underage child and sends him out into the night to go beat up random street thugs while dressed as a bird would in real life be (correctly and justly) locked up in an insane asylum for child abuse.
4) As weirdly and inexplicably "exotic" as the UK apparently seems to come off as to some diehard Britophiles out there, no, Britain doesn't actually
have a school for witchcraft and wizardry, and when you actually call people in real life "Muggles" out loud as a grown adult, you sound like a total fucking lunatic moron.
5) Santa Clause isn't real. Neither is the Tooth Fairy. That was just your parents leaving you Christmas gifts and money under your pillow all along.
6) Vampires also aren't real. In real life, an inhuman, hideously grotesque, monstrous, undead parasitic creature who only exists to drain and siphon the life from a person is just called a Health Insurance Executive. They do
actually sleep in coffins and their flesh does
in fact burn up when in close proximity to a crucifix or holy water, but other than that the rest of the vampire lore is just fantasy/myth.
And of course, in the real world, slavery is inherently amoral, cruel, and abusive
, and NO
human being has ANY right whatsoever
to property ownership of another flesh and blood sentient human being. Just like Wookies, the Jedi, the Force, lightsabers, Han Solo, and whatever the fuck nonsensical garbage is contained in Shield Hero (which again, sounds like absolute vomit), "benevolent & moral slavery" isn't actually a real thing in real life that has ever, will ever, or COULD ever actually exist, and is tantamount to the idea of "moral and ethical rape" (something which, yes, various subhuman scumfucks HAVE actually attempted to seriously argue the validity of).