Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Captain Awesome » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 pm

Fuck right off with this “you need to be civil about the way you talk about your abuser”

I thought we dispensed with this idiocy six months ago but apparently some people are slow learners.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:44 pm

Captain Awesome wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 pm Fuck right off with this “you need to be civil about the way you talk about your abuser”

I thought we dispensed with this idiocy six months ago but apparently some people are slow learners.
Definitely. The whole attitude reminds me of the "respect authority" bullshit, only in a broader context. Like, honey, respecting authority didn't get us Woman's Suffrage, the labor movement, the New Deal, the Great Society and the Civil Right's Act. Telling authority to go fuck itself did.

Nobody masturbates more than a 'civility' proponent.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Captain Awesome wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:29 pm Fuck right off with this “you need to be civil about the way you talk about your abuser”

It’s more people don’t care. Stop giving the right outs of being “misguided” or “dumb”. Don’t be naive. Some people are just evil.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 pm

Dr. Casey wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:00 am There's a MediEvil remake? I loved those games. MediEvil 2 was brutal, but in a (mostly) fair way that made it really enjoyable.
Yeah! The PS4 MediEvil is REALLY good, it has AAA graphics but is a VERY authentic remake, pretty much 1:1 with a few modern concessions thrown in like Right Stick camera control and better running mechanics.
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:17 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:02 pm I think discussing this stuff is useful and interesting.
True, but i don't think that this specific thread is the right place to do so. Maybe in the "non thread worthy" one because the topic has already been derailed numerous times over the course of 200+ pages with long discussions and tangents that aren't even related to this including U.S/world politics, the slavery discussion from a page or two ago and other numerous irrelevant things.
I agree. This is a vivid discussion no doubt, but I'm really not sure it belongs here.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:52 pm While i am obviously guilty at least for the last page or two of engaging in some of the craziness, In regards to keeping things on topic I will say this, Vic's been pretty much ejected from the series. Johnny Young Bosh is his official english replacement and honestly there isnt much left to say at this point I wouldnt mind a lock just to avoid needless retreads into madness. The Mods arent nearly as active as they used to be though, I havent seen a post from Kaboom, TheDevilsCorpse, SaiyaJedi, Herms or even Kamiccolo9 in months.
Yo.

Not a mod, sorry.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:19 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:56 pm

It’s more people don’t care. Stop giving the right outs of being “misguided” or “dumb”. Don’t be naive. Some people are just evil.
Is it really fair to call someone like Scsigs "evil"?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:19 am Is it really fair to call someone like Scsigs "evil"?
It's not fair. I apologize to Sciggs for not saying something earlier;I couldn't figure out the best way to voice my objection at the time.

Anyway, it's true that Sciggs was initially on Vic's side; We all remember that. But, he's changed his tune, and it seems like he's trying. Attack his logic all you want... But there's no sense attacking his character.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:47 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 am
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:19 am Is it really fair to call someone like Scsigs "evil"?
It's not fair. I apologize to Sciggs for not saying something earlier;I couldn't figure out the best way to voice my objection at the time.

Anyway, it's true that Sciggs was initially on Vic's side; We all remember that. But, he's changed his tune, and it seems like he's trying. Attack his logic all you want... But there's no sense attacking his character.
Exactly. If someone is 99% on your side, saying that they're scum because they don't go that extra 1% of the way is crazy. That's one of the few actually legitimate complaints that are often leveled at 'SJWs'.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:04 am

I went to a bar in girl mode for the first time. While waiting for a friend to show up I had two drunk cis men come on to me and boy howdy am I never sitting in a corner by myself ever again. I can't imagine how much more uncomfortable the victims of Mignogna had it. Being unable to move while a drunk man twice your age tells you that he is 'hungry' and looking for fun is really fucking scary. The other guy brought me a drink while I wasn't looking and out of fear I avoided drinking it. Luckily my friend showed up and I escaped and the rest of the night was lovely but goddamn, what I had was only a sliver of how uncomfortable other girls must feel.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:47 am
Fionordequester wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 am
It's not fair. I apologize to Sciggs for not saying something earlier; I couldn't figure out the best way to voice my objection at the time.

Exactly. If someone is 99% on your side, saying that they're scum because they don't go that extra 1% of the way is crazy. That's one of the few actually legitimate complaints that are often leveled at 'SJWs'.
To clarify, my initial position was that I didn't know what to think at the time. It was just so random & the timing was weird since DBS: Broly literally just premiered in theaters over here. It being Marzgurl who got the ball rolling too didn't help, especially since she said she was going off of rumors she'd heard. The circumstances were weird. The other issues I brought up didn't help matters.
My stance in most cases with huge allegations is to not make snap judgements & wait for evidence to be presented or stuff to be explained further if it's not readily apparent. Considering all the initial allegations were simply girls in cosplay gear getting kisses on the cheeks, I didn't know what to think. There's a serious logic gap to go from "surprised kiss on the cheek" to "oh shit, this is more than it appears" when it's clear Vic wanted to just surprise the girls when taking pictures with them.

This IS very inappropriate, though, & you should NEVER do anything like that unless you discuss it first.

I, personally, don't think there was any harm intended there, unless there were more serious allegations I missed, on Vic's part, but that's just me. Why would he do that to underaged girls he's only seeing for 5 minutes at a signing booth at a con in public that he'll never see again? The math just doesn't support it, especially when you take into account that he apparently likes to to stuff in private like these things usually do.

However, as the shit started getting more serious with the bigger stuff, I thought about it more.
First was that it came out that Vic cheated on his ex-fiancé. A lot. That alone made him a shittier person in my eyes. Unless you have a poly or open relationship, NEVER cheat on your significant other. That's the cardinal rule.
Second was the stories of harassment on several of his coworkers & stories of him being a prima donna in the booth, which Sean Schemmel made fun of in those sketches.
Third was his firing & his subsequent lawsuit. Rekieta is a VERY skeevy dude when he's wanting to make Vic appear better than he is. He convinced Vic to go through with it on bullshit charges, ran a Gofundme with Vic to pay his fees (which, I'm pretty sure he charged up front because he knew they didn't stand an actual chance), & has said very shitty things on Twitter pulling a Donald Trump of Chewbacca Defending Vic by bringing up stuff that has nothing to do with Vic or the case to try to turn the public to Vic's side. Like, what a sack of garbage. But then the judge dismissed all 12 parts of the case. Which means Vic & his team couldn't do shit to convince him they wrongly terminated him at FUNi or spread malicious stuff about him around to stop him from getting future acting jobs. FUNi wouldn't have just fired him if they weren't sure it was the right thing to do. No company would. That casts all the doubt. Him then appealing & being an idiot just made me not care what happens to him in this case anymore on top of it just proving SOMETHING happened at some point.

So, yeah, I may not have been completely on board at the start, but my stance is said in my signature. Vic's a scumbag. That's all.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:36 am

Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 amConsidering all the initial allegations were simply girls in cosplay gear getting kisses on the cheeks, I didn't know what to think.[/b]
A bunch of the allegations weren't solely restricted to kisses: they also included a good deal of groping (and if I remember correctly, a couple even noted pelvic grinding/rubbing during hugs).

Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 amWhy would he do that to underaged girls he's only seeing for 5 minutes at a signing booth at a con in public that he'll never see again?
He was also trying to swap phone numbers with a lot of them as well.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:46 am

Kunzait_83 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:36 am
Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 amConsidering all the initial allegations were simply girls in cosplay gear getting kisses on the cheeks, I didn't know what to think.[/b]
A bunch of the allegations weren't solely restricted to kisses: they also included a good deal of groping (and if I remember correctly, a couple even noted pelvic grinding/rubbing during hugs).
Scsigs wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 amWhy would he do that to underaged girls he's only seeing for 5 minutes at a signing booth at a con in public that he'll never see again?
He was also trying to swap phone numbers with a lot of them as well.
Oh, Jesus. Well, that's why I left open the possibility of missing out on something.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:52 pm While i am obviously guilty at least for the last page or two of engaging in some of the craziness, In regards to keeping things on topic I will say this, Vic's been pretty much ejected from the series. Johnny Young Bosh is his official english replacement and honestly there isnt much left to say at this point I wouldnt mind a lock just to avoid needless retreads into madness. The Mods arent nearly as active as they used to be though, I havent seen a post from Kaboom, TheDevilsCorpse, SaiyaJedi, Herms or even Kamiccolo9 in months.
Yo.

Not a mod, sorry.
My bad, got you mixed up with Ajay. He is a mod right?

My initial thoughts on this whole thing was similar to Sccigs, when everything broke out in the beginning, all I saw was "I was at a convention and Vic hugged me and even pecked my cheek" and thought it totally ridiculous that getting a light smooch on the cheek from your idol could then be later used as sexual harassment. BUT i've come to learn that it was a lot more to it and thus proper action has been taken. I'm not a Vic Mignogna fan at all, not that i dislike his work but he's not on some V/A pedestal either imo.

The fact that some folks are still trying to blind themselves to these facts doesnt surprise me much, some folks still try to champion for Chris Benoit.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm

The thing with smooches is that I even among my own family, I limited such things to my mother & great grandmother, and even then under rare circumstances.

I understand we admire our heroes & celebrities but that is a bit too personal for my taste. If you gotta smooch, then do the air smooches we lampoon wealthy or high society folks for doing.

Hugs = family members & close friends.
Smooches(on the cheek) = those who have had a motherly role in my life.
Handshake = everyone else.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm

I can respect that. I definitely understand that not everyone gets a hug or is entitled to one. Even if i meet a girl at say a super market and we hit it off and exchange numbers, At BEST a hug might be in question before we part ways and thats only depending on how intense the vibe is at the time. And you always ask first, never just dive right in!

It's a preference thing at the end of the day, you also always wanna respect people's boundaries as well. While I'm not hugging or shaking hands with every guy or girl i have a half decent conversation with, I will say that if I ever meet Nozawa and some how shes feeling nice enough to offer a hug and decides to peak me on the cheek, i wont complain lol. I mean never say never but the odds of that happening are extremely slim ( I know Japanese culture doesn't endorse a whole lot of hugging let alone cheek smooches). I get it though.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:44 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Kamiccolo9 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:07 am
Yo.

Not a mod, sorry.
My bad, got you mixed up with Ajay. He is a mod right?

My initial thoughts on this whole thing was similar to Sccigs, when everything broke out in the beginning, all I saw was "I was at a convention and Vic hugged me and even pecked my cheek" and thought it totally ridiculous that getting a light smooch on the cheek from your idol could then be later used as sexual harassment. BUT i've come to learn that it was a lot more to it and thus proper action has been taken. I'm not a Vic Mignogna fan at all, not that i dislike his work but he's not on some V/A pedestal either imo.

The fact that some folks are still trying to blind themselves to these facts doesnt surprise me much, some folks still try to champion for Chris Benoit.
Chris Benoit atleast had brain damage, Vic was in his right mind.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:19 pm

Thats no real excuse, to this day there are plenty of wrestlers who suffer from some form of head trauma or have even abused steroids in the past or both and they didnt kill anyone.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Chris was such an odd case. He likely had a mix of bad CTE, severe depression, the pain of numerous close friends dying, and substance issues likely as a way of self medicating. We'll never know the answers, and while this doesn't absolve him of the crime of murdering two people, I am somewhat sympathetic to him. Though obviously, I'm more sympathetic to his family, living and dead.

Vic's just a creepy asshole.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:23 pm

ABED wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:40 pm Chris was such an odd case. He likely had a mix of bad CTE, severe depression, the pain of numerous close friends dying, and substance issues likely as a way of self medicating. We'll never know the answers, and while this doesn't absolve him of the crime of murdering two people, I am somewhat sympathetic to him. Though obviously, I'm more sympathetic to his family, living and dead.

Vic's just a creepy asshole.
I agree. Benoit did a horrible horrible thing but his lifestyle led to who knows what kind of trauma. Vic decided to be a monster while in his right state of mind.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 pm

Meanwhile, on Nick & Ty's quest to waste even more of Mignogna's money...

https://twitter.com/questauthority/stat ... 24065?s=20

...the pre-emptive appeal was accepted, after all. Even if Mignogna voluntarily withdraws the appeal, he STILL may have to pay higher fees, now.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".