Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MozillaVulpix » Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:15 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:57 pm I will say that if I ever meet Nozawa and some how shes feeling nice enough to offer a hug and decides to peak me on the cheek, i wont complain lol. I mean never say never but the odds of that happening are extremely slim ( I know Japanese culture doesn't endorse a whole lot of hugging let alone cheek smooches). I get it though.
Kind of unrelated tbh, but when I met Nozawa in 2016 ('met' is probably a bit of an overstatement, stood in line for her autograph was maybe more appropriate), I thought even saying things to her in English felt inappropriate, let alone even slightly getting close to her. Obviously there's a much big difference in history and context, but people in positions of power know what it feels like to be starstruck and not wanting to break boundaries. There's no way they couldn't reasonably realise getting intimate (to underage fans!!!!!) is crossing a line.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:04 pm

Months after this all happened, having never really sought it out anywhere, I'm suddenly getting recommendations on youtube to people defending Vic. Mostly, it seems to be about small minded idiots rooting for the downfall of RoosterTeeth (he voiced Qrow on RWBY before RT fired him after this came out).

Honestly, never really interjected much into it, but quick peeks at those videos, well, they're the very epitome of victim blaming and "good ol' boys" mentality.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:04 pm Months after this all happened, having never really sought it out anywhere, I'm suddenly getting recommendations on youtube to people defending Vic. Mostly, it seems to be about small minded idiots rooting for the downfall of RoosterTeeth (he voiced Qrow on RWBY before RT fired him after this came out).

Honestly, never really interjected much into it, but quick peeks at those videos, well, they're the very epitome of victim blaming and "good ol' boys" mentality.
I've literally had a video recommended to me of some dude celebrating Marzgurl getting her twitter account suspended for a little while. Some people are just terrible.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:38 am

For anyone still following the case, the 190-page transcript of the sanctions hearing dropped recently. Mike Dunford, as always, has been writing up a bang-up analysis of the whole thing, but if you've moved on from Vic's dumpster fire of a lawsuit, the following piece of cross-examination should suffice:

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Ouch, that does not look good at all. He sued without evidence & for events they were not connected to? Sounds like a lawyer who just took he client's case for the money & less so because the case had any merit.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:41 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:26 pm Ouch, that does not look good at all. He sued without evidence & for events they were not connected to? Sounds like a lawyer who just took he client's case for the money & less so because the case had any merit.
Yep. Rekieta just told Vic all he wanted to hear & had him rush out a lawsuit he couldn't easily win. Now Vic's appealed the shit, yet he's already having to pay Jamie Marchi's legal fees. I don't know what he thinks he stands to gain from this, but Rekieta's already made his pay day, so he doesn't care, the asshole.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am

Scsigs wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Jackalope89 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:04 pm Months after this all happened, having never really sought it out anywhere, I'm suddenly getting recommendations on youtube to people defending Vic. Mostly, it seems to be about small minded idiots rooting for the downfall of RoosterTeeth (he voiced Qrow on RWBY before RT fired him after this came out).

I've literally had a video recommended to me of some dude celebrating Marzgurl getting her twitter account suspended for a little while. Some people are just terrible.
Sometimes I'm convinced The Algorithm is actively malicious. Every time I watch a video or read an article with a specific message, I get recommendations trying to sell me the exact opposite. More fodder for the "not interested" list.
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:38 am For anyone still following the case, the 190-page transcript of the sanctions hearing dropped recently. Mike Dunford, as always, has been writing up a bang-up analysis of the whole thing, but if you've moved on from Vic's dumpster fire of a lawsuit, the following piece of cross-examination should suffice:

Between this and his deposition where he admitted to sexual harassment and assault, how is there anyone who still thinks this guy has a case?

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am

Bryesque wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am Between this and his deposition where he admitted to sexual harassment and assault, how is there anyone who still thinks this guy has a case?
Wait, really?

Damn. When was that? I'd be interested to read that.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:11 am

Bryesque wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am Sometimes I'm convinced The Algorithm is actively malicious. Every time I watch a video or read an article with a specific message, I get recommendations trying to sell me the exact opposite. More fodder for the "not interested" list.
I just straight-up cleared my watch history. I'm focusing more on the Onision drama, which is more pressing & more worth your time than this bullshit, honestly. I also don't think Vic is nearly as bad as Onision. He's done some bad shit, but what's been happening with Onision is straight-up insanity incarnate.

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 am

Robo4900 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am
Bryesque wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am Between this and his deposition where he admitted to sexual harassment and assault, how is there anyone who still thinks this guy has a case?
Wait, really?

IIRC, he admitted to pulling co-workers' hair and even gave a visual demonstration. This was months back, so I don't recall specific details beyond that, though there's a GIF of him on the stand, miming a hair-pull while gritting his teeth that's made the rounds since. He tried to frame it as innocent and consensual, of course... But considering that was one of the main allegations the defendants made about him, admitting he did it on the stand probably didn't help his chances much? (And I can't imagine a professional environment where that kind of behaviour wouldn't be considered harrassment/assault.)
Scsigs wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:11 am
Bryesque wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 am Sometimes I'm convinced The Algorithm is actively malicious. Every time I watch a video or read an article with a specific message, I get recommendations trying to sell me the exact opposite. More fodder for the "not interested" list.
I just straight-up cleared my watch history. I'm focusing more on the Onision drama, which is more pressing & more worth your time than this bullshit, honestly. I also don't think Vic is nearly as bad as Onision. He's done some bad shit, but what's been happening with Onision is straight-up insanity incarnate.
I... actually have no idea who Onision is. :lol: I've heard the name mentioned a lot lately, but I've managed to stay blissfully unaware of his existence. Maybe I'm better off?

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:30 am

Bryesque wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 am
Scsigs wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:11 am I just straight-up cleared my watch history. I'm focusing more on the Onision drama, which is more pressing & more worth your time than this bullshit, honestly. I also don't think Vic is nearly as bad as Onision. He's done some bad shit, but what's been happening with Onision is straight-up insanity incarnate.
I... actually have no idea who Onision is. :lol: I've heard the name mentioned a lot lately, but I've managed to stay blissfully unaware of his existence. Maybe I'm better off?
Look up Chris Hansen's channel. Shit's BAD. Shiloh's interview alone is just sobering as to the kind of torture someone can actually go through in life.

The Tori-bot
I Live Here

Post by The Tori-bot » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 am

Scsigs wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:11 am
Hot take: both of them are worth an equal amount of my time (zero minutes) and there are far, far, far, more fun & rewarding things I could be doing with my limited time on this Earth than obsessively following the lives/“drama” of arbitrarily-selected loser dickhead nobodies for no reason in particular.

(Do not for one second regret my journey through the last few pages of this thread though. Shit's a trip.)
New to the forum? Just want to know when you'll hit your next posting rank? Ever wondered why some users have special titles, and what they mean? The answers to all these questions and more are waiting for you in the Kanzenshuu Member Hierarchy Guide!!
"Of all the things to worry about... the Wookiee has no pants." -- Mark Hamill
Herms wrote:Really, you could translate either title either way and nobody would care. But God would know.

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:36 am

Robo4900 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:02 am
Wait, really?

To save you from getting infected with the algorithm, I found the video of that part and uploaded it on Google drive for you to hear.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k2h8Na ... MDrqw/view
Vic admits touching Monica and Jaime's hair but he insists he just touched it in a playful manner and didn't pull it because according to him "it sounds like something you do in a fight". He doesn't deny touching their hair, but he's having issue with how it's worded.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 am

"I understand I violated their boundaries but it was fun for me, so don't hold me accountable for anything!"
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:48 am

The Tori-bot wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:20 am Hot take: both of them are worth an equal amount of my time (zero minutes) and there are far, far, far, more fun & rewarding things I could be doing with my limited time on this Earth than obsessively following the lives/“drama” of arbitrarily-selected loser dickhead nobodies for no reason in particular.

(Do not for one second regret my journey through the last few pages of this thread though. Shit's a trip.)
Well, I don't really follow Vic much outside of seeing updates about his court cases. Onision, I've been following for a while & it's not like it's my every waking moment I'm obsessed with him (he's not worth it), I just have watched videos on him over the years & follow the Chris Hansen investigation. It's thoroughly entertaining right now as well. Like, Chris went to his house to talk to him as a journalist & Onision called the cops on him because he's a pussy & knows he can't defend himself against what everyone has said about him on Hansen's livestream interviews on YouTube.

It's also not like I haven't gotten anything else out of it either. I discovered Canadian singer Shiloh, whose first album I've found to be one of the hidden gems of 2009 & recommend it if you like the kind of music she had on it. Honestly, it's like I said in an earlier post, her story is sobering as to the shit she dealt with. Every time I'm up at night & listen to her interview again while being bored & playing a game, I pick up on something new or just think of something new & I realize even more how sick of a person he is. Vic is a pretty open & shut case on he violated the womens' personal spaces & really went to try to make them do things. Onision is like if the book were held open by someone & closed with a goddamn sledgehammer in comparison. It helps that he has documented everything over the last 10 years.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 am "I understand I violated their boundaries but it was fun for me, so don't hold me accountable for anything!"
I really have become both amused and disgusted to see/hear the word "playful" from this guy or his crackpot fans. Amused in that, wow, that's not a fucking defense at all, and disgusted in that the repeated usage and dedication to sticking with it tells me that it may have worked some number of times before.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:03 am "I understand I violated their boundaries but it was fun for me, so don't hold me accountable for anything!"
I really have become both amused and disgusted to see/hear the word "playful" from this guy or his crackpot fans. Amused in that, wow, that's not a fucking defense at all, and disgusted in that the repeated usage and dedication to sticking with it tells me that it may have worked some number of times before.
Twenty years honey, twenty years of this shit and he couldn't fucking learn...because to him it's His right. Gosh, I'm fed up with him.
She/Her
bisexual milf

SHINOBI-03
I Live Here

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Shaddy wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:05 pm
You don't want to read the comments of the source I got the video from. They said Monica and Jaime were liars for taking the gesture out of context ignoring the fact fact that Icky Vicky admitted by his own word he touched their hair without consent. If they all believe it's okay to touch a woman's hair or simply invading their personal space without their permission then they have a serious problem.
My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 pm

The Onision stuff is hilarious and sad. Apparently Mike Morse, an attorney from here in Michigan, is getting involved on Repzion's behalf. You can't watch half an hour of Detroit-area television without seeing 17 Mike Morse law firm ads, so when I saw he was involved I had to do a double take.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:59 pm

Oh gosh, Onision lives near me. :|
She/Her
bisexual milf