Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Valerius Dover » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:11 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:44 pm
Young-Jah wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm Just watch Vic's video, he's absolutely right.
Context, bro. Got no idea what you're talking about. Right about what? And Vic's done several vids.
About the people trying to stop him from appearing at upcoming events.
Dude, don't really feel like poisoning my recommendations with Vic videos, but who are these people and which events are you talking about? The only cons that still invite him are these shady overpriced places that fit the other definition of "con" better.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:28 pm

Context, bro. Got no idea what you're talking about. Right about what? And Vic's done several vids.
Dude, don't really feel like poisoning my recommendations with Vic videos, but who are these people and which events are you talking about? The only cons that still invite him are these shady overpriced places that fit the other definition of "con" better.
The KickVic and the Yelp reviews
https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/03/ ... p-reviews/
Seriously, chill
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:38 pm

Mignogna abused being in our spaces for over twenty years. He should be expelled from them permanently. These are our spaces as fans and we deserve the basic protection of not having a known abuser allowed into them.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:09 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:19 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:28 pm
The KickVic and the Yelp reviews
https://boundingintocomics.com/2020/03/ ... p-reviews/
Seriously, chill
If your smoking gun comes from an alt-right website like that one, don't expect people to take you seriously.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:39 pm

Young-Jah wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm Just watch Vic's video, he's absolutely right.
He shouldn't be at conventions anymore, period. The way he fraternizes with and touches his female fans is inappropriate. Sticking him near other guests who could be co-workers he sexually harassed or assaulted is not a good idea.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 am

I don’t get why I should feel bad about a predatory racist homophobe because he isn’t entitled to be at cons anymore. :roll:

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:08 am

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 am I don’t get why I should feel bad about a predatory racist homophobe because he isn’t entitled to be at cons anymore. :roll:
Is he racist? That’s news to me. Obviously he’s a predatory piece of shit and homophobic mmm maybe? The only piece of evidence of his homophobia is debatable (but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was dude’s who have no respect for women’s personal space tend to be very homophobic)

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:50 am

MasenkoHA wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:08 am
XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:42 am I don’t get why I should feel bad about a predatory racist homophobe because he isn’t entitled to be at cons anymore. :roll:
Is he racist? That’s news to me. Obviously he’s a predatory piece of shit and homophobic mmm maybe? The only piece of evidence of his homophobia is debatable (but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was dude’s who have no respect for women’s personal space tend to be very homophobic)
I seem to recall he allegedly said something anti-semetic to a fellow voice actor who was Jewish. I think trying to “save him”? I don’t remember exactly. Maybe I did jump the gun a little with the R-word. Anyone have more info?

And I believe he is a least a little homophobic. Most believers in Monotheistic religions are on SOME level. Mind, I don’t think he’s Fred Phelps levels of hatefulness or anything, but he definitely believes homosexuality is wrong.

EDIT: made my point a bit less inflammatory.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:17 pm

Seriously.

For someone who's Christian, he's not handling the whole penance thing very well. The bad shit you do has consequences.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:31 pm

Vic shows every sign of being a narcissist. I know people personally who act like him and I can say without a doubt that people like him are incapable of admitting they are wrong. The idea that he can do wrong literally doesn't occur to him.

I'm honestly not surprised a lot of people can't stand him.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:00 am

Valerius Dover wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:31 pm Vic shows every sign of being a narcissist. I know people personally who act like him and I can say without a doubt that people like him are incapable of admitting they are wrong. The idea that he can do wrong literally doesn't occur to him.

I'm honestly not surprised a lot of people can't stand him.
That's the problem, though. The people who can't stand him are the ones who know him personally.

As far as OTHER folks are concerned, he's a superficially pleasant man who projects a lot of self-confidence. People are naturally drawn to that... Which is why a lot of narcissists end up in positions of power. Ordinary folks will eventually get sick of them, but only after they've been around a while.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Looks like Vic did another con this weekend with a bunch of hugging and close contact.

Totally on brand with Vic and any con that invited him to go on with the show during a pandemic.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:35 pm

>Vic Mignogna
>Hugging
>Hugging during a global pandemic.

If that isn't proof enough that he's just a fucking moronic sexual assaulter I don't know what is.
She/Her
bisexual milf

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:40 pm

At this point, I’m more concerned about the potential health risks of Mignogna being huggy with people than I am about any MeToo implications behind it. I’m guessing that makes me sound like an asshole, but I probably would’ve been less baffled by his behavior right now if the world wasn’t in the middle of a serious pandemic.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:40 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:40 pm At this point, I’m more concerned about the potential health risks of Mignogna being huggy with people than I am about any MeToo implications behind it. I’m guessing that makes me sound like an asshole, but I probably would’ve been less baffled by his behavior right now if the world wasn’t in the middle of a serious pandemic.
#MeToo is all about health, though.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:25 am

I hope he gets the virus.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 am

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:40 pm At this point, I’m more concerned about the potential health risks of Mignogna being huggy with people than I am about any MeToo implications behind it. I’m guessing that makes me sound like an asshole, but I probably would’ve been less baffled by his behavior right now if the world wasn’t in the middle of a serious pandemic.
I'm more pissed off at the con for not cancelling and/or postponing their date.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 am

Planetnamek wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 amI'm more pissed off at the con for not cancelling and/or postponing their date.
A lot of people (at least in the west) don't believe it's anything more than a small cold that's over exaggerated...despite the entire world being in lock down. Ignorance is truly the world's biggest enemy.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:21 am

I don't watch dub, but can't you guys just leave that person alone?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:20 am

Psajdak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:21 amI don't watch dub, but can't you guys just leave that person alone ?
I think what's keeping this topic alive is the fact that he's done so much yet is still getting away with all of it. I get where you're coming from, but try to understand where others are coming from as so many people like him get away with so much. I don't think it's too much to ask of him or anyone else to just keep their hands to themselves.