Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:25 am I hope he gets the virus.
Look i get that Mignogna is an asshole who's done some very inappropriate things which have already been proven at length, but flat out saying you are wanting him to be infected with this flu-like illness that's become a widespread problem over multiple countries. Yeah....just a little much there don't you think??? That is unless i've misinterpreted your post and you were making a joke or something which i really hope was the case here.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:08 am, edited 10 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Wilderness
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wilderness » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:21 am

Okay, so you want someone who is famously 'handsy' with people to catch a highly infectious and transmittable disease?
"I'm not a bad guy, I am a good guy, who just... hits women with his car."

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:46 am

Psajdak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:21 am I don't watch dub, but can't you guys just leave that person alone?
Can he and his sex-assaulting hands stay out of our safe spaces? We're not upset because of his shitty acting in a shitty dub, we're upset because he is a known predator entering fandom spaces for the express purpose of taking advantage of the defenseless.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:46 am
Psajdak wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:21 am I don't watch dub, but can't you guys just leave that person alone?
Can he and his sex-assaulting hands stay out of our safe spaces? We're not upset because of his shitty acting in a shitty dub, we're upset because he is a known predator entering fandom spaces for the express purpose of taking advantage of the defenseless.
Problem is, cases like Johnny Deep and Projared make people not sure who to believe anymore, I'm not saying what Vic victims say are lies, but..there is probability of that, with is sad, that there are idiots who use rape and violence as a way to destroy innocent or real victim. It make admit you were raped much harder. Baseless accusations and slandering should be severely punished, so such morons will think twice before that.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:09 am

coola wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am
Problem is, cases like Johnny Deep and Projared make people not sure who to believe anymore, I'm not saying what Vic victims say are lies, but..there is probability of that, with is sad, that there are idiots who use rape and violence as a way to destroy innocent or real victim. It make admit you were raped much harder. Baseless accusations and slandering should be severely punished, so such morons will think twice before that.
We have detailed reporting and Mignogna's own admissions that he got physical with people. Hell, he wasn't even able to win a defamation case he brought against his accusers.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:29 am

coola wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 am
Difference with those cases is those were he said/she said

These are he said/they said

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:10 pm

Johnny Depp and Projared were also still both pieces of shit, it just didn't turn out everything they were accused of was true. Jared still sexted fans and cheated on his wife, and I'm pretty sure we have video of Depp physically attacking people on set.

The simple fact is, while not every accusation made about an infamous person is necessarily true, you don't get a reputation for this shit by being a perfect little angel. Having factual confirmation for many of these strengthens the validity of the others.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:38 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 am
Look i get that Mignogna is an asshole who's done some very inappropriate things which have already been proven at length, but flat out saying you are wanting him to be infected with this flu-like illness that's become a widespread problem over multiple countries. Yeah....just a little much there don't you think??? That is unless i've misinterpreted your post and you were making a joke or something which i really hope was the case here.
I don't want him to die from it, just get sick and have to stay in bed and be quarantined for like a month.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:48 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:38 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 am
I don't want him to die from it, just get sick and have to stay in bed and be quarantined for like a month.
I know you didn't mean it like that, and besides in general he wouldn't die from it anyway as the majority of fatal cases are so far mostly being reported with elderly people who are over 60.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:32 am

Shaddy wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:10 pm Johnny Depp and Projared were also still both pieces of shit, it just didn't turn out everything they were accused of was true. Jared still sexted fans and cheated on his wife, and I'm pretty sure we have video of Depp physically attacking people on set.

The simple fact is, while not every accusation made about an infamous person is necessarily true, you don't get a reputation for this shit by being a perfect little angel. Having factual confirmation for many of these strengthens the validity of the others.
From what i've heard Heidi was seeing people behind Jared's back as well, so that whole thing just sounds like a case of two people who never should've gotten married to begin with. Nothing wrong at all with sexting as long as participants are of legal age and it's consensual, so i'm not going to get pissed at him over that(and that one guy who claimed Jared sexted him while he was under age had a rather fishy sounding story that was never really proven).
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:51 am

Look it’s not just Vic. It’s Vic, the Con Organizers, the other Guests and the attendees who thought their fun was more important than everyone’s safety. Even if no one gets sick they can be a carrier for the virus without even knowing as even asymptomatic people can be carriers

If someone at the con had the Virus this could be what could happen

https://twitter.com/natashafatah/status ... 66336?s=21

I know there is a lost of revenue from cancelling cons and this where the government needs to step in and help people but yeah the con shouldn’t have taken place.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:30 am

Wishing disease or death on someone is such an awful thing to hope for. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I hope Vic's victims get justice and the dude just f's off when he's out.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:17 am

Peach wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:30 am
Wishing disease or death on someone is such an awful thing to hope for. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I hope Vic's victims get justice and the dude just f's off when he's out.
Like I said, I don't want him to die. Just get quarantined for a while so he can't molest anyone.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 am
Planetnamek wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 amI'm more pissed off at the con for not cancelling and/or postponing their date.
A lot of people (at least in the west) don't believe it's anything more than a small cold that's over exaggerated...despite the entire world being in lock down. Ignorance is truly the world's biggest enemy.
This is sadly the reality of the situation. I just had to have a "debate" with my little sister about this because she was going around telling people that it's only a "real bad cold," that we've all had coronavirus already and were fine, and that it is only dangerous to people with immune system deficiencies and the elderly (she had literally no concern that her 1 year old son may catch this). She eventually admitted that she'd just got all her information off Facebook posts and other social media outlets, often citing the Trump administration's attempts to downplay the issue (which is hilarious given how anti-Trump she normally is).

She backed down when she found out that this thing is basically a different strain of SARs and that SARs only killed 774 people over the 2 year outbreak, while this strain of the coronavirus has managed to kill over 8k people worldwide in the 3 and a half months since it first infected a human.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 am
Planetnamek wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:34 amI'm more pissed off at the con for not cancelling and/or postponing their date.
A lot of people (at least in the west) don't believe it's anything more than a small cold that's over exaggerated...despite the entire world being in lock down. Ignorance is truly the world's biggest enemy.
This is sadly the reality of the situation. I just had to have a "debate" with my little sister about this because she was going around telling people that it's only a "real bad cold," that we've all had coronavirus already and were fine, and that it is only dangerous to people with immune system deficiencies and the elderly (she had literally no concern that her 1 year old son may catch this). She eventually admitted that she'd just got all her information off Facebook posts and other social media outlets, often citing the Trump administration's attempts to downplay the issue (which is hilarious given how anti-Trump she normally is).

She backed down when she found out that this thing is basically a different strain of SARs and that SARs only killed 774 people over the 2 year outbreak, while this strain of the coronavirus has managed to kill over 8k people worldwide in the 3 and a half months since it first infected a human.
I do think some people are blowing the virus out of proportion and there is a lot of needless fearmongering that isn't helping anyone, yeah you should obviously practice good hygiene(course I was doing that long before the virus hit) and you definitely shouldn't go out if you are elderly and/or have other underlying health conditions, but this isn't the second coming of the Spanish flu either, most people will be just fine as long as they don't take unnecessary risks.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:10 pm

The fear-buying is overblown but otherwise it's still dangerous to the immune-compromised.

If only retail and service folks were being paid better...
She/Her
bisexual milf

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:21 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 pmMost people will be just fine as long as they don't take unnecessary risks.
This is why it's a problem, most people are taking unnecessary risks. If people would just take a bit more precautions, this wouldn't have spread as much as it has. Many are unfortunately doing things they wouldn't normally do just to make a point about it. If people would stop acting out for once and just do what they're told, the number of infected will go down dramatically. LA is expected to have 25 million people infected within the next month or 2, why on earth are people allowing things to get that bad ?

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:55 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:21 pm
Planetnamek wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:39 pmMost people will be just fine as long as they don't take unnecessary risks.
This is why it's a problem, most people are taking unnecessary risks. If people would just take a bit more precautions, this wouldn't have spread as much as it has. Many are unfortunately doing things they wouldn't normally do just to make a point about it. If people would stop acting out for once and just do what they're told, the number of infected will go down dramatically. LA is expected to have 25 million people infected within the next month or 2, why on earth are people allowing things to get that bad ?
Yeah seems like its mostly Trump supporters getting all pissy and whiny over this, oh well if they want to risk getting infected then it's their funeral(most likely quite literally considering the average age of Trump's base), I certainly won't be shedding any tears if those bigots die from their own stupidity, it just sucks that they'll likely infect actual decent people as well.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:10 pm

They'll kill innocents while killing themselves. Writing off people because of who they voted for is dumb.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:13 pm

I dislike Vic as the next guy, but I don't think anyone deserves death unless they are truly evil.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/