Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:28 am

Shame Chuck is like this

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:37 pm

Apparently there’s now some claim going around that Chris Sabat and FUNimation treated Stephanie Nadolny so badly that they made her lose her role on OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes by essentially threatening to remove all their content from Cartoon Network.

For reference, here’s where I first saw this claim: https://mobile.twitter.com/TemporarySta ... 9345418240.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:10 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that that is entirely not how licensing out to the channel would work at all. I don't think FUNi would be in a position to withhold stuff from Cartoon Network (or any channel) over something like that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Why in the world would he do that?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 pm Why in the world would he do that?
I can’t imagine any reason why he or the rest of FUNimation would even care enough to do something like that over one voice actress.

It should be also be mentioned that Ian Jones Quartey (the creator of OK K.O.) actually did provide an explanation for the voice actor change in a podcast he did with RebelTaxi.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4gutUOXFTlQ
Last edited by WittyUsername on Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Just to clarify: did Sabat and co. ever confirm Nadolny's DUIs were behind her replacement?

Even on the off-chance they didn't, I'd be far more inclined believe that given how there's, y'know, a wealth of convictions and arrests that would certainly produce scheduling conflicts over the years.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:29 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm Just to clarify: did Sabat and co. ever confirm Nadolny's DUIs were behind her replacement?
Not that I'm aware - I only first heard about that a few years ago I think, compared to when the Kai re-castings actually happened, and I've only ever heard it brought up by people on the internet.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:15 pm

I honestly hope that if any of that is true Stephanie Nadolny comes out and speaks out herself.
One World. 🌐 🕊

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:18 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:37 pm Apparently there’s now some claim going around that Chris Sabat and FUNimation treated Stephanie Nadolny so badly that they made her lose her role on OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes by essentially threatening to remove all their content from Cartoon Network.

For reference, here’s where I first saw this claim: https://mobile.twitter.com/TemporarySta ... 9345418240.
They found this on Kiwifarms. They hashtagged that they stand with Vic.

Draw your own conclusions of how believable this actually sounds...

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:19 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm Just to clarify: did Sabat and co. ever confirm Nadolny's DUIs were behind her replacement?

Even on the off-chance they didn't, I'd be far more inclined believe that given how there's, y'know, a wealth of convictions and arrests that would certainly produce scheduling conflicts over the years.
I think Sabat just said she no longer voice acts or no longer worked with Funimation.

Might be considered bad form to air her personal dirty laundry publicly.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:34 pm

Once again, these Vic stans are something else. They knew they failed to garner more outrage regarding the Funi leaks, so now they're making insane claims. From what I heard, Funi can't do things like that. That's impossible!

Unless Nadolny speaks out, I ain't buying it. It already lost credibility when they put in the ISWV hashtag.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:18 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:37 pm Apparently there’s now some claim going around that Chris Sabat and FUNimation treated Stephanie Nadolny so badly that they made her lose her role on OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes by essentially threatening to remove all their content from Cartoon Network.

They found this on Kiwifarms. They hashtagged that they stand with Vic.

Draw your own conclusions of how believable this actually sounds...
Oh, I definitely don’t think it sounds believable. I just think it might be important to keep track of the kinds of claims that ISWV choose to make.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:40 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:35 pm Oh, I definitely don’t think it sounds believable. I just think it might be important to keep track of the kinds of claims that ISWV choose to make.
That even possible? They go through so many, I have trouble keeping track of them all.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:41 pm

EXBadguy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:34 pm Once again, these Vic stans are something else. They knew they failed to garner more outrage regarding the Funi leaks, so now they're making insane claims. From what I heard, Funi can't do things like that. That's impossible!

Unless Nadolny speaks out, I ain't buying it. It already lost credibility when they put in the ISWV hashtag.
The thing that makes the story seem really questionable is that there are still several finished episodes where Nadolny is the one voicing KO. If FUNimation was willing to threaten Cartoon Network into firing her, wouldn’t they have tried to erase any trace of her performance?

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm
I can’t imagine any reason why he or the rest of FUNimation would even care enough to do something like that over one voice actress.

It should be also be mentioned that Ian Jones Quartey (the creator of OK K.O.) actually did provide an explanation for the voice actor change in a podcast he did with RebelTaxi.

Could you timestamp that? I like Rebeltaxi okay but I don't really feel like sitting through a 2 hour podcast

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:54 pm

Shaddy wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:47 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:21 pm

Could you timestamp that? I like Rebeltaxi okay but I don't really feel like sitting through a 2 hour podcast
He starts talking about it at the one hour and four minute mark.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:18 pm

For anyone who doesn't feel like clicking, he said that when nadolny played the character, it was back when there wasn't a concrete series and it was essentially just a bunch of one-off shorts. Once it became a full-blown series the scheduling didn't work out for her.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm

We've now devolved to the point where people are telling what ever story yo want to help what ever side they're on.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:21 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:07 pm We've now devolved to the point where people are telling what ever story yo want to help what ever side they're on.
Meh. More interesting than a blank thread, at least. If we're thinking critically, and not concluding anything as fact, I don't see the problem.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Guys, guys...we got some proof that the "casting couch" story is true!

As in, Vic totally cast his side chick in a series he was the ADR director for :lol: Truly Huber's affidavit is a treasure trove of stuff that's just as damaging to the guy he's trying to defend as the people who are speaking out against him.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube