Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 pm
Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 pm What I'm saying is no judge except for the shittiest, shittiest kind of human being would ever convict someone of defamation and tortious interference for making an unproven sexual assault allegation unless it was explicitly proven to be false.
It's the USA and Vic is the one suing. The defendant has to prove that sexual assault happened. I think I read that in Texas, sexual assault is considered to be the assault of sexual organs. I don't think anyone claimed sexual assault, but I could be wrong. It's been awhile since the VAs first addressed this.
Actually with defamation it’s the Opposite. Vic has to prove the accusations are false

And for public figures which Vic is

In Texas, a person who is a "public figure," a "limited public figure" or a "public official" must prove that the defendant acted with "actual malice" when making a defamatory statement. "Actual malice" is defined as making a defamatory statement while knowing it's false or with reckless disregard as to whether it's false or true.

Now it’s possible because he is suing other “public figures” there is more to it. That I don’t know.

Akamay
Beyond Newbie

Post by Akamay » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Kinokima wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:22 pm Actually with defamation it’s the Opposite. Vic has to prove the accusations are false

And for public figures which Vic is

In Texas, a person who is a "public figure," a "limited public figure" or a "public official" must prove that the defendant acted with "actual malice" when making a defamatory statement. "Actual malice" is defined as making a defamatory statement while knowing it's false or with reckless disregard as to whether it's false or true.

Now it’s possible because he is suing other “public figures” there is more to it. That I don’t know.
So he's gonna need to show actual evidence for the stuff the people on youtube have been talking about all this time huh?
Based on stuff that has been out in the public, would he be able to actually prove something for this part of the case?

Still, even if he can't, I doubt people would stop using the whole "defamation" argument...

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:46 pm

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:49 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm Well, at least this'll be out of the hands of Youtubers now.
The irony is that a YouTuber is one of the lawyers.
WittyUsername wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm If there’s one bit of relief I can get from the fact that they’re seriously going to court over this, it’s that it will hopefully be able to provide closure to this whole ordeal.
Disagree, if Vic loses we're going to get #VicIsInnocent for the rest of our goddamn lives.
Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:46 pm https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8

#bethere
At this point, NOBODY here is gonna click that without you giving some context as to what it is and why it's here.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm

KBABZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:49 pm
MozillaVulpix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:23 pm Well, at least this'll be out of the hands of Youtubers now.
The irony is that a YouTuber is one of the lawyers.
WittyUsername wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:54 pm If there’s one bit of relief I can get from the fact that they’re seriously going to court over this, it’s that it will hopefully be able to provide closure to this whole ordeal.
Disagree, if Vic loses we're going to get #VicIsInnocent for the rest of our goddamn lives.

#bethere
At this point, NOBODY here is gonna click that without you giving some context as to what it is and why it's here.
The stream. The rekieta law stream, it is going to talk about the lawsuit.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:51 pm

Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:50 pm
KBABZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:49 pm

#bethere
The stream. The rekieta law stream, it is going to talk about the lawsuit.
Gotcha, thank you.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 pm

Jesus Christ these people are fleecing Mignogna.

Good luck seeking punitive damages for intentional interference with prospective contractual relations.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:26 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:43 pm For reference, at what panel exactly did Vic hold that panel where he addressed his behaviour at conventions and the such?

While I've heard of it, I don't think anyone has given a date or location to it from memory.

Thanks.
Bak-Anime 2019.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc3qzLJlu_w
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 pm

Btw; is there any chance of anyone being able to record everything that goes on there? Or any chance that there'll be something about how it all went down?

I'm worried that if things go south for Vic, we'll be hearing all the relevant Youtubers trash talking how "unfair" the judges were, or something dumb like that.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 pm Btw; is there any chance of anyone being able to record everything that goes on there? Or any chance that there'll be something about how it all went down?

I'm worried that if things go south for Vic, we'll be hearing all the relevant Youtubers trash talking how "unfair" the judges were, or something dumb like that.
It depends on the judge, but anyone can go there and watch the trial. It will also be transcribed. No word on video or audio yet.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 pm It depends on the judge, but anyone can go there and watch the trial. It will also be transcribed. No word on video or audio yet.
Unfortunately, I don't live in Texas. If I did, I absolutely would, though :cry: .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:03 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:49 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:45 pm It depends on the judge, but anyone can go there and watch the trial. It will also be transcribed. No word on video or audio yet.
Unfortunately, I don't live in Texas. If I did, I absolutely would, though :cry: .
Texas is kinda big, tho.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 am

ITS FUCKING TODD HABERKORN!!!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:55 am

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 am ITS FUCKING TODD HABERKORN!!!
What do you mean with this? I literally dont get it. What exactly is Todd Haberkon doing?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:58 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:55 am
Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:05 am ITS FUCKING TODD HABERKORN!!!
What do you mean with this? I literally dont get it. What exactly is Todd Haberkon doing?
He made a cameo on rekieta law. Doing a shout out.

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 am

JazzMazz wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:05 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm
AgitoZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:45 pm
Skimming through the original petition, the claims so far appear to be: Defamation, Tortious Interference with Existing Contracts, Tortious Interference with Prospective Business Relations, Civil Conspiracy, and Vicarious Liability.

If memory serves, all had been theorized by Nick Rekieta except for the last. Coincidentally, he will be going over the available documents tonight on his stream and will have Mignogna's attorney, Ty Beard, on as well.

If you don't feel like watching, you can pay for access to the documents and read through them yourself.
I'll save my money/time/sanity, thanks.

This'll get laughed out of court.
You never know with the courts...

Though I don't see Vic getting much out of this, there is always the possibility he'll get something.
How do YOU know? Bruce sue Funimation back in 2003 and that was settle out of court.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:29 am

Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:54 pm

I'll save my money/time/sanity, thanks.

This'll get laughed out of court.

Though I don't see Vic getting much out of this, there is always the possibility he'll get something.
How do YOU know? Bruce sue Funimation back in 2003 and that was settle out of court.
...Bruce who?

Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:33 am

Mooreish wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:29 am
Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:22 am

...Bruce who?
Uh you are a DBZ fans are you not... Bruce Faulconer the guy who made the English Score.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:47 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 pmI'm worried that if things go south for Vic, we'll be hearing all the relevant Youtubers trash talking how "unfair" the judges were, or something dumb like that.
Regardless of who the judges side with, one group of people are going to be upset about it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:47 am

Gokuisasuperhero wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:33 am Uh you are a DBZ fans are you not... Bruce Faulconer the guy who made the English Score.
...Actually, the guys who "made" that score were John Smith, Scott Morgan, & Julius Dobos. Bruce Faulconer was their boss, but he only personally composed a very small number of tracks... and only toward the beginning.

Anyway, Bruce Faulconer's case was very different than Vic Mignogna's, so I wouldn't compare the two.