Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm

So, here's the thing...

I think it's fair to say that this thread has seen a lot of disturbing/frustrating/depressing stuff. Whether it's the Vic situation or something people have written on this thread, I think it's easy--at times, unbelievably easy--to get angry or depressed about it all, and that's completely understandable. That said, that much negative energy idn't exactly healthy.

Of course, I'm not advocating for this thread to be locked, as it is definitely still an ongoing, important discussion that is relevant to Dragon Ball's production. Not to mention that it contains some very important info on sexual assault in general which I think more people should be aware of.

However, I'd like to make a casual suggestion: if you feel like the negative energy is getting to be too much, read and post on this thread.

I've read a lot on this thread about how people feel that the reputation of Dragon Ball and its fandom is being "corrupted," and personally, I think it's all important to remember that, while negative discussions are inevitable and, at times, even necessary, we nevertheless shouldn't forget our love of the franchise that brought us all to this forum. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a mod, I'm not telling anybody what to do. If you'd prefer to just continue posting on this thread, that is 100% OK (not that anybody needs me to tell them that as, again, I'm not a mod). I just wanted to step in and say, if anybody feels like the discussion is getting to be a bit much, it might be healthy to step away from the thread and go back to talking about what makes Dragon Ball fun.

Anyway. Didn't mean to derail the conversation...back to your originally scheduled posting.
Last edited by TheBlackPaladin on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm

Kinokima wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:24 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm While I largely agree with many of your sentiments, we cannot and will not sit here and let people advocate for mass murder, retaliatory or otherwise. That's the end of that.
He literally says he does not condone or agree with that part of the post
Exactly. Where people got the idea otherwise I have no clue, maybe people just want to find new things in this thread to be ‘shocked’ at.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:30 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm
Kinokima wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:24 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:21 pm While I largely agree with many of your sentiments, we cannot and will not sit here and let people advocate for mass murder, retaliatory or otherwise. That's the end of that.
He literally says he does not condone or agree with that part of the post
Exactly. Where people got the idea otherwise I have no clue, maybe people just want to find new things in this thread to be ‘shocked’ at.
Yeah, i read and immediately knew he was making it clear that he under no circumstances agrees nor condones with any of that nutty stuff this Oniman guy is spouting.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Oniman
Banned

Post by Oniman » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:31 pm

KBABZ wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:44 pm As a New Zealander, I heavily, HEAVILY disagree with this sentiment.
Your country was attack by Neo Nazis, not Islam Terrorist. The same people who attack your nation are the same people who will side with Vic Migongna. Vic supporters were jumping for joy when those white men kill those people in NZ.
Shaddy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:59 pm
This cannot be real. You CAN NOT be this fucking deluded. Holy. Shit. This is a troll post, right? This is some guy trying to screencap his own post for 4chan or something and say "lolz Kanzenshuu supports murder", right?
I'm no troll. I have my own personal beliefs just like people here believe Vic did nothing wrong and Trump is a good person. I do think it is bad that is okay for someoneone to believe that the Holocaust is not real because of freedom of speech, but not for 9/11. People can believe in whatever they want as long if they don't act on it.
Oh here's to my sweet Satan. The one's who little path would make me sad. Whose power is Satan. He'll give those with him 666.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:42 pm

Oniman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:31 pm
KBABZ wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:44 pm As a New Zealander, I heavily, HEAVILY disagree with this sentiment.
Your country was attack by Neo Nazis, not Islam Terrorist. The same people who attack your nation are the same people who will side with Vic Migongna. Vic supporters were jumping for joy when those white men kill those people in NZ.
This cannot be real. You CAN NOT be this fucking deluded. Holy. Shit. This is a troll post, right? This is some guy trying to screencap his own post for 4chan or something and say "lolz Kanzenshuu supports murder", right?
I'm no troll. I have my own personal beliefs just like people here believe Vic did nothing wrong and Trump is a good person. I do think it is bad that is okay for someoneone to believe that the Holocaust is not real because of freedom of speech, but not for 9/11. People can believe in whatever they want as long if they don't act on it.
Yet you YOURSELF said its okay to be a Neo Nazi. ITS NOT OKAY TO BE A TERRORIST, be Neo Nazi (Because they are) or otherwise.And Vic and Trump are scum. And I love Muslim people and their Islam.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:49 pm

Oniman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:31 pm I'm no troll. I have my own personal beliefs just like people here believe Vic did nothing wrong and Trump is a good person. I do think it is bad that is okay for someoneone to believe that the Holocaust is not real because of freedom of speech, but not for 9/11. People can believe in whatever they want as long if they don't act on it.
There are plenty of arguments about free speech to be had. But ultimately free speech is not freedom from consequence. You should not be saying that any act of terror and mass-murder is justified. I hate the NZ shooter and want him to rot in hell. I think white supremacists are dangerous and should be ostracized from their communities, fired from their jobs and treated as poorly as legally possible. I feel the same about those responsible for the 9/11 attacks because this is all one thing: mass murder of innocent people. Nobody should support that for any reason or any goals. It's not about freedom of fucking speech. You can shout in the streets all you want about how 9/11 was justified and you'll get ignored and called a complete fucking idiot. This isn't the streets, it's a privately-run internet forum about a Japanese children's cartoon. You are liable to any punishment or unrest that comes as a result of your words, so choose less fucking idiotic words.

And again, if this is what you really believe, get some professional help. You would be doing yourself and every single person around you a favor.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:56 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:42 pm
Yet you YOURSELF said its okay to be a Neo Nazi. ITS NOT OKAY TO BE A TERRORIST, be Neo Nazi (Because they are) or otherwise.And Vic and Trump are scum.
I don't get exactly what point that guy Oniman trying to make with that, because the Neo Nazis are a bunch of crazy scumbags who pledge their allegiance to a variation of an evil twisted ideology that was championed by a delusional madman, an ideology which ran roughshod all over much of western Europe through the better part of the 1930's into the early 1940's. Of among other things also contributed to starting a destructive second world war that resulted in many millions of lives being lost both civilians and soldiers on the battlefield on all sides, in not only Europe but the Pacific islands as well. Lest of which were staggering numbers of minority religious groups including those Jewish people who were native to Europe and miscellaneous others that were sent to their doom in labor camps to have unspeakable horrors and suffering and ultimately a painful death done unto them. In my mind, they are no better than the terrorists that cause havoc in the Middle Eastern countries.

Geeze Louise, i really don't understand this guy's reasoning or lack thereof.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 15 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:03 pm

If you're not saying something relevant to the discussion, don't post it.

If you're a nutso advocating mass murder and terrorism, you're not welcome here.

This is all very extremely easy and simple and we have no problem taking further actions against accounts.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Not what I took offense to. I took offense at the idea that killing people out of retaliation and racial hatred (which works both ways) is justified.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:30 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:09 pm Are you fucking kidding me?

First some posters started unsubtly inserting their own unrelated political and social comments despite them clearly being off topic yet don't even get a "please stop that", then those same posters are allowed to go on completely off topic, factually incorrect, tangential, incendiary political rants demonizing anyone to the right of Fidel Castro for pages upon pages without a single comment from the moderation (even when they chide other people for less on the same pages)
Harder, Daddy, harder!!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm

Julie, knock it the fuck off. I know you read what I'm writing.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm

Why didnt you tell that to the Terrorism Apologist?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:47 pm

Half a day. I leave the thread for half a day and this happens.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:48 pm

BlueChi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 pm I love how we got people banned for disagreeing with the original topic but we have a guy advocating for mass murder and the staff lets him go with a slap on the wrist. Not calling for him to be banned, either, but I felt like it needed to be pointed out. Shit's bonkers.
This is the main reason I don't post on the forum as often. It's become an echo chamber of crazy alt-wing politics who want people to be banned if they don't agree with you. I simply posted an interview of Vic Mignogna's lawyer and I got pounced on by a bunch of crazies who wanted to ban me for posting "propaganda"... I'm not taking sides, only posting relevant news on the topic of the thread.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm

Account history, current strikes, etc. are taken into consideration when looking at ongoing posts. Also, there's a review of current posts in addition to looking back at reported posts and pages of conversation.

People have never been banned for "disagreeing". When someone claims to have been banned for "disagreeing", it's usually because, I dunno, they advocated for terrorism or some shit.

And yes, the terrorist has been banned now. Thanks. (And sorry, my initial response earlier was supposed to be a multi-part thing about a couple different aspects, and got cut off, didn't come across clearly at all, and I didn't realize it before I posted and left. Thanks to those who obviously realized what I was trying to get across.)

The Jackal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by The Jackal » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:54 pm

Oniman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:57 pm
Islamic terrorist are nothing more than a urban boogie men that those right wing nutjobs that want you think are evil and everywhere when they are not. People like Bush and Trump use 9/11 as way to promote their racial views to allow people to hate on Muslim people. Before 9/11, there was no Islamic racism and phobia in the US. People where not scared of Islam before 9/11 and anyone who thinks Islamic Terrorism is that bad needs to get out more.

As a supporter of Islam, 9/11 was a act of justice
It'll be cold day in hell when I ever come close to swallowing even 1% of the BS you just posted. I get it, we live in the age of the SJW, and I do feel sorry that none-radical Islamic people are suffering at the hands of the terrorists who have given their religion a bad name, but blame the terrorist cunts blowing up innocence people for that. They are the ones responsible for all that hate. Don't fucking try and sit here defending them (not evil? are you mental?).

I want to believe you're trolling, I really do, because if you're serious, shit son, you need help.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:52 pm Account history, current strikes, etc. are taken into consideration when looking at ongoing posts.

People have never been banned for "disagreeing".
Thank you. It was unsettling when users were calling for me to be banned for posting relevant news on the topic at hand. This makes me feel a lot better. Can't wait for the next podcast! <3

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:01 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:35 pm Julie, knock it the fuck off. I know you read what I'm writing.
In all honesty I skimmed without reading because I needed to eat my lunch before my hour was up. >_> My apologies. I'll do better.

Back on subject: can't wait to see who starts a second con.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm

SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pmThank you. It was unsettling when users were calling for me to be banned for posting relevant news on the topic at hand. This makes me feel a lot better. Can't wait for the next podcast! <3
I don't know what exactly in particular you're sharing without doing a larger review, but if it's the usual bad-faith actors and standard regurgitated bullshit that's constantly thrown as a "HUH HUH WHAT ABOUT THIS?!"... I really can't blame people for asking you to GTFO with that stuff. It's the same nonsense over and over right out of the goobergator playbook.

These people don't care about Dragon Ball, they don't care about anime, they don't care about the fandom, and they don't care about you. They want you angry, more importantly than that they want you confused, and they want you constantly in that state of being.

SaiyaSith
Regular

Post by SaiyaSith » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:06 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:57 pmThank you. It was unsettling when users were calling for me to be banned for posting relevant news on the topic at hand. This makes me feel a lot better. Can't wait for the next podcast! <3
I don't know what exactly in particular you're sharing without doing a larger review, but if it's the usual bad-faith actors and standard regurgitated bullshit that's constantly thrown as a "HUH HUH WHAT ABOUT THIS?!"... I really can't blame people for asking you to GTFO with that stuff. It's the same nonsense over and over right out of the goobergator playbook.

These people don't care about Dragon Ball, they don't care about anime, they don't care about the fandom, and they don't care about you. They want you angry, more importantly than that they want you confused, and they want you constantly in that state of being.
It was just an interview of Vic's lawyer talking about the situation. I was told I should be banned for posting propaganda... It's definitely relevant news no matter what side your on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP_QryM96JM