Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kinokima
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 am

Apparently Naldony’s Twitter was hacked so that would explain her liking all those tweets

https://twitter.com/rachel_moonbutt/sta ... 37696?s=21

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:38 am

Kinokima wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 am Apparently Naldony’s Twitter was hacked so that would explain her liking all those tweets

Well that figures.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:05 am

Kinokima wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:22 am Apparently Naldony’s Twitter was hacked so that would explain her liking all those tweets

I freaking knew it!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:42 am

While this would make sense, I'm gonna need more than some tweet confirming this.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:57 am

Same. Looking at her tweet likes, she was actually kinda neutral if not leaning more towards KickVic before about two days ago or so, so it would make sense, but there needs to be some sort of evidence
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm

So uh, not only did Vic's team bring in a new lawyer at the last minute, but given the timestamps, Screech didn't even mention it last night on his livestream.
I'm at a loss for words. Greg gets into one theory here, but I don't think anyone knows exactly what's going on now.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm

That's...a thing. Huh. Is this sort of thing something that happens often?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:35 pm That's...a thing. Huh. Is this sort of thing something that happens often?
Going by Greg and co.'s reaction, I'm assuming no.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:38 pm

Is the end date for this suit going to get extended or something?

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Regarding Nadolny's twitter account, her latest tweet being deleted could be proof that her account was hacked.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:27 pm

The person who said that Nadolny was hacked posted a screenshot of the DMs they exchanged.

Of course, the stans are going all out trying to prove the DMs came from a copy account that wasn't actually her, so...believe what you will.

As for the latest news about new counsel being brought on right before the hearing, which seems really bad for the case, I just have to sit back, laugh, and prepare to ride the salty rivers of tears coming soon from fans who are gonna be Big Mad at the outcome of this case.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:34 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:27 pm The person who said that Nadolny was hacked posted a screenshot of the DMs they exchanged.

Of course, the stans are going all out trying to prove the DMs came from a copy account that wasn't actually her, so...believe what you will.

As for the latest news about new counsel being brought on right before the hearing, which seems really bad for the case, I just have to sit back, laugh, and prepare to ride the salty rivers of tears coming soon from fans who are gonna be Big Mad at the outcome of this case.
The only reason I'm a little skeptical of these screenshots is due a screenshot Vic stans shared that seem to conform to their view. Either this screenshot is fake, the other is fake, or they're both fake. The whole Nadolny situation confuses me tbh.

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:39 pm

Um... Shoot. My gosh. We've all been saying that this whole conflict was never about Vic Mignogna himself. Rather, it was part of some dumb culture war against the "SJWs".

...Well. Here's a KiwiFarms member coming right out and saying it.
Lone MacReady wrote: [E]ven if Vic doesn't win everything, he still wins. He's at least got Soye/Rial on lock, Funi isn't escaping either imo - but even if they do, there are still 2nd party shitheads to deal with like Funi's mouthpiece ANN and potential couch-keeper Sabat. Funi's brand gets more tarnished by the day, Toei is eyeing their Spanking-paddle, Sony is an outed WOKE censorious joke (with companies like RT and CR not far behind in the race to the bottom), and now even the hardest of hardcore dub shills are finding reasons to swear off dubs for good and to support Japan at the source.

At the end of the day all of this centers around a general push-back against the SJW co-opting of anime, Vic's lawsuit was just the catalyst for it. Even if he doesn't win everything, this event has done damage to malicious parties and outed animu-licensing for being the incestuous Left-leaning industry it is. While minor antagonists like RT may get out scott free - this case has and is STILL irrevocably damaging Funimation's brand/employees, and is showing Japan that their properties are not in good hands. Never forget that simply spreading the word to normies is probably the best weapon at our disposal. In the best case scenario where Vic cleans house, its a double-win because that court precedence will help many MANY men in the future to stay safe from lying old THOTs.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:39 pm Um... Shoot. My gosh. We've all been saying that this whole conflict was never about Vic Mignogna himself. Rather, it was part of some dumb culture war against the "SJWs".

...Well. Here's a VicStan coming right out and saying it.
Well...that's not the rant of a mentally disturbed and disgusting individual if I've ever seen one, no, not at all. :?
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:42 am

While this would make sense, I'm gonna need more than some tweet confirming this.
I'm assuming the full confirmation you're waiting for is a statement from Nadolny herself of some sort, but for whatever it's worth, Monica has also stated that Stephanie's twitter got hacked.
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:51 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:39 pm Um... Shoot. My gosh. We've all been saying that this whole conflict was never about Vic Mignogna himself. Rather, it was part of some dumb culture war against the "SJWs".

...Well. Here's a KiwiFarms member coming right out and saying it.
Lone MacReady wrote: [E]ven if Vic doesn't win everything, he still wins. He's at least got Soye/Rial on lock, Funi isn't escaping either imo - but even if they do, there are still 2nd party shitheads to deal with like Funi's mouthpiece ANN and potential couch-keeper Sabat. Funi's brand gets more tarnished by the day, Toei is eyeing their Spanking-paddle, Sony is an outed WOKE censorious joke (with companies like RT and CR not far behind in the race to the bottom), and now even the hardest of hardcore dub shills are finding reasons to swear off dubs for good and to support Japan at the source.

At the end of the day all of this centers around a general push-back against the SJW co-opting of anime, Vic's lawsuit was just the catalyst for it. Even if he doesn't win everything, this event has done damage to malicious parties and outed animu-licensing for being the incestuous Left-leaning industry it is. While minor antagonists like RT may get out scott free - this case has and is STILL irrevocably damaging Funimation's brand/employees, and is showing Japan that their properties are not in good hands. Never forget that simply spreading the word to normies is probably the best weapon at our disposal. In the best case scenario where Vic cleans house, its a double-win because that court precedence will help many MANY men in the future to stay safe from lying old THOTs.
Honestly, that kind of just says it all. God that's really disturbing. That guy should probably change their attitude about women if this is how they characterise a person being outed for being a bit of a sexual predator.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Given the new developments regarding the notarization fraud, I'm now half-convinced we're living in a slapstick cartoon. How is Beard this fucking stupid?

Oh, and Vic's been subpoenaed.
It's funny because I've occasionally seen Vic stans pull the "argh it's never been about Vic it's about straight white Christian men!" card, yet anyone who applied an ounce of critical thinking/analysis towards their movement -- not the least in how they tossed in their lot with alt-right-associated outrage peddlers -- could instantly recognize what this entire shitstorm has with every other high-profile case of sexual assault: silencing women. Just go look at those who admit they've never heard of Vic before this whole scandal.
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pmI'm assuming the full confirmation you're waiting for is a statement from Nadolny herself of some sort, but for whatever it's worth, Monica has also stated that Stephanie's twitter got hacked.
Between this and the aforementioned text log, that's good enough for me.

Edit: Oh wait, she's also saying not even the aforementioned DM was confirmed? Eek. Still, I trust Rial's word.
Last edited by Mr.Saturn99 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:13 pm

So, Nadolny’s account really was hacked? That would explain the complete 180 she seemed to have taken regarding this whole situation, considering that she liked several KickVic tweets at the start of the year. Still, if her account was hacked, I wish we could hear it from her personally, but I guess it’s possible that she doesn’t want people to harass her about her arrest records.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 pm

The fact that Beard is stupid enough to forge his own client's signature on something is just...wow. I mean...there's stupid, which we already knew he was, but this is like a whole other level. Just...HOW?! :lol:

Oh I legitimately cannot wait to hear how Rekieta's gonna spin this one.
WittyUsername wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:13 pm So, Nadolny’s account really was hacked? That would explain the complete 180 she seemed to have taken regarding this whole situation, considering that she liked several KickVic tweets at the start of the year. Still, if her account was hacked, I wish we could hear it from her personally, but I guess it’s possible that she doesn’t want people to harass her about her arrest records.
I think she's also just not really much for Twitter. If you look through her tweets, there's extraordinarily few of them, separated by years at a time, and a good few of them are along the lines of 'Okay, gonna give this Twitter thing a(nother) shot!'. I believe she's more active from time to time on her Facebook, or was in the past anyway, so it could be that's just an easier system for her to use.
Last edited by Gyt Kaliba on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:15 pm

Honestly still feel an air of confusion about the Nadolny situation, but at least some aspects have cleared up.
Witty Username wrote:Still, if her account was hacked, I wish we could hear it from her personally, but I guess it’s possible that she doesn’t want people to harass her about her arrest records.
Same. I just wish she would make a public statement and clear the air.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:21 pm

Maaaaan this freaking lawyer's lost it! Wow! Oh, and enjoy that subpoena, Dicknogna!