Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:11 am

VAs do that shit on every anime. Doing bloopers and swearing in them. If that was the case, many companies should've lost a lot of licenses for a lot of anime a long time ago. It's like these Dicknogna stans are trying to take everyone down with them knowing that their 'King' has lost and is known as a real predator!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:44 am

On the subject of these FUNi action leaks, I’m now seeing people on Twitter claiming that Mignogna was fired for a “dad joke” and not allegations of sexual misconduct. What are these people talking about?

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:47 am

LostTimeLord wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:03 am "Funimation are hypocrites"
Imagine being so detached from reality or human interaction that you'd equate unreleased outtakes with physical sexual harassment of co-workers.
They're not equating it.

They're claiming that this is actually worse than Vic' behaviour. No, really.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:49 am

This is beginning to remind me of the James Gunn situation from last year.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:52 am

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:44 am On the subject of these FUNi action leaks, I’m now seeing people on Twitter claiming that Mignogna was fired for a “dad joke” and not allegations of sexual misconduct. What are these people talking about?
It's because they're all latching on to the idea of him being fired for "nothing more" than the "jelly bean joke". Which, you know, conveniently ignores exactly WHY the jelly bean joke is bad.

If there were no history here, and it was just Vic going 'lolz this jelly bean has Monica's name on it, guess I'm eating Monica Rial', then that'd be one thing. The joke on it's own is nothing. But when he says it, to a woman he's tried to assault before, it takes on an entirely new and holy crap bad connotation just by being uttered. It then brings in a level of innuendo that would otherwise probably not exist with the joke.

And in-so-far as the leaked FUNi audio goes, I again reiterate the real problem here is how in the hell it got released in the first place. Either FUNimation or Sabat or someone got hacked, and if that sort of action is considered okay by Vic's supporters, than that says all that needs to be said right there.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:59 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:52 am
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:44 am On the subject of these FUNi action leaks, I’m now seeing people on Twitter claiming that Mignogna was fired for a “dad joke” and not allegations of sexual misconduct. What are these people talking about?
It's because they're all latching on to the idea of him being fired for "nothing more" than the "jelly bean joke". Which, you know, conveniently ignores exactly WHY the jelly bean joke is bad.

If there were no history here, and it was just Vic going 'lolz this jelly bean has Monica's name on it, guess I'm eating Monica Rial', then that'd be one thing. The joke on it's own is nothing. But when he says it, to a woman he's tried to assault before, it takes on an entirely new and holy crap bad connotation just by being uttered. It then brings in a level of innuendo that would otherwise probably not exist with the joke.

And in-so-far as the leaked FUNi audio goes, I again reiterate the real problem here is how in the hell it got released in the first place. Either FUNimation or Sabat or someone got hacked, and if that sort of action is considered okay by Vic's supporters, than that says all that needs to be said right there.
It’s pretty disturbing how these people are apparently willing to try and sink an entire company and countless jobs just because one person was fired. That is borderline psychopathic. If this is the kind of shit that Vic Mignogna is alright with, then I’m starting to regret ever having felt sorry for him.

I take back what I said earlier. This is much worse than the people who tried to get James Gunn fired. At least in that case, people were looking through a bunch of tweets that were publicly available to view. The people in the FUNimation case flat out committed a crime just to spite the company for daring to fire someone.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:05 am

WittyUsername wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:59 am It’s pretty disturbing how these people are apparently willing to try and sink an entire company and countless jobs just because one person was fired. That is borderline psychopathic. If this is the kind of shit that Vic Mignogna is alright with, then I’m starting to regret ever having felt sorry for him.
Agreed. Monica, Jamie, and others in the industry coming out about all of this was the first turning point for me, at which time I started to believe all of the statements about Vic. Even then though, I held out some hope that maybe, just maybe, there was hope for him and that he'd learn from this. Bad people don't always have to remain as such, obviously.

But then Rekieta happened, and as soon as we had pictures of him, Vic, and Vic's lawyer palling it up at a con, and Vic started to spin more narratives about how he's being wronged, immediately after and in spite of his prior statement about "taking time away to reflect/better" himself? At that point, I gave up all hope. He's beyond proven himself to be a massive egotist who couldn't give two craps about what his fans are doing or saying in his name, especially since ever since then he's not made a single statement asking people to calm down. It's incredibly clear he endorses it at this point.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:05 am
WittyUsername wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:59 am It’s pretty disturbing how these people are apparently willing to try and sink an entire company and countless jobs just because one person was fired. That is borderline psychopathic. If this is the kind of shit that Vic Mignogna is alright with, then I’m starting to regret ever having felt sorry for him.
Agreed. Monica, Jamie, and others in the industry coming out about all of this was the first turning point for me, at which time I started to believe all of the statements about Vic. Even then though, I held out some hope that maybe, just maybe, there was hope for him and that he'd learn from this. Bad people don't always have to remain as such, obviously.

But then Rekieta happened, and as soon as we had pictures of him, Vic, and Vic's lawyer palling it up at a con, and Vic started to spin more narratives about how he's being wronged, immediately after and in spite of his prior statement about "taking time away to reflect/better" himself? At that point, I gave up all hope. He's beyond proven himself to be a massive egotist who couldn't give two craps about what his fans are doing or saying in his name, especially since ever since then he's not made a single statement asking people to calm down. It's incredibly clear he endorses it at this point.
Speaking of Rekieta, he apparently may have had a hand in this stuff getting leaked https://mobile.twitter.com/NickRekieta/ ... 8124662784.

Isn’t that essentially him being complicit in a crime? How the hell is this shit allowed to slide?

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 am

The fact that this BS is trending on the top 10 on Twitter beyond me. People are thinking that Vic got fired over a joke when it's actually something different. WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY during the past 6-7 months?
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:51 am

Having now gone through the audio in question, the only one of any note is Sean Schemmel saying "fag" repeatedly. Putting aside that, once again, this has nothing to do with the case, this is otherwise common horseplay in the recording booth. Rekieta and co. are leaking this shit now for a reason.
EXBadguy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 am The fact that this BS is trending on the top 10 on Twitter beyond me. People are thinking that Vic got fired over a joke when it's actually something different. WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY during the past 6-7 months?
They're gaslighting the narrative -- anyone who's followed this fiasco knows this shit started over sexual harassment.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 am

Vic stans are really getting desperate, aren't they? Using those leaked riffs as proof that Schemmel, Sabat and the other voice actors are "evil bastards". Pathetic. And it's hilarious how they think these riffs will make Toei want to fire the Funimation cast when they don't really give a crap about the English cast. And they want us to take them seriously...
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:10 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:51 am Having now gone through the audio in question, the only one of any note is Sean Schemmel saying "fag" repeatedly. Putting aside that, once again, this has nothing to do with the case, this is otherwise common horseplay in the recording booth. Rekieta and co. are leaking this shit now for a reason.
EXBadguy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:21 am The fact that this BS is trending on the top 10 on Twitter beyond me. People are thinking that Vic got fired over a joke when it's actually something different. WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY during the past 6-7 months?
They're gaslighting the narrative -- anyone who's followed this fiasco knows this shit started over sexual harassment.
Exactly. They're just playing dumb. Even the staunchest Vic youtube defenders such as YellowFlash and Hero Hei know it started with that. They're just fueling the fire at this point!

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:13 am

8000 Saiyan wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 am Vic stans are really getting desperate, aren't they? Using those leaked riffs as proof that Schemmel, Sabat and the other voice actors are "evil bastards". Pathetic. And it's hilarious how they think these riffs will make Toei want to fire the Funimation cast when they don't really give a crap about the English cast. And they want us to take them seriously...
Considering that Toei regularly injects crude and offensive humor into their shows aimed at kids, it would seem just a tad hypocritical for them to cut ties with FUNimation over this, but considering what a weird rollercoaster this whole year has been, nothing would surprise me at this point.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:18 am

Can someone explain why THIS god damn guy inspires such fervor in his fanbase?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:36 am

8000 Saiyan wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 am Vic stans are really getting desperate, aren't they? Using those leaked riffs as proof that Schemmel, Sabat and the other voice actors are "evil bastards". Pathetic. And it's hilarious how they think these riffs will make Toei want to fire the Funimation cast when they don't really give a crap about the English cast. And they want us to take them seriously...
These are the same guys who claimed Toei threatened to take away Funimation's license if they didn't bring back a guy who played one Movie character.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:42 am

ABED wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:18 am Can someone explain why THIS god damn guy inspires such fervor in his fanbase?
He knows how to talk to people even if he's spewing nonsense. Hell, he's basically a bullshit salesman just like Donald Trump.
One World. 🌐 🕊

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:51 am

ABED wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:18 am Can someone explain why THIS god damn guy inspires such fervor in his fanbase?
Broly and Edward Elric.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am

EXBadguy wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:51 am
Broly and Edward Elric.
Broly? They are so passionate because he voiced BROLY?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:01 pm

ABED wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am
Broly and Edward Elric.
Really, they're just hitching their wagon to Vic to go on their usual bullshit about SJWs and whatnot.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:04 pm

ABED wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:55 am
Broly and Edward Elric.
Yeah. Even I loved his voice as Broly, as that plus Funi's version of Broly's debut movie equals nostalgia for me. Pantera's 10s for life! Also I liked his delivery in some of his sentences (FULL sentences mind you). Now all of that is gone. It's a damn shame too cuz if many women weren't speaking out, I'd still be defending him and call out all of these allegations. I'd be like YellowFlash, if you know who he is.