Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:13 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm
Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:40 pm "King", huh? So they're as delusional as Kanye's enablers.

It's amazing how the guiltiest people are always the ones who clamor the most for civility.
Wait, what did Kanye West do?
What didn't he do, is a better question.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:18 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:46 pm Wait, what did Kanye West do?
kanye fans are kinda crazy, i remember whenever he said he was "off his medication" or whatever around less than a year ago, i saw a bunch of people going like "yeah that's good it makes his music better", which is, yeah. now that being said late registration is probably my all time favorite album, but still.... a lot of stuff he does isn't worth defending, besides his albums.

there's also the whole trump stuff of course.
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:18 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 pm Mr. Lasagna got all emotional again in New York with his fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... IFmk8MRmOs

When one of the guys calls him "King", I really wanted to throw up.
Fine. People are too easily offended nowadays. Fair enough...

...So find another job. Find another place where people are ok with your touching. If someone doesn't want you around, don't force them to put up with you.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm

In case anyone didn't want to watch the video, some brave soul took the time to provide a transcript. Putting aside the fact he reduces all the allegations to "hugs," I'll just leave these quotes here:
She said something to the effect of, "Studies, actual studies have shown that children, especially babies and children, need human contact as much as they need air." So here's what I've been contemplating lately. Human contact is being vilified.
And uh, I really think that our culture has changed, and not for the better. I think people need that human contact, like that movie said-- I think it's valuable to us as oxygen.
Giving consent = no touching ever. Truly the impetus behind society's down-spiral turn.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:22 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:44 pm In case anyone didn't want to watch the video, some brave soul took the time to provide a transcript. Putting aside the fact he reduces all the allegations to "hugs," I'll just leave these quotes here:
She said something to the effect of, "Studies, actual studies have shown that children, especially babies and children, need human contact as much as they need air." So here's what I've been contemplating lately. Human contact is being vilified.
And uh, I really think that our culture has changed, and not for the better. I think people need that human contact, like that movie said-- I think it's valuable to us as oxygen.
Giving consent = no touching ever. Truly the impetus behind society's down-spiral turn.
Waterboarding is moral because people need water to survive! - That's basically his argument.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:34 pm

Regardless, he's clearly not actually sorry for any of what he's done. All the more reason his firing was justified.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:52 am

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:34 pm Regardless, he's clearly not actually sorry for any of what he's done. All the more reason his firing was justified.
Exactly. If he'd truly been sorry, if he'd truly recognized that he had a problem and wanted to change, then he would have actually taken time away from everything (as he'd stated he was going to do) and gotten help, and reflected upon how he ended up in this situation. Instead, he's done the exact opposite of that, and through that and his association with Rekieta, he's shown us all that he absolutely could not give less of a shit about how his actions have impacted others, no matter how he tries to pretty it all up with his words.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:08 pm

Why be sorry when you can have an army of nitwits on Twitter and Youtube screaming, "NO PROOOOOOOOOOF"?

The answer is that your ill-advised legal soiree is going to blow up in your face.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 pm

Yeah, uh, you don't get to preach about "love" when you willingly ally yourself with two grifters who regularly peddle vile misogyny and intimidation tactics for your sake.

At least thanks to the legal commentary involved, I learned what a "limited purpose" public figure is.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 pm Let me get this straight, H'huck Cuber is a fundie, Mic Vignogna is a fundie, Fukunaga is a fundie and associates with big-name fundies like Vignogna and Sick Rantorum and they all work together at the company producing for a cartoon that Fukunaga had to beg his Kamen Rider producer uncle to use his connections to let his shitty company based in a non-union state to license and dub with unprofessional actors and librarians.

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.
Don't forget their classic association with Saban, whose religiously-motivated censorship resulted in a permanently damaged product and fandom, but also whose founder and CEO is a democracy-compromising supporter of the continued brutalization of the Palestinian people, which includes children.

Religious fundamentalism on the part of powerful people is not only artistically troubling, but politically as well. Remember to boycott, kids.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 pm At least thanks to the legal commentary involved, I learned what a "limited purpose" public figure is.
I'm going to make an uneducated guess and say it's someone like an anime dub voice actor or a youtuber who have a certain level of fame, but they're not exactly going to be immediately recognized by someone everywhere they go, like A-list celebrities are prone to be?
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Zephyr wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:36 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:23 pm Let me get this straight, H'huck Cuber is a fundie, Mic Vignogna is a fundie, Fukunaga is a fundie and associates with big-name fundies like Vignogna and Sick Rantorum and they all work together at the company producing for a cartoon that Fukunaga had to beg his Kamen Rider producer uncle to use his connections to let his shitty company based in a non-union state to license and dub with unprofessional actors and librarians.

Woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.
Don't forget their classic association with Saban, whose religiously-motivated censorship resulted in a permanently damaged product and fandom, but also whose founder and CEO is a democracy-compromising supporter of the continued brutalization of the Palestinian people, which includes children.

Religious fundamentalism on the part of powerful people is not only artistically troubling, but politically as well. Remember to boycott, kids.
Thank you so much for the reminder. Saban's continued support of the genocide of the Palestinian people is horrific and I detest the thought of giving him my money.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:38 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:15 pm At least thanks to the legal commentary involved, I learned what a "limited purpose" public figure is.
I'm going to make an uneducated guess and say it's someone like an anime dub voice actor or a youtuber who have a certain level of fame, but they're not exactly going to be immediately recognized by someone everywhere they go, like A-list celebrities are prone to be?
Sorta -- here's one quote from a legal source I looked up after coming across the term on Twitter:
The second category of public figures is called "limited-purpose" public figures. These are individuals who "have thrust themselves to the forefront of particular controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc., 418 U.S. 323 (U.S. 1974). They are the individuals who deliberately shape debate on particular public issues, especially those who use the media to influence that debate.

This category also includes individuals who have distinguished themselves in a particular field, making them "public figures" regarding only those specific activities. These limited-purpose public figures are not the Kobe Bryants, who are regarded as all-purpose public figures, but rather the journeymen basketball players of the league.
The former bit's what I had in mind, but the second paragraph's more in line with what you're thinking.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm
The second category of public figures is called "limited-purpose" public figures. These are individuals who "have thrust themselves to the forefront of particular controversies in order to influence the resolution of the issues involved." Gertz v. Robert Welch Inc., 418 U.S. 323 (U.S. 1974). They are the individuals who deliberately shape debate on particular public issues, especially those who use the media to influence that debate.

This category also includes individuals who have distinguished themselves in a particular field, making them "public figures" regarding only those specific activities. These limited-purpose public figures are not the Kobe Bryants, who are regarded as all-purpose public figures, but rather the journeymen basketball players of the league.
The former bit's what I had in mind, but the second paragraph's more in line with what you're thinking.
Thanks for the explanation. So, considering how he put himself in the middle of all this, and all of his streams on the matter, wouldn't Rekieta himself be considered a "limited-purpose public figure" in this particular matter too? Or could at least be argued to be one? Just wondering to what extent that sort of classification would apply, or if that's the sort of thing that actual lawyers and judges involved in such matters would have to decide.

Actually, re-reading your original post, it may have been him you were more referring to anyway rather than Vic himself, my bad if so.
Twitter

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Thanks for the explanation. So, considering how he put himself in the middle of all this, and all of his streams on the matter, wouldn't Rekieta himself be considered a "limited-purpose public figure" in this particular matter too? Or could at least be argued to be one? Just wondering to what extent that sort of classification would apply, or if that's the sort of thing that actual lawyers and judges involved in such matters would have to decide.

Actually, re-reading your original post, it may have been him you were more referring to anyway rather than Vic himself, my bad if so.
Nah, it was Vic (look back at how he's still commenting on the case...in public...), but that's actually a good question -- maybe I'll ask Greg.

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:32 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:18 pm
8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 pm Mr. Lasagna got all emotional again in New York with his fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... IFmk8MRmOs

When one of the guys calls him "King", I really wanted to throw up.
Fine. People are too easily offended nowadays. Fair enough...

...So find another job. Find another place where people are ok with your touching. If someone doesn't want you around, don't force them to put up with you.
I say he should audition for a male strip club. Hire a dance trainer then he should be good! :lol:
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:31 pm

So uh, word on the block is Beard's going to challenge the TCPA's constitutionality. (Source apparently being one of the new livestreams.)

For a preview of how that may turn out, here's his recent, um, "definition" on defamation.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:11 am

This Johnnie Cochran motherfucker.

Yeah, good luck with that.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:10 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:31 pmFor a preview of how that may turn out, here's his recent, um, "definition" on defamation.
Man, someone needs to tell Charles Manson about this!

Yeah, everything they convicted him of was true, but boy did they make him look bad 😥 !

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:37 pm

"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.