Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Saiga » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:21 am

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:34 pm This is cute.

So his defence of Beard is that Beard is an idiot?

...yeah, that's probably the best thing he could try at this point.

Seriously, I want to see some consequences for Beard calling for doxxing. He clearly isn't looking for information he could retrieve himself, especially not from people who aren't in his profession.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:01 am

Oh my god. L'il Nicky and Beardo are gonna be national laughingstocks in their field by the time this is over. It's amazing anyone could think being a vicious Twitter troll while trying to present as a "respectable professional" wasn't gonna come back to bite them sooner or later. One reputable lawyer glances their way and the entire house of cards starts collapsing on them. :lol:

Watching the VicStans lose their minds after getting actual knowledge tossed at them is giving me life.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:22 pm

Bryesque wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:01 am Oh my god. L'il Nicky and Beardo are gonna be national laughingstocks in their field by the time this is over. It's amazing anyone could think being a vicious Twitter troll while trying to present as a "respectable professional" wasn't gonna come back to bite them sooner or later. One reputable lawyer glances their way and the entire house of cards starts collapsing on them. :lol:

Watching the VicStans lose their minds after getting actual knowledge tossed at them is giving me life.
But I don't think it's all that surprising. If the rise of the alt-right is any indication, any pseudo-intellectual fuckwad can present themselves as "professionals" provided that they're willing center any argument as one against the SJWs and libs. It's a short-sighted claim because, of course, that flame is going to burn out. But while it burns, you get fame, attention, and quite possibly money from an audience that lives for this shit, who'll follow anything as long as it "owns the libs/sjws/feminazis."

It's exactly what happened to Ben Shaprio when he ventured out of his safe place and found himself on BBC, and got completely owned. These idiots can only exist among other idiots because anyone with a semblence of common sense will know they are full of shit. Unfortunately, there's a lot of fucking morons in the world--perfect for grifters.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Vic stans' latest attack on Greg? That he was once homeless.

I freaking can't with these goons.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:06 pm

My god how many times have we argued the same thing on here

https://twitter.com/karhifer/status/113 ... 52385?s=21

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Wearing black face for building yourself up from the lowest stage of poverty to become successful gee I dunno what's the more damning past guys.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:19 pm

In case everyone wasn't creeped out enough by him already, just watch this video Terez posted on Twitter. Here we have footage of him years ago trying to push the narrative of, "if anyone says I touched them inappropriately, they're probably lying for attention!" Like, seriously, who the hell would feel the need to say stuff like this unless they were worried about some bad shit coming to light? The "there's no proof" line actually paints a pretty clear picture of how he tried to be careful to not get caught, such as the cases with voice actresses he cornered in secluded places like hotel rooms before trying to kiss/coerce them; there were no witnesses, and he was a bigger name than them, so who were people going to believe? If they come forward, they get accused of just wanting to capitalize on Vic's fame. And there's an unfortunate number of his fans who still believe that, because that's what he told them. When in reality the only additional attention victims are getting is from people trying to dox and harass them. It's so fucked up.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

Jamie McGonnigal, an American VA, claimed on Twitter he was by doxed by Vic fans:
“I've been doxed by Vic Mignogna's fans. The doxing includes some of the most hateful homophobic and racist comments I've ever seen about me, my husband and our son. All this, because I decided to speak out about a serial sexual predator and people he's hurt. #theinternetistrash”
While his Twitter's since been made private, a Google search of the quote proves it was on his account.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 am

So we stopped talking about the legal cases as they are presented and have gone back to outdated unsourced rumors, speculation, and Twitter?

How dull...

Seriously some of you guys just as bad (just like broken records) as the Vic fanboys you hate.

I'll just wait and see what happens in court.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 am

excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 am So we stopped talking about the legal cases as they are presented and have gone back to outdated unsourced rumors, speculation, and Twitter?

How dull...

Seriously some of you guys just as bad (just like broken records) as the Vic fanboys you hate.

They don't have to talk about it ALL the time, jeez...

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:54 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:46 am
excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:50 am So we stopped talking about the legal cases as they are presented and have gone back to outdated unsourced rumors, speculation, and Twitter?

How dull...

They don't have to talk about it ALL the time, jeez...
Never said they had to.

I said "I" would wait...

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am

sailorspazz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pmI especially can't get over this part right here:Image
Seriously, what kind of lawyer would say stuff like this?
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am

WHAT HAPPENS IN COURT IS ALL THAT MATTERS

GUYS LOOK HOW LOGICALLY RIGOROUS AND UNBIASED I AM
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:26 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:10 am
sailorspazz wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pmI especially can't get over this part right here:Image
Seriously, what kind of lawyer would say stuff like this?
Just as bad as other lawyer using a website called "pretty ugly little liars" as evidence.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am WHAT HAPPENS IN COURT IS ALL THAT MATTERS

All these Vic apologists are the same. I am completely unbiased and it’s innocent until proven guilty but I am just going to keep talking about it and tell you how wrong your side is.

Meanwhile Nick R. And Vic’s lawyer decided to go on some comic gate/anti SJW panel at Anime Matsuri. What a joke.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:42 pm
Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:11 am WHAT HAPPENS IN COURT IS ALL THAT MATTERS

All these Vic apologists are the same. I am completely unbiased and it’s innocent until proven guilty but I am just going to keep talking about it and tell you how wrong your side is.

Meanwhile Nick R. And Vic’s lawyer decided to go on some comic gate/anti SJW panel at Anime Matsuri. What a joke.
Oh look it's cursed lemon, surprise surprise, putting words in people's mouths again and trying to pick a fight. I does seem to be the only thing they're capable of. Even though they know I have them on my ignore list so I don't have to see thier nonsense.

Kinokima could you please not lump me in with the apologists please. I am not a Vic fanboy. I just don't give weight to internet gossip and rather have facts and creditable sources. Pretty ugly little liars is not one, nor is a "vic horror stories" tumblr when the blog's creator outright deleted everything saying the majority of it's content was made up

While many may not like it, the court cases are where we will get solid facts.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Vic is the one suing Monica, Jamie, Ron and Funimation. He is going to have to prove statements they made against him were false and they did so KNOWING they were false with total disregard for the truth. Good Luck with that. This case is a total farce

But you know here is Ty (Vic’s lawyer) signing autographs at an anime con like he is some celebrity

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/11 ... 70048?s=21

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:30 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:33 pm Vic is the one suing Monica, Jamie, Ron and Funimation.
He knows this. He's just a shit-stirring idiot.

Nevermind the fact that this entire situation arose out of "internet gossip". Like every Vic Stan, he thinks that evidence of sexual misconduct - read: 8K uncompressed video footage of Vic raping a coworker under studio lighting while narrating the entire thing like Mr. fucking Rogers, which might convince them unless said coworker was showing even the slightest hint of ankle or took the smallest sip of Bud Light - is going to surface during this defamation suit, which everyone already knows is not going to happen. The internet gossip is the testimonies of various women against Vic, so we land right back where we started for the hundredth time; if you dismiss multiple accusers of the same individual, you're just a biased asshole.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:46 pm

While many may not like it, the court cases are where we will get solid facts.
But it's not what determines the truth. The truth can be hard to prove. My dad and his company are being sued by the previous owner. The previous owner is a piece of garbage. He's a liar. We still haven't gone to trial, we're still in the deposition stage and yet he's been caught in a lie. However, it will be hard to convict him for perjury (so I've been told). That doesn't mean he didn't knowingly lie under oath. We know he lied because that's the kind of person he is.

Point is, don't assume this case will determine the truth.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:51 pm

excelhedge wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:23 pmKinokima could you please not lump me in with the apologists please.
Don't be disingenuous. You may not be a "fanboy", but you've retweeted his public apology in February, retweeted other posts attempting to "call KickVic out", show a clear anti-SJW slant, and your first response to other sexual assault cases (like the one with Jim Cummings) can basically be summed up with "Pics, or it didn't happen".

You're not unbiased. You're not neutral. You picked which horse you were backing all the way in Februrary, and decided that KickVic was the bad guy in this conflict.

So own it; don't deny it.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".