Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:23 pm as someone related to a lawyer who is also a very bad person, they all look like basement dwelling youtubers.
I'm beginning to be reminded of the great film American Psycho, where everyone was a hilarious parody of upper-class cis white people. I can't imagine those kinds of lawyers are too far from the Wall Street Bankers you see in that film.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:07 am

Thought I should post this:

https://twitter.com/ljmontello/status/1 ... 2680881153

Mr. Botox Face sure has some nerve calling his victims sick and troubled.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:30 pm

8000 Saiyan wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:07 am Thought I should post this:

https://twitter.com/ljmontello/status/1 ... 2680881153

Mr. Botox Face sure has some nerve calling his victims sick and troubled.
Dick Lasagna is the personification of excrement. More shocking news at 11...

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:42 pm

That’s absolutely a coded call to attack. He doesn’t care about the people he’s hurt and continues to hurt. White male Christian conservatives only care about their own self interests and always will.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:05 pm

Notice how Vic only talks about his supporters being harassed. What a load of nonsense

You can tell he is a narcissist. He feels no remorse for the people he hurts and has turned this whole thing to make him and his supporters the victims. What an ego.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Wow Vic. Just continue your path from someone who seemed remorseful to the piece of shit you really are. This guy had a chance to salvage himself and decided to do everything in his power to self destruct.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:51 pm

What a grifter. Fuck him to hell.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:19 pm

It's worth mentioning he's been broadcasting his gaslighting on Unlocked -- a Streaming service founded by Bryce Papenbrook and David Vincent (fellow VAs, for those not in the know) for the purposes of "going behind the scenes" with anime VAs and the like. Sadly, they've ignored any and all complaints regarding Vic's garbage.

Most recently, he's been doing the whole "they were just waiting to stab me in the back!" routine; in case you can't stomach the full video ANN provided, LJ Montello gets into the most egregious portions here.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Someone should collect all of the evidence of what he's doing so it can be useful later.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:34 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:19 pm It's worth mentioning he's been broadcasting his gaslighting on Unlocked -- a Streaming service founded by Bryce Papenbrook and David Vincent (fellow VAs, for those not in the know) for the purposes of "going behind the scenes" with anime VAs and the like. Sadly, they've ignored any and all complaints regarding Vic's garbage.

Most recently, he's been doing the whole "they were just waiting to stab me in the back!" routine; in case you can't stomach the full video ANN provided, LJ Montello gets into the most egregious portions here.
Mic Vignogna has nothing better to do than complain about the people taking back their power. Probably because the only power he ever had was the power he stole from others. Scumbag.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:40 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:23 pm Someone should collect all of the evidence of what he's doing so it can be useful later.
Careful. Amateur "investigative journalism" and other such things like this can be dangerous.

Lawyers, real journalists, etc. are on it, I'm sure.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:02 am

Nice to see Vic starting to show emotion instead of faking like he's fine with everything.

This is the price you pay Vic be thankful you got off this easy.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 am

Vic Mignogna is a scumbag. I've seen him inappropriately touch underaged cosplayers at Youmacon in person at photo ops. When it came time for me, a guy, to take a photo with him. He wouldn't even put his hand on my shoulder. Funny how he stops being handsy around his male fans.

Saw him one other time by the bar in the Detroit Renaissance Center. Watched a 16 year old Homestruck cosplayer get off the elevator, scream his name by the elevator, him run up to her, hug her, and lift her up. This was back when GLOMPING when popular.
Last edited by Peach on Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 am

Peach wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 am Vic Mignogna is a scumbag. I've seen him inappropriately touch underaged cosplayers at Youmacon in person at photo ops. When it came time for me, a guy, to take a photo with him. He wouldn't even put his hand on my shoulder. Funny how he stops being handsy around his male fans.

Saw him one other time by the bar in the Detroit Renaissance Center. Watched a 16 year old Homestruck cosplayer get off the elevator, scream his name by the elevator too, him run up to her, hug her, and lift her up. This was back when GLOMPING when popular.
Yeah. Years ago my sister said that she had a friend that Vic flirted with.

I know that most people who are mad at FUNimation are mad because they support Vic, but honestly I'm mad that they took so long to do it. It's clear they only did it because their hand was finally forced. Even when he was harassing people doing work for FUNimation, they did nothing until they realized it would be bad PR not to cut ties with him.

And no, I'm not "blaming he victims", I'm clearly referring to whatever higher-ups who were responsible for casting him to begin with.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:57 am

Metalwario64 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 am
Peach wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 am Vic Mignogna is a scumbag. I've seen him inappropriately touch underaged cosplayers at Youmacon in person at photo ops. When it came time for me, a guy, to take a photo with him. He wouldn't even put his hand on my shoulder. Funny how he stops being handsy around his male fans.

Saw him one other time by the bar in the Detroit Renaissance Center. Watched a 16 year old Homestruck cosplayer get off the elevator, scream his name by the elevator too, him run up to her, hug her, and lift her up. This was back when GLOMPING when popular.

I know that most people who are mad at FUNimation are mad because they support Vic, but honestly I'm mad that they took so long to do it. It's clear they only did it because their hand was finally forced. Even when he was harassing people doing work for FUNimation, they did nothing until they realized it would be bad PR not to cut ties with him.

And no, I'm not "blaming he victims", I'm clearly referring to whatever higher-ups who were responsible for casting him to begin with.
Yeah. I was really confused that they brought him black to play the rebooted Broly. In the early-mid 2000's, they might not have known. But since 2006, he's had a reputation for being handsy and fraternizing with fans.

Was your sister's friend at least an adult? Because this girl i saw Vic hug and twirl in the air looked 14-16. I was so young at the photobooth too that i didn't know that kissing girls and holding your hand on their tummy during photos was inappropriate. I remember having my feelings hurt when he went from acting so playful with the girls in front of me, to really stand offish and professional when we took our picture.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:29 am

Metalwario64 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 am

It’s not “victim blaming” to point out that Funimation shouldn’t get a gold Star for doing the right thing a whole decade or so too late. Fuck them too. At least Rooster Teeth fired him the second this story broke. Funi actually waited awhile.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:57 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:06 amSaw him one other time by the bar in the Detroit Renaissance Center. Watched a 16 year old Homestruck cosplayer get off the elevator, scream his name by the elevator, him run up to her, hug her, and lift her up. This was back when GLOMPING when popular.
Uh NGL I think I saw literally the exact same thing as you. :shock:
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:25 pm

It baffles me that there’s so many people who legitimately believe an entire company decided to just make up lies and apparently ruin someone’s life for no reason.Vic stans are something else.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:50 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:25 pm It baffles me that there’s so many people who legitimately believe an entire company decided to just make up lies and apparently ruin someone’s life for no reason.Vic stans are something else.
One thing that’s particularly amusing to me is how quickly they turned against Monica Rial. Even going so far as to demand she be replaced with Bulma’s previous voice actress Tiffany Vollmer. This despite the fact that, just a few months or so prior to this whole thing blowing up, they were SINGING her praises due to a tweet she made in response to a feminist post that implied DB was anti woman and toxic. She replied that the series has plenty of strong women and that she should know, she voices one of them.

Of course this makes me believe they absolutely were praising her defense of Dragon Ball in bad faith. They just like that she put an “uppity feminist in her place.”
Last edited by XanatosVanBadass on Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:53 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:25 pm It baffles me that there’s so many people who legitimately believe an entire company decided to just make up lies and apparently ruin someone’s life for no reason.Vic stans are something else.
Well so far they have

1. Decided testimonies from multiple women isn’t evidence but Chuck Huber saying he heard Sabat fired Nadolny and Vollmer for not welcoming his advances is believable evidence.

2. Seem to sincerely believe actors making some off-color newsground tier outtakes on their downtime is the same as Mignogna’s inappropriate comments directed at female co-workers/con goers