Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:51 am Sorry didn’t see it. Just from what I’ve seen of him, he just seems like an okay guy. He’s also really popular with women so I wouldn’t doubt that there have been some stuff like that with him. Not the accusation type of stuff. Also he genuinely just seems like he cares about his fans and doesn’t want them to feel uncomfortable.and he’s never badmouthed anyone before. Unlike certain vas. Also everybody just looks like they have fun when they’re with Vic. Even the other vas.
Actually, that's the reason why a lot of folks on #IStandWithVic like him. So let me ask you this; have you ever met Monica Rial in person?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:00 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:58 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:51 am Sorry didn’t see it. Just from what I’ve seen of him, he just seems like an okay guy. He’s also really popular with women so I wouldn’t doubt that there have been some stuff like that with him. Not the accusation type of stuff. Also he genuinely just seems like he cares about his fans and doesn’t want them to feel uncomfortable.and he’s never badmouthed anyone before. Unlike certain vas. Also everybody just looks like they have fun when they’re with Vic. Even the other vas.
Actually, that's the reason why a lot of folks on #IStandWithVic like him. So let me ask you this; have you ever met Monica Rial in person?
I’ve never been to a convention in my entire life.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:03 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:00 am I’ve never been to a convention in my entire life.
Alright. Well, you've seen how Vic Mignogna acts in real life, and that's part of the reason why you like him so much, right?

Well, since you're interested in being fair... I think it might be cool if you do the same for Monica Rial? I mean, we've already established that she DOESN'T kick folks out just for dressing up as Mignogna's characters so... Maybe head to her convention, or watch some panels with her?
Just so you can say you saw how both of them conduct themselves in real life?

Otherwise, you only have one person's voice, appearance, and mannerisms in your head. And that inherently leads to bias. Would you agree?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:03 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:00 am I’ve never been to a convention in my entire life.
Alright. Well, you've seen how Vic Mignogna acts in real life, and that's part of the reason why you like him so much, right?

Well, since you're interested in being fair... I think it might be cool if you do the same for Monica Rial? I mean, we've already established that she DOESN'T kick folks out just for dressing up as Mignogna's characters so... Maybe head to her convention, or watch some panels with her?
ust so you can say you saw how both of them conduct themselves in real life?

Otherwise, you only have one person's voice, appearance, and mannerisms in your head. And that inherently leads to bias. Would you agree?
Unfortunately I don’t live near many places that have conventions. As i live in sterling.Virginia. We don’t really have much happen here like that.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:08 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 am Unfortunately I don’t live near many places that have conventions. As i live in sterling.Virginia. We don’t really have much happen here like that.
Hmm... Well how were you exposed to Vic, then? Able to form your impressions that he seems like a chill guy?

Son Dragon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Dragon » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:18 am

kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm
Mooreish wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 pm
kemuri07 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm I feel like at this point people should just ignore Mooreish. It's clear despite his, "wait for the evidence stance," that he's very firmly on pro-vic. Doesn't seem to want at all to listen to what anyone says on this forum, and seems to be mistaken that a twitter link is gonna be the thing that proves all of us wrong, man. Vic is totally innocent.
I only hear insults. You all talk down about istandwithvic people. Never saying why. Now if people were like theblackpaladin about there stuff and offered reasoning. Maybe I’d be eager to hear you out. And I never said I was fully neutral. I said I’d listen to both sides. But as it stands, I’ve heard better reasoning from iswv.
You only hear insults because you actively argue in bad faith. You post bullshit conspiracy theory nonsense despite the fact you claim to be neutral, and then get upset and whine how people are being mean to you and that maybe if we were nicer maybe, just maybe you’ll quit acting like a tool.

You’re not interested in hearing both sides. And the fact that you think you’re being clever, when everyone in this thread can see through you is fucking insulting.
No. Mooreish's right to be angry that was sleight aimed his way. If someone want's to disprove whatevers in that link its probably pretty easy such as saying the con manager despite being friends with the va's was not apart of the investigation that cost the actor his job. And that while the manager might have a bias against the man he did not use that bias to attack any of the actors future employments elsewhere other than what he had control over. And while the manager may have an inappropiate relationship of his own, it does not connect to behavior of the associates he is in touch with. Therefore the two pieces are unrelated. Further more being wrong about the actors actual lawyers choosing to serve papers doesn't exactly mean that the case is solid. Yes maybe they think something is going on, but its going to be their position to show that to someone. And so on. However that doesn't make Mooreish a tool for believing it. If everyone is poking each other with sticks of course someone might eventually feel on edge.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:08 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 am Unfortunately I don’t live near many places that have conventions. As i live in sterling.Virginia. We don’t really have much happen here like that.
Hmm... Well how were you exposed to Vic, then? Able to form your impressions that he seems like a chill guy?
Videos on YouTube from his panels and other videos like the one where he had the war of words with the religious psychos.

https://youtu.be/LVt81yaqv4s

Also when he’s talking about his age. He just seems authentic from it.

https://youtu.be/WLbKCWdAY64

Also he just seems like a nice guy because who would do this for anyone?

https://youtu.be/tTlTSbkCsMM

If anything he was the one that was sexually harassed.

https://youtu.be/l6gngbvC14U

Twice.

Also, he handles himself quite well when overworked.

https://youtu.be/3XPelhkZ4Ao

Shame some person tried to edit this into something it wasn’t.

https://youtu.be/dOD29Ig3-kA

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:30 am

What happened with ''terrorism'' a couple of pages back is more and more confirmation of my idea that the world and especially the internet are growing more and more bizarre as time goes on. 2019 is gonna be bonkers. Sorry Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:33 am

You mean where one person said "9/11 was a good thing", everyone told him he was crazy, and he got banned? That seems like a pretty reasonable reaction to a stupid statement.

Also gotta love that long post to basically say that vic stans are indeed entirely motivated by emotion rather than facts.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am

Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.
No, I was here before all this. I was mostly on the dragon ball super dub thread. This is just the thread that interests me right now is all. I was temporarily banned because I called universe 11 the galactic gangsters in reference to marlon Webb’s meme because at the time the members of the universe 11 team had been revealed to be voiced by black voice actors and I thought it was a funny coincidence so I was banned for some months for that because people thought I was being racist and not that I was only trying to make a joke.because that’s all I was doing. After hearing about all the stuff that the other vas have said and done to Vic. I don’t really fell like talking about them nowadays.or any funi people nowadays. I still watch super on toonami. But thats it, when this is all over with or they have an actually funny line on the show or something stands out on it, I might say something on there. But for now, I’m more interested in this thread right now.

Now watch as all of you swarm down on me like a swarm of hornets and call me an evil vile racist.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:57 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 am
Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:08 am
Videos on YouTube from his panels and other videos like the one where he had the war of words with the religious psychos.

https://youtu.be/LVt81yaqv4s

Also when he’s talking about his age. He just seems authentic from it.

https://youtu.be/WLbKCWdAY64

Also he just seems like a nice guy because who would do this for anyone?

https://youtu.be/tTlTSbkCsMM

If anything he was the one that was sexually harassed.

https://youtu.be/l6gngbvC14U

Twice.

Also, he handles himself quite well when overworked.

https://youtu.be/3XPelhkZ4Ao

Shame some person tried to edit this into something it wasn’t.

https://youtu.be/dOD29Ig3-kA
haha are you serious dude?

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 am Despite despising Vic for what he did, I did like that Mooreish gave a more human and likeable plea for his side...Until I saw his posts and they are almost ALL from this thread! Something you arent sharing with us Mooreish? I think its pretty suspicious that you seem to be here only for this thread.

Now watch as all of you swarm down on me like a swarm of hornets and call me an evil vile racist.
Well...you said it not me.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 am

kemuri07 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 am

And there it is.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:01 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 am Videos on YouTube from his panels and other videos like the one where he had the war of words with the religious psychos.
Alright... So what about Monica Rial? Renfamous? MarzGurl? Or any of the other folks you aren't so keen towards? How many of their videos have you watched?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:03 am

No, I was here before all this. I was mostly on the dragon ball super dub thread. This is just the thread that interests me right now is all. I was temporarily banned because I called universe 11 the galactic gangsters in reference to marlon Webb’s meme because at the time the members of the universe 11 team had been revealed to be voiced by black voice actors and I thought it was a funny coincidence so I was banned for some months for that because people thought I was being racist and not that I was only trying to make a joke.because that’s all I was doing. After hearing about all the stuff that the other vas have said and done to Vic. I don’t really fell like talking about them nowadays.or any funi people nowadays. I still watch super on toonami. But thats it, when this is all over with or they have an actually funny line on the show or something stands out on it, I might say something on there. But for now, I’m more interested in this thread right now.

Now contrary to expectations I will not call you an evil vile racist or any of that. I was just curious.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:03 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:01 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:27 am Videos on YouTube from his panels and other videos like the one where he had the war of words with the religious psychos.
Alright... So what about Monica Rial? Renfamous? MarzGurl? Or any of the other folks you aren't so keen towards? How many of their videos have you watched?
I never looked for Monica rial videos much when I did look for vas. And I haven’t watched any marzgurl videos in a long time and I only know about renfamous from this situation.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:06 am

Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:03 am I never looked for Monica rial videos much when I did look for vas. And I haven’t watched any marzgurl videos in a long time and I only know about renfamous from this situation.
Well... Might it be worth checking those out, then? After all, it's signficantly easier to think badly of someone you've never even seen, rather than someone you HAVE seen. It's part of how racism, classism, and all the other "isms" have persisted for so long.

kemuri07
Advanced Regular

Post by kemuri07 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 am

Mooreish. I don't think you understand the fact that people tend to have a public and private persona. Meaning that how a person acts in a public setting is not necessarily the way they act all the time. Vic Mignogna is an actor. Vic Mignogna is experienced in working a crowd and dealing with the public. I'm not saying that Mignogna is some evil sociopath who deliberately hides behind a false persona. What I am saying is that even people who are considered "chill and kind" can do some bad stuff. Because we're human. And how we get better is when we're held accountable for our actions.

So pointing to a couple youtube videos is not helping your case at all.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:11 am

Let's not get out the black helicopters and kool-aid for that one. The problem is that that post takes only the perspective of Vic and his side (most notably, Vic in public, the way he wants to be seen), and is entirely based on the idea that he's innocent "because I feel like it". It doesn't take into account where the allegations are coming from, how long they've been going on, the sheer fucking mass of them, who is and isn't supporting them, the statistics and trends of how false accusations happen, what they entail, who makes them, the percent of total allegations they make up, how many sexual assaults go unreported, and why that is. If you educate yourself at all on the background of this stuff, looking past the social media drama and "well this Vic supporter said this so that means it's all wrong", and take just a second to get a more complete picture rather than just being motivated by either "well I like Vic" or "well all men are innocent obviously", you'll see that the answer to this is more than obvious.

Vic being innocent is a conspiracy theory. It's functionally impossible by any measure of human behavior and caters to a fake idea of scheming, evil women that just want to take down the white christian men at all costs!!!1!!!!11!!! I'm not 100% certain as it's hard to find statistics of this, but I'm reasonably certain that would have to be the biggest and longest-standing case of false allegations against a single individual in human history, by a wide margin. It's a fantasy to put people in boxes so they don't have to take what they're being told seriously, or to internally protect someone they idolize for (almost always irrational) reasons. The fact that this guy is literally stating that basically all he's done is submerge himself in pro-Vic stuff and only looked into Vic is pretty outstanding confirmation of this.
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 am
kemuri07 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 am
Mooreish wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 am Now watch as all of you swarm down on me like a swarm of hornets and call me an evil vile racist.
And there it is.
Yeah. Because when you say something racist, people call you racist. The 'jokes' you made, regardless of the obvious and blatant minimization and rationalization you're pulling here, were racist. Similarly, people are calling you apologetic of sexual assault right now, because you are defending someone who sexually assaulted women. Funny how that works, the cause and effect of your actions being linked and all that? weird.

Now am I calling you a racist and sexual assault apologist? No. I don't know you, I can't be certain of that. But things you have said are racist and apologetic of sexual assault. If you don't want to be labeled as those things, stop saying them. And as usual, do your fucking research. You have admitted several times now and seem to actively hold pride in your unwillingness to even look up things that could benefit the other side, choosing only to judge based on the behavior of us detractors rather than what anyone actually believes.
Last edited by Shaddy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.