Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Kinokima wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:06 am Anime Matsuri’s show runner has also been accused of Sexual harassment and apparently they also hired Ty Beard as a lawyer
I heard about the first part but not the second. Oh lordy, lordy.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm

KBABZ wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:07 am
Paulo Gabriel wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am
Fionordequester wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:24 amIf he or his wife were sterile, that would've likely come up before he even thought of having children 7 years down the line.
He has ED. Sorry, you asked for it.
In before the "well that explains everything!" comments.
Exactly.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:34 pm

I’m surprised Beard can still even get hired after the completely idiotic responses he’s made recently

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:46 pm

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:31 am He has ED. Sorry, you asked for it.
...Oh.

Huh... That's really too bad :( .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 pm

Erectile Dysfunction is no fun. You either do without or you work the shaft until you bleed.

Do we actually know if Mic Vignogna has ED or was that just a joke?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SSJGAffleck
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGAffleck » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:42 pm

Super Kami Guru wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:38 pm Does nobody find it strange that Vic has no children? The man is 56 years old and he has no children.
Sean Schemmel also doesn't have kids. Neither does Cynthia Cranz. I don't see what that has to do with his assaults.
"Your father was an average fighter, but a bRiLlIaNt sCiEnTIsT!"- Brian Drummond's pitch-perfect voice

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 am

Really don't know--nor have any desire to know--about how well Vic's dick is functioning...

Also, having kids or not is irrelevant to this case. Whether it's by personal choice or inability makes no difference (take it from a woman in her 30s, married for almost 14 years, with no kids and no desire for any). Though one might expect with his self-professed strong Christian values that he would've been inclined to settle down and make some babies, he also didn't show any remorse for cheating on his partner in his responses to allegations from voice actresses over his conduct (though some he outright denied, others he insisted were consensual encounters, at a time when he was supposed to be in a committed relationship...almost like his values don't line up with his actions!)

Though it's a pretty vague tweet, apparently Vic was preparing to make a big apology, but once proceedings for the lawsuit started he obviously couldn't do that since it would hurt his case. Honestly, this would've all worked out better for him if he'd just done what he said when he first tweeted about getting help and working on himself. Would've caused a lot less animosity. Now he's in with these lolyers who really only care that they're getting paid big bucks, embroiled in a total shit show that will likely tarnish all of their reputations for the foreseeable future.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 am

sailorspazz wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 am Though one might expect with his self-professed strong Christian values that he would've been inclined to settle down and make some babies, he also didn't show any remorse for cheating on his partner in his responses to allegations from voice actresses over his conduct (though some he outright denied, others he insisted were consensual encounters, at a time when he was supposed to be in a committed relationship...almost like his values don't line up with his actions!)
Yeah, that was my only point when I said what I said. Not sure how well I communicated that, but, that's the only reason why I gave his lack of children any thought.
sailorspazz wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 amThough it's a pretty vague tweet, apparently Vic was preparing to make a big apology, but once proceedings for the lawsuit started he obviously couldn't do that since it would hurt his case. Honestly, this would've all worked out better for him if he'd just done what he said when he first tweeted about getting help and working on himself. Would've caused a lot less animosity. Now he's in with these lolyers who really only care that they're getting paid big bucks, embroiled in a total shit show that will likely tarnish all of their reputations for the foreseeable future.
It's never too late to do the right thing... And I say that as someone who... actually... kind of relates to him on one thing.

I'm... also kind of a "weird" person. I'm a high-functioning autistic (used to be called "Asperger's", but they took that out of the DSM). As such, I have an incredibly hard time "reading the room". Despite my kindness, I lack social graces... I've frequently angered a lot of people without ever meaning to. There are even times I've gotten kicked off forums or Discord servers... And in most of those cases, I won't even have any idea what I did wrong.

So in that way, I almost sympathize with Vic being a "different" sort of person... I sometimes wish I could just craft an environment where I indulge in whatever weird behaviors I want. No risk of reprisal, no fear of being judged, no condemnation...

HOWEVER!! That's still MY problem! No one else's! People shouldn't be made to feel bad for how awkward or uncomfortable I'VE made them feel... And I think that's the thing Vic has the hardest time accepting. He wants vindication that he's never going to get... and until he learns to just accept what happened, he'll never really have peace.

Sometimes... You just hurt people. That's it. Even when you do absolutely everything right, you STILL hurt them. One should, therefore, ALWAYS be quick to apologize, ALWAYS be quick to adjust their behavior, and ALWAYS be quick to think of other's opinions as valid... Not just assume that "I'm right, and they're wrong!"
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:49 am

sailorspazz wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:11 am Honestly, this would've all worked out better for him if he'd just done what he said when he first tweeted about getting help and working on himself.
Not to be too snarky, but this would've all worked out better for him if he'd just done what he said about getting help and working on himself when he first told Rial he'd be doing that years ago! That he hasn't sorted himself out despite saying so for me puts him in the no forgiveness bin, and he can't be trusted to have adjusted himself in my opinion.
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 am I'm a high-functioning autistic (used to be called "Asperger's", but they took that out of the DSM).
Hello from a fellow Aspie! : D

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:52 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:10 pm Do we actually know if Mic Vignogna has ED or was that just a joke?
It was a very rude and unnecessary joke on my part. Sorry, I just tried to light up the thread a little bit. :silent:

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 am

Somehow I only just now saw the pic of Vic's lawyer signing autographs at the convention. That's...that's just sad. Like, even if you're fully on the side of Vic, why on Earth would you want an autographed picture of his lawyer?! I mean, I'm not shitting on lawyers in general or anything but...that's...not...exactly an autograph heavy profession usually, right? Honestly, that makes the whole side (or at least the ones that into it) seem all the more cult-ish. Just...wow.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 am Somehow I only just now saw the pic of Vic's lawyer signing autographs at the convention. That's...that's just sad. Like, even if you're fully on the side of Vic, why on Earth would you want an autographed picture of his lawyer?! I mean, I'm not shitting on lawyers in general or anything but...that's...not...exactly an autograph heavy profession usually, right? Honestly, that makes the whole side (or at least the ones that into it) seem all the more cult-ish. Just...wow.
For most people the idea of a celebrity lawyer is an oxymoron. I think the closest to that would be Judge Judy, right?

(also, just noticed this thread hit 200 pages)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:51 am

KBABZ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 am
Gyt Kaliba wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 am Somehow I only just now saw the pic of Vic's lawyer signing autographs at the convention. That's...that's just sad. Like, even if you're fully on the side of Vic, why on Earth would you want an autographed picture of his lawyer?! I mean, I'm not shitting on lawyers in general or anything but...that's...not...exactly an autograph heavy profession usually, right? Honestly, that makes the whole side (or at least the ones that into it) seem all the more cult-ish. Just...wow.
For most people the idea of a celebrity lawyer is an oxymoron. I think the closest to that would be Judge Judy, right?

(also, just noticed this thread hit 200 pages)
There's Johnnie Cochran, but he's famous for all the wrong reasons.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 am

KBABZ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:49 am
Fionordequester wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:57 am I'm a high-functioning autistic (used to be called "Asperger's", but they took that out of the DSM).
Wow, that makes three of us! We should start a club or something.
I'm seriously trying to think of precedence for this and failing. At best, I imagine it'd also involve lawyers of highly-dubious folks.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:40 am

KBABZ wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:48 am For most people the idea of a celebrity lawyer is an oxymoron. I think the closest to that would be Judge Judy, right?
Not a fan of Judy myself, but at least that one I could understand. She has a TV show, which makes her job a form of entertainment in some manner, so I could at least see where people might want her autograph. But this is just...weird.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Asmo

Post by Asmo » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 am
Four of us now :D

Paulo Gabriel
Banned

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 am

Asmo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 am
Five. I probably have Asperger's as well. Actually, one psychiatrist (of several) simply gave up on my case.

There are probably a dozen others on Kanzenshuu.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 am

Paulo Gabriel wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 am
Asmo wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:57 am
Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:15 am Wow, that makes three of us! We should start a club or something.
Five. I probably have Asperger's as well. Actually, one psychiatrist (of several) simply gave up on my case.

There are probably a dozen others on Kanzenshuu.
It makes sense given how fixated and detail-oriented we can be!

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 pm

In the latest chapter of "Nick Rekieta and Ty Beard Don't Know What The Fuck They're Doing," Rekieta got a C&D from Duck Dynasty over infringement regarding his "Fear the Beard" merchandise.

You can't make this shit up.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:54 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 pm In the latest chapter of "Nick Rekieta and Ty Beard Don't Know What The Fuck They're Doing," Rekieta got a C&D from Duck Dynasty over infringement regarding his "Fear the Beard" merchandise.

You can't make this shit up.
And thus marks Duck Dynasty's first-ever mention on a Dragon Ball website and it being ON-TOPIC at the same time!