Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Sun May 05, 2019 11:29 am

Not everything is a debate, and not every "mmm yes good point" has to be listened to, much less tolerated. Spare us, please.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 05, 2019 11:37 am

Ahh, yes, Twitter yelling. All it's ever done is hold rapists accountable by spreading awareness and increasing support for having said rapists and predators removed from our fandom spaces. Truly useless and worthy of thine scorn.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun May 05, 2019 11:44 am

JulieYBM wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:37 am Ahh, yes, Twitter yelling. All it's ever done is hold rapists accountable by spreading awareness and increasing support for having said rapists and predators removed from our fandom spaces. Truly useless and worthy of thine scorn.
Yeah, while the Twitter yelling happened, Vic sued Funimation and Monica Rial, and has some chances of winning above them, and the KickVic Moviment turned into a joke to a large number of people outside here. Good results.

VegettoEX wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:29 am Not everything is a debate, and not every "mmm yes good point" has to be listened to, much less tolerated. Spare us, please.
I say 'good point' when I agree with something, and there is nothing wrong with that. You probably say 'good point' when you agree you something. Everybody does that.

And if a disagree with something, I try to counter-argue it. That is the function of a Forum, or isn't? And, that actually consists on what a debate is.

It seems you comment "spare us, please" just because you disagree with me, even if I'm not disrespecting any rule here, while tolerated some users to be rude and having a worse behavior, just because you probably agree with them.

But, as you being the moderator, it seems things will not be good for me if I continue to try to argument here. The Forum is not a democracy at all and I know that. Good luck, but the reality outside here is still there. Anyway, good bye.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun May 05, 2019 2:06 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:44 amBut, as you being the moderator, it seems things will not be good for me if I continue to try to argument here. The Forum is not a democracy at all and I know that. Good luck, but the reality outside here is still there. Anyway, good bye.
You've repeatedly elaborated on your dissatisfaction with this topic's discourse and threatened to leave only to come back again and again. Where's the consistency?

I want to believe you're against Vic, but given that you're spouting the very same victim-blaming/apologism garbage commonly associated with his supporters, I'm not exactly convinced.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun May 05, 2019 3:39 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:06 pm You've repeatedly elaborated on your dissatisfaction with this topic's discourse and threatened to leave only to come back again and again. Where's the consistency?

I want to believe you're against Vic, but given that you're spouting the very same victim-blaming/apologism garbage commonly associated with his supporters, I'm not exactly convinced.
Well, I want to leave, but people are still quoting me/answering me, so it's uneducated to leave them without response.

And, I didn't blamed the victims as individuals, I blamed the general collective behavior of the movement, witch is a different thing. And the results are not favorable now to the actual victims. You can clearly see that outside internet-bubbles like here if you want, instead of calling everything as said before as "garbage".

Now, excuse me.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun May 05, 2019 3:57 pm

If you're that displeased with this thread, then just go. We're not going to be offended if you stop responding.

That you can't make up your mind here displays your lack of conviction, if nothing else.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun May 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 3:57 pm If you're that displeased with this thread, then just go. We're not going to be offended if you stop responding.

That you can't make up your mind here displays your lack of conviction, if nothing else.
It's not about you, it's about my own consciousness, I want to be educated, because it was how I was raised.
Feel free to do what you want on your own bubble now. Then you will reforce your own conviction. I have mine intact.

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun May 05, 2019 4:44 pm

So you admit to not being serious whenever you adorn your posts with goodbyes...?

What exactly did you expect us to do: not reply to you? Because we won't stop calling out/dismantling what we perceive as faulty arguments, just as you'll do the very same thing despite your threats to leave.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 05, 2019 5:13 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:32 amMy opinion on the matter is that Vic is an overly friendly guy who's overly familiar with people which he has admitted, i've met people like him and it's annoying when they slap or back or get friendly if they don't know you well, what solves that? is speaking up and telling them to quit it.
They tried that.

Multiple times.

For over 20 years.

He didn't listen.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun May 05, 2019 6:20 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:32 amMy opinion on the matter is that Vic is an overly friendly guy who's overly familiar with people which he has admitted, i've met people like him and it's annoying when they slap or back or get friendly if they don't know you well, what solves that? is speaking up and telling them to quit it.
Trust me; Vic got the message on that a long time ago. Not only did he not listen; he straight up mocked them for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXmmhWMn0Lc
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Never apologize for taking back your agency and dragging an abuser into the public. Never apologize for destroying their power over you.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon May 06, 2019 1:45 pm

KamehaCon UK has been cancelled indefinitely, citing "recent events in the fandom."

It doesn't take a genius to recognize they're talking about the Vic drama, but I actually didn't know there was a UK convention. Did they invite Vic?

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon May 06, 2019 2:14 pm

I don't see why they would cancel the con just because of the Vic shit. That makes no sense.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Mon May 06, 2019 4:10 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:14 pm I don't see why they would cancel the con just because of the Vic shit. That makes no sense.
Unless said Vic s*** involved threats of violence (not necessarily from Vic, but from other would-be con-goers). Sadly, I could see that being the case.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Bryesque
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bryesque » Mon May 06, 2019 5:23 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:45 pm KamehaCon UK has been cancelled indefinitely, citing "recent events in the fandom."

It doesn't take a genius to recognize they're talking about the Vic drama, but I actually didn't know there was a UK convention. Did they invite Vic?
Cancelling an entire convention over one guest seems... unlikely. Though the state of the fandom is overwhelmingly toxic right now, so I can see that being a factor in the decision. Though honestly, even then I'd have to assume there's more to it than just that. Cancelling an entire show isn't something you do lightly, especially three months out - at this point, it's almost certain a venue's been booked, contracts have been signed, and a lot of money's already been spent. You don't throw all that out unless you really have no choice.

Pinning the cancellation on "recent events in the fandom" certainly isn't helping matters, though. That kind of comment invites wild speculation and contention, and Certain Parties don't need much of an excuse to let that fuel further harassment and abuse of their "enemies". I wasn't impressed with how the US convention handled this situation, so this especially doesn't sit well with me.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 06, 2019 5:47 pm

Bryesque wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:23 pmCancelling an entire convention over one guest seems... unlikely. Though the state of the fandom is overwhelmingly toxic right now, so I can see that being a factor in the decision.
I can see the pro-Vic and Anti-Vic organizing something which could result in someone (or multiple people) getting hurt so I understand why they decided to just pull the plug on it. As far as I can tell the Vic situation is beyond anime and DB so it's a shame to see all these fan bases going to war with each other over it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon May 06, 2019 8:05 pm

Permanently shutting down the UK branch over something that happened in the US?
Seems legit? :eh:
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 pm

Valerius Dover wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:05 pm Permanently shutting down the UK branch over something that happened in the US?
Seems legit? :eh:
Maybe they felt the Kameha-Con brand was tarnished over the Vic debacle?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Tue May 07, 2019 2:02 am

KBABZ wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 pm Maybe they felt the Kameha-Con brand was tarnished over the Vic debacle?
Sheesh... If that ends up being the case, I don't know whether to call it poetic justice, or to just feel sad about the whole situation. After all, Geekdom put a lot of hardwork into this con, didn't he?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:08 am

Fionordequester wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:02 am
KBABZ wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:23 pm Maybe they felt the Kameha-Con brand was tarnished over the Vic debacle?
Sheesh... If that ends up being the case, I don't know whether to call it poetic justice, or to just feel sad about the whole situation. After all, Geekdom put a lot of hardwork into this con, didn't he?
Geekdom has nothing to do with the UK one as far as I know