Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Reading the live tweet thread brings the greatest sense of schadenfreude. The judge is not having this nonsense at all. Where's that slam dunk case that even the worst law firm could win now? :lol:

And wouldn't you know, there are still people in the comments trying to spin this, saying it's "suspicious" that everything coming out of this seems to make Ty look bad, so obviously he's biased. It's couldn't possibly be that Ty just keeps putting his (sneakered) foot in his mouth, right?
Last edited by sailorspazz on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:36 pm I can't; I fucking can't. I implore y'all to read the livetweets -- I'm nearly in tears from laughing so hard. Beard's having a public meltdown and the judge is raking him over the coals.
We’re on a break while judge hears another matter at the bench. Nick is wearing a very bad suit with sneakers.
Yes. Sustain me.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:13 pm

You know what's funny? I recall an old ED article once calling him 'Vic Mangina' and mocking him a lot, but now the whole 4chan/ED crowd is behind him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Posting this here because it's just too fucking good!

I've seen people praying for a Vic appeal. Why ask for an appeal if the judge said you have no evidence :lol:
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:15 pm Posting this here because it's just too fucking good!

I've seen people praying for a Vic appeal. Why ask for an appeal if the judge said you have no evidence :lol:
This and "I don't know which contracts" are slaying me. Oh my god.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:22 pm

I have to say I knew Vic didn’t have the best crack legal team, but I didn’t think it would be this embarrassing for them.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:23 pm

At this point Vic's team might as well try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKi92j6eLE
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:43 pm

Ty rambling about Funi’s investigations. Judge: the statements are true? Ty: right but implication is clear because of context.
Wow. Like, wow.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:00 pm

Out of the original claims, all have been dismissed except for the defamation claims against Rial, Toye and Funimation (edit: and apparently the conspiracy claims against Monica and Ron?). Judge says he will consider those and rule within 30 days. Apparently this is due to the volume of material that has to be considered?

Not a good day for Beard, that's for sure.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:09 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:00 pm Out of the original claims, all have been dismissed except for the defamation claims against Rial, Toye and Funimation (edit: and apparently the conspiracy claims against Monica and Ron?). Judge says he will consider those and rule within 30 days. Apparently this is due to the volume of material that has to be considered?
I legit thought that's the only thing this was about.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:19 pm

I did too, but apparently there were 14 claims total including tortious interference and conspiracy.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:56 pm

I have to see video of this judge destroying Beard. Wow.

Mic Vignogna is a real monster and I'm glad he got his face rubbed in the pig shit.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:09 pm

This is my 2nd time invoking God, recently. I don't plan on getting into that habit, out of respect for the different beliefs that people have...

But... Is it me, or does it seem like Vic was cursed? Not to say that everything bad that happens is the Lord's wrath, but...

Everything happened so quickly. Vic's doing well, riding the high of the Super movie... then all of a sudden, Hanleia's post goes viral, and Vic gets booted to the curb before he can so much as blink. He's given the chance to walk away, decides instead to try and make folks suffer... and so he gets saddled with the most incompetent, shady grifters a man could've gotten. Grifters who, along with him & Chuck Huber, tore down his case with their own two hands.

In addition, we had a whole stream of actual lawyers coming in to dunk on him and his counsel for days on end. 6-7 lawyers, all of whom are some of the wittiest, most intelligent guys you'll meet. All speaking out for the victims, and preventing the narrative from falling into the wrong hands.

Putting aside how bad I felt for Ty, and how Vic got screwed by his own team... it really does seem like Vic's fighting someone's wrath, doesn't it?
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:29 pm

There's no curse, just great advertising for a terrible product.

All of the Vic stans preordered and now they're getting the full No Man's Sky experience.

(I wish I had a better example than NMS, which was a product of rushed release and losing the entire game midway through development only to eventually deliver on most of the promises, but whatever)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:37 pm

Earnest question, but what's the value of this thread now? In the beginning I could see the genuine value of talking about this case and about sexual harassment in general. However, this his gone beyond that and now it feels like the over-coverage of the OJ Simpson trial.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm

Yeah, Vic's fans... that's probably the only regret I have about this whole thing. I've met a lot of trolls, and a lot of just plain awful people on Twitter. However, I've also meant some really nice, really good guys, too. Guys who, for one reason or another (often involving past trauma), got roped into buying Vic's nonsense. And now they're out all the money they paid him.

I do definitely regret that much :(

EXBadguy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by EXBadguy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:47 pm

Ty Beard is and will always be a incompetent lawyer!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

Zinnia
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zinnia » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:39 pm Yeah, Vic's fans... that's probably the only regret I have about this whole thing.
I don't. I've met way too many idiots apart of his "fanbase".
I'm now glad to see everything crumbling for him, he had it long time coming. And the fans didn't make it any better, they were/are obsessed.

For example you couldn't say you watched FMA in Japanese, because if you didn't watch it dubbed then it wasn't "the real experience". Absolutely loathe the series ever since. Thanks vic"fans", you ruined FMA for me.

Now I can at least be happy that he'll never get to voice Edward again if there was a remake or video game (but probably won't be)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Sexual harassment is bad and the affects it has on our spaces really hurts. I hope this helps to expose more creeps and gets them removed from our spaces.

Also, fuck Hazukari.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter