Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Scsigs
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:32 pm

excelhedge wrote:https://youtu.be/RHAAYD_upsM

I'm just going to post this here. There's still some missing details but there does seem to be a some links to the originator of the #kickvic , the founder of Anime Feminist, and the ANN article that had fake pics.
"Nah, can't possibly listen to this guy. It's just another video with a LOT of ads."
Why do I see someone responding this?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:50 pm

I'm just going to post this here. There's still some missing details but there does seem to be a some links to the originator of the #kickvic , the founder of Anime Feminist, and the ANN article that had fake pics.
Okay. So that one article is flawed.

There are literally several publicly accounts dating back to at least 2013.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:59 pm

gokaiblue wrote:

Is that REALLY the only thing that stuck out to you in that whole video? That wasn't really the point of it. He was revealing where the #KickVic stuff started (MarzGurl) & most likely why (her online career wasn't doing that well). Though I question his logic on the Channel Awesome stuff, since there were over a dozen creators who've worked for Channel Awesome involved with that document & a LOT more legitimate reasons for their leaving, & several other creators also complained about the lack of exposure from CA when they were on it, the video reveals a LOT of the bad involved with this event from some of the people involved.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:03 pm

Alright, I’m not going to make any comments on Mignogna himself (that horse has already been beaten), but I do have to wonder about something in regards to his defenders. Would all these people on YouTube and Twitter have been so inclined to jump to his defense if he hadn’t been a devout Christian? I’m asking because a lot of the people who vehemently defend him keep arguing that he’s being attacked for his faith, and I certainly don’t recall seeing this kind of support for people like Bryan Singer, Kevin Spacey, or hell, even JewWario.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:08 pm

WittyUsername wrote:Alright, I’m not going to make any comments on Mignogna himself (that horse has already been beaten), but I do have to wonder about something in regards to his defenders. Would all these people on YouTube and Twitter have been so inclined to jump to his defense if he hadn’t been a devout Christian? I’m asking because a lot of the people who vehemently defend him keep arguing that he’s being attacked for his faith, and I certainly don’t recall seeing this kind of support for people like Bryan Singer, Kevin Spacey, or hell, even JewWario.
Yes. I haven't seen anyone accuse others of attacking him because of his faith. I mean, the people I've seen defending him are more so looking at the biggest evidence & finding holes in the logic. Nothing to do with his faith.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Scsigs wrote: Is that REALLY the only thing that stuck out to you in that whole video? That wasn't really the point of it. He was revealing where the #KickVic stuff started (MarzGurl) & most likely why (her online career wasn't doing that well).
Are we supposed to be surprised that the effort to get Vic removed from the con circuit was started by feminist personalities? Are we supposed to find it weird that feminists are vehemently against sexual misconduct against women and might want to use social media to call attention to it?

What is the conspiracy here?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Scsigs wrote: Is that REALLY the only thing that stuck out to you in that whole video? That wasn't really the point of it. He was revealing where the #KickVic stuff started (MarzGurl) & most likely why (her online career wasn't doing that well).
Are we supposed to be surprised that the effort to get Vic removed from the con circuit was started by feminist personalities? Are we supposed to find it weird that feminists are vehemently against sexual misconduct against women and might want to use social media to call attention to it?

What is the conspiracy here?
No, we aren't. That's not surprising whatsoever. However, due to the factors presented in the article, it's really questionable if there weren't other motives involved as well.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Scsigs wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:Alright, I’m not going to make any comments on Mignogna himself (that horse has already been beaten), but I do have to wonder about something in regards to his defenders. Would all these people on YouTube and Twitter have been so inclined to jump to his defense if he hadn’t been a devout Christian? I’m asking because a lot of the people who vehemently defend him keep arguing that he’s being attacked for his faith, and I certainly don’t recall seeing this kind of support for people like Bryan Singer, Kevin Spacey, or hell, even JewWario.
Yes. I haven't seen anyone accuse others of attacking him because of his faith. I mean, the people I've seen defending him are more so looking at the biggest evidence & finding holes in the logic. Nothing to do with his faith.
The general gist of the defenses he’s been getting are that he’s being unfairly attacked by SJWs, and I have seen a number of YouTube comments who have claimed that people are only going after him for his faith.
Last edited by WittyUsername on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Scsigs wrote: No, we aren't. That's not surprising whatsoever. However, due to the factors presented in the article, it's really questionable if there weren't other motives involved as well.
...And?

If I call a police hotline and tip them off about a suspect in a murder, but the only reason I called was to get the advertised reward, are you going to spend more time criticizing my motives or celebrating the fact that a murderer got caught and is being brought to justice?
Special Beam Cannon!

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:23 pm

Scsigs wrote:
gokaiblue wrote:

Is that REALLY the only thing that stuck out to you in that whole video? That wasn't really the point of it. He was revealing where the #KickVic stuff started (MarzGurl) & most likely why (her online career wasn't doing that well). Though I question his logic on the Channel Awesome stuff, since there were over a dozen creators who've worked for Channel Awesome involved with that document & a LOT more legitimate reasons for their leaving, & several other creators also complained about the lack of exposure from CA when they were on it, the video reveals a LOT of the bad involved with this event from some of the people involved.
Do Vic conspiracy theorist ever quit? Christ. This pathetic so and so trying to ruin innocent Vic’s career crap is getting sadder and more pathetic everytime.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:28 pm

WittyUsername wrote:The general gist of the defenses he’s been getting are that he’s being unfairly attacked by SJWs, and I have seen a number of YouTube comments who have claimed that they’re going after him for his faith.
Well then. It seems those people are misled.
Cursed Lemon wrote:...And?

If I call a police hotline and tip them off about a suspect in a murder, but the only reason I called was to get the advertised reward, are you going to spend more time criticizing my motives or celebrating the fact that a murderer got caught and is being brought to justice?
I don't really think you parsed your argument as well as you could've, but to respond, that is more of a case of a person who's been identified as a suspect in a murder & there's a thing out for their arrest. It also seems like that's an open & shut case. With Vic, a lot of the evidence seems to be based on most of the people overthinking the situation, which I've already given my piece on a few times several pages back, which you can read now if you haven't before. It also seems to be an ongoing thing. In an ongoing investigation, yeah, you question everyone's motives, not just the accused. That's how you come to conclusions based on the evidence or lack thereof.
And, I've SAID Vic isn't clean here! He isn't innocent. However, he's NOT guilty of everything that he's being accused. Getting too up close & personal with people who didn't want it? Yes! Sexual assault? No. Asking why someone's not buying his Christian music? Yes. Being a bigot? No. Not signing fan art? Yes. Being homophobic? No. Being a shithead primadonna? Yes. Pissing off coworkers? Yes. Stoking the flames by telling his hardcore fans to defend him? Yes. And that's based on what I've seen & heard from different people. Anything I missed?
Sorry.
Last edited by Scsigs on Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Scsigs wrote:. However, he's NOT guilty of everything that he's being accused. Getting too up close & personal with people who didn't want it? Yes! Sexual assault? No. Sorry.
I was referring to the video creator. Not you.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:33 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Scsigs wrote:However, he's NOT guilty of everything that he's being accused. Getting too up close & personal with people who didn't want it? Yes! Sexual assault? No. Sorry.
I was referring to the video creator. Not you.
Ok, thanks for the clarification. I couldn't tell, sorry.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Scsigs wrote: I don't really think you parsed your argument as well as you could've, but to respond, that is more of a case of a person who's been identified as a suspect in a murder & there's a thing out for their arrest. It also seems like that's an open & shut case. With Vic, a lot of the evidence seems to be based on most of the people overthinking the situation, which I've already given my piece on a few times several pages back, which you can read now if you haven't before. It also seems to be an ongoing thing. In an ongoing investigation, yeah, you question everyone's motives, not just the accused. That's how you come to conclusions based on the evidence or lack thereof.
I really give up with all this.

If people are more concerned about unearthing the nonexistent dirty secret scandal surrounding people attempting to soil Vic Mignogna's reputation rather than focusing on the fact that Vic ruined his own reputation by being a god damn pedophile pervert, then that speaks very loudly to their personal constitution.

You and others have consistently and purposefully ignored the dozens of independent accusations compiled over years with this guy (seriously, it's like it was never even brought up with you guys), all in favor of going full-tinfoil and trying to act like you know something the rest of us ignorant sobs don't, because that, in fact, is the ulterior motive of conspiracy weirdos - a motive that is worth questioning.
Special Beam Cannon!

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:01 pm

As I said before, I roll my eyes at you people who go one about feminazis and SJWs with an agenda against Vic. As if having an agenda against someone with this many accusations is a BAD thing. It’s ok to have an agenda, you fucking idiots.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:14 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:As I said before, I roll my eyes at you people who go one about feminazis and SJWs with an agenda against Vic. As if having an agenda against someone with this many accusations is a BAD thing. It’s ok to have an agenda, you fucking idiots.
The “skeptic” crowd or whatever care more about whining about feminism and SJW’s than facts.

And my God, do not read any comment section on any recent Youtube video that anything to do with Funimation. Half the comments are idiots going on about how Funimation employees are backstabbing Mignogna or making baseless accusations at him. Even when the video in question has nothing to do with Mignogna.

I can’t believe the day would come where I side with Sean Schemmel and yet here I am.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:19 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: I really give up with all this.

If people are more concerned about unearthing the nonexistent dirty secret scandal surrounding people attempting to soil Vic Mignogna's reputation rather than focusing on the fact that Vic ruined his own reputation by being a god damn pedophile pervert, then that speaks very loudly to their personal constitution.

You and others have consistently and purposefully ignored the dozens of independent accusations compiled over years with this guy (seriously, it's like it was never even brought up with you guys), all in favor of going full-tinfoil and trying to act like you know something the rest of us ignorant sobs don't, because that, in fact, is the ulterior motive of conspiracy weirdos - a motive that is worth questioning.
Perfect summation.

Honestly I think we've given these horrid grubby little kids their moment in the spotlight and the thread should be closed at this point. The Youtube comments section is a more appropriate venue for the level of discourse we've suffered through in this thread.
MasenkoHA wrote: I can’t believe the day would come where I side with Sean Schemmel and yet here I am.
I know right!, that video was the most endearing thing I've ever seen him do.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Scsigs wrote: I don't really think you parsed your argument as well as you could've, but to respond, that is more of a case of a person who's been identified as a suspect in a murder & there's a thing out for their arrest. It also seems like that's an open & shut case. With Vic, a lot of the evidence seems to be based on most of the people overthinking the situation, which I've already given my piece on a few times several pages back, which you can read now if you haven't before. It also seems to be an ongoing thing. In an ongoing investigation, yeah, you question everyone's motives, not just the accused. That's how you come to conclusions based on the evidence or lack thereof.
I really give up with all this.

This is big part of why I don't even talk about it on Twitter now. Vic's done. What his victims were aiming for had been achieved. All that's left is his conspiracy theory fanbase showing off Olympic-level mental gymnastics and using alt accounts to gaslight and attack his victims that have come forward.

You know what they're not gonna get for their efforts? Vic coming back. Its not happening no matter how mean they get on Twitter and YouTube.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:The “skeptic” crowd or whatever care more about whining about feminism and SJW’s than facts.

And my God, do not read any comment section on any recent Youtube video that anything to do with Funimation. Half the comments are idiots going on about how Funimation employees are backstabbing Mignogna or making baseless accusations at him. Even when the video in question has nothing to do with Mignogna.

I can’t believe the day would come where I side with Sean Schemmel and yet here I am.
I mean, sometimes the enemy of your enemy is your friend, I guess.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote:As I said before, I roll my eyes at you people who go one about feminazis and SJWs with an agenda against Vic. As if having an agenda against someone with this many accusations is a BAD thing. It’s ok to have an agenda, you fucking idiots.
I think the more disheartening part is seeing these women use their platform to pour their hearts out and show their support for each other only to have a bunch of screaming incels and dishonest Youtube shitheads blow up their mentions with "BUT WHERE DA PROOF? WHERE DA PROOF?" as if it's totally a given that everyone should have a camera stapled to their fucking foreheads 24 hours a day.

The anime community sucks ass, man.