Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by PFM18 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The working class and the owner class are the only two classes.
That sounds like some Marxist nonsense. Its false on so many levels.
Our current system is un-democratic. The owner/donor class being able to make decisions that directly influence the working class' lives ahows how broken our system is. Workers must seize control of the system so that it works for all American's, not just the wealthy owners.
I mean, this is just an extremely warped view of the system in place currently. It isn't just "owners and workers" it's infinitely more complex than that, and the system does work for all Americans as is. We have by far the most productive economy in the world, have a very high medium income, world class social mobility, and extremely high earning potential for anyone, and certainly not just owners.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:07 pm

I’m actually disgusted by how the behavior shown here. I never thought I would see so much insensitive comments by people. I just hope that this situation gets a conclusion soon because I can’t take reading the horrible statements by some here. I’m not posting on this topic again until Funimation comes out with a statement or Broly gets recasted.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:38 pm

PFM18 wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
ruler9871 wrote:
That sounds like some Marxist nonsense. Its false on so many levels.
Our current system is un-democratic. The owner/donor class being able to make decisions that directly influence the working class' lives ahows how broken our system is. Workers must seize control of the system so that it works for all American's, not just the wealthy owners.
I mean, this is just an extremely warped view of the system in place currently. It isn't just "owners and workers" it's infinitely more complex than that, and the system does work for all Americans as is. We have by far the most productive economy in the world, have a very high medium income, world class social mobility, and extremely high earning potential for anyone, and certainly not just owners.
1. $75,000-90,000 a year income is necessary to pay the bills and live half-way decently.
2. 50% of wage earners earn only $30,000 a year.
3. There is $1.5 trillion in student loan debt. It cannot be declared bankruptcy on.
4. There is $1.5 trillion in medical bills. It cannot be declared bankruptcy on.
5. 29 million Americans have no health insurance. Scandinavia, Australia, the UK, Germany, France and Canada among other nations have free healthcare.
6. Our media is owned by oligarchs and their advertising money comes from the military industrial complex, which means that the media will never hold the military accountable and always push for more war.
7. Black and other minorities are incarcerated at a much higher rate than whites for the same dumb extraneous crimes, like non-violent drug usage.
8. Women are given little control over their own bodies.
9. Transgender people are banned from the military.
10. The private sector works to keep wages low and social mobility difficult.
11. The military advertises with the NFL and Marvel so as to indoctrinate people into the military because their recruitment numbers are so low. Their recruitment numbers are so low because Millenials are educated and realize that the wars are bullshit.
12. Our elections are bought and paid for by the wealthy.
13. Our last six presidents have been war criminals or domestic criminals of some order. Either way, they don't receive prosecution.
14. The government is filled and manned by capitalists who seek only to enrich other capitalists.
15. The government refuses to believe the science of climate change.
16. Our government is aiding Saudi Arabia and Israel in genocides in Yemen and Palestine.
17. Out government starts wars of aggression, which is in violation of international law.
18. Our government conducts torture, which is in violation of the Eighth Amendment of the US Constitution.
18. Our government has revoked our right to unreasonable search and seize.
19.Education is made difficult to obtain by having funding tied to property taxes. This means that rich neighborhoods (white) have more funding than poorer neighborhoods (minorities) so as to keep minorities stuck in a repetitive cycle of being uneducated and poor.
20. Our government does what the wealthy wants and the wealthy do what the government cannot without appearing like they are violating laws and the Constitution.

I'm going to go run errands now.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:07 pm

I wonder if William Shatner knows about all of this.
Mignogna looked up to Shatner's Captain Kirk as a role model, so it'd be interesting if he weighed in.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:25 pm

He blocked everyone from STC on Twitter a while back. I doubt he'll say anything about it.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:32 pm

Terez wrote:He blocked everyone from STC on Twitter a while back. I doubt he'll say anything about it.
Why did Shatner block the whole cast?
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:48 pm

ShadowBardock89 wrote:I wonder if William Shatner knows about all of this.
Mignogna looked up to Shatner's Captain Kirk as a role model, so it'd be interesting if he weighed in.
That’s where he screwed up. His unsolicited hugs and kisses may have been better recieved if he approached his fans in a ripped shirt after facing the Gorn captain and/or Khan.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:53 pm

gokaiblue wrote:
Terez wrote:He blocked everyone from STC on Twitter a while back. I doubt he'll say anything about it.
They were using his image (see also responses) to promote their fundraisers, and it wasn't the first time something like that had happened. Then apparently Mignogna met Shatner at a con, and got a picture with him, and started using that picture to claim that Shatner had taught him how to play Kirk. So Shatner cut them off completely. It does kinda suck for the rest of the STC cast but this kind of collateral damage is precisely why Funi and RT etc. are cutting Mignogna off now. Association is endorsement.

I'm sure there's a lot more to this story but I don't want to waste too much time on it. The tweet I linked in the previous post was Michele Specht, who was engaged to Mignogna at the time. Apparently no one knew they had broken up until she started engaging with #KickVic.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:53 pm

coola wrote:With reaction of Monica Rial and few other Funimation cast members, i've been wondering, if Broly will return in Super, and Funimation will let Mignogna reprise his role even if allegations wont get cleared, would that cause some problems? Some cast members might out right refuse to work together with Mignogna ever again.
I mean, they don't record the dub together. That's physically impossible with both the standards that anime dubbing & ADR work, as well as where a few of the cast members live. The only cast member that's with them is Sabat, since he directs & showruns the dub.
gokaiblue wrote:
*Clip from Star Trek TNG of Picard sighing in disbelief with his head in his hands to Data*
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:33 pm

PFM18 wrote:I mean, this is just an extremely warped view of the system in place currently. It isn't just "owners and workers" it's infinitely more complex than that, and the system does work for all Americans as is. We have by far the most productive economy in the world, have a very high medium income, world class social mobility, and extremely high earning potential for anyone, and certainly not just owners.
Tell that to the 45,000 people who die from lack of health insurance every year in the United States.

Or the 39 million Americans who live in abject poverty.

Or the hundreds of millions of regular working Americans who's wages have largely been stagnant for well over 30+ years now despite increasing overall worker productivity.

The reality is, the U.S. government not only doesn't work for all Americans (not even remotely close), it is innately neglectful, on a systemic level, of the actual will and needs of the common people. Study after study throughout the decades have shown that the United States Congress almost overwhelmingly responds largely the will of a microscopically rich minority of private business interests rather than the will of the majority populace. This is why popular and badly needed policy after popular and badly needed policy are routinely ignored when they intercede in the business interests of the top richest political donors.

Not only can I back that up with actual studies and data, but also with firsthand experience of having done my share of State-level political work for years now: there is MASSIVE amounts of pressure on politicians, at both local and federal levels, to put the needs of wealthy campaign donors above that of their common constituency, as the campaign money they receive is, generally speaking, of VASTLY greater importance overall to their getting re-elected. And furthermore, these big money corporate campaign donations also tend to come with other longer-term financial perks that personally enrich them long after they leave office, such as high-paying lobbying and public speaking gigs.

This has lead to deteriorating infrastructure and horrid living conditions for millions around the country.

Put simply, if you're living in North America, and you genuinely, sincerely believe this:
PFM18 wrote:the system does work for all Americans as is. We have by far the most productive economy in the world, have a very high medium income, world class social mobility, and extremely high earning potential for anyone, and certainly not just owners.
You are both objectively wrong, as well as living in a fantasy delusion culled largely from mainstream network news media propaganda that is 100% disconnected and disassociated from the reality both how our system of government has ACTUALLY been working for decades as well as the horrible reality of millions upon millions upon millions of ordinary Americans who are going through IMMENSE degrees of suffering right now as a direct result of systemic political corruption that has thoroughly corroded the U.S. system at almost virtually all levels.

Take some time to sit down and do some real heavy reading, listen to the stories of regular people who are going through harsh times right now, and if possible maybe even take a trip to your State capitol sometime and get better personally acquainted with some of your local political legislators. Educate yourself, and don't just blindly regurgitate feel-good propagandistic talking points from your family members or the nightly news, and don't look at the world solely through the myopic lens of "Well my life is going great, so I don't see any real problems here!" like so many other chucklefucks so often tend to.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Vic is a scumbag and has been a known scumbag for well over a decade.

Also, the transphoic trash in this trend is all sorts of messed up.

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:54 pm

So in regards to this situation, there seems to be some new information on the matter. I have yet to watch them, but I'll post them here anyway. Any thoughts?
https://youtu.be/5H3soKn-m0A

https://youtu.be/vEM-w3vhF9Y

https://youtu.be/tqDPM4djy_k

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:12 pm

At least some of this was addressed by Ajay several posts back. A Facebook KickVic group got infiltrated by a troll who was trying to talk people into falsifying evidence to make Mignogna look bad (worse, I guess). They weren't subtle at all, so no one fell for it and everyone told them to fuck off, including the group owner, but people screenshotted it and are using it as evidence that there's a conspiracy to falsify evidence against Mignogna.

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Terez wrote:At least some of this was addressed by Ajay several posts back. A Facebook KickVic group got infiltrated by a troll who was trying to talk people into falsifying evidence to make Mignogna look bad (worse, I guess). They weren't subtle at all, so no one fell for it and everyone told them to fuck off, including the group owner, but people screenshotted it and are using it as evidence that there's a conspiracy to falsify evidence against Mignogna.
How exactly do you know it's a troll? Where did you find that at?

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:17 pm

This whole thing is just... shit. Honestly the whole thing seems shady to me. If this has been happening for years why is this only now being addressed? Part of me thinks this was just some way for news sites to get clicks. They decide to drop these claims on the movies opening week and use "Dragon Ball" in their headlines. Bullshit. In today's political climate and hype surrounding DragonBall, talk about the perfect storm.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 pm

SMKirbyZX wrote:
Terez wrote:At least some of this was addressed by Ajay several posts back. A Facebook KickVic group got infiltrated by a troll who was trying to talk people into falsifying evidence to make Mignogna look bad (worse, I guess). They weren't subtle at all, so no one fell for it and everyone told them to fuck off, including the group owner, but people screenshotted it and are using it as evidence that there's a conspiracy to falsify evidence against Mignogna.
How exactly do you know it's a troll? Where did you find that at?
It was extremely obvious to me that it was a troll. Some dude was posting the screenshots on Twitter and I couldn't believe anyone would fall for such a terrible actor. (None of the group's members did. Only the Vic defenders, and I'm not sure they were being straightforward about it.) As for evidence, there's a story (including a trail of screenshots) here.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Mignogna just responded in regards to the actions taken by supporters:
https://twitter.com/vicmignogna/status/ ... 9653237762
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Bruma rabu wrote:This whole thing is just... shit. Honestly the whole thing seems shady to me. If this has been happening for years why is this only now being addressed? Part of me thinks this was just some way for news sites to get clicks. They decide to drop these claims on the movies opening week and use "Dragon Ball" in their headlines. Bullshit. In today's political climate and hype surrounding DragonBall, talk about the perfect storm.
I think the reaction Monica Rial and others have gotten are just the reason why they have not come out about it, at least in the way they are doing it now.

On the plus side, I'm glad Vic said something about the threats people have been making.

SMKirbyZX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SMKirbyZX » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Terez wrote:As for evidence, there's a story (including a trail of screenshots) here.
The plot thickens. I don't know much about Vic, but it seems to me that someone wanted to ruin his career. I advise everyone to approach this situation with caution.

Terez
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:51 pm

Making baseless assumptions about the motives of literally dozens of people seems incautious to me.