Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:19 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 pm
Mooreish wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:21 pm

And he will never be accepted by the community. He will be the professor snape of voice actors in dragon ball. Fans will be shouting at him “HOW DARE YOU STAND WHERE HE STOOD!!!!!” He will be the dawn summers of the cast. The Wesley crusher. The jake Lloyd as anakin skywalker. Forever, an outcast to the viewing audience.
That all a joke, too?
No just a bit of overexaggeration. But it would still happen like that

User avatar
Gokuisasuperhero
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gokuisasuperhero » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:51 am
Lord Beerus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am
So Vic is officially going to the courts?

I can only hope this will settle the issue definitively and the mud slinging and shitposting will end.
Things will quiet down, eventually, but sadly I don't think it will ever go away 100%, and no matter how it falls, things are only going to get even uglier immediately after.

If Vic loses, then his contingency of supporters are going to cry foul even louder and probably even try to get it overturned, and hurl even worse threats and insults at his accusers.

If Vic wins, then it's potentially going to do a lot of damage not only to the society surrounding voice over, it's only going to make people against Vic (not all, but some) go too far in their own crusades, as well as the bleating from Vic's side getting louder and stoking the flames all the higher. This is the worst case scenario, on just about every level one can think of, though even if it comes to this, I guarantee you Vic still won't get hired back.

If it all get settled out of court for a lesser sum, then things will more or less stay the same, but both sides will hurl accusations at the other about what the settling really "means".

For my own part, I'm wondering if it won't get settled out of court and Vic gets paid a pittance (so to speak) of what he's seeking, more so just to get the entire deal over with rather than them really expecting to lose in court (though that could very easily be a concern too). At this point, I'm convinced that's all VIc is really after, and if he happens to win big, then all the better. Because at least in-so-far as Texas goes, his voice over career is over. He's not getting his reputation back to what it was, whether he wins or not. The damage is done. Literally the only thing he has to gain at this point is creating more chaos and pain (because if he's truly as dark as things are painted, then that type of person would 100% thrive on lashing out as everything burns around them), and whatever money he can grab out of the ordeal.
Uh how about Funimation saying sorry to him? That something that he could get out of it. If Funimation has to come out on twitter or what ever and said Vic did not do anything this and where sorry that something he would wanted Also he still to what I understand is getting LA work. He did Jojo though he was already that before everything when done but Viz/Bang Zoom who do the dub for Viz keep him on. Don't know If that going to give him new roles though or not b/c I yet heard anything about new role in LA. I do know Vic voices "Pain" in Naruto Shippuden which still get video games that get dub. So I am wondering about the next video game well have him still voicing Pain since the video game that does the Naruto game is the same company that dub the Dragonball Z Games Bandai Namco. Which is why I would love to know where Bandai Namco stand is on it. Because if that keep him in Naruto video game I don't see how that would not keep him in Dragonball Z Video game. In term of what he could get out of it well for one the voice would have stop saying he this perder. So yes that a lot he can get out it. But the case can go anyway at this point.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:39 pm

How f*cked is vic?

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1174
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Gokuisasuperhero wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:11 pm
It does madder about the hold what the "original version" it about what people like what people are entitle to there own opinion you make like there other score but other like the Bruce because it sound better it fit better with a fighting show. Localizations still happen to this day with yu-gi-oh it not a big deal. As for the lawsuit being "meaningless" you do know Bruce would mostly have won had that not settle right? Have you even read the the file log behind the case? In term of the case being different or the same is not the point. Also Bruce in 2003 when that where still doing English score at the time so no it was not outdated. And as I note it still done today just not in as many show. Mostly only kids show for the most part.
Gokuisasuperhero wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:17 pm
Lol no that did not. Most people wish Nadolny to come back as Kid Goku and Kid Goham myself as well.
Okay this shit hurts to read, please proof your grammar before posting. I'm gonna make this into a couple simple points for you so we can get back on topic.

1. Replacing music in dubs has always been a bad practice and always will be. If you don't see people complaining (which they do, by the way) it's not because it's a good thing to do. It doesn't matter if you like the music better for subjective reasons, it should not happen.

2. Faulconer's lawsuit is NOTHING LIKE Vic's. It's an entirely different issue with an entirely different position. The only connections are "Funimation" and "lawsuit". It's completely worthless when the topic is the guy suing the company that fired him for sexual harassment. That has nothing to do with copyrights and distribution like Faulconer's did.

3. You are on Kanzenshuu, a site mostly dedicated to the original Japanese version of the Dragon Ball manga and anime. You should come to expect to see people talking about differences and mistakes made in versions that are not the original. Faulconer's music is one of these differences, and on a site full of purists you can't be surprised that a bunch of people don't like it.

4. You don't actually have a metric on what "most people want" in Dragon Ball, please just speak for yourself.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaintEvolution » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Gokuisasuperhero wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:35 pm
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:51 am
Lord Beerus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am
So Vic is officially going to the courts?

I can only hope this will settle the issue definitively and the mud slinging and shitposting will end.
Things will quiet down, eventually, but sadly I don't think it will ever go away 100%, and no matter how it falls, things are only going to get even uglier immediately after.

If Vic loses, then his contingency of supporters are going to cry foul even louder and probably even try to get it overturned, and hurl even worse threats and insults at his accusers.

If Vic wins, then it's potentially going to do a lot of damage not only to the society surrounding voice over, it's only going to make people against Vic (not all, but some) go too far in their own crusades, as well as the bleating from Vic's side getting louder and stoking the flames all the higher. This is the worst case scenario, on just about every level one can think of, though even if it comes to this, I guarantee you Vic still won't get hired back.

If it all get settled out of court for a lesser sum, then things will more or less stay the same, but both sides will hurl accusations at the other about what the settling really "means".

For my own part, I'm wondering if it won't get settled out of court and Vic gets paid a pittance (so to speak) of what he's seeking, more so just to get the entire deal over with rather than them really expecting to lose in court (though that could very easily be a concern too). At this point, I'm convinced that's all VIc is really after, and if he happens to win big, then all the better. Because at least in-so-far as Texas goes, his voice over career is over. He's not getting his reputation back to what it was, whether he wins or not. The damage is done. Literally the only thing he has to gain at this point is creating more chaos and pain (because if he's truly as dark as things are painted, then that type of person would 100% thrive on lashing out as everything burns around them), and whatever money he can grab out of the ordeal.
Uh how about Funimation saying sorry to him? That something that he could get out of it. If Funimation has to come out on twitter or what ever and said Vic did not do anything this and where sorry that something he would wanted Also he still to what I understand is getting LA work. He did Jojo though he was already that before everything when done but Viz/Bang Zoom who do the dub for Viz keep him on. Don't know If that going to give him new roles though or not b/c I yet heard anything about new role in LA. I do know Vic voices "Pain" in Naruto Shippuden which still get video games that get dub. So I am wondering about the next video game well have him still voicing Pain since the video game that does the Naruto game is the same company that dub the Dragonball Z Games Bandai Namco. Which is why I would love to know where Bandai Namco stand is on it. Because if that keep him in Naruto video game I don't see how that would not keep him in Dragonball Z Video game. In term of what he could get out of it well for one the voice would have stop saying he this perder. So yes that a lot he can get out it. But the case can go anyway at this point.
As far as I know, Pain in Naruto had more than one actor. If I'm not wrong, both Matthew Marcer and Troy Baker voiced the character. In case of Studiopolis/Viz don't wanting Vic anymore to do the character, they can just recast him again with Troy or Matt. Same applies to Bang Zoom with other projects that Vic was involved recently, like Fate/Extra Last Encore.

And also, Vic did other anime stuff in Los Angeles recently before this scandal, but is uncertain if he will continue on his roles. The future of characters's voices like Gouki Shibukawa (new Baki series) or Ranpo Edogawa (Bungou Stray Dogs) is really uncertain.
When it comes to Funimation dubs's roles, like Sabo (One Piece) or Rin (Free), it's pretty obvious that Vic will be recasted at some moment.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5934
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 pm

I sometimes feel like the only one who enjoys both the original music and the Falconer score.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 pm

Questions about these:
https://twitter.com/TyBeard10/status/11 ... 9301694465
https://twitter.com/TyBeard10/status/11 ... 9015211008

If anyone's a legal expert help me out here please. When I see these tweets from Vic's lawyer, it looks to me that he's just threatening people with lawsuits merely for speculating about the case on Twitter, which seems like a huge dick move in my opinion (and we know Ronald Toye is already in one lawsuit). Am I missing something here or is that what's actually going on?

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:41 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:35 pm
Questions about these:
https://twitter.com/TyBeard10/status/11 ... 9301694465
https://twitter.com/TyBeard10/status/11 ... 9015211008

If anyone's a legal expert help me out here please. When I see these tweets from Vic's lawyer, it looks to me that he's just threatening people with lawsuits merely for speculating about the case on Twitter, which seems like a huge dick move in my opinion (and we know Ronald Toye is already in one lawsuit). Am I missing something here or is that what's actually going on?
I'm no law expert, but going by the precedent with Ron, I'm certainly hoping it's not a case of going after those with peripheral ties. (For the record, that's Beth Elderkin, who wrote the io9 article about Vic.)

Either way, it's immensely unprofessional. Funny how #IStandWithVic tuts-tuts at Rial and Marchi's tweets, but can't apply the same standard for these goons. I wonder why?

User avatar
uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by uncutpokemon » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:43 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:53 pm
I sometimes feel like the only one who enjoys both the original music and the Falconer score.
You are indeed.

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 am
SaiyaSith wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 pm
The defendant has to prove that sexual assault happened.
Uh, no they don't? That was the entire point.
Vic is the one suing for defamation.

User avatar
Captain Awesome
I Live Here
Posts: 2606
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:31 am
Location: Australia, Planet Earth

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm

This is really unprofessional.

He's not breaking the law, but best practice dictates he sends an email, inquires whether he is retaining counsel and proceeds with service from there.

He's just being a bully and courting mob outrage.
[quote="Herms"]The first thing of DragonBall I ever saw was one of the segments where Goku is training on his way to Planet Namek. So I assumed Goku was a spaceship captain.[/quote]

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1282
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:26 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:01 pm
Cursed Lemon wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:08 am
SaiyaSith wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:07 pm
The defendant has to prove that sexual assault happened.
Uh, no they don't? That was the entire point.
Vic is the one suing for defamation.
Yes and he has to prove what is said about him was false and intended to harm. That is how it works

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm
This is really unprofessional.

He's not breaking the law, but best practice dictates he sends an email, inquires whether he is retaining counsel and proceeds with service from there.

He's just being a bully and courting mob outrage.
Vic's lawyer said that the people he is suing have already been public about the whole thing, so that's where they're keeping it. Here's the whole interview with a cameo from Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) at the the start: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m20s

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 pm

Elon Musk legitimately changed his profile pic to Edward Elric on lawsuit day... is this real life or a simulation?

Image

https://twitter.com/elonmusk

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:46 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:42 pm
Elon Musk legitimately changed his profile pic to Edward Elric on lawsuit day... is this real life or a simulation?

Image

https://twitter.com/elonmusk
It means we have the power of science and alchemy on our side.


...also Teslas...and money...lots and lots of money.


And possibly aliens if we do ever go to mars.
Last edited by Mooreish on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MozillaVulpix
Regular
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Captain Awesome wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm
This is really unprofessional.

He's not breaking the law, but best practice dictates he sends an email, inquires whether he is retaining counsel and proceeds with service from there.

He's just being a bully and courting mob outrage.
Vic's lawyer said that the people he is suing have already been public about the whole thing, so that's where they're keeping it. Here's the whole interview with a cameo from Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) at the the start: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m20s
Of course, fighting fire with fire instead of deciding maybe as a lawyer and not a voice actor being harassed on a daily basis on social media that maybe you should attempt to act more professional. Great conduct there. What a petty, arrogant man.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:47 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mooreish » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:49 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 pm
SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Captain Awesome wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm
This is really unprofessional.

He's not breaking the law, but best practice dictates he sends an email, inquires whether he is retaining counsel and proceeds with service from there.

He's just being a bully and courting mob outrage.
Vic's lawyer said that the people he is suing have already been public about the whole thing, so that's where they're keeping it. Here's the whole interview with a cameo from Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) at the the start: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m20s
Of course, fighting fire with fire instead of deciding maybe as a lawyer and not a voice actor being harassed on a daily basis on social media that maybe you should attempt to act more professional. Great conduct there. What a petty, arrogant man.
Sometimes you have to talk to a child like a child would.

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 pm
SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm
Captain Awesome wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:10 pm
This is really unprofessional.

He's not breaking the law, but best practice dictates he sends an email, inquires whether he is retaining counsel and proceeds with service from there.

He's just being a bully and courting mob outrage.
Vic's lawyer said that the people he is suing have already been public about the whole thing, so that's where they're keeping it. Here's the whole interview with a cameo from Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) at the the start: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m20s
Of course, fighting fire with fire instead of deciding maybe as a lawyer and not a voice actor being harassed on a daily basis on social media that maybe you should attempt to act more professional. Great conduct there. What a petty, arrogant man.
His argument is that they publicly defamed Vic for months and that his job is to reverse the damage, so he says it has to be public.

User avatar
MozillaVulpix
Regular
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:58 pm

SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 pm
MozillaVulpix wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 pm
SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Vic's lawyer said that the people he is suing have already been public about the whole thing, so that's where they're keeping it. Here's the whole interview with a cameo from Todd Haberkorn (Jaco) at the the start: https://youtu.be/mzP7TdTZHq8?t=1m20s
Of course, fighting fire with fire instead of deciding maybe as a lawyer and not a voice actor being harassed on a daily basis on social media that maybe you should attempt to act more professional. Great conduct there. What a petty, arrogant man.
His argument is that they publicly defamed Vic for months and that his job is to reverse the damage, so he says it has to be public.
Threatening someone with a lawsuit isn't 'reversing the damage'. It's intimidation. There's not even a way those two things could be considered equal.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

User avatar
SaiyaSith
Regular
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaiyaSith » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:00 pm

MozillaVulpix wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:58 pm
SaiyaSith wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 pm
MozillaVulpix wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:47 pm


Of course, fighting fire with fire instead of deciding maybe as a lawyer and not a voice actor being harassed on a daily basis on social media that maybe you should attempt to act more professional. Great conduct there. What a petty, arrogant man.
His argument is that they publicly defamed Vic for months and that his job is to reverse the damage, so he says it has to be public.
Threatening someone with a lawsuit isn't 'reversing the damage'. It's intimidation. There's not even a way those two things could be considered equal.
I don't think he's "threatening" a lawsuit, it's already happening and that person is now involved.

Locked