Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm

I might believe that if he hadn't been championing the "THE COURTS ARE THE ONLY WAY, THE ONLY REAL EVIDENCE IS 8K BLU-RAY RELEASES OF HIM GROPING PEOPLE, THE WORDS OF DOZENS OF WOMEN MEAN NOTHING" defense from the beginning. We covered "testimony counts as evidence" what, 150 pages ago, and he still doesn't get it? Yeah, no, I'm not going to treat him like he's arguing in good faith. He's just slipped under the radar longer.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4056
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Wed May 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm
He might not be saying that the allegations are false, just that there is not sufficient evidence to prove them in a court of law.
I find that to be a consistent argument from the StandWithVic side, that "If I don't think it can't be proven in the court of law, it didn't happen and they're lying". Which is... exceedingly frightful.
Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm
I might believe that if he hadn't been championing the "THE COURTS ARE THE ONLY WAY, THE ONLY REAL EVIDENCE IS 8K BLU-RAY RELEASES OF HIM GROPING PEOPLE, THE WORDS OF DOZENS OF WOMEN MEAN NOTHING" defense from the beginning. We covered "testimony counts as evidence" what, 150 pages ago, and he still doesn't get it? Yeah, no, I'm not going to treat him like he's arguing in good faith. He's just slipped under the radar longer.
I've said it before but I'll say it again for excelhedge. In the beginning, being skeptical of the claims against Vic was reasonable considering the circumstances at the time. But we've long since passed the point where there was so much mounting evidence from so many different sources, across such a wide breadth of time, that to stay on that viewpoint now is at best ignorant and at worst hateful and misogynistic.

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 am

Shaddy wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm
I might believe that if he hadn't been championing the "THE COURTS ARE THE ONLY WAY, THE ONLY REAL EVIDENCE IS 8K BLU-RAY RELEASES OF HIM GROPING PEOPLE, THE WORDS OF DOZENS OF WOMEN MEAN NOTHING" defense from the beginning. We covered "testimony counts as evidence" what, 150 pages ago, and he still doesn't get it? Yeah, no, I'm not going to treat him like he's arguing in good faith. He's just slipped under the radar longer.
Seriously, what if with you and putting words in other people's mouths? All your doing is making yourself out to be ignorant and in denial.

In response to what you said...

Yeah.

No.

A bunch of Anonymous Stories is not. Monica according to her legal documentation is relying on "I heard a bunch of stories on the Internet, they must be true" without a single actuall person behind it. Unless her Lawyer tracked down a bunch of these Anons and had thier stories actually vetted and have them testify in court. No Judge worth thier gavel is going to accept that.

Vic's case is soley based on her involvement in the defamation, he is relying on her numerous "verfied" tweets, documents taken from Funimation, testimonials from Conventions where she specifically put effort and threats to have him be cancelled. She should have listened to her original Legal Advise to "not Publicly talk about Vic"

It's pretty clear according to the Documents which side actually has a real chance of winning.

You're are worried about the allegations, focus on what the 2 Legal cases are actually about and what's being presented.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:36 pm
He might not be saying that the allegations are false, just that there is not sufficient evidence to prove them in a court of law.
Exactly what I'm saying.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:22 am

I AM ASKING YOU WHAT YOU BELIEVE. ARE THE ACCUSATIONS TRUE, OR AREN'T THEY? That should be a pretty fucking simple question to answer. I'm not asking the court case, I'm asking you. Because you keep avoiding giving a proper answer to that question, almost like you know that answer won't be tolerated here, so you skirt around it and try to divert attention and only subtly imply it, smugly remarking with things like "the courts will decide what's true" while also saying the "accused have no chance in court, they're just baseless rumors" (those aren't "words I'm putting in your mouth", you've said both these things). That very obviously betrays where your loyalties lie. I don't really care how many times you say "stop being mean to me" or "no ur just a LIARRR" when you're handling this shit so clumsily.

(Edit: made this more focused)
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
MozillaVulpix
Regular
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu May 16, 2019 8:45 am

Maybe those people might have a point if the only sources used by Monica's side are links to tumblr pages and twitter threads, but we also don't know what other forms of evidence they have? i.e: getting personal testimony from some of the people in those internet threads, any other things the Funimation internal investigation used.

If I twist my brain a bit, I can maybe understand Vic supporters thinking the only thing Funimation's side has for proof are anonymous testimonies published publicly online, and then having a bit of doubt would make sense, but...that's incredibly naive to think. Even if you just look at the sources they cite, the io9 article has testimony from real people. Just because they're hiding identities to avoid retaliation, it means their words don't count? Or Monica's lawyer didn't get real-life testimony from the same people?
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 am

Has there been a single Vic defense in this thread that doesn't involve "but where's the evidence???" or "you guys are being mean to me!!!"? It's telling that's all they have.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1863
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu May 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Look, i’m all for “innocent until proven guilty”. That should always be the main assumption one has to go with, but the sheer amount of allegations made against him, coupled with the visual evidence of photographs and video evidence out there, really makes it hard to defend him. Vic is guilty. Period. Sure, he didn’t “rape” anybody, but that’s not the point here. He made a great number of people (women mostly) greatly uncomfortable in many situations. And no official court has gotten involved. The holders of the dragon ball conventions have the full right to deny his presence from now on if they so choose. (Kinda like how private companies, like forums such as Kanzenshuu and Gamefaqs can freely choose to limit free speech to whatever standards they hold). You may not like it, and that’s certainly fine. But that’s the truth. I’m sure Vic can be a great guy at times, but he needs help.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Thu May 16, 2019 3:36 pm

EVERYONE believes in innocent until proven guilty. It's just that A. that's a legal proceeding when the law wasn't actually involved before, B. now that it IS involved, it's Vic who's making the accusations, so if it applies to anyone it's the victims, and C. innocent until proven guilty determines action, not belief. We believe the victims because there's dozens of different unrelated people all saying the same things about the same guy for ten years (along with the photos, videos, direct acknowledgement from the guy, etc), and saying there's nothing going on there is absolutely fucked. It doesn't really matter what happens on the legal front, the court doesn't determine what is obviously true.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 pm

So uh, I'm not about to go watch Blackface Lawyer to confirm this, but word on the block is that his latest stream revealed Vic hired four of Beard's lawyers for $400 an hour.

Depending on how long that's been going on, all those donations are already going down the drain.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4056
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Sun May 19, 2019 8:16 am

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 pm
So uh, I'm not about to go watch Blackface Lawyer to confirm this, but word on the block is that his latest stream revealed Vic hired four of Beard's lawyers for $400 an hour.

Depending on how long that's been going on, all those donations are already going down the drain.
The Black Bricks are a better investment than that!

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun May 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Image
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

User avatar
excelhedge
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:35 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by excelhedge » Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Welp I guess the owner of Vicmignognahorrorstories Tumblr caught wind that they were cited as a source in Monica's documents cuz they deleted the entire blog.

Hope Monica's team archived it all, cuz it's all gone.

User avatar
Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1011
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:40 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Saimaroimaru » Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 am

excelhedge wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 pm
Welp I guess the owner of Vicmignognahorrorstories Tumblr caught wind that they were cited as a source in Monica's documents cuz they deleted the entire blog.

Hope Monica's team archived it all, cuz it's all gone.
It is archived going all the way back to 2013 on waybackmachine. I checked it myself. Monica is good to go on that front as long as she knows about way back.

User avatar
DragonBallFan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by DragonBallFan » Tue May 21, 2019 1:26 am

Shaddy wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:36 pm
EVERYONE believes in innocent until proven guilty. It's just that A. that's a legal proceeding when the law wasn't actually involved before, B. now that it IS involved, it's Vic who's making the accusations, so if it applies to anyone it's the victims, and C. innocent until proven guilty determines action, not belief. We believe the victims because there's dozens of different unrelated people all saying the same things about the same guy for ten years (along with the photos, videos, direct acknowledgement from the guy, etc), and saying there's nothing going on there is absolutely fucked. It doesn't really matter what happens on the legal front, the court doesn't determine what is obviously true.
Even then you shouldn't be just believing people, when I first heard the accusations, I jumped straight to, "Oh, I hope he's locked in jail forever", then I turned more to the Vic side, but now, you can't take sides until you know the whole story, you can have an idea about something, but to strongly stand by that is ignorant, and to be quite frank, just dangerous. Look at the James Charles situation, there is always two sides to a story.

The extreme StandWithVic people (especially the youtubers), most of them are the worst and don't help the situation, but you know what? Same goes with Sean Schemmel and co, the way they have been acting is disgusting, it's almost like we are in pre school again spreading rumors and talking shit about people, not being able to take critisism, etc.

Dosens of people came out, but, a large portion(the facebook group) was fabricated, that looks VERY bad. Some of Vic's supports calling Monica and Sean names look so damn bad as well. What a cluster fuck of a situation.

True, Vic has had accusations over the years, but so has Sean. So Sean should be fired for being unprofessional, and Vic should go to jail, there everyone wins.

Shaddy, not I, not you, no one knows the whole story, the way the situation has been handled is appalling, this should have only come out to the public after the court case. You should NEVER take these things to social media where everyone is basically anonymous. Not only that, but the authorities should have been contacted when they let Vic go after deciding he was guilty.

To just believe is ignorant, which is something I know you probably don't like hearing, both sides should be looked at with skepticism. There's always a chance your throwing away an innocent persons life. As well as letting someone dangerous go. Unless you know these people, unless your 100% certain you know what happened, it's very self righteous to jump to conclusions and make up ones mind just because of people saying something on the internet, it should be handled in real life, not over the cluster fuck that is online.

Last, we don't know if they are victims, they are accusers, Vic is the accused, there's evidence for both sides, it looks as if fans have had problems with him for years, saying he's homophobic, etc, people have also said other things about the other VA's, to just focus on this and let the others get away with bad behavior is such a toxic thing to do. I've also seen people say it's weird for a grown man to be kissing young fans(boys and girls), yet Monica did the same. I think some people are forgetting that criminal acts can be done by anyone. What about all those children who were raped by their Nun's 50+ years ago and have come out recently? Where is the justice?

If your going to stand up for 'victims' and believe people on the spot, go help out those adults who were molested as children by their carers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQcbtLOcHtg don't just focus on one topic. Walk the walk.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 am

Wow, you're trying to call me wrong while also taking the moral high ground by saying I'm not active enough?

There is a lot to unpack with your post and I doubt I'll make any difference because people have told you why the shit you're pushing doesn't work, but I guess I'm taking that bait.

1. You can absolutely take sides without "knowing the whole story". Because sexual assault is a notoriously difficult to prove crime. There is countless people's testimony that says Vic's behavior is inappropriate, substantiated across tons of different places, from tons of different people, for years and years. There is no proper evidence of any of the accused just "all being liars" from any opposing viewpoint arguing in good faith. You fucking bet I'm going to listen to dozens of unrelated but similar stories about, let's be honest here, not the worst brand of sexual assault you could even see from a person, over the one dude saying "uhh n-no" and his base of harassing teenagers.

2. Nobody is obligated to be nice to their abusers, and telling them to do so to "mend the rift" as it were, is a complete endorsement of said abusers. That "tolerant of intolerance" rhetoric does not work, has never worked, and most people know this. Additionally, most of everything Monica and co. have done is condemn harassment, and tell their stories. That is to be expected, it's to be celebrated, because going public was the only way when more diplomatic means failed for decades previously.

3. The facebook page is a very obvious troll, made only to deliberately fuck with the credibility of the victims' stories. If you actually looked at what was shown, you could see that the one advocating for "fabricating evidence" was not only the most blatant fucking obvious "haha no really I'm with you and I hate him so let's do bad things" idiot imaginable, but was also universally accosted and told to fuck off by everyone there. It has zero leverage as evidence, only brought up in bad faith in a flimsy attempt to discredit years of this shit happening.

3. "But the authorities" doesn't fucking work! It was brought up with Funimation, it was brought up with con staff, and "hey this guy at a convention groped me" isn't going to mean much to police officers. There is no rape kit for a dude being a handsy sleazeball, and this defense has been bullshit since the last time you used it.

4. Sean has famously been possessive of the role of Goku and involved in some con drama. I have seen a total of (1) accusation of sexual assault from him, in the comments of the ANN article about Vic, months ago, with no further statements from that user. It's very possible they're telling the truth, and that should be taken seriously, but if you think that's comparable to Vic, you either believing the conspiracy theory or are rock stupid.

5. "To just believe is ignorant", when the only thing that substantiates the "it's all lies" campaign is Vic...saying so, and all his stupid followers believing him. I have looked at this with skepticism, I've done a ton of research looking around this stuff, and so have many of the other people in this thread. The only reason you characterize them as "ignorant" is because they disagree with you, and you want to push defense of Vic as "logical and insightful", when it's absolutely fucking bonkers by any measurable stretch of sexual assault cases throughout the years.

6. The victims are the accused right now. Vic has to prove them guilty of lying, not the other way around. Innocent until proven guilty applies in a court of law only, and it wasn't IN a court of law until VIC because the accuser. The victims didn't take him to court.

7. This "oh but what about the kids that were molested" shit has nothing to do with the Vic situation. Of course I care about people not being sexually assaulted, raped or molested, but this is the thread about Mic Vucking Fignogna sexually assaulting people.

8. You have absolutely fucking never been on anyone's side but Vic's. Your posts have only ever been the same enlightened centrist bullshit as every other hidden defender of his in this thread, and your posts have always taken the same angle for the last few months. You have nothing here. In fact, everything VegettoEX has already said still applies to this shitty post, right now.
VegettoEX wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:51 am
You're blaming the victims and engaging in whataboutism.

This is not OK.
VegettoEX wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:30 am
The "but but but what about ______________?!?" and "THE POLICE!!!" boogeymans are strong with some of y'all.

Saying "I'm so super unbiased and impartial and reasonable" alongside "I would be there to support them" doesn't add up, you know it doesn't add up, and you come across as absurdly disingenuous.
Long story short, fuck outta here with your bullshit. You have added nothing new to this discussion and only repeated nonsense talking points pushed by now-banned conspiracy theorists with no capacity for empathy or reason, and this discussion is long tired.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
DragonBallFan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by DragonBallFan » Tue May 21, 2019 5:25 am

Shaddy wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:38 am
Wow, you're trying to call me wrong while also taking the moral high ground by saying I'm not active enough?

There is a lot to unpack with your post and I doubt I'll make any difference because people have told you why the shit you're pushing doesn't work, but I guess I'm taking that bait.

1. You can absolutely take sides without "knowing the whole story". Because sexual assault is a notoriously difficult to prove crime. There is countless people's testimony that says Vic's behavior is inappropriate, substantiated across tons of different places, from tons of different people, for years and years. There is no proper evidence of any of the accused just "all being liars" from any opposing viewpoint arguing in good faith. You fucking bet I'm going to listen to dozens of unrelated but similar stories about, let's be honest here, not the worst brand of sexual assault you could even see from a person, over the one dude saying "uhh n-no" and his base of harassing teenagers.

2. Nobody is obligated to be nice to their abusers, and telling them to do so to "mend the rift" as it were, is a complete endorsement of said abusers. That "tolerant of intolerance" rhetoric does not work, has never worked, and most people know this. Additionally, most of everything Monica and co. have done is condemn harassment, and tell their stories. That is to be expected, it's to be celebrated, because going public was the only way when more diplomatic means failed for decades previously.

3. The facebook page is a very obvious troll, made only to deliberately fuck with the credibility of the victims' stories. If you actually looked at what was shown, you could see that the one advocating for "fabricating evidence" was not only the most blatant fucking obvious "haha no really I'm with you and I hate him so let's do bad things" idiot imaginable, but was also universally accosted and told to fuck off by everyone there. It has zero leverage as evidence, only brought up in bad faith in a flimsy attempt to discredit years of this shit happening.

3. "But the authorities" doesn't fucking work! It was brought up with Funimation, it was brought up with con staff, and "hey this guy at a convention groped me" isn't going to mean much to police officers. There is no rape kit for a dude being a handsy sleazeball, and this defense has been bullshit since the last time you used it.

4. Sean has famously been possessive of the role of Goku and involved in some con drama. I have seen a total of (1) accusation of sexual assault from him, in the comments of the ANN article about Vic, months ago, with no further statements from that user. It's very possible they're telling the truth, and that should be taken seriously, but if you think that's comparable to Vic, you either believing the conspiracy theory or are rock stupid.

5. "To just believe is ignorant", when the only thing that substantiates the "it's all lies" campaign is Vic...saying so, and all his stupid followers believing him. I have looked at this with skepticism, I've done a ton of research looking around this stuff, and so have many of the other people in this thread. The only reason you characterize them as "ignorant" is because they disagree with you, and you want to push defense of Vic as "logical and insightful", when it's absolutely fucking bonkers by any measurable stretch of sexual assault cases throughout the years.

6. The victims are the accused right now. Vic has to prove them guilty of lying, not the other way around. Innocent until proven guilty applies in a court of law only, and it wasn't IN a court of law until VIC because the accuser. The victims didn't take him to court.

7. This "oh but what about the kids that were molested" shit has nothing to do with the Vic situation. Of course I care about people not being sexually assaulted, raped or molested, but this is the thread about Mic Vucking Fignogna sexually assaulting people.

8. You have absolutely fucking never been on anyone's side but Vic's. Your posts have only ever been the same enlightened centrist bullshit as every other hidden defender of his in this thread, and your posts have always taken the same angle for the last few months. You have nothing here. In fact, everything VegettoEX has already said still applies to this shitty post, right now.
VegettoEX wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:51 am
You're blaming the victims and engaging in whataboutism.

This is not OK.
VegettoEX wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:30 am
The "but but but what about ______________?!?" and "THE POLICE!!!" boogeymans are strong with some of y'all.

Saying "I'm so super unbiased and impartial and reasonable" alongside "I would be there to support them" doesn't add up, you know it doesn't add up, and you come across as absurdly disingenuous.
Long story short, fuck outta here with your bullshit. You have added nothing new to this discussion and only repeated nonsense talking points pushed by now-banned conspiracy theorists with no capacity for empathy or reason, and this discussion is long tired.
Shaddy, your twisting things, I am not on Vic's side, I haven't been following the situation for a while now. I like the idea of believing victims, but that's not what was pushed a while ago, it was 'believe women', talk about being misogynistic.

Your in fact taking the moral high ground believing everyone going against your opinion is a piece of shit like that StandWithVic tuber "TheUmbrellaGuy". Your proving to everyone you can't think straight and basically your acting like a keyboard warrior. I'm more on Monica's side if anything, though I have every right to say the way she and everyone else handled the situation was disgusting. I never said victims owed the the abuser anything, I said it should have been reported to the authorities, not the internet where then they have neurotic people getting offended and swearing trying to show everyone that they are 'right' no matter what. Your not helping the victims by being like this.

What about how Jamie had been acting? Vic so far had kept quiet, I don't know about that facebook thing but it's obvious that even the media was out to get Vic anyway possible.

My point is Sean's been an asshole for years to numerous people as Vic has been physically inappropriate for years, my point is Vic should be locked up and Sean should be fired. There's nothing possessive about talking shit to people and not learning to control yourself, he still is like that even with Sabat.

If I'm an enlightened centrist, your a self righteous SJW, see? I can call you names as well, when your ready to talk like a normal person, feel free to properly reply back, but until then I'm not listening to a dumbass on the internet who's so closed minded and believes "there's no center, only this side or the other" who believes they're helping the victims and tries pathetically to call people out on being "absurdly disingenuous" . Fine, think that, Shaddy, do yourself a favor and pull your head out your ass, if you really want to help these people you would be more civil, there's a reason the extremists who lose their temper easily are usually not taking seriously, like the SJW's, because they make a mockery out of what they are fighting for, take a break, have some tea, just calm down before getting all worked up, I just want a civil conversation.

Whataboutism must be your way of saying trying to keep a cool head and not losing shit and getting overly emotional is a cop out. What about people like you? Your blaming the accused and engaging in whataboutism, and this is not OK.

VegettoEX just called you out on your bullshit as well.

It's shit that a lot of people have been actually done wrong and assaulted and what not and have not gotten justice, but there's also people who have taken advantage of the system where we just believe, there needs to be evidence whether it happened or not, and there will be if it has happened as many times as it has, but as you said, there's always a chance that it won't, regardless I feel as if victims stories should be heard through court, there has to be some witnesses. It's hard to prove these things yes, but in some of the stories told, there should have been at least one witness.

I understand you agree because it's multiple people coming out, which is perfectly fair, but there's always two sides to a story, it could of actually been worse and something hasn't actually been said yet. The problem with saying the facebook page was made by trolls is that it has been proved it wasn't, there have been fans that have had something against Vic for years from the looks of it, if they were lying, it's making it extremely hard for the people who were actually hurt.

User avatar
Xell
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:21 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Xell » Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 am

DragonBallFan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:25 am
My point is Sean's been an asshole for years to numerous people as Vic has been physically inappropriate for years, my point is Vic should be locked up and Sean should be fired. There's nothing possessive about talking shit to people and not learning to control yourself, he still is like that even with Sabat.
Who actually cares if Sean's been an asshole? That point is completely irrelevant. Do you really think the fact Sean sometimes spouts some passive aggressive opinions on Twitter or comes across rude to fans compares to the fact Vic has been accused of sexual harassment? Get your priorities straight..

I wonder if you would remain so impartial if a loved one of yours had been sexually harassed by Vic or just anyone in general. You're clearly someone who hasn't suffered the turmoil it causes and seem to believe men get a bad wrap because of false allegations.

Remaining impartial is respectable, and I would totally respect that if you weren't clearly demeaning the victim's claims by saying there's a lack of evidence. As Shaddy said:
1. You can absolutely take sides without "knowing the whole story". Because sexual assault is a notoriously difficult to prove crime. There is countless people's testimony that says Vic's behavior is inappropriate, substantiated across tons of different places, from tons of different people, for years and years. There is no proper evidence of any of the accused just "all being liars" from any opposing viewpoint arguing in good faith. You fucking bet I'm going to listen to dozens of unrelated but similar stories about, let's be honest here, not the worst brand of sexual assault you could even see from a person, over the one dude saying "uhh n-no" and his base of harassing teenagers.

User avatar
DragonBallFan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by DragonBallFan » Tue May 21, 2019 6:30 am

Xell wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 6:02 am
DragonBallFan wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 5:25 am
My point is Sean's been an asshole for years to numerous people as Vic has been physically inappropriate for years, my point is Vic should be locked up and Sean should be fired. There's nothing possessive about talking shit to people and not learning to control yourself, he still is like that even with Sabat.
Who actually cares if Sean's been an asshole? That point is completely irrelevant. Do you really think the fact Sean sometimes spouts some passive aggressive opinions on Twitter or comes across rude to fans compares to the fact Vic has been accused of sexual harassment? Get your priorities straight..

I wonder if you would remain so impartial if a loved one of yours had been sexually harassed by Vic or just anyone in general. You're clearly someone who hasn't suffered the turmoil it causes and seem to believe men get a bad wrap because of false allegations.

Remaining impartial is respectable, and I would totally respect that if you weren't clearly demeaning the victim's claims by saying there's a lack of evidence. As Shaddy said:
1. You can absolutely take sides without "knowing the whole story". Because sexual assault is a notoriously difficult to prove crime. There is countless people's testimony that says Vic's behavior is inappropriate, substantiated across tons of different places, from tons of different people, for years and years. There is no proper evidence of any of the accused just "all being liars" from any opposing viewpoint arguing in good faith. You fucking bet I'm going to listen to dozens of unrelated but similar stories about, let's be honest here, not the worst brand of sexual assault you could even see from a person, over the one dude saying "uhh n-no" and his base of harassing teenagers.
Of course the Vic situation is the priority here, obviously the situation is so much more serious than the example I gave, but I was just saying, not just Vic, but more people should be eventually cracked down on.

I do have a loved one who was raped, I have friends as well who've had misdeeds done to them. I've seen and met the person in person and I know they are a manipulative shit head. Here, I don't know, there's a cluster fuck of stuff being said and what not it's so hard to follow. So I appologise for any mistakes I may have made.

With that said, I have also had someone close who was falsely accused, and jailed. I have been touched and pocked in places I haven't given consent to be touched.

I'm not demeaning Monica's statements, it's the others that I'm skeptical of, Monica is going ahead with a law suite, I actually tip on her side if anything, what irritates me are the people trolling the StandwithVic making fun of the situation and baiting them, it doesn't look good for their side, and if Vic is proven guilty but somehow gets off because of this, it will drive me insane.

It is difficult to prove the crime, yes, but like I said, I've basically had a mixture of everything happening around me in my life, I want to be careful and I want there to be justice, that's why I don't want to behave the way Shaddy does.

Some of the stories said that some of the assaults happened around people, there should be some witnesses that haven't said anything because they are saving for court, which I'm happy for. It's not without prove.

Thank you for being civil.

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1030
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 am

I sure do love people dropping by trying to emphasize just how excruciatingly nonbiased and impartial they are about this issue.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

User avatar
DragonBallFan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:34 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by DragonBallFan » Tue May 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:03 am
I sure do love people dropping by trying to emphasize just how excruciatingly nonbiased and impartial they are about this issue.
Our experiences shape how we see the situation, I have admitted to being more on the Vic side a few months ago, I chose not to look at anymore of the articles and news that had come out since then because it was triggering. I recently have been looking through and I do tip towards Monica's side, not some of the others though, and I have my reasons for that.

Having the mental state of "your either with us or against us" is silly, this is a messy situation, you have the youtubers who admit to wanting to troll and poke fun at the KickVics, and then you have the people on twitter baiting the StandWithVics. It's a shit show out there, with so many people acting very immature about the situation it's hard personally for me to know what's the right side, so I prefer to stand closer to the middel, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Being sarcastic doesn't push any of your agendas to the forefront.

Post Reply