Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:37 pm

sailorspazz wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:07 pm
Guys, guys...we got some proof that the "casting couch" story is true!

Image

As in, Vic totally cast his side chick in a series he was the ADR director for :lol: Truly Huber's affidavit is a treasure trove of stuff that's just as damaging to the guy he's trying to defend as the people who are speaking out against him.
I remember the Marzgurl tweet that's quoted there, but never saw the actual credits. :lol

(For the record, this is the "Chelsea Beard" referenced in earlier documents. It bears repeating she has no relation to Ty Beard.)

User avatar
EXBadguy
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: NJ, 'MERICA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 am

Sooo...it looks like Chuckie Huber's affidavit is getting withdrawn today.
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:19 pm

EXBadguy wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:04 am
Sooo...it looks like Chuckie Huber's affidavit is getting withdrawn today.
What was the affidavit again?

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:48 pm

The Defendants' Omnibus Response to the TCPA has been filed.

As illustrated by Mike Dunford, Mr. Lemoine does not hold back.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:48 pm
The Defendants' Omnibus Response to the TCPA has been filed.

As illustrated by Mike Dunford, Mr. Lemoine does not hold back.
Any highlights for us?

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:05 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:55 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:48 pm
The Defendants' Omnibus Response to the TCPA has been filed.

As illustrated by Mike Dunford, Mr. Lemoine does not hold back.
Any highlights for us?
I'm just about to get off my lunch, so I can't get into detail other than Beard committing notary fraud when he didn't have to.

Trust me, it's worth the read.

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 2645
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:20 pm

Alright, so, on the subject of those casting couch rumors that ISWV is trying to push, I just stumbled across an interview that Stephanie Nadolny did earlier this year, and not only does she say that she doesn’t know why she was fired, but she offered a theory for why it happened, and it has nothing to do with Chris Sabat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8Ry6ssUjAg

If anyone cares, she starts talking about it around the 15:50 mark.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:59 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:20 pm
Alright, so, on the subject of those casting couch rumors that ISWV is trying to push, I just stumbled across an interview that Stephanie Nadolny did earlier this year, and not only does she say that she doesn’t know why she was fired, but she offered a theory for why it happened, and it has nothing to do with Chris Sabat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8Ry6ssUjAg

If anyone cares, she starts talking about it around the 15:50 mark.
I mean to be fair this doesn’t sound much better, a person saying they are going to ruin her career. She also doesn’t name any names so the person could be from Funimation Chris or otherwise

Of course there may be other reasons like she had issues with the law for DUIs and she may not want to say that so being vague and saying someone ruined her career might sound better


It’s still all speculation at this point. Also just looking up her voice acting credits she didn’t do much besides Kid Gohan.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2354
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:05 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:59 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:20 pm
Alright, so, on the subject of those casting couch rumors that ISWV is trying to push, I just stumbled across an interview that Stephanie Nadolny did earlier this year, and not only does she say that she doesn’t know why she was fired, but she offered a theory for why it happened, and it has nothing to do with Chris Sabat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... 8Ry6ssUjAg

If anyone cares, she starts talking about it around the 15:50 mark.
I mean to be fair this doesn’t sound much better, a person saying they are going to ruin her career. She also doesn’t name any names so the person could be from Funimation Chris or otherwise

Of course there may be other reasons like she had issues with the law for DUIs and she may not want to say that so being vague and saying someone ruined her career might sound better


It’s still all speculation at this point. Also just looking up her voice acting credits she didn’t do much besides Kid Gohan.
The implication was the ex was someone she DIDN’t work with.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1332
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kinokima » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Well implication or not she has been liking certain tweets that very much indicate it was her that sent that message to Nick.

But I am also hearing not only was she arrested multiple times for DUI but that she also may have stolen stuff from Funi.

This is definitely way more of a he said/she said situation then anything with Vic.

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:44 pm

Hoo boy -- y'all thought that Omnibus Response was the only filing for today? That was just the tip of the iceberg!

Jamie Marchi Response (This one's straight fire -- if you only have time to skim one, ensure it's this.)
Rial and Toye Response
Reply in Support of Rial and Toye Response

Mike Dunford gets into the Reply motion, but in the meantime, here's some highlights:
"Whereas Jamie’s Motion sets forth legal and factual bases for application of the TCPA
and Plaintiff’s evidentiary shortcomings, Plaintiff – on the other hand – chose to put before this
Court tabloid storytelling, illegitimate argument, and either no evidence or inadmissible evidence
in a manner that begs the question whether Plaintiff even cares to prevail against Jamie’s Motion
in the first place. This Reply is Jamie’s effort to clean up the issues – if any even remain – in order
for the Court to find that dismissal under the TCPA is the only outcome allowed pursuant to Texas
law."
"Plaintiff inexplicably claims that there is no evidence in the Court’s record to
establish that he is – at a minimum – a limited-purpose public figure. Without admitting to the
admissibility thereof, Plaintiff’s own evidence attached to his Response clarifies that his
transgressions have been public for years upon years and that people, including those discussing
it and those other than the immediate participants, are likely to feel the impact of its resolution.11
That Plaintiff would dispute the fact that he has “more than a trivial or tangential role” in this
matter and that the alleged defamation by Jamie is “germane to Plaintiff’s participation in the
controversy” is beyond belief."
"Rather than addressing in any rational manner the clear
and specific case made for why Jamie’s statements relate to health, safety, and community well-
being, Plaintiff chose instead to shame Jamie for her silence – a silence brought about from
Plaintiff’s reputation, power in their industry, and the weight of carrying what Plaintiff did to her and others.12 Plaintiff’s “defense” or “response” to this truth is so shocking that it merits singling
out from the nearly page-long paragraph in which it hides:

If she was so concerned about her safety and health and was concerned about the
safety and health of what she claims are past and future victims, then why did she
wait years to make her statement?


Of note is that Plaintiff here admits that Jamie’s statement does concern health and safety,
but merely criticizes how long it took her to speak out. This is neither a factual nor a legal argument
from Plaintiff, only the retort of a person so bereft of empathy and humanity that they would rather
shame a victim for her trauma than engage in the discourse expected of parties and counsel
involved in litigation. Jamie’s statement was made well before the specter of Plaintiff’s lawsuit
(and his quarter-million-dollar war chest helmed by a faraway alleged Minnesota attorney) hung
over her head, and in it she stated her very clear and unequivocal purpose, which is certainly worth
reiterating in this Reply:

...But, in this moment, I want the others to who I know are out there to hear this: it wasn’t just you. It’s okay if you didn’t say anything, to him or anyone else. You are not responsible for what happened. You do not have to be dismissive, ashamed, or afraid. Also, I hope if anyone ever goes through a similar experience, they will know from the start that their body is not up for debate. Their body is not property of the most popular person in the room. Their body is not responsible for a company, or a show, or an artform. Their body is most definitely not responsible for the reputation and livelihood of a predator.

Plaintiff would have been better served by not responding at all."
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
EXBadguy
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1650
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:24 pm
Location: NJ, 'MERICA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:24 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:16 pm
Well implication or not she has been liking certain tweets that very much indicate it was her that sent that message to Nick.

But I am also hearing not only was she arrested multiple times for DUI but that she also may have stolen stuff from Funi.

This is definitely way more of a he said/she said situation then anything with Vic.
She just got back on Twitter too. Maybe she got hacked by a VicStan or something just by liking all of those pro vic statuses. Unless she makes a official statement on the Funi gang, I'll continue to believe that her thievery and court cases are the reasons why she got fired.

Anyway, today was a good day. Ty Beard got his dumbass exposed for just getting rid of his affidavits!
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:35 pm

Wow, today just keeps giving: the judge already overruled Vic's Motion to Strike! And as pointed out by Greg, it only took, uh, two hours.

Image

(Meanwhile, Screech attempts damage control with possibly his biggest self-own yet.)

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8830
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:36 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:44 pm
Hoo boy -- y'all thought that Omnibus Response was the only filing for today? That was just the tip of the iceberg!

*lots and lots of really great, hilarious stuff*
Ho-ly crap. :lol: That took like no time at all. So much for this looking like a 'definite win' for Vic, huh Rekieta? Though I'm sure he's going to either spin this as one somehow or another, or he'll start complaining about the judge clearly being an evil SJW or some other crap.

Like, I'm not one that I usually can understand legal speak, but a lot of this I actually am able to read through and understand well enough, and just...damn man. :clap:

My personal favorite is from a bit you quoted yourself actually though.
This is neither a factual nor a legal argument
from Plaintiff, only the retort of a person so bereft of empathy and humanity that they would rather
shame a victim for her trauma than engage in the discourse expected of parties and counsel
involved in litigation. ... Plaintiff would have been better served by not responding at all.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 2645
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:54 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:16 pm
Well implication or not she has been liking certain tweets that very much indicate it was her that sent that message to Nick.

But I am also hearing not only was she arrested multiple times for DUI but that she also may have stolen stuff from Funi.

This is definitely way more of a he said/she said situation then anything with Vic.
She also apparently liked a few KickVic tweets from back in the beginning of the year. That’s weird.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4632
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:33 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:44 pm
Plaintiff would have been better served by not responding at all."
I wonder how often it is that you get direct legal advice from a judge like this?

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2354
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MasenkoHA » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:20 pm

I...I’m not quite sure Nadolny knows how Twitter works?

This is just based on looking at her most recent activity.

User avatar
MozillaVulpix
Regular
Posts: 667
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MozillaVulpix » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 pm

I just hope this means things are going to start drawing to a close soon.

The *drama* won't be over, but nothing after the case is dismissed will actually be news that's worth my time to keep following.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

User avatar
PhoenixEX
Regular
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am
Location: New York

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:05 pm

Even though I may have my own opinions on things, I'm definitely going to respect whatever the outcome is and move on from this entire episode. I can only hope that both sides will also do the same and we're able to put all of this behind us.
One World. 🌐 🕊

ssj4
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:22 pm

Stephanie's tweet likes are concerning

Locked