Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1867
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm

So now all that money those basement dwellers, who spend their lives wacking it to YellowFlash2's anti-SJW rants, donated to Vic is going to the very people they hate the most. :lol:

And regarding Vic's appeal, we need a new word for this kind of screwing yourself over. It's way past ascended at this point. This has gone even further beyond.

Prepare the popcorn, everyone. Salty tears for drinks. This is gonna be one hell of a glorious shit storm.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Scsigs » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:21 pm

Valerius Dover wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm
So now all that money those basement dwellers, who spend their lives wacking it to YellowFlash2's anti-SJW rants, donated to Vic is going to the very people they hate the most. :lol:

And regarding Vic's appeal, we need a new word for this kind of screwing yourself over. It's way past ascended at this point. This has gone even further beyond.

Prepare the popcorn, everyone. Salty tears for drinks. This is gonna be one hell of a glorious shit storm.
I mean, we have screwing the pooch, jumping the shark, then nuking the fridge. So, what could we call this? :lol:
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:17 pm

While the motion to dismiss Vic's appeal's the latest news, there's actually been quite a few developments over the past couple days. Let's review:

-Remember Chris Slatosch from KamehaCon? Monica and Ron's lawyer filed a motion to subpoena him, which Beard's trying to quash. Why the sudden interest in Slatosch? According to Lemoine's motion, there's good reason to believe he not only committed perjury in his testimony (mainly regarding the infamous allegation of the defendants' interference with Vic's contract), but did so at the behest of Beard's solicitation; in other words, there may be potential intimidation/blackmail going on here.

-Screech's response? He, uh, suggests that Slatosch should file his own TCPA filing for the purposes of hilarity and pissing off the judge. I'm not exaggerating -- he legitimately thinks it'd be hilarious. Putting aside the fact Slatosch's a non-party, I'd like to think the rhetoric here's more emblematic of #ISWV than anything else.

-Speaking of grifters, a new convention by the name of Otaku World Expo recently announced they'd be hosting Vic. The first sign something was off was when this was not only "achieved" by fan retweets, but by merely observing their announcement tweet. The second sign was by simply browsing their webpage -- a veritable portal into 90's web-design and bereft of any relevant information not involving super-expensive passes.

Needless to say, despite Vic stans moving goalposts and celebrating this invite as Vic salvaging his career/reputation the ensuing investigation unveiled some, uh, telling information.

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm

FUNimation has filed their motion for Sanctions and Attorneys Fees/Costs. As always, Mike Dunford's set for a livetweet breakdown later tonight, but for anyone looking to browse it on their on, some things to keep in mind:

- It's worth reminding this is just FUNimation's request for sanctions; in other words, Monica/Ron and Jamie have yet to file theirs.

- FUNi's fee requests are briefly summarized here -- it'll probably amount to over 200,000 in all, and that's not even getting into appeal costs. (I've heard this'll amount to another hundred thousand?)

- In case you hadn't figured out it's a bad idea for Rekieta and Beard to ramble endlessly about the case on YouTube, a post-hearing transcript's provided to illustrate how they're still grifting money after the dismissal. As Rekieta's GoFundMe meant Vic navigated around forking over exorbitant legal fees, that's incentive alone to follow through.

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:45 pm

The filings just won't stop! Monica/Ron and Jamie have filed their respective sanctions; as usual, their lawyers don't come to play.

Image

Image

Image

Image

(For additional lols, a new lawyer on Vic's team demanded Lemoine -- Monica/Ron's lawyer -- fork over legal fees. He wasn't having it.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8760
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Image
D...Damn. Just damn. :lol:

It's probably a pretty safe assumption that, irregardless of the fairly large body of work Vic's done up to this point, that the amount of money he's going to end up paying here isn't exactly going to be easy for him to fork out, right? Even if he's wisely been saving up money for decades now, I can't imagine that nearly a million dollars is going to be something he's easily able to spend and not feel the hurt.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

Ryuji-Otogi
Banned
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 3:30 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Ryuji-Otogi » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:35 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:28 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:45 pm
Image
D...Damn. Just damn. :lol:

It's probably a pretty safe assumption that, irregardless of the fairly large body of work Vic's done up to this point, that the amount of money he's going to end up paying here isn't exactly going to be easy for him to fork out, right? Even if he's wisely been saving up money for decades now, I can't imagine that nearly a million dollars is going to be something he's easily able to spend and not feel the hurt.
For sure. Anime voice actors definitely aren’t rich. A guy like Chris Sabat might be moderately wealthy at best, but he’s like upper level management and ADR director, script writer and all kinds of stuff for many different shows on top of his voice work.

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:39 pm

So it turns out Slatosch won't be deposed for the time being as, according to Chupp, it'd potentially complicate the current case. Again, "for the time being" is essential -- he specifically states things may very well turn out differently for appeal hearings.

Of course, whether that'll get off the ground has recently come into question -- not only did Beard fumble in paying up for appeals (consequently meaning they'll dismiss appeals next unless he corrects this), but some digging around revealed Vic made an ill-advised trust agreement with Beard. (Start here, then read down the thread.)

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1029
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:28 pm

Not directly related to the case, but I thought it was interesting that John Oliver did a video about SLAPP suits. LegalEagle also did a supplementary video. Both videos deal a bit with defamation.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

User avatar
SHINOBI-03
I Live Here
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:47 am
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SHINOBI-03 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:05 pm

My Dragon Ball Story (500th post)
My Anime List
My Manga List
Big Momma wrote:This is Daizex. There's gonna be complaints and groaning no matter what. ;)
Anime Insider magazine wrote:If police officers in the future dress like prostitutes, then what do prostitutes in the future wear?

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:35 pm

SHINOBI-03 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:05 pm
Get ready everyone
https://twitter.com/SharonFGrigsby/stat ... 9816548352
Vic has two shirt buttons undone, he doesn't have a tie, and he didn't even zip up his pants.

I'm on the spectrum, and even I can tell how silly that looks :( .
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:36 pm

There's been numerous Twitter threads from attendees, but I found these two struck the best balance between being concise and comprehensive.

I will say this much: if Vic didn't know how screwed he was before, he definitely does now. (And yes, he once again admitted not reading his own lawsuit.)

Although, it doesn't look like Lemoine and co.'s sanctions argument regarding the GFM went through? Shame.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:49 pm

Yeah, Chupp laid some sick burns on Lemoine, there (in addition to Martinez).

No surprise, really. Chupp's pretty no-nonsense about things, so he probably didn't appreciate stuff like the "dumpster fire" PowerPoint.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:37 pm

The Dallas News report is up.

Reading this, I think I see where the defense's argument fell apart: they claimed Vic conspired with Rekieta over the GoFundMe despite how completely oblivious he was towards his own lawsuit. (As we all just witnessed once more.)

'm no lawyer, so I have no idea how they've could've gone about the "Vic didn't pay a cent thanks to the GFM, so we should sanction him for that and more" angle, but at the very least I'm content knowing a sexual predator lost his case -- with the added bonus of finally recognizing how boned he is.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:42 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:37 pm
The Dallas News report is up.

Reading this, I think I see where the defense's argument fell apart: they claimed Vic conspired with Rekieta over the GoFundMe despite how completely oblivious he was towards his own lawsuit. (As we all just witnessed once more.)

'm no lawyer, so I have no idea how they've could've gone about the "Vic didn't pay a cent thanks to the GFM, so we should sanction him for that and more" angle, but at the very least I'm content knowing a sexual predator lost his case -- with the added bonus of finally recognizing how boned he is.
Indeed. He needed to be fired; there was just no getting around that. We need higher standards of safety for all our fans.

This case set a precedent. You don't get to just do as you please anymore, even if you're Vic Mignogna.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:38 pm

So, what exactly happened yesterday?

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2626
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:24 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:38 pm
So, what exactly happened yesterday?
Nothing much. The highlights were...

1) Vic proved himself absolutely clueless about his own lawsuit (and possibly threw Nick under the bus with his "I foolishly believe everyone is my friend" line)

2) Chupp was appalled by an extremely poorly thought out asset protection scheme by Vic & Beard. Even Martinez was taken aback (as he apparently had been left in the dark by his own co-counsel).

3) Chupp was a little snippy with both Martinez & Lemoine. Martinez because he asked dumb questions like "why would a TCPA expert need to do research on TCPA law?", and Lemoine (Monica & Toye's lawyer) because he's a sarcastic troll who does childish stuff like making a "dumpster fire PowerPoint" (no seriously; he did that during the October hearing).

Also because he charged more than Marchi's lawyer, though that may've been justified.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 2109
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:03 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:24 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:38 pm
So, what exactly happened yesterday?
Nothing much. The highlights were...

1) Vic proved himself absolutely clueless about his own lawsuit (and possibly threw Nick under the bus with his "I foolishly believe everyone is my friend" line)

2) Chupp was appalled by an extremely poorly thought out asset protection scheme by Vic & Beard. Even Martinez was taken aback (as he apparently had been left in the dark by his own co-counsel).

3) Chupp was a little snippy with both Martinez & Lemoine. Martinez because he asked dumb questions like "why would a TCPA expert need to do research on TCPA law?", and Lemoine (Monica & Toye's lawyer) because he's a sarcastic troll who does childish stuff like making a "dumpster fire PowerPoint" (no seriously; he did that during the October hearing).

Also because he charged more than Marchi's lawyer, though that may've been justified.
Well, now I’m back to feeling somewhat sorry for Mignogna. I assumed he was in on all the nonsense that people like Rekieta were pulling, but it’s starting to seem like he himself was being scammed.

Before anyone says anything, I’m not saying ISWV. I just think the position he’s in right now is kind of pitiable.

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2426
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Scsigs » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:15 am

WittyUsername wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:03 am
Well, now I’m back to feeling somewhat sorry for Mignogna. I assumed he was in on all the nonsense that people like Rekieta were pulling, but it’s starting to seem like he himself was being scammed.

Before anyone says anything, I’m not saying ISWV. I just think the position he’s in right now is kind of pitiable.
Rekieta seemed to be manipulating him. Other people have said other lawyers have told him he has no case, but Rekieta convinced him he did. Vic had all 12 of his cases dismissed over a month ago. That must've been a big blow to him. It caused him to rethink everything. Considering how woefully unprofessional Rekieta has been, he was probably using Vic for clout to get his name out there regardless of if they won or not & make a buck off him while he was at it. Sad.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:43 am

To say he "rethought everything" is a bit of a stretch. I'm pretty sure someone told him how fucked he was and that's what got him off the Icky Nicky train. If there were really a time that Vic was gonna rethink everything, it was gonna be when people were personally talking to him about his behavior, years before all this happened.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

Post Reply