Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3836
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:03 am

I was so hoping for Ocean dub news, lol.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am
Enjoy unboxing crap :thumbup:. Your continued support for crap will give us more crap for many years to come! :clap:.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:17 am

This is getting out of hand
https://twitter.com/AaronRobertsYes/sta ... 8673077250
Aaron Roberts@AaronRobertsYes
Follow Follow @AaronRobertsYes
More
A Vic supporter sent my mom an email, claiming that they had hacked my computer, and threatened to show the world laptop camera footage of me masturbating unless I gave them $700.
A. Don't threaten me with a GOOD TIME.
B. Joke's on you. I got a band-aid over that sucker.
C. WTF?
There are some more serious threats, but I am waiting to find the video that it posted on to verify
There are legit threats now
Image It seems this comment has been deleted or reported (I have reported some other threats against her as well) So I cannot site this, but its in one of YellowFlash 2's videos on the subject.
Last edited by eledoremassis02 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2792
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kunzait_83 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:20 am

Doctor. wrote:Both you and Kunzait missed the point. I'll reword it in a way you can understand, since apparently you're having difficulty understanding someone who is way out of his depth: when discussing with people one-on-one, don't assume everything about their character and life based on broad generalizations; this, in no way, means I am inherently against every kind of generalization. In case you need a reminder, here's what I said to him:
Doctor. wrote:You Americans always take your online politics so seriously; you don't win anything by calling a random person online a piece of shit for not sharing your, usually, black-and-white worldview. There's nothing to gain by painting people from across the ocean with such a broad brush.
In other words, "you, Kunzait, confirm my belief that Americans generally take online politics seriously" and not "Due to my belief that Americans take online politics seriously, you without a doubt must also be in the same bucket." If you can't see the difference, then I'm sorry, because confirming the generalization through the individual is different from applying the generalization to the individual.

And, for the sake of argument, even if I were being hypocritical, it is still a far-cry from Kunzait's arm-chair psychoanalysis of someone he knows nothing about:
Kunzait_83 wrote:The most GENEROUS possible reading I can conceivably give your mindset in playing contrarian against all of this is that perhaps you're someone who is (by and large overall) socially isolated and somewhere on the spectrum who spends a large chunk of their time online and has watched WAY too many "anti-SJW" rant videos on youtube, and have thus gotten yourself into a knee-jerk conservative reactionary mindset for these kinds of topics.

[...]

"impressionable and socially inexperienced and isolated/alienated loner kid who may or may not have some vague developmental disability is just watching waaaaaaaay too much of the wrong Youtube channels with his surplus of free time"

[...]

"I have no friends and no social life and no real clue whatsoever about how basic social interactions between everyday people in the real world work, and I instead spend all day in front of a computer mainlining videos of people like Ben Shapiro, Stefan Molyneux, Jordan Peterson, and Sargon of Akkad owning the SJWs with 'logic and facts', and thus have mastered the art responding to anything that even VAGUELY smells of libtard snowflakery to me - no matter how obviously serious of a real issue it actually is - with snide, passive aggressive pedantry and concern trolling".
This is different from making an inference on cultural differences based on objective information such as someone's nationality or social class. Saying "because you're part of groups I am not a part of, we think differently" is different from "because I think you're part of a group I am not a part of, you're a piece of shit."
Oooookay.... so....

Since all of this more or less ties directly in with the PM you (Doctor) had sent me the other night, I'm going to just respond to both the substance of the PM and this above quote right here all in one fell swoop. Sound good?

So let's start with this first:
Kunzait_83 wrote:And this is Chan/Reactionary-speak for "I have no friends and no social life and no real clue whatsoever about how basic social interactions between everyday people in the real world work, and I instead spend all day in front of a computer mainlining videos of people like Ben Shapiro, Stefan Molyneux, Jordan Peterson, and Sargon of Akkad owning the SJWs with 'logic and facts', and thus have mastered the art responding to anything that even VAGUELY smells of libtard snowflakery to me - no matter how obviously serious of a real issue it actually is - with snide, passive aggressive pedantry and concern trolling".
This was a clear and direct response to this earlier bit from you here:
Doctor. wrote:This is wokespeak for "I don't want to debate your position because it makes me feel uncomfortable so I'm just gonna passive-aggressively show how I'm morally superior to you."
Lets get the obvious out of the way up front here: I did some (blatantly and deliberately pronounced) straw-manning of you here in that particular quote there at least partly as a direct counter against you YOURSELF straw-manning another poster (very needlessly and gratuitously) with the whole "wokespeak" remark. At least part of my intent here was to demonstrate to you how remarkably easy, cheap, and oftentimes silly/unfair it is to fall back on loaded ad-homs of that nature in lieu of actually taking on the substance of their point. And yes, I was also partly hazarding a VERY broad guess based on a whole heaping ton of things you've said on both social and political topics (in both this thread and on the forums in general).

Make no mistake here: from the very beginning of your contributions to this thread you have demonstrated continually that you very clearly have no problems whatsoever dishing out cheap, dimestore, and obviously loaded polemics - that HEAVILY skew in a certain political direction that is almost impossible at this point to play coy about - when it suits you, but can't take it when someone DARES have the gall to take your own loaded words (and some of the VERY unsubtle implications behind them) to make personal assumptions about YOUR character.

To put it in the bluntest possible terms: what you're doing here - knowingly or not - is a CLASSIC (and VERY familiar at this point) 4chan/reactionary standby of casually throwing out loaded, rightward/reactionary-skewed polemics within a highly sensitive topic, then turning around when people get (understandably and justifiably) "heated" at you for it by acting innocent, hurt, and yes, victimized about it.

e.g. "Sexual assault is horrible absolutely... but many of these examples are just people being sensitive snowflakes and getting triggered over absolutely nothing. After all, we all know that only far left liberal elites get set off by this shit, amirite?"

*Five minutes after people call them out for both their framing and clearly pointed use of language/terminology*

"What? Me? Reactionary? Right wing? 4chan? Trolling? Goodness no! I'm just stating an honest and perfectly valid opinion! You see? Just like typical American liberal elites, getting touchy and sensitive over nothing!

...

...what? What'd I say?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: "


If you are indeed as genuinely and sincerely clueless about any of this as you're claiming you are, if you are indeed simply just BY SHEER FUCKING INCIDENTAL HAPPENSTANCE falling into a NUMBER of cliched, boilerplate, go-to 4chan-esque reactionary tropes, talking points, and rhetorical techniques - within a thread about a sexual assault scandal no less - then at a bare minimum you MUST take our word for it that you are indeed, on SOME level here, demonstrating an IMMENSE degree of denseness and lack of self-awareness. On an honestly stupefying, Mr. Magoo-scale order of myopic magnitude.

You want to know why when you spoke, my mind almost immediately went to the likes of Ben Shapiro, Stefan Molyneux, and Jordan Peterson? Because you casually bandy about loaded claims and terminology willy-nilly, then when called on it immediately play ridiculous rhetorical games and make (what at least APPEAR to be) grossly disingenuous claims along the lines of "No, not me! I'm not being a reactionary! Heavens no! I'm just trying to have an honest debate here, and the SJW brigade is trying to lynch me for just speaking my mind!" that are in many ways almost EXACTLY of the similar type that the most ardent fans of jackasses like those guys tend to most often gravitate to.

If you don't want people to draw parallels between your own rhetoric and reactionary-framing and that of a group of well-known internet right wing reactionaries, then don't fucking continually engage in a very particular and extremely distinctive style of passive-aggressive semantics and pedantry that makes you sound almost exactly like one of their legions of online acolytes.

And yes like I said, this behavioral pattern and stated worldviews of yours is hardly limited to just this one thread. Over in another very recent thread maybe a day or two ago, you've said:
Doctor. wrote:Anime appeals to the young outcasts, who are pushing back against the social climate the older millennials have established throughout the last ten years, resorting to extremism and reactionary world views to make their voices heard.
This is CLEARLY indicating that if you yourself are indeed not a right wing reactionary, then you are at a bare minimum at least SYMPATHETIC to them. Which at this point in time, given the horrific (and yes, in many cases quite literally lethal) impact that the proliferation of their ideas and rhetoric is having on society, that is effectively a distinction without a difference.

And it also clearly indicates that you on at least SOME level buy into the very same backward-ass inverted social/political framing that is, once again, put forth by the likes of IDW-figures such as Peterson, Shapiro, Molyneux et al, which more or less basically amounts to:

"Well OF COURSE there are lots of alienated young men today who are gravitating to extremist reactionary ideals like Neo Nazi-ism, rape apologetics, racial pseudoscience, anarcho-capitalism, and strict rigid enforcement of 'traditional gender norms': some hysterical blue-haired college kids said something about rape and misogyny I didn't like, and some Youtube Feminist said that video games are sexist! TOTALLY logical and proportional leap for ANYONE to make!"

Even if you yourself might think that those reactionary extremists are taking things way too far, you at the very least are someone who is clearly operating under the (DEEPLY mistaken) assumption that "These types of right wing reactionary extremists feel justifiably backed into a corner, because over-zealous college feminists are just THAT big of a problem facing the world today."

That's simply yet another single nugget in a larger overall basket of things you've posited forth on this forum that paint you as someone who is coming at these kinds of topics from a TOTALLY deluded and completely backwards-thinking framework and perspective.

I mean honestly, NO ONE here - certainly not myself anyway - would be making ANY kinds of assumptions about your personal character and worldview, were you not already constantly making ridiculously loaded statements like this:
Doctor. wrote:I think it's interesting that the (very obvious) liberal middle-class and elite on this forum is blowing this out of proportion while simultaneously calling the skeptical, presumably working class (at least I speak for myself), members sheltered.
There is so much absurd, gross stupidity and OBVIOUSLY loaded framing in this one sentence, I don't even know where to begin breaking this down. If you're not genuinely consciously aware of what what you're doing throughout this thread (that directly lead to me making the "armchair psychoanalysis" of you that I did), then good god. See my "Mr. Magoo-scale myopia" remark.

First of all: words have meaning. "Elite" in the modern context refers to VERY wealthy, well off, and socially powerful people. Massively well-funded politicians such as the Clinton and Bush families are "elites". Corporate CEOs who own yachts and country clubs are "elites". A-list celebrities and movie/music stars are "elites". Royal families in nation's that still use monarchies (to whatever extent) are "elites". Even high priced lawyers, marketing execs, ivy league doctors, to one degree or another, are "elites".

By and large, in MOST societies, but particularly in the United States: "elite"-class citizens make up a remarkably tiny, microscopic overall percentage of the broader populace. In all Vegas-odds probability, it is RIDICULOUSLY unlikely that ANY single person in this thread (much less this forum) constitutes someone who is an actual, genuine "elite", definitionally and life-situationally. No matter WHICH country they're posting from.

Show of hands here for anyone who is a multimillionaire? Billionaire? Anyone who's family pulls in six figures a year or more? Anyone here who's had an ivy league education that was prepaid for by family wealth or that they got into via just their last name alone? Anyone here who's family owns a multinational conglomerate? Anyone here who is or has in their immediate family a major national politician or a high paid attorney who's clients include celebrities political bigwigs, and major captains of industry?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

So just the fact that you even INCLUDED the word "elite" in conjunction with some cartoon stereotype of a "sensitive liberal" as a means of pejoratively smearing and dismissing the people you disagree with in this thread, once again shows your willingness to (consciously or unconsciously) use loaded right-wing rhetoric to slander the characters of the people you disagree with as well as put forth your (horribly skewed and nonsensical) reactionary framing.

Leaving aside the "elite" nonsense, then there's the "middle class" part. Now for what its worth, I myself have gotten to personally know (fairly well) a relatively decent number of the folks who've been posting here for awhile. Via talking to them a LOT off the forums. Some are indeed very much of a middle class background: some most DEFINITELY aren't.

What I'm curious to know is what precisely was said in this thread that leads you to think that the people who are most passionate about this topic are in any way necessarily "middle class"? How in the absolute mother of fuck does "Yeah, a person who's been overly-handsy with underage girls continuously for over 15 years is probably a fucking creep, at bare minimum" correlate to "I come from a middle class background"?

Because basically what you've said so far in terms of your overall rationalization for such a statement is "Well clearly they MUST be middle class, because they're getting so riled up about a - in my opinion, VERY suspect - sexual assault case. Middle-class people are largely the sorts of people who are overly-sensitive about sex, ergo this whole 'sexual assault' thread is largely just a bunch of whining rich libtards who don't know what ACTUAL assault looks like."

That rationale and outlook is just... preposterously, astronomically, Earth shatteringly moronic and nuclear-powered levels of ignorant, to say nothing of smug, arrogant, and paints you as full-on world-class asshole. A person's views on sexual assault (of all things) is in NO WAY whatsoever corollary to their motherfucking economic class. On like, ANY fucking level whatsoever. That I even have to EXPLAIN this out loud to you tells me one of three possible things about you:

1) You know damn well EXACTLY what kind of bullshit you're playing here, and are intentionally concern trolling the living HELL out of this thread to the nth degree

2) You have some sort of legitimately crippling cognitive disorder, in which case you have my sincerest sympathies

or 3) You have a general worldview that is BEYOND insane, delusional, and detached from reality

Yes that's harsh, and no I don't relish being this much of a fucking prick to you here: but I'm not the one who just tried to draw a sincere, genuine, non-ironic, un-joking, non-shitposting correlation between a person's sense of sexual morality and their goddamned economic class. Jesus mother of fuck, if that's not some next level Intellectual Dark Web bullshit delusional view of the world and of humanity, I don't know WHAT the fuck is.

By that same token, there is also ZERO correlation whatsoever with one's level of skepticism (on almost ANY topic whatsoever) and their being "working class". You know how many working class people I've known who are some of the most overly-trusting, gullible motherfuckers out there? Or by that same token, how many "upper middle class" and "elite" insulated snobs who look down their nose in scorn at a great many people who make sexual assault claims?

And yes the reverse is also indeed true in BOTH those cases as well: because there isn't a fucking relation whatsoever between a person's economic class and their personal views on things like sexual dynamics and how much they're willing to question other people's word. That's the kind of thing that a delusionally crazy and/or deeply stupid person would believe. Feel free to take your pick on which one best applies to you Doc.

And also just for the record:
Doctor. wrote:A lot of the members attacking those they disagree with are middle class liberals, however.
As one of the bomb-throwers in this thread here, let me also say that like Marlowe, I too grew up in EXTREMELY harsh, abject poverty and crime/drug-ridden squalor. Of the "Am I going to be able to eat non-rotten food today?" and "Am I going to live to see my 8th birthday or get blown away by a stray bullet like the kid who sat next to me in English class?" variety.

Not at all exaggerating or joking here. Whatsoever.

"Middle class" was something I didn't even remotely begin taste until VERY later on in my life: and since then, I (like most "middle-class" Americans) have been basically hanging onto it by an absolute - and fast-emaciating - fucking thread, and its been mainly out of sheer, desperate tenacity that I've still been clinging onto that fast-vanishing middle-class thread: because my memory of what life was like where I grew up is still ALL TOO vivid and sharp.

So just to make this crystal fucking clear here: I am someone who both looks at a case like Mignogna's and sees/understands it as "very likely sexual predator" WHILE ALSO being someone who grew up in life circumstances that were SO beyond desperate and dangerous that my day-to-day mortality was a genuine open question to me as young as 4 or 5 years old, and my grade school class literally came with a body count. Hell, I often ended up wearing parts of my black suit to school because I'd go to SO many funerals in any given month that I hardly ever needed to bother taking it off: because damn near almost EVERY other person I knew growing up was either a junkie or a dealer or both.

Make absolutely ZERO mistake here: there is NO degree of "disproportionate threat assessment caused by a lack of experience with real world problems" going on on my end here (which is your clear insinuation with your "middle class/elites aren't as hardened as the working class" bullshit). Whatsoever.

I'm simply someone who actually LISTENS to people when they talk about their experiences being sexually assaulted. I actually LISTEN to experts and psychologists who've been studying sexual assault cases and serial predators for DECADES. I actually take the time to READ ABOUT these things and take in the accounts of victim after victim after victim after victim throughout the years. I take the time to actually LISTEN to researchers who have actually AGGREGATED the overall cultural/societal impact that this type of behavior instills into millions upon millions of people (male AND female) when its allowed to go on and on and on unchecked for generations.

What I DON'T do is sit there when a sexual assault survivor tells me their story of what happened to them and what they've dealt with in the aftermath, and say to it in response "Um, well, actually that's not TECHNICALLY sexual assault, because you weren't vaginally penetrated at any point and he never used his tongue with you. You claiming that this person sexually assaulted you when they clearly didn't, that's a logical fallacy and an ad-hominem, and you're just being an overly-sensitive snowflake, likely because you're an elite/middle class liberal SJW." like a fucking pedantic moron. That's the kind of absolute bugfuck callous stupidity that (quite rightly) gets your level of empathy and basic human decency called into question.

Once again: correlating a person's views on sexual morality with their economic status is just an absolute masterclass in absurdly muddled, backwards, and outright batshit stupid thinking and looking at the world and at people.

This then neatly leads me next to this fucking gem here:
Doctor. wrote:The middle class doesn't have the right to be lumped in together with the working class.
Spoken like someone who has NO fucking Earthly idea how utterly and increasingly meaningless the very concept of a "middle class" is and has been fast becoming throughout the United States. Like for DECADES now. And yes, I get it, you're not from or living in America. So I'm going to simply assure you, as matter-of-factly as I can, that as someone who HAS been living in the U.S. all his life, and as someone who grew up VERY decidedly "working class" and has only been BARELY clinging to "middle class" status by my fucking fingernails (while tons and tons of people around me are plunging off the cliff back down into "poverty" status):

You do not have the SLIGHTEST blessed clue what on Earth you're talking about here (and throughout everything you've said about the broader thread topic in general). To a degree that is genuinely, downright physically painful to witness.
Doctor. wrote:I'm not isolating anything from its context. It's specifically because of its context, a man meeting his fans, that it's nothing more than an innocuous greeting that does not constitute sexual assault.
Doctor. wrote:No, but it means that you will enter an environment where it is common for voice actors to hug, kiss and generally be playful and friendly with fans in order to take pictures and sign autographs. If you felt uncomfortable, then fair enough, but that doesn't mean there was any malicious and conscious effort to cause discomfort. 'Unsolicited physical contact' is a daily occurrence.
I'm legitimately curious: where does "asking the same underage female fans that you just suddenly grabbed kissed for their phone numbers" fall into your appraisal of these things?

Between that and the fact that he's been doing this shit (while being PERFECTLY aware of the discomfort it was causing people) for over 15 fucking years, you'll pardon those of us who are regarding you like one of those cement-headed, hyper-literalists who practically needs the accused to have been caught wearing a ski mask and holding a bottle of chloroform and a rag whilst hiding in the bushes late at night in order to be sufficiently convinced of their level of "malicious intent".

And finally, to go WAAAY further back:
Doctor. wrote:In other words, "you, Kunzait, confirm my belief that Americans generally take online politics seriously"
At this point in time, if you're NOT taking online politics seriously, you are either a remarkably out of touch imbecile or are DEEP within a decades-long coma. Online politics are, at this point in time and especially within certain particularly nerd-heavy niches at least, currently spreading a system of beliefs and ideology that are more or less that of a death cult's.

True story: at one point last year, I spent nearly 24 hours on a private Discord chat talking down a rabid IDW listener and /pol/ user from stealing several of their father's hunting rifles, and going on a neighborhood shooting spree (and yes, I ended up calling the police on him: he was eventually put in the care of some type of specialized social service).

Obviously this was someone who already had DEEP fucking emotional and psychological issues (and he very much poured them all out to me as we talked for a whole day and night): but he was also in no small part "inspired" and egged on by the online political communities and discourse he'd spent the past few years immersed within, which had taken all his personal pain and problems, and corrosively magnified and twisted them a hundred-fold.

And no Doctor, before you get offended, I am in NO way drawing ANY kind of a comparison whatsoever between yourself and the dumb things you've been saying here, and extreme cases like the guy I'm talking about. What I'm simply saying here is this:

Yes, this is ultimately just a dumb message board squabble about a dumb voice actor groping and kissing underage girls. But more broadly-speaking, these types of discussions, particularly in the types of online communities like this that are home to all manner of often VERY young, confused, and socially alienated/insecure loners and outcasts... broadly speaking they DO have a VERY real impact on people's lives and outlooks, however tangential. The shit that you spew into the online ether DOES congeal and add up with that of other people's stupid shit, and it all overall DOES affect these types of damaged people who skulk around places like this; quite often in VERY unexpected and ludicrously insane ways most people would NEVER even begin to consider.

In other words: even in stupid, silly internet squabbles, fucking THINK before you say shit.
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 am, edited 12 times in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:38 am

Paper Lung wrote:, I stand with Vic unless some actual hard evidence against him comes out. "He hugged and/or kissed me on the cheek/forehead without my consent and that made me feel uncomfortable" is not enough for me to nail him to the cross.
Like countless testimonies of young underage girls saying he hit on them? That dates back to at least 2010?

Like Monica Rial coming forward with having her own history with his behavior?


You don’t want evidence you just don’t want to accept that the dude behind some animu characters you like is a creep

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 am

KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
Bold of you to think Vic is going to tell his army of weebs to stop mindlessly defending his creepy actions.

User avatar
Cure Dragon 255
I Live Here
Posts: 3836
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:36 am

Hey! Weebs arent into dubs you know!


LOL.

...Sorry.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 am
Enjoy unboxing crap :thumbup:. Your continued support for crap will give us more crap for many years to come! :clap:.
90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm
19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

GreatJaiyaman
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:41 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:42 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
Social media is nothing but a winter wonderland full of snowflakes. Saying that something is Dehumanizing is a radical leftist tactic.
VegettoEX is a snowflake

User avatar
IM21
Banned
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:45 am
Location: Hell

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by IM21 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
he already did address this issue and apologized, but nowadays he can apologize every second of his life and some people will still want him destroyed.

it's also pretty funny, that after all this years and 10's of thousands of people he met, no one has a video evidence of him doing sexual assault. I mean, this shit was going on in front of people, but hey, I guess the phone batery was low. It's also funny that no one is mentioning that there are facebook and twitter users that are photoshoping stuff just so he can look quilty. At least people on youtube are doing some research and reporting this stuff.

So yea, was he wrong to hug and kiss people without permission. YES! Should this people tell that to his face right when it happend? YES!

oh, and tbh, i don't give a shit about Vic.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13617
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:53 am

GreatJaiyaman wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
Social media is nothing but a winter wonderland full of snowflakes. Saying that something is Dehumanizing is a radical leftist tactic.
Ah, yes, the 'radical left', known for wanting to give the US all the popular things polls show the people want and is proven to be economically feasible in all those other modern nations with smaller economies than ours.

Buddy, don't be a snowflake just because victims of sexual assault are taking back their lives. It's pathetic.
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

User avatar
saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:39 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by saiyanhajime » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:55 am

GreatJaiyaman wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
Social media is nothing but a winter wonderland full of snowflakes. Saying that something is Dehumanizing is a radical leftist tactic.
Serious question - but why even come here? From your signature comment to this, what, exactly, are you getting out of being here?

You're a troll.

GreatJaiyaman
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:41 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am

JulieYBM wrote:
GreatJaiyaman wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
Social media is nothing but a winter wonderland full of snowflakes. Saying that something is Dehumanizing is a radical leftist tactic.
Ah, yes, the 'radical left', known for wanting to give the US all the popular things polls show the people want and is proven to be economically feasible in all those other modern nations with smaller economies than ours.

Buddy, don't be a snowflake just because victims of sexual assault are taking back their lives. It's pathetic.
You sure showed me :clap:
VegettoEX is a snowflake

GreatJaiyaman
Banned
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:41 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:59 am

saiyanhajime wrote:
GreatJaiyaman wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:KaiserNekos said somthing
The enviroment is just getting bad out there. I've been browsing twitter and the comments are discusting. Vic really need to address this issue and tell people to stop.
Social media is nothing but a winter wonderland full of snowflakes. Saying that something is Dehumanizing is a radical leftist tactic.
Serious question - but why even come here? From your signature comment to this, what, exactly, are you getting out of being here?

You're a troll.
Buddy I'm a Super Saiyan Rose Troll :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by Ajay on Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Buddy, I'm Super Saiyan Banned
VegettoEX is a snowflake

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13617
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:01 pm

IM21 wrote:
oh, and tbh, i don't give a shit about Vic.

Gosh, if I had the amount of free time to spend on talking about the things I don't give a shit about I'd be going to the gym more, catching up on my anime backlog, do some more story writing or masturbating more.
She/Her | Popsicle Princess

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2650
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:18 pm

GreatJaiyaman wrote: Social media is nothing but a winter wonderland full of snowflakes..

Annnnnd nothing you say from here on out has any credibility what so ever.

Seriously go back to masturbating to Tomi Lahren videos

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6135
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Ajay » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:21 pm

IM21 wrote:It's also funny that no one is mentioning that there are facebook and twitter users that are photoshoping stuff just so he can look quilty. At least people on youtube are doing some research and reporting this stuff.
You seem to misunderstand exactly what happened there.

Some nutjob hopped on a Facebook group dedicated to compiling testimonies, started encouraging users to fabricate evidence (an obvious troll), was told by the admin that no, that's gross and unhelpful, and yet continued to attempt to do so. After every member of the group told him to kindly get lost, mysteriously a person appears on Twitter crying about how victims are "photoshopping" evidence.

It's transparently obvious what the intent was there. Nobody's buying it, and you shouldn't either.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
coola
I Live Here
Posts: 2989
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 7:33 am
Location: Poland

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by coola » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm

With reaction of Monica Rial and few other Funimation cast members, i ve been wondering, if Broly will return in Super, and Funimation will let Mignogna reprise his role even if allegations wont get cleared, would that cause some problems? Some cast members might out right refuse to work together with Mignogna ever again.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

User avatar
Terez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 pm
Location: IL, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Terez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Mignogna is gone. He has already been replaced in one Funi role and it is extremely unlikely that they will ever hire him again. They have more than enough evidence that he is not someone they want to be associated with any longer. The only question is whether they will redub Broly.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:37 pm

coola wrote:With reaction of Monica Rial and few other Funimation cast members, i ve been wondering, if Broly will return in Super, and Funimation will let Mignogna reprise his role even if allegations wont get cleared, would that cause some problems? Some cast members might out right refuse to work together with Mignogna ever again.
Depends, from what she had said her experiences with Vic seem to have been going on for some time, yet a little over a year ago she accepted a role in a dub he was directing and not that long ago Vic tweeted a picture of him and other cast members including Monica about Broly press tour or something and Monica replied it was a lot of fun with a kiss emoji, so evidently she must've forgiven him for his past actions a couple of months ago so she could again in the future but obviously with a lot of allegations coming forward recently it most likely opened her eyes and she had to re-evaluate her experiences with Vic and possibly now might not forgive him anymore.

With the way FUNi dub it's one at a time so if Vic being cast in a dub she is also in might not be a problem but when it comes to stuff where Vic is more involved like directing she might refuse. Of course she could also refuse something all together if Vic is associated in it in whatever way. Monica definitely is far more important to FUNi than Vic, I think her story might be the one that decides his ultimate fate.

Gogeta_Blue
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:46 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gogeta_Blue » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 pm

I'm all for Funi recasting and redubbing Broly for the Blu-ray and future material. Even ignoring this mess, I think Vic's Broly voice has nosedived since the Z movies. Most of his screams here were kinda weaksauce in comparison.

Locked