How many Super Saiyan hair colors exist as of yet?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

How many Super Saiyan hair colors exist as of yet?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:40 pm

So far and that I remember:
  • Black (Dragon Ball Z)
  • Yellow (Dragon Ball Z)
  • Green (Dragon Ball Z Broly - Broly's Character / Dragon Ball Super Broly - Vegeta's Transformation)
  • Blue (Dragon Ball Super)
  • Cyan (Dragon Ball 2008 OVA)
  • Red (Dragon Ball Z BoZ / Dragon Ball Super)
  • Grey (Dragon Ball Super)
  • Rose (Dragon Ball Super)
Is this it? It's somewhat weird how it's now become a rainbow since it began out with the base black Saiyan and then the yellow/gold Saiyan, and now.. All those colors.

Maybe we'll even end up seeing something like this on a Modern Dragon Ball series/movies:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: How many Super Saiyan hair colors exist as of yet?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:45 pm

You got it right, though I'd say silver instead of gray.

Maybe we'll see some weird multi-colored hair in the future.

"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 am

When was cyan in the 08 special?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:27 am

Dbzfan94 wrote:When was cyan in the 08 special?
Goku had a blue Super Saiyan aesthetic going, when defeating AvoCado, due to the lighting of their ki blasts.

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:49 am

Super Saiyan 1-3: Yellow
SSJ 4: Black
SSJ God/Gogeta SSJ4: Red
SSJB: Cyan
SSJB Evolution: Blue
Legendary/Berzerk SSJ: Green
Broly Restricted SSJ: Purple
Ultra Instinct: Silver/Gray

7 true SSJ colors, one Ultra Instinct color, which is not truly a SSJ form. So 8 total but truly only 7.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:54 am

Well let's see, sticking only to "Super Saiyan" forms...
  • Gold: Super Saiyan and all its variations from the original story.
  • Greenish-Gold: Broli in his "Legendary" Super Saiyan form, both in his original appearance as well as his new revamp Super movie.
  • Black: Back to the natural base-form color for Super Saiyan 4 in GT. At least for Goku, while Vegeta's is more of a very dark brown.
  • Red: Gogeta's version of Super Saiyan 4, for some reason, as well as Super Saiyan God in Battle of Gods and Super.
  • Blue: Blue-Haired Super Saiyan in Resurrection F and Super, as well as Vegeta's Even-Bluer-Haired Super Saiyan exclusive to the Super anime.
  • Pink: Goku Black's exclusive Pink-Haired Super Saiyan form in Super.
That's pretty much it, at least that I can remember. Most other things people might cite (Kaio-Ken, Ultra Instinct, etc) aren't actually Saiyan transformations.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:58 am

What is the difference between Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue, besides the obvious hair color?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 pm

Don't forget Broly's new Oozaru base form!

That has black hair as well, though it's styled like his Super Saiyan hair when he powers it up to SSB-level.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:59 pm

I am going to add Fused Zamasu as Super Saiyan "White". In reality, he is just using a unique version of Super Saiyan Rosé (Black fused when he was in Rosé and also Zamasu's aura turns rosé when half of his body is disfigured), and obviously Zamasu has white hair. But I still think we should count that, because Fused Zamasu was in Super Saiyan Rosé and he had white hair, so he was technically using a very unique white-haired Super Saiyan form. Plus obviously when he is born, you can see that he is infused with a white Super Saiyan-esque aura.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 pm

Wasn't SSJ Broly''s hair in Movie 8 a kind of greenish-blue color?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:55 pm

ABED wrote:What is the difference between Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue, besides the obvious hair color?
Other than Blue being stronger than God, not much. Its original name (which I’m sure you’ve seen somewhere) is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It’s basically SSG turning Super Saiyan, although that bit isn’t really mentioned in the show.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:19 pm

ABED wrote:What is the difference between Super Saiyan God and Super Saiyan Blue, besides the obvious hair color?
Okay, here's how it works:

Super Saiyan God is a Super Saiyan form that uses God Ki (God Ki being a Wuxia concept: basically divine, heavenly Ki of that of a god/deity, which in other Wuxia stories CAN potentially be tapped into by mortal martial arts masters, but its VERY rare and exceedingly difficult, requiring lifetimes worth of training and Daoist Ki cultivation: in DB Super, Goku - and later Vegeta, offscreen - gains access to it via a special Saiya-jin ritual). This form turns their hair and eye color deep red, and it also makes their muscles much leaner overall.

Super Saiyan Blue is what happens when a character who is already in Super Saiyan God form THEN adds on TOP of that the power of a regular Super Saiyan (which obviously uses normal, mortal-level Ki). Obviously this then turns the hair bright blue and is suitably much more powerful than Super Saiyan God on its own.

Then there's Super Saiyan Rose, which is the same as Super Saiyan Blue, except its colored pink. Its exclusive solely to Goku Black, and its existence is basically a freak occurrence stemming from an ACTUAL God (who uses God Ki/Divine/Heavenly Ki natually, rather than having had to train for it) using the power of a mortal bodied Super Saiyan's power (that of course being Goku, as Goku Black is the insane Kaioshin Zamasu having body-jacked Goku in an alternate timeline).

That make sense?
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:42 pm

Thank you both. It was very helpful.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Yellow, blue, red, green, pink, black, and - although not specifically Super Saiyan - gray/white/silver. Those are the major ones, anyway.

I actually like the multicolored approach to Saiyan transformations, but I think we've had enough at this point. This would be the best place to leave it, and for Goku at least, I feel like there's a sense of finality to Ultra Instinct's color that would render any additional colors redundant.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:15 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I am going to add Fused Zamasu as Super Saiyan "White". In reality, he is just using a unique version of Super Saiyan Rosé (Black fused when he was in Rosé and also Zamasu's aura turns rosé when half of his body is disfigured), and obviously Zamasu has white hair. But I still think we should count that, because Fused Zamasu was in Super Saiyan Rosé and he had white hair, so he was technically using a very unique white-haired Super Saiyan form. Plus obviously when he is born, you can see that he is infused with a white Super Saiyan-esque aura.

Ehhhhh... That's a tough one. I wouldn't say that Fused Zamasu is half-Saiyan, since Kais take dominance in Potara Fusions. While Fused Zamasu has that Super Saiyan shaped hair, I don't know if he's technically in a Super Saiyan state. We never really see him fall out of this form, so it's hard to say. But really, I think we're both putting more thought into this than the writers did. lol

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:30 pm

In God (red) the saiyan use only God ki in Blue (blue) the saiyan use God ki in addition to normal ki.

In real there is in colours for Saiyan those one:

Red for the God form
Blue for the God form mixed with the normal ki
Yellow whilst using normal ki and their emotion/tingle in their back lol
Pink/Rosé I bet only for when a Saiyan got his body highjack by a Godly being
Black for their normal state
Green for the berserk/legendary one
Gray/Silver for the Saiyan who reach Ultra Instinct Migatte no Gokui

We almost got Orange with Kanba when he corrupt the aura of a Super Saiyan.

I don't count Broly purple in the 1993 movie since it was just a restricted Yellow Super Saiyan due to his limiter gold headband. Though purple Saiyan exist with the Dark Form when a Saiyan is being corrupted/controled by Towa or any Timebreaker in Xenoverse/Heroes.

And let's count brown when they are in Oozaru.

So 9 Colours were use with that in mind, we have left with Orange and White that can be exploited.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:07 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Okay, here's how it works:

Super Saiyan God is a Super Saiyan form that uses God Ki (God Ki being a Wuxia concept: basically divine, heavenly Ki of that of a god/deity, which in other Wuxia stories CAN potentially be tapped into by mortal martial arts masters, but its VERY rare and exceedingly difficult, requiring lifetimes worth of training and Daoist Ki cultivation: in DB Super, Goku - and later Vegeta, offscreen - gains access to it via a special Saiya-jin ritual). This form turns their hair and eye color deep red, and it also makes their muscles much leaner overall.

Super Saiyan Blue is what happens when a character who is already in Super Saiyan God form THEN adds on TOP of that the power of a regular Super Saiyan (which obviously uses normal, mortal-level Ki). Obviously this then turns the hair bright blue and is suitably much more powerful than Super Saiyan God on its own.

Then there's Super Saiyan Rose, which is the same as Super Saiyan Blue, except its colored pink. Its exclusive solely to Goku Black, and its existence is basically a freak occurrence stemming from an ACTUAL God (who uses God Ki/Divine/Heavenly Ki natually, rather than having had to train for it) using the power of a mortal bodied Super Saiyan's power (that of course being Goku, as Goku Black is the insane Kaioshin Zamasu having body-jacked Goku in an alternate timeline).

That make sense?
I wonder if ssb should of been orange since the red is mixing with yellow. I guess it would of been more difficult to distinguish between the forms and it would be missing the calm motif.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:00 am

MajinMan wrote:
Other than Blue being stronger than God, not much. Its original name (which I’m sure you’ve seen somewhere) is Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. It’s basically SSG turning Super Saiyan, although that bit isn’t really mentioned in the show.
It's still called SSGSS, SSB is a crappy nickname. Also I am pretty sure the explanation was used several times in the show even post nickname.

Also Nagamine said SSG focuses on godly techniques meanwhile SSGSS focuses on brute strength. Looks like they are intending to distinguish them further from now on.

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Wasn't SSJ Broly''s hair in Movie 8 a kind of greenish-blue color?
I think SS Broly in Movie 8 as always been open to interpretation what the hair colour was supposed to be. When Sato decided to sculpt SS Broly for his S7 entry
he chose the greenish-blue like you mentioned. I did remember being disappointed it wasn't purple.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:45 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:It's still called SSGSS, SSB is a crappy nickname.
It's recognized officially as both, moreso Super Saiyan Blue than Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (SSGSS). You can tell why they decided to simplify it as the original term/nickname was ridiculously long and confusing.

So, there's Super Saiyan God and that's fine but then for the blue form it's called "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan", some might even think it's a joke or a typo someone made while coming up with it.

Let's hope there's no "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan God Extreme Super Saiyan" (SSGSSGEASS). lol And I thought there were already too many S's in SSGSS.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:46 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
  • Black (Dragon Ball Z)
  • Green (Dragon Ball Super Broly - Vegeta's Transformation)
  • Cyan (Dragon Ball 2008 OVA)
I hope you are not being serious with this

White - Baby Vegeta

UI isn't super saiyan form, neither was Zamasu's form ever called a super saiyan

"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta