Does Vegeta harbor a grudge against Yajirobe?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Does Vegeta harbor a grudge against Yajirobe?

Post by ZodaEX » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:00 am

I was thinking earlier today about how Yajirobe cut off Vegeta's tail, and what an insanely brave and impressive feat it was for him given his strength and speed in comparison with Vegeta. Vegeta is still around though and seemed to be very upset about the whole ordeal of loosing his tail. I always felt like it was a part of his Saiyan pride and everything. Do you think Vegeta still holds a grudge against Yajirobe for doing this? Or perhaps Vegeta might actually respect him for getting in such a good shot. (he's from a warrior race afterall). What are your thoughts on this? I almost feel like he's still be pissed at him for that.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Does Vegeta harbor a grudge against Yajirobe?

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:56 am

I think Vegeta forgets he exist

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:00 am

I mean they only very briefly crossed paths when Yajirobe sliced him across the back and subsequently gets sent crashing into the rocks, then they literally have zero interaction ever again after that point so i believe that moment left Vegeta's mind in favor of more pressing issues pretty quickly and as such my answer is no.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:I mean they only very briefly crossed paths when Yajirobe sliced him across the back and subsequently gets sent crashing into the rocks, then they literally have zero interaction ever again after that point so i believe that moment left Vegeta's mind in favor of more pressing issues pretty quickly and as such my answer is no.
Yajirobe sliced his tail off, though. He might have won if that didn't happen.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:56 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:I mean they only very briefly crossed paths when Yajirobe sliced him across the back and subsequently gets sent crashing into the rocks, then they literally have zero interaction ever again after that point so i believe that moment left Vegeta's mind in favor of more pressing issues pretty quickly and as such my answer is no.
Yajirobe sliced his tail off, though. He might have won if that didn't happen.
Oh wow that slipped my mind, but yeah that was a huge blow io him because going Oozaru was the only real way that Vegeta was able to trash Goku like he did. With the Saiyan tail gone it pretty much made him more vulnerable not to mention the damage sustained against his battle before that point.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

saiyanhajime
Not-So-Newbie

Post by saiyanhajime » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:57 am

MasenkoHA wrote:I think Vegeta forgets he exist
Who doesn't at this point?

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:25 pm

My guess is, Vegeta was mostly angry at himself for allowing such a weakling like Yajirobe to sneak up on him and cut off his tail, rather than being angry at him for doing that, being as prideful as he is. I wouldn't say he holds a grudge, he could more likely see him as a reminder of a mistake at best.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Not really, since Yajirobe's a puny human who can't match him and his only concerns are beings who can (Kakarot, Gohan, Cabba, etc).
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Isn't this more of an In-Universe topic? Why is it in the General Franchise Discussion?
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:27 pm

It would be pretty funny if he did. Vegeta vs. Yajirobe. The legendary rivalry that never was.

In all honesty it would be interesting to see them talk about it. Now that I think about it Yajirobe along with Korin, Tien, Chiaotzu and a bunch of other people from Goku's past didn't put their hands up for the Spirit Bomb when Vegeta asked, and would only do it when Goku asked. Maybe Yajirobe was the one holding the grudge.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:45 am

I mean, if Vegeta holds no grudge against Goku, Gohan, and Krillin... you know, the people who actually beat the crap out of him... I doubt he holds a grudge against Yajirobe.

Anyway Vegeta interacted with Future Yajirobe in the Goku Black Saga.

SaiyanBlood102

Post by SaiyanBlood102 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:33 am

Probably not, but it would funny as hell if Vegeta were to meet Yajirobe again and it cuts back to a flashback of him his getting tail cut off. :lol:

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodaEX » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Marco Polo wrote:I mean, if Vegeta holds no grudge against Goku, Gohan, and Krillin... you know, the people who actually beat the crap out of him... I doubt he holds a grudge against Yajirobe.

Anyway Vegeta interacted with Future Yajirobe in the Goku Black Saga.
Your logic doesn't make much sense to me because Goku, Gohan and Krillin beating the crap out of him made him stronger. I can even remember one instance where he was begging Krillin to beat the crap out of him. Yajirobe cutting his tail off maimed and weaked him on the other hand. There's a big difference.