Any comprehensive lists of changes made to the "Orange Bricks" dub audio?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MarioSonicU

Any comprehensive lists of changes made to the "Orange Bricks" dub audio?

Post by MarioSonicU » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:07 pm

I would like to ask about the changes made to the audio from the original Toonami broadcast of 67/68-291 (or 54-276 edited-wise) to the audio mix used for the Orange Brick DVDs. I am aware that unused bits of dialogue made it in as well as alternate takes and selective redubbing, but I never seen an exact list of where these changes occur.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Any comprehensive lists of changes made to the "Orange Bricks" dub audio?

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm

There’s also changes from the uncut dvd singles of episode 54-276 (or 67/68-291) like Burter(?) saying Bite Me in the uncut home video release and Turkey! in the Toonami edited version

Dragon Ball Z Uncensored goes over some of those changed at least

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:48 pm

There's also a VERY strange edit, likely a mistake, where a bit of dialog is cut during the scene where Kuririn are searching for Bulma to get the Dragon Radar from her.

Krillin: “Maybe a mountain lion drug her into this little cave.”
Gohan: “Heh, I wouldn’t want to be the mountain lion.”

Kuririn's line was cut for some unfathomable reason.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:03 pm

ABED wrote:There's also a VERY strange edit, likely a mistake, where a bit of dialog is cut during the scene where Kuririn are searching for Bulma to get the Dragon Radar from her.

That one doesn't make any sense at all, because now Gohan's line just comes without any context and given the first with Krillin talking is missing you don't know what he is talking about.

Perhaps they accidentally cut the former line and just didn't realize the mistake was made.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:02 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
ABED wrote:There's also a VERY strange edit, likely a mistake, where a bit of dialog is cut during the scene where Kuririn are searching for Bulma to get the Dragon Radar from her.

That one doesn't make any sense at all, because now Gohan's line just comes without any context and given the first with Krillin talking is missing you don't know what he is talking about.

Perhaps they accidentally cut the former line and just didn't realize the mistake was made.
Because it's a funny joke! When you see a cave, don't you just automatically think of your sometimes overbearing friend being dragged into it by a mountain lion? I wouldn't want to be the mountain lion! HA! IT'S A FUNNY!

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:17 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:

Because it's a funny joke! When you see a cave, don't you just automatically think of your sometimes overbearing friend being dragged into it by a mountain lion? I wouldn't want to be the mountain lion! HA! IT'S A FUNNY!
It's just so funny how with Krillin's line just inexplicably gone you're just left wondering "Huh, what mountain lion?" :lol:

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:20 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Char Aznable wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:

It's just so funny how with Krillin's line just inexplicably gone you're just left wondering "Huh, what mountain lion?" :lol:
You know, the mountain lion! I wouldn't want to be the mountain lion! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- ugh.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:24 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Char Aznable wrote: Because it's a funny joke! When you see a cave, don't you just automatically think of your sometimes overbearing friend being dragged into it by a mountain lion? I wouldn't want to be the mountain lion! HA! IT'S A FUNNY!
You know, the mountain lion! I wouldn't want to be the mountain lion! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA- ugh.
I can recall watching the episode once way back when and after the aforementioned scene came up and Gohan said his part i just sat there thinking "What the, where the hell did this mountain lion thing come from?"

Of course then i found out that the line which comes before it had been deleted for some strange reason. :lol:
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Char Aznable wrote: Because it's a funny joke! When you see a cave, don't you just automatically think of your sometimes overbearing friend being dragged into it by a mountain lion? I wouldn't want to be the mountain lion! HA! IT'S A FUNNY!
It was a joke (wouldn’t call it funny but eh) when the lines were paired together. With Krillin’s line removed...as it was in the broadcast dub..Gohan’s line is a random non sequitur

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Char Aznable wrote:
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
It was a joke (wouldn’t call it funny but eh) when the lines were paired together. With Krillin’s line removed...as it was in the broadcast dub..Gohan’s line is a random non sequitur
I definitely think it works better with the former line in there, mostly because it may confuse some people as to what is being said when Gohan just exclaims "I'd hate to be the mountain lion." out of nowhere.