Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ect5150
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1050
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:17 pm
Location: Tenkaichi Tournament Grounds

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by ect5150 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:49 am

Robo4900 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am
Scsigs wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 am
"Produce," not "Product," 2003 Pete Wentz.
Correcting peoples' grammar is a bit rude, man.
Years ago these forums used to have strict rules on this topic, anyone else remember (an additional click reviewing the rules to get to the forums)? I'm guessing the Grand Poobah isn't as strict these days as we seem to have many more visitors where English is a second language? He (or a mod) used to go in and edit/correct some posts. Mike would have to weigh in on why this stopped though though as I'm just guessing to the reason (or just the general "it takes too much of his time").
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.

HakkaiBills93
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm

ect5150 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:49 am
Robo4900 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am
Scsigs wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 am
"Produce," not "Product," 2003 Pete Wentz.
Correcting peoples' grammar is a bit rude, man.
Years ago these forums used to have strict rules on this topic, anyone else remember (an additional click reviewing the rules to get to the forums)? I'm guessing the Grand Poobah isn't as strict these days as we seem to have many more visitors where English is a second language? He (or a mod) used to go in and edit/correct some posts. Mike would have to weigh in on why this stopped though though as I'm just guessing to the reason (or just the general "it takes too much of his time").
Because he probably became more comprehensive for those who try to make this forum alive but are not english even if they have bad grammar.
i have bad grammar but at least i am polite enough to answer people when they talk to me unlike few jerks i know here that only answer if they have any interest to do it

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by KBABZ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm
i have bad grammar but at least i am polite enough to answer people when they talk to me unlike few jerks i know here that only answer if they have any interest to do it
Well, people won't reply if they have nothing to talk to you about, right?

Personally, I think it would be good if you picked up your grammar and capitalization, as it'll help make your posts and opinions clearer and, in general, will mean your posts are taken a bit more seriously. Most people associate poor grammar and capitalization to particularly young internet-goers (unless that's just me).

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:54 pm

I'll agree. This thread is full of speculation without any hard evidence shown so regardless that I'd like to know what's the quality like it or if the NEPs are included, no one knows for certain.

This isn't just an issue on this thread, HakkaiBills93, the Vic Mignogna thread is the same situation where people keep talking about claims that Vic did but no actual evidence has been shown.

If something exists or was done, then proof needs to be provided. For example, we know that AB Groupe made an English dub ("Big Green") of Dragon Ball GT's TV Special as a trailer is on YouTube but we've yet to see the whole thing dubbed. I'm honestly really interested even though the dub might just be as bad as the rest of the other "Big Green" dubs.

By the way, I wish the later "Ocean Dub" would be synced with this release of Dragon Ball Z but I'm not getting my hopes up

User avatar
90sDBZ
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1913
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am
Location: UK

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:03 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:54 pm
If something exists or was done, then proof needs to be provided. For example, we know that AB Groupe made an English dub ("Big Green") of Dragon Ball GT's TV Special as a trailer is on YouTube but we've yet to see the whole thing dubbed. I'm honestly really interested even though the dub might just be as bad as the rest of the other "Big Green" dubs.
The Big Green GT Special aired in its entirety on Toonami UK back in the day, so it's not like its never been seen. I even had it taped on VHS at one point, but recorded over it. From what I remember it was very much in line with the other Big Green dubs, with Goku Jr saying "Let them alone!" near the end when he went Super Saiyan. I also remember Puck being translated as Pack, although I don't know which is more accurate.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4059
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by KBABZ » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:45 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:54 pm
I'll agree. This thread is full of speculation without any hard evidence shown so regardless that I'd like to know what's the quality like it or if the NEPs are included, no one knows for certain.
I've been trying to include the "this is hearsay" thing whenever I talk about the Funi rep information. Besides, at this stage, what can we do BUT speculate on the information we have? So long as we keep expectations in check we're good, right?

I do agree though, I'd be given a lot of confidence if we saw actual footage of it, particularly after Cowboy Bebop.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16381
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:06 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:54 pm
This isn't just an issue on this thread, HakkaiBills93, the Vic Mignogna thread is the same situation where people keep talking about claims that Vic did but no actual evidence has been shown.
It's not like that, that isn't true, and knock this "ermergerd but THE EVIDENCE!!!!" shit off, especially when it's totally unrelated to anything at all.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Scsigs » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:40 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 am
Robo4900 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am
Scsigs wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:52 am
"Produce," not "Product," 2003 Pete Wentz.
Correcting peoples' grammar is a bit rude, man.
It's just the only thing you can do when you don't have any argument^^

it reminds me all informations tv channel that can keep airing about a subject with literally 0 informations lol
you hear everything and his opposite.
I mean, if you want an actual rebuttal, ok. I WAS mostly joking because a line in one of FOB's earliest songs has the line, "...Oxygen to product gas," but if you're taking this way too seriously...
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 am
What i love with this kind of topic is....almost 61 pages of pure speculations, rumour with no evidence or total fake news, not even sure they'll reach the signup goals and produce the things but this topic is only flood by pure expectations, speculations like if Funimation or Toei could read this topic and say "oh they want that!!! crap we should product the things like that" :D :D :D :D

when i read kanzenshuu topic i feel that dragon ball fandom want a new blu-ray release 4/3 in perfect conditions but in reality only 10-15 members are active on the topic and Funi/Toei are flood by shit people happy with the crappy season sets that only want new DB super episodes.
At this point we only have to patiently wait to see and once there is useful informations shared them
"Pure speculations." In which way is hoping for the best possible release speculation? "Rumors with no evidence or fake news." Literally only 1 person has given any news & we're all still skeptical & waiting for official confirmation on certain facts, but there's no sense in discarding it wholesale. I mean, if you're going to blanket label people as essentially sheep, you REALLY shouldn't comment like an idiot like you did. Everyone in this thread knows that we have no real confirmation of anything yet, only some unconfirmed details someone got secondhand from a FUNi rep. I myself brought up how my expectations were before you made your post, which you can read by going back a page or 2. So, how about not being a jerk, k?
Also, this isn't even the longest or most tedious thread on this site by far. I mean, look at the Vic Mignogna thread. Over 100 pages saying almost 100% of the same things; "He's guilty," "I don't know," "How could you say that!?! What's wrong with you!?!", "I'm waiting to see more," etc. That thread got tedious & repetitive FAST because not a lot was really added to the conversation outside of that. But, it's still up because people LOVE to talk about it & love a place to say things most of us already know or agree with. Same kinds of things here. I know I'm gonna catch shit from saying those things, but I honestly don't care anymore one way or another on that subject.
ect5150 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:49 am
Years ago these forums used to have strict rules on this topic, anyone else remember (an additional click reviewing the rules to get to the forums)? I'm guessing the Grand Poobah isn't as strict these days as we seem to have many more visitors where English is a second language? He (or a mod) used to go in and edit/correct some posts. Mike would have to weigh in on why this stopped though though as I'm just guessing to the reason (or just the general "it takes too much of his time").
I've also seen that one of the mods used to fuse posts together if it was a double post in a certain amount of time by a single person. Guess that's gone the way of the Dodo too. I mean, at least KH13 had a system that combined posts into one if they were done in a certain amount of time by the same person on their forum before their last design overhaul for that forum. This place could use something like that because I saw in one of the threads I follow that someone doesn't like to add to posts they've made & prefer to make multiple posts instead multiple times. It's just bad when someone does that.
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:36 pm
Because he probably became more comprehensive for those who try to make this forum alive but are not english even if they have bad grammar.
i have bad grammar but at least i am polite enough to answer people when they talk to me unlike few jerks i know here that only answer if they have any interest to do it
And yet he or one of the mods will crack down on if someone types incoherently. TheSSUltimateGoku from YouTube started an account & a thread here last year at some point &, let me tell you, that dude types worse than he argues his Z dub fanboy-centric points in his videos. I know this because he came to MY channel at one point on a video where I said Kai kept the original Z music, as in the Kikuchi score, yet HE assumed (because THIS is what you should do when talking to someone you don't know, apparently) that I was talking about the Faulconer score &, very rudely, attempted to correct me. This spiraled into a half-incoherent argument back & forth for a little while. I later found out, because he didn't tell me, that he had a disability from the thread he started here that affected his typing & it was the same story here for how his thread went down. VegettoEX even told him his typing was bad in that thread several times before it got SO off topic & useless as a thread that it was locked. So, it seems that's only cracked down upon when it's extremely bad. Most people here seem to have good enough grammar anyways that allows you to follow their texts coherently, so maybe it isn't as much of an issue here at this point in time.

And, when it comes to responses, sometimes people just don't wanna argue anymore. I just stopped replying to people for a while in the Vic thread because it got so toxic & repetitive towards anyone who even tried to have a different opinion than, "he's guilty," or were waiting to make up their minds based on more stuff to come about. Sometimes it's tiring. Sometimes it's frustrating. Sometimes people are away from the forum for a while because of life. And, this is a thread where people discuss Dragon Ball. How exactly is people responding only to things they have an interest in bad? I get it if they don't show a change in attitude, but not everyone gets responses in life, sorry. Though, at the very least, this thread is more fun to talk with people about & isn't something to get a migraine over one way or another. I mean, at least people have a sense of fun here & actually take others seriously than themselves & people like them.

Also, responses are great, but if no one can really understand you, there's a problem.
For instance, the line, "it remind me all informations tv channel that can keep airing about a subject with literally 0 informations lol
you hear everything and his opposite."
What's "all informations TV channel"? What do you consider "0 informations"? What did you mean by, "You hear everything & his opposite"? I can't understand what you were saying much. I get what you're getting at, but what information were you presenting here, my guy? Seems about as bad as the person you claim was being bad with this stuff. I can handle the lack of uppercase letters, the run-on sentences brought about by the lack of proper grammar (though run-ons are annoying as hell), & some of the misspellings, but I have NO idea what you're talking about in your sentences. Do you get it at least? I don't care if you adapt your typing (though that would be nice), but do you at least get what I'm talking about?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
Android 50
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Android 50 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Damn. Still no new info on this thing? Are toei even going to provide some new video quality or is the boxset just going to consist of dragon box video quality or gasp worse...funi cropped bluray quality?
Maron is stacked!!

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1165
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Android 50 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:21 pm
Damn. Still no new info on this thing? Are toei even going to provide some new video quality or is the boxset just going to consist of dragon box video quality or gasp worse...funi cropped bluray quality?
I really, really have my fingers crossed that it's not going to be the last one. I mean seriously, they've got to do better than that because those Season BD's are already out there so it really doesn't make much sense for them to do so if Toei's got a hand in this release especially in regard to the video source being used, and that we will actually get good quality non faux widescreen versions of the show the way it's truly intended to be seen.

HakkaiBills93
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 472
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 am

Scsigs wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:40 pm
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 am
Robo4900 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:27 am

Correcting peoples' grammar is a bit rude, man.
It's just the only thing you can do when you don't have any argument^^

it reminds me all informations tv channel that can keep airing about a subject with literally 0 informations lol
you hear everything and his opposite.
I mean, if you want an actual rebuttal, ok. I WAS mostly joking because a line in one of FOB's earliest songs has the line, "...Oxygen to product gas," but if you're taking this way too seriously...

I don't know this reference and i never ask anything
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 am
What i love with this kind of topic is....almost 61 pages of pure speculations, rumour with no evidence or total fake news, not even sure they'll reach the signup goals and produce the things but this topic is only flood by pure expectations, speculations like if Funimation or Toei could read this topic and say "oh they want that!!! crap we should product the things like that" :D :D :D :D

when i read kanzenshuu topic i feel that dragon ball fandom want a new blu-ray release 4/3 in perfect conditions but in reality only 10-15 members are active on the topic and Funi/Toei are flood by shit people happy with the crappy season sets that only want new DB super episodes.
At this point we only have to patiently wait to see and once there is useful informations shared them


"Pure speculations." In which way is hoping for the best possible release speculation? "Rumors with no evidence or fake news." Literally only 1 person has given any news & we're all still skeptical & waiting for official confirmation on certain facts, but there's no sense in discarding it wholesale. I mean, if you're going to blanket label people as essentially sheep, you REALLY shouldn't comment like an idiot like you did. Everyone in this thread knows that we have no real confirmation of anything yet, only some unconfirmed details someone got secondhand from a FUNi rep. I myself brought up how my expectations were before you made your post, which you can read by going back a page or 2. So, how about not being a jerk, k?
Also, this isn't even the longest or most tedious thread on this site by far. I mean, look at the Vic Mignogna thread. Over 100 pages saying almost 100% of the same things; "He's guilty," "I don't know," "How could you say that!?! What's wrong with you!?!", "I'm waiting to see more," etc. That thread got tedious & repetitive FAST because not a lot was really added to the conversation outside of that. But, it's still up because people LOVE to talk about it & love a place to say things most of us already know or agree with. Same kinds of things here. I know I'm gonna catch shit from saying those things, but I honestly don't care anymore one way or another on that subject.
Because people talk about this supposed release as it will be release for sure , some already talk about prices and content, some even sold their dragon box.

I understand that people can say their expectations but this topic reach pages 61 with litteraly...nothing, no clue , it's flood.
Funi can choose to not release anything , in this forum only couple of members here are active and very enthousiast about that , it give a fake feeling of success for this 3000 signup things BUT just read twitter comments which are comment by general public and you'll see if you'll have the same feeling.

i read almost 60 comments and 90% of them are negative opinion , just be realist

About my grammar i just translate in english what i said in french, we don't spelled things like you and i assume i am not allways understandable but jerks people i talk about it's only from pm i sent to them . My PM are allways short so not so hard to understand and i also tried once to promise to give a things, only to see if there will be an answered and i got one.

That kind of people that only answered when they have something to win from that or can expect stuffs is thoses i called "jerks" , i think in a forum, if a member send you a message you can take 2mn to answer no matter what you say and it's something really "english" to ignore when people don't have anything to win answering you. I Never got this issue in my country.
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 am
Also, responses are great, but if no one can really understand you, there's a problem.
For instance, the line, "it remind me all informations tv channel that can keep airing about a subject with literally 0 informations lol
you hear everything and his opposite."
What's "all informations TV channel"? What do you consider "0 informations"? What did you mean by, "You hear everything & his opposite"? I can't understand what you were saying much. I get what you're getting at, but what information were you presenting here, my guy? Seems about as bad as the person you claim was being bad with this stuff. I can handle the lack of uppercase letters, the run-on sentences brought about by the lack of proper grammar (though run-ons are annoying as hell), & some of the misspellings, but I have NO idea what you're talking about in your sentences. Do you get it at least? I don't care if you adapt your typing (though that would be nice), but do you at least get what I'm talking about?
"it remind me all informations tv channel that can keep airing about a subject with literally 0 informations lol
you hear everything and his opposite."

i talk about several informations tv channel where journalists can talk hours and keep the antenna saying allways the same things and giving 0 new informations, it's a waste of time.

If i have to correct my grammar to be understood correctly, members should stop flooding with nothing news or spread fake or not confirmed informations .

Just imagine a new member coming in this forum that will open this thread , read 61 pages to realize that there is nothing new or worthy since 2 march? saying expectations is understandable but almost 60 pages for that ...

When you are english and use a bad english it's unforgivable like a french not talking french correctly, but i am not english if people here dislike me posting (including mods or administrator) then banned me and fuck off i'll don't give a shit , but for those who'll keep attacking my grammar just "fuck you all"

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Scsigs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:13 am

Not that I'm not gonna respond to what you said, but you deleted the wrong things for proper quoting so it looks like you quoted yourself when you actually quoted me.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
DBZimran
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 130
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by DBZimran » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:39 am

90sDBZ wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:03 pm
JohnnyCashKami wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:54 pm
If something exists or was done, then proof needs to be provided. For example, we know that AB Groupe made an English dub ("Big Green") of Dragon Ball GT's TV Special as a trailer is on YouTube but we've yet to see the whole thing dubbed. I'm honestly really interested even though the dub might just be as bad as the rest of the other "Big Green" dubs.
The Big Green GT Special aired in its entirety on Toonami UK back in the day, so it's not like its never been seen. I even had it taped on VHS at one point, but recorded over it. From what I remember it was very much in line with the other Big Green dubs, with Goku Jr saying "Let them alone!" near the end when he went Super Saiyan. I also remember Puck being translated as Pack, although I don't know which is more accurate.
I have that GT special in its entiriety it does indeed exist, and is just as funny as all the other Big Green dubs out there.

User avatar
Android 50
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Android 50 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:01 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 pm
Android 50 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:21 pm
Damn. Still no new info on this thing? Are toei even going to provide some new video quality or is the boxset just going to consist of dragon box video quality or gasp worse...funi cropped bluray quality?
I really, really have my fingers crossed that it's not going to be the last one. I mean seriously, they've got to do better than that because those Season BD's are already out there so it really doesn't make much sense for them to do so if Toei's got a hand in this release especially in regard to the video source being used, and that we will actually get good quality non faux widescreen versions of the show the way it's truly intended to be seen.
I know Toei is involved but seeing the job they did with buu kai has me wondering what type of effort would they make with this bluray release? And since its probably going to include the entire Z in like 1 or 2 giant box sets I wonder just how much they will cheap out.
Maron is stacked!!

User avatar
SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SqueakyBoots » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:39 pm

DBZfan29 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:15 pm
Char Aznable wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:10 pm
I feel in my gut that we’ll be getting information on April 3rd (Wednesday). 4/3 for 4:3, you know? Plus the 4-star and 3-star Dragon Balls. I have no insider information obviously and I’ve never claimed to have any, just call it a major, major hunch. They’ve probably hit their 3,000 signup goal three times over by now.
They didn’t have a 3,000 signup goal. I don’t know why this so hard for people to understand (not directing this at you, just in general a lot of people seem to think that signup meant anything). That was a newsletter signup. Nobody has preordered anything yet. When preorders actually go up, that’s when they will need to meet a goal.
Let's clear up what this sign-up/pre-order business is since a lot of people don't seem to fully get it. (Funimation didn't do the best job making things clear on their site, to be fair.)

3,000 is the minimum number of orders Funimation is requiring to have the set made and produced. What that means is that when they open preorders for the set, they will need to sell at least that many copies. 3,000 is only a minimum so if they end up getting more preorders than that, then they'll all be filled either way. What I imagine they'll do is keep orders open until a certain date and produce the sets based around the total number of orders received. My impression is that 3,000 is the absolute lowest number of orders they'll need in order for the set to be profitable and they'll likely get a lot more orders than that if this is indeed a new and better remaster. The way Funi has this worded on their site implies that the minimum is to be able to produce the physical set itself without any mention of whether or not anything here is going into the production of a new remaster.

The thing with submitting your email is just to be notified whenever Funi has a new update on anything. Giving them your email is not a commitment to buying the set and it is extremely unlikely that everyone who signed up will be buying the set regardless of what it turns out to be. Once Funi finally decides to release details on the set and open preorders, they will send out emails letting everyone know. That is all that is. Nothing more. When it comes to having the funds to produce a huge blu-ray set, saying over 3,000 people typed their email address in a box doesn't mean anything. Money is what talks and they haven't gotten to that point yet.

User avatar
SuperSaiyanPan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:54 am

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SuperSaiyanPan » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:34 pm

I get the feeling nothing is going to be announced or posted tomorrow like people think because of the 4 and 3 star dragon balls. I myself honestly don't know if that was nod to one of the following:

4+3 = 7 so all seven balls, or 4:3 aspect ratio or April 3.

Edit: I have 43 posts counting this one, lelz. :lol:

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:36 pm

SuperSaiyanPan wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:34 pm
I get the feeling nothing is going to be announced or posted tomorrow like people think because of the 4 and 3 star dragon balls. I myself honestly don't know if that was nod to one of the following:

4+3 = 7 so all seven balls, or 4:3 aspect ratio or April 3.

Edit: I have 43 posts counting this one, lelz. :lol:
4+3=7 would literally make no sense. They might as well have just posted the 7 star ball if that were the case. There's also the fact that Toei posted first with the 4 star, then like a minute later FUNi posted with the 3 star. It's pretty clear they're deliberately hinting at something. And I've already gone into detail pages back on why it just being a tease for April 3rd wouldn't make sense, since the collection is already announced and a cryptic "more info" date wouldn't exactly get people hyped.

There's enough evidence to go on that it will be 4:3. I think anyone claiming otherwise or claiming "we just don't know yet" is being cautiously pessimistic (at best).

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2436
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Scsigs » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:04 pm

HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 am
I don't know this reference and i never ask anything
No, I don't suppose you would, and I never said you asked for anything.
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:23 am
Because people talk about this supposed release as it will be release for sure, some already talk about prices and content, some even sold their dragon box.

I understand that people can say their expectations but this topic reach pages 61 with literally...nothing, no clue, it's flood.
Funi can choose to not release anything, in this forum only couple of members here are active and very enthusiast about that, it give a fake feeling of success for this 3000 signup things BUT just read twitter comments which are comment by general public and you'll see if you'll have the same feeling.

i read almost 60 comments and 90% of them are negative opinion , just be realist

About my grammar i just translate in english what i said in french, we don't spelled things like you and i assume i am not always understandable but jerks people i talk about it's only from pm i sent to them . My PM are always short so not so hard to understand and i also tried once to promise to give a things, only to see if there will be an answered and i got one.

That kind of people that only answered when they have something to win from that or can expect stuffs is those i called "jerks" , i think in a forum, if a member send you a message you can take 2mn to answer no matter what you say and it's something really "english" to ignore when people don't have anything to win answering you. I Never got this issue in my country.
No one sold their Dragon Boxes. People were talking about actually doing it if this pans out to be good. People speculate about what the price for this would be because it won't be cheap, I can tell you that. In terms of the content, everyone was just expecting the episodes in 4:3 with remastering like the Levels with the same set-ups in terms of audio options. Optimistically, they'd like the broadcast audio we know FUNi has for the Japanese dub, but Toei are fickle bitches when it comes to that.

I mean, people are having legit conversations in this thread too about their hopes. FUNi wouldn't just announce this set with no intent to release it. 3,000 people is easy with a fandom as large as this one. And, that's why this is a limited edition thing. FUNi already gave the idiots their releases already that they've accepted without question, so I'm not surprised if no one's interested.

I'd advise against just translating what you originally translated. Due to how bad translation software still is, there's a lot of room for error. If you or someone you could double check your stuff with could make sure it's correct, that'd be good. I've read fanfiction stories translated from French to English & that was painful even if the story ideas were pretty good. When conversing like this, it's often frustrating when the language you know isn't being put right. I imagine there's errors that come from when you translate my words into French from English, so at least you're explaining why these posts are badly written in some areas.

Again, sometimes you just don't get replies to your posts. That's something that happens in life, sorry. It's not even really pertaining to a language either. Whether or not you've had this happen with people who speak your language is irrelevant here.
HakkaiBills93 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:53 am
"it remind me all informations tv channel that can keep airing about a subject with literally 0 informations lol
you hear everything and his opposite."

i talk about several informations tv channel where journalists can talk hours and keep the antenna saying always the same things and giving 0 new informations, it's a waste of time.

If i have to correct my grammar to be understood correctly, members should stop flooding with nothing news or spread fake or not confirmed informations .

Just imagine a new member coming in this forum that will open this thread , read 61 pages to realize that there is nothing new or worthy since 2 march? saying expectations is understandable but almost 60 pages for that ...

When you are english and use a bad english it's unforgivable like a french not talking french correctly, but i am not english if people here dislike me posting (including mods or administrator) then banned me and fuck off i'll don't give a shit , but for those who'll keep attacking my grammar just "fuck you all"
You mean the news? When it comes to news, yeah, I'd say it's very much the same. The news just keeps you informed on current events & some can only speculate on some things. This is the same thing. Even then, this is also a forum. Why CAN'T people discuss this topic? I think you've missed the entire point of it.

Except that this isn't spreading fake news as you claim. It's literally us talking about the announcement FUNimation made weeks back & us discussing what we want to come from it. And, you having correct grammar isn't even comparable to this discussion. How can you equate the 2? It's also unfair to those with a legitimate interest in this topic.

60 pages of discussions, speculations, someone saying he talked to a FUNimation representative who clarified some things so we at least have SOMETHING to go on because they've yet to give details on it outside of the art book & that Goku statue. Be sure, when they announce more details, this thread is gonna get FLOODED with people discussing them. What you call nothing, others call discussion in this instance. If you're not interested, you don't have to be here. Simple as that.

When it comes to people questioning your grammar, that's something you're gonna have to get used to if all you use is a translator to talk to an English speaker. It's actually a legit problem. Like, I'd expect French speakers would shit on ME if I were translating what I typed into French regardless of my having used a translator. This is just a fact of life, especially on a forum where one of the terms of service is to type coherently in English. Sorry.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Dragon Ball Ireland
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1652
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 9:09 am
Location: Kildare, Ireland

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:07 am

Scsigs wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:04 pm
3,000 people is easy with a fandom as large as this one. And, that's why this is a limited edition thing
I wouldn't be so sure about that and I have a feeling Funimation isn't either, hence the need to gauge interest and collaborating with TOEI. Funimation has released DBZ so many times, including on Blu-Ray twice before and three times if you count Kai. Granted they have sold well but that's a lot of money gone from the pockets of potential customers' wallets.

Imagine if the Season Blu-Rays were never released. There would be far more interest in this set, even amongst the casual Blu-Ray buyers because they would be able to look forward to a complete release of non-Kai HD DBZ for the first time, that would be a huge selling point, especially with this year being the 20th anniversary of its' premier on Toonami and if this release does indeed include the Faulconer score.

A lot of people won't care because they own the series several times over. The collectors like us will care, but whether or not there are enough of us remains to be seen. 3,000 is a tall order for a series people own multiple copies of just to have it presented the way it was originally intended, and to buy it in one go.

The one thing we can be guaranteed this set has going for it is that DBZ other than the movies and Kai has never been released on Blu-Ray in Japan, but Blu-Rays don't sell as many copies there as they do in the US (hence higher costs) so only time will tell if that gives this set the boost it needs to break even.

It would honestly be in Funimation and TOEI's best interest for this set to not be limited as then they could put out a budget version, people could purchase it over time, the casuals could wait for sales and the Japanese customer base will always have a Blu-Ray of DBZ to buy without importing and maybe Madman and Manga UK can get their hands on it more easily.

It would also help if Funimation put some extras on their version like new interviews with Gen Fukunaga, the cast members not on the Season sets and maybe a bonus case to include the Saban dub on SD Blu-Ray like what Diskotek did with Beyblade. It would be a cheap add on but it would cater to another potential customer base that wants to own that dub but doesn't want to pay the ridiculous prices for a Rock the Dragon set. Lets not forget what an important part of the franchise's history in English speaking countries that dub is.
Selling
- Arrival DVD single
- Betrayal DVD single

Looking For
- Showdown DVD single
- Madman Level 1.1

If interested PM with offers

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:11 am

Well, April 3rd has come and gone.

Post Reply