Funimation's 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by PremiumSalt » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:08 pm
SqueakyBoots wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:58 pm
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:23 pm
If you missed out on the Dragon Boxes that is your fault.
Let's say you're currently 15 years old and you recently started getting into Dragon Ball after seeing some episodes of Super or playing FighterZ with a friend. Ruling Kai out because you want to see the original uncut version of the show, your only options are tracking down dozens of old single disc releases with only four episodes a piece or getting the cropped smeary season sets. What's that? You didn't buy the limited run collectors editon sets that came out when you were seven? Sucks to be you, then.


And generally speaking, the type of people that are okay with it being cropped are also the people that will have their tvs stretch 4:3 images into 16:9 anyway so that's kind of a moot point. I have never seen anyone complain when any given 90s or earlier show under the sun gets released in its proper ratio.
Here's my question to those 15 year olds. Would additional footage at the top and bottom of the screen help in your experience? Would it radically change the DBZ Experience? Would it suddenly turn into something 10x better because of the additional footage?

Those are all rhetorical questions, the answer to all of them is no. If you're 15, and want to watch the show, the blu-rays will do just fine and you won't really miss out on anything.

I'm not sure why most of you can't be more open minded, I went out of my way to collect the Japanese and American Versions of the DragonBoxes because of the purist within me, but even then I realize that there isn't a significant upgrade to my experience of watching them on the Dragon Boxes.
Yeah, admittedly I was the weird kid in High School so maybe I'm not a good example but...yeah no I cared about that shit when I was 15. And even if I didn't, I sure as hell do now (18 now). But guess what? I was nine when the US Dragon Boxes came out. I honestly didn't know or care about them at the time. But I do now. And I had to drop 700-ish bucks just to get the set. Is that okay in your mind? Does that make sense, that I had to make a fucking massive financial investment that I saved up for ages for just because I didn't luck out enough to be old enough to know about the DBoxes when they came out, just to get a non shitty looking version of the show? Christ.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 18649
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by ABED » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm

clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:30 pm
It's not false equivalency, it's an analogy. One is a logical fallacy, one is metaphorical.

Next.
Regardless of what you want to call it, comparing it to real life trauma and considering something so banal to be evil shows a complete lack of perspective.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4079
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:03 pm
A lot of people here being unnecessarily nasty toward their fellow fans. I think it’s a small chance at best, but I’m really going to laugh if the ‘footage isn’t final’ ends up being the case.
They're just in denial; can't face the fact they've likely wasted $350 on something arguably worse than the Season BDs that you could probably get for half that price or less.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
clutchins
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by clutchins » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 pm

ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm
clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:30 pm
It's not false equivalency, it's an analogy. One is a logical fallacy, one is metaphorical.

Next.
Regardless of what you want to call it, comparing it to real life trauma and considering something so banal to be evil shows a complete lack of perspective.
I'm not here to argue about differing opinions. Obviously this doesn't affect you as much and that's okay. But I don't need you to tell me how I can and can't feel about this.
NC's resident Dragon Ball superfan

Episode Guides: [ DB | DBZ Uncut | DBZ Edited | DBGT | Movies/Specials | Kai ]
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:
Original Thread Topic wrote:Did Dragon Ball ever motivate you to exercise?
No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

AnimeMaakuo
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1462
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by AnimeMaakuo » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 pm

AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:53 pm
Lol! Just look at how bad this release is compared to the gorgeous level sets! Talk about going ass backwards. This is FUNi’s definition of “perfection”. :lol:

Level sets:

Image

30th anniversary:

Image

Level sets:

Image

30th anniversary:

Image
Ugh, I just can’t get over how bad the 30th anniversary is. :crazy:
My YouTube

Soppa Saiyjins from Dorgou Ballru Zetto is my favorite transformation everah, especially when Trounksoru did it in front of Seru and when Bejita did it when he faced Jingonigen-hachigo. But for real, I use the FUNi pronunciation. - Soppa Saia People

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4079
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:52 pm

I've made a discovery.

The Season BDs, bought individually off Amazon: $200.
This set: $350.
The boxset on Amazon: $400.

So, you can pay $200 for the whole set, then either pay $150 extra to cut off the sides and get a figurine, or pay $200 extra to get... A kinda crappy cardboard box.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4955
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Ugh, great, now we've got the Vic thread part 2 in here.
Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:33 pm
Calling these the Black Bricks would be a massive missed opportunity, and I'm sure you'll all agree that there's a far better, far more correct name, assuming this release is as bad as it appears (and I'm sure it will be)...

The shit bricks.

Named, of course, after what happened to each of us upon seeing the trailer.
Either way, similar to the Orange Brick name, it's a derogatory term because the release certainly doesn't warrant it's original, and to be honest quite lengthy, name.
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 pm
I actually decided to rip and back up all of my FUNi Dragon Boxes to m4v files to watch on my computer any time, in which the good thing in doing that is it prevents the discs from receiving more use than they already have and getting any more scratches at a risk of having playback issues from said scratches.

Now i can watch the show anywhere i go and not have worry about the discs themselves breaking down on me in the future.
I actually did this with my OG Dragon Ball Box whatever I'm supposed to call it as part of my old T1C project. Not exactly sure what this disk wear thing is, I thought that was only for VHS tapes.
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:01 pm
In the eyes of the 99.999999% of fans who have purchased the Orange Bricks, Blu-Rays, they have been absolutely perfect releases.
Not to sound elitist, but those people don't know what they're talking about or "what's best" for the show from an archival and preservation perspective. They would support the destruction of the video footage just to make it fit their modern TV, and the destruction of the japanese audio to cater to their dub and soundtrack preferences.
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:42 pm
Honestly, they've been pulling this weird sh** on us for the last 20 years, and we're still here. We're not going anywhere even if FUNI's enire history is filled with bad releases. There's ALWAYS a controversy.
Just because there's always a controversy doesn't mean we're being unreasonable. To me it shows that Funimation are basically incapable of remastering this show correctly because they're unwilling to put the money in to make sure their releases are for forever. Instead we've had this silly back-and-forth with the picture being great-but-cancelled or complete-but-doctored. If they'd released the Level Sets as the complete HD release we wouldn't be in this situation, the only complaint about the Black Bricks is that they'd be reusing great footage with no original broadcast audio.

If anything this whole debacle is a reminder that Funimation is a dubbing studio, not a video production studio.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 pm
Ugh, I just can’t get over how bad the 30th anniversary is. :crazy:
Glad you quoted that entire thing for a one-sentence response?

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 18649
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by ABED » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:59 pm

The problem isn't that they weren't willing to put in the money for a great release. The level sets didn't sell enough to justify the expense. DB's popular, but it's not like Bond movies where a new edition comes out after seemingly every film and people will buy it. DB doesn't have a big enough market to justify that sort of remaster.

I don't know why so much money has to be put into a remaster anyway. As long as the footage is halfway presentable and the price point is good enough, people will buy.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:04 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:53 pm
Ugh, great, now we've got the Vic thread part 2 in here.
Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:33 pm
Calling these the Black Bricks would be a massive missed opportunity, and I'm sure you'll all agree that there's a far better, far more correct name, assuming this release is as bad as it appears (and I'm sure it will be)...

The shit bricks.

Named, of course, after what happened to each of us upon seeing the trailer.
Either way, similar to the Orange Brick name, it's a derogatory term because the release certainly doesn't warrant it's original, and to be honest quite lengthy, name.
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:09 pm
I actually decided to rip and back up all of my FUNi Dragon Boxes to m4v files to watch on my computer any time, in which the good thing in doing that is it prevents the discs from receiving more use than they already have and getting any more scratches at a risk of having playback issues from said scratches.

Now i can watch the show anywhere i go and not have worry about the discs themselves breaking down on me in the future.
I actually did this with my OG Dragon Ball Box whatever I'm supposed to call it as part of my old T1C project. Not exactly sure what this disk wear thing is, I thought that was only for VHS tapes.
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:01 pm
In the eyes of the 99.999999% of fans who have purchased the Orange Bricks, Blu-Rays, they have been absolutely perfect releases.
Not to sound elitist, but those people don't know what they're talking about or "what's best" for the show from an archival and preservation perspective. They would support the destruction of the video footage just to make it fit their modern TV, and the destruction of the japanese audio to cater to their dub and soundtrack preferences.
Bardo117 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:42 pm
Honestly, they've been pulling this weird sh** on us for the last 20 years, and we're still here. We're not going anywhere even if FUNI's enire history is filled with bad releases. There's ALWAYS a controversy.
Just because there's always a controversy doesn't mean we're being unreasonable. To me it shows that Funimation are basically incapable of remastering this show correctly because they're unwilling to put the money in to make sure their releases are for forever. Instead we've had this silly back-and-forth with the picture being great-but-cancelled or complete-but-doctored. If they'd released the Level Sets as the complete HD release we wouldn't be in this situation, the only complaint about the Black Bricks is that they'd be reusing great footage with no original broadcast audio.

If anything this whole debacle is a reminder that Funimation is a dubbing studio, not a video production studio.
AnimeMaakuo wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:40 pm
Ugh, I just can’t get over how bad the 30th anniversary is. :crazy:
Glad you quoted that entire thing for a one-sentence response?
If you didn't get exactly what i was saying as to the whole "disc wear" thing i meant to say as in what happens as DVDs are used and get more and more scratched as time passes. Because of course the more it happens chances are that they will start glitching and whatever else, so that's why i ripped my FUNi Dragon Boxes to digital video copies in order to be able to have the episodes to watch on my computer and not have to stress over the discs getting ruined with scratches and the like.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by PremiumSalt » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Honestly, I'd take just a straight scan of FUNi's film prints over this. Tape marks and all.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

User avatar
clutchins
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by clutchins » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:08 pm

ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:59 pm
The problem isn't that they weren't willing to put in the money for a great release. The level sets didn't sell enough to justify the expense. DB's popular, but it's not like Bond movies where a new edition comes out after seemingly every film and people will buy it. DB doesn't have a big enough market to justify that sort of remaster.

I don't know why so much money has to be put into a remaster anyway. As long as the footage is halfway presentable and the price point is good enough, people will buy.
I would argue that if any anime has the market for a proper it is DBZ. The Level Sets had several factors contributing to its failure like oversaturation, price point per episode, and being released right after the DBOX (also Kai). Don't let that cloud any kind of need for a remaster though. Dragon Ball Z is THE show that made anime popular in America. If it doesn't have a market for a remaster, then no anime does.
NC's resident Dragon Ball superfan

Episode Guides: [ DB | DBZ Uncut | DBZ Edited | DBGT | Movies/Specials | Kai ]
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:
Original Thread Topic wrote:Did Dragon Ball ever motivate you to exercise?
No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm

clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:39 pm
ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:33 pm
clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:30 pm
It's not false equivalency, it's an analogy. One is a logical fallacy, one is metaphorical.

Next.
Regardless of what you want to call it, comparing it to real life trauma and considering something so banal to be evil shows a complete lack of perspective.
I'm not here to argue about differing opinions. Obviously this doesn't affect you as much and that's okay. But I don't need you to tell me how I can and can't feel about this.
You're missing his point. If you're honestly saying this is affecting you as much as someone who has gone through real life abuse then you're just being immature and ignorant.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4079
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:11 pm

clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:08 pm
and being released right after the DBOX (also Kai)
Not after, during.

And of course, DBox and Kai were happening at the same time right after the OBs, which were right after the UUEs, which were right after the DVD singles... Yeah, no one wanted to buy DBZ at that pricepoint in 2011.
Forte224 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:10 pm
You're missing his point. If you're honestly saying this is affecting you as much as someone who has gone through real life abuse then you're just being immature and ignorant.
To be fair, while his comparisons are extreme, his points are valid, and criticising him and declaring his argument invalid purely on that basis... Well, it's not arguing with him, you're not engaging with him, you're criticising how he's arguing, and using that as your argument. Which is also kind of what I'm doing now. It's not pleasant. You're also going into ad hominem there.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm

If you've seen any of my posts Robo4900 you'll know I'm against how awful this remaster is too. I take issue with his comparing it to relationship abuse. It's stupid and ignorant.

User avatar
clutchins
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:52 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by clutchins » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:15 pm

If I sound extreme it's because I'm fucking pissed because this keeps fucking happening. I'm not apologizing for my tone just because you took offense to it. Provide a better argument.
Last edited by clutchins on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NC's resident Dragon Ball superfan

Episode Guides: [ DB | DBZ Uncut | DBZ Edited | DBGT | Movies/Specials | Kai ]
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
JacobYBM wrote:
Original Thread Topic wrote:Did Dragon Ball ever motivate you to exercise?
No, why would it? It's fiction. The strength of the characters is not possible to reach in reality.
I mean, you're pretty open about looking at cartoon porn. Why would you do that? It's fiction. The proportions of these women are not possible to reach in reality.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 18649
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by ABED » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm

clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:08 pm
ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:59 pm
The problem isn't that they weren't willing to put in the money for a great release. The level sets didn't sell enough to justify the expense. DB's popular, but it's not like Bond movies where a new edition comes out after seemingly every film and people will buy it. DB doesn't have a big enough market to justify that sort of remaster.

I don't know why so much money has to be put into a remaster anyway. As long as the footage is halfway presentable and the price point is good enough, people will buy.
I would argue that if any anime has the market for a proper it is DBZ. The Level Sets had several factors contributing to its failure like oversaturation, price point per episode, and being released right after the DBOX (also Kai). Don't let that cloud any kind of need for a remaster though. Dragon Ball Z is THE show that made anime popular in America. If it doesn't have a market for a remaster, then no anime does.
Price is the biggest reason.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm

clutchins wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:15 pm
If I sound extreme it's because I'm fucking pissed because this keeps fucking happening. I'm not apologizing for my tone just because took offense to it. Provide a better argument.
I think this remaster is awful too. But I know people, my mother included, who went through severe relationship abuse, both physical and emotional. And you comparing that to a children's cartoon show is sickening.

User avatar
Robo4900
I Live Here
Posts: 4079
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm
Location: In another time and place...

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm

ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm
Price is the biggest reason.
Source?
Forte224 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm
If you've seen any of my posts Robo4900 you'll know I'm against how awful this remaster is too. I take issue with his comparing it to relationship abuse. It's stupid and ignorant.
Fair. However, responding to tone is a logical fallacy. Feel free to call out his tone for being offside, but using it against the points his making is poor form.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

User avatar
Forte224
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by Forte224 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:22 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm
ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm
Price is the biggest reason.
Source?
Forte224 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm
If you've seen any of my posts Robo4900 you'll know I'm against how awful this remaster is too. I take issue with his comparing it to relationship abuse. It's stupid and ignorant.
Fair. However, responding to tone is a logical fallacy. Feel free to call out his tone for being offside, but using it against the points his making is poor form.
I'm NOT arguing his points!! What the hell man? I think this remaster is awful and shouldn't be purchased! Did you hear me?! I DON'T disagree with the remaster being awful. Read all of the words before replying.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 18649
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Funimations 30th anniversary collectible home video release

Post by ABED » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:19 pm
ABED wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:16 pm
Price is the biggest reason.
Source?
Forte224 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:14 pm
If you've seen any of my posts Robo4900 you'll know I'm against how awful this remaster is too. I take issue with his comparing it to relationship abuse. It's stupid and ignorant.
Fair. However, responding to tone is a logical fallacy. Feel free to call out his tone for being offside, but using it against the points his making is poor form.
So is clear false equivalency.

I don't have one, but price is ALWAYS at the top of the list of people's buying decisions, if not the number one criterion, for what should be obvious reasons. Why do you think the Season sets sold so well?
Last edited by ABED on Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Post Reply