Geekdom says remasters coming

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Godgoku95
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Godgoku95 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Geekdom, do u know if this will have the dub music?

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4945
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by KBABZ » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:07 pm

Godgoku95 wrote:Geekdom, do u know if this will have the dub music?
I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.

User avatar
DBZimran
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by DBZimran » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:
Spoofer wrote:This random YTer doesn't seem to have any inside info whatsoever.
lol.
Well the sample you are claiming to have seen is of the Animax airing of HD Dragon Ball Z TV Special 1, which aired back in December 2018. That was also synced up to the broadcast audio by the uploader of the torrent. It's available to watch for anyone online if you know where to look. No 'inside info' required.
So as of now we have no confirmation as to what Japanese audio will be used, and if at all this Animax airing is representative of the final product we will receive on this Anniversary Collection.

User avatar
Sin
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 799
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: England

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Sin » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:02 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Godgoku95 wrote:Geekdom, do u know if this will have the dub music?
I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3843
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:36 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Its 4:3. The Season sets are 16:9.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING.
Do you know if it's a complete rescan from toei? Or perhaps level sets scans or uncropped but still dnr'd season sets (as we saw in one of the special features *the shot of goku fighting frieza on an exploding namek) i dont have the set so I cant grab that shot
I'm unfamiliar with which shot you are referring to specifically.

All I know is its not the same. I don't have every detail (sadly).

But hey, if its censored or crappy, I won't buy it and i'm sure most of you wouldnt either.
It's this shot Image but it's uncropped but still DNRed. I cant remember what special feature it was on, or maybe one of the menues? I saw it on youtube back when someone was uploading all the special features and menues etc.

User avatar
Kuwabara
Regular
Posts: 682
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:36 am

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Kuwabara » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:26 am

eledoremassis02 wrote:Image
Jesus, the cropping is so stupid and ruins the whole pysche of the shot, to make Freeza more imposing and show Goku's resolve in spite of that. With this, the focus is now on the upper half of Freeza's body? It's also hard to tell that Freeza's standing on a cliff if you aren't already familiar with the scene. Just never ceases to blow my mind, only absolute hacks and casuals would be okay with this.
This is the episode of when Gokuh enrages himself after Freezer talk shit about Kuririn

User avatar
sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6691
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:39 pm

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by sangofe » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:58 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
sangofe wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
I saw the Bardock Special and it was not censored
As far as I remember that special has no middle fingers. Someone pointed out this set could be the season sets in a new package... And that the bardock special was done for theatrical screenings only?
Its 4:3. The Season sets are 16:9.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME THING.
Wonder if Funimation remastered the Bardock special.
And when you say the sound was clear... Did you refer to the untouched bardock special recording that aired at animax? Because that had no broadcast audio.

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:51 am

Sin wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Godgoku95 wrote:Geekdom, do u know if this will have the dub music?
I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.
Sorry I make money doing what I love.

Oh and sorry that 95% of the community trusts me, including staff members in both US and Japan.

Sorry for your sad salt. I'm sure someday you'll accomplish something that somebody cares about.

Until then, stay thirsty.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4945
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:17 am

Geekdom101 wrote:Sorry I make money doing what I love.

Oh and sorry that 95% of the community trusts me, including staff members in both US and Japan.

Sorry for your sad salt. I'm sure someday you'll accomplish something that somebody cares about.

Until then, stay thirsty.
I feel like there were better ways of saying that you don't appreciate the comment and disagree.

User avatar
Sin
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 799
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:24 pm
Location: England

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Sin » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:29 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Sin wrote:
KBABZ wrote: I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.
Sorry I make money doing what I love.

Oh and sorry that 95% of the community trusts me, including staff members in both US and Japan.

Sorry for your sad salt. I'm sure someday you'll accomplish something that somebody cares about.

Until then, stay thirsty.
I mean, you're making massive assumptions about me.

I really don't care who trusts you, I was just saying it bothers me how news comes about these days.

Chill.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:15 am

Sin wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
Godgoku95 wrote:Geekdom, do u know if this will have the dub music?
I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.
That is a massive issue I have too. It seems these YT sometimes don't respect the community either by releasing info when there is no need. For example Broly and spoilers, they use the excuse of they warned people prior about spoilers etc but x y z person watching the video might not when they talk about it, and the person uploading the video is ultimately at fault.

Like for Gogeta. I acquired the image a day before the Japanese premiere in November however for respect of those people attending I didn't want to share the image immediately, and did a week and bit later only because I knew he was getting revealed officially before the December wide release (which is why I was surprised Banpresto were getting on my back for it).

User avatar
DBZimran
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 4:46 pm
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by DBZimran » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:20 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Sin wrote:
KBABZ wrote: I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.
Sorry I make money doing what I love.

Oh and sorry that 95% of the community trusts me, including staff members in both US and Japan.

Sorry for your sad salt. I'm sure someday you'll accomplish something that somebody cares about.

Until then, stay thirsty.
Not everyone is thirsty for clout. We prefer accurate news and information as opposed to click bait and not so thorough proof checking. My example would be the HD sample you keep mentioning, you got facts about the audio grossly wrong and assumed it aired with broadcast audio or better audio than the Mono audio. However, if you fact checked you would know that the torrent you downloaded had broadcast audio added to the Animax HD broadcast by the torrent uploader.

No hard feelings but you have a responsibility with the audience that you have. That responsibility is to fact check and be certain before making assertions. We arn't thirsty we just prefer facts as opposed to sounding like you have "insider info" or leaked samples of these remasters. That's just my opinion I first heard you speaking about a sample you have seen and I thought fair enough you may have someone from Toei or Funi giving you preview screenings. However after seeing your tweets and you sampling the Animax airing on 'said' tweet, I realised maybe all the things you mentioned may well have not been correct.

You got it right about the anouncement about the Z HD Remaster, from the 4 Star and 3 Star images tweeted by Toei and Funimation. But in all honesty nobody who fact checked would assume this would be a upcoming Super anouncement which many of your YouTube comments were expecting. You informed them it would be a Z HD Remaster which they would also have been able to assertain if they read License Global Feb 2019 Magazine. No 'insider info' required.
Okay fair point you did mention Toei is working on a Blu-ray Remaster back in September 2018 if I recall correctly. But that was also near to the time the new Movie remasters were uploaded on Amazon and Netflix Japan. Educated assumption? If they just remastered the movies, and uploaded them on streaming platforms why would they stop there?

I totally understand you have Insiders in both US and Japan but that doesn't make you infallible. Not everyone calling you out is after your clout or reach. Ain't salt Bro, just saying it as I saw it play out.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 3106
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:41 am

Geekdom101 wrote:
Sin wrote:
KBABZ wrote: I assume if he did he would have mentioned it.
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.
Sorry I make money doing what I love.

Oh and sorry that 95% of the community trusts me, including staff members in both US and Japan.

Sorry for your sad salt. I'm sure someday you'll accomplish something that somebody cares about.

Until then, stay thirsty.
Well nobody can accuse you of a swell head and thin skin.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Geekdom101 wrote:
Sin wrote:
Or withhold it for a future YT video hype. I don't trust somebody who makes a living from dripfeeding 5% genuine insider info and 95% educated speculation, they will always put the profit from their next video before the genuine sharing of news with other fans. I miss how news used to come about, now it seems like some kind of contest for the kudos of being the one in touch with the guy willing to break NDA. And for the record it's a shame that those people have profited more from the franchise in a short time using these techniques than those who have been real cornerstones for the fandoms internet communities.

Rant over - I'll withhold judgement on the set until I see some more news.
Sorry I make money doing what I love.

Oh and sorry that 95% of the community trusts me, including staff members in both US and Japan.

Sorry for your sad salt. I'm sure someday you'll accomplish something that somebody cares about.

Until then, stay thirsty.
Well nobody can accuse you of a swell head and thin skin.
That's exactly the issue I had with him a while ago, he'll just hound people who don't believe his word on things and conducts himself poorly like this, plenty of people believe him on things (myself included) and that should be enough but he apparently wants everyone too like saying how if he was right on Broly Trailer 2 then everyone has to unconditionally believe him on everything thereafter.

Other people in this community handle themselves better when it comes to these things as a result I hardly see them questioned when they release info. He said it himself he has the 95% so why does he have to act like this? It's pretty pathetic really.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4945
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by KBABZ » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That's exactly the issue I had with him a while ago, he'll just hound people who don't believe his word on things and conducts himself poorly like this, plenty of people believe him on things (myself included) and that should be enough but he apparently wants everyone too like saying how if he was right on Broly Trailer 2 then everyone has to unconditionally believe him on everything thereafter.

Other people in this community handle themselves better when it comes to these things as a result I hardly see them questioned when they release info. He said it himself he has the 95% so why does he have to act like this? It's pretty pathetic really.
I agree, "fuck the haters" and a bucket of salt and sass should not be your normal attitude towards people who doubt your credentials; it's equivalent to poor typing etiquette, with both resulting in other users not taking you very seriously. If you conduct yourself with restraint and respect you'll come off a LOT better regarding the information you're actually conveying elsewhere. It's like... there's a difference between a reporter and a YouTube pundit just in the way they conduct themselves and handle the information they have; a reporter isn't likely to hang dangling herrings over the balcony to gain praise and interest from his fanbase and revel in the fame, for example. VegettoEX and the rest of the Kanzenshuu crew I think are great examples of positive behaviour and handling of information, or for example Greg Miller of Kinda Funny when he gets down to business and puts his journalist pants on.

User avatar
sunsetshimmer
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1874
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:34 pm
Location: Poland/Equestria

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Geekdom says remasters coming
Who cares?

He also said that new movie will not be about Broly no matter what.

Why are people threating random guy as a guru?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

User avatar
Geekdom101
Regular
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Universe 7
Contact:

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Geekdom101 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:09 pm

The anti-Youtuber bias is so unbelievably obvious its not even a meme anymore.

okey dokey... i'll keep doing me.
"Allow me to show you... my further evolution"

OFFICIAL Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgIqhB ... yUSp71VCOQ

User avatar
DHM211
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by DHM211 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:The anti-Youtuber bias is so unbelievably obvious its not even a meme anymore.

okey dokey... i'll keep doing me.
What bias?
You acted like you had some sort of un seen footage from the new sets with cleaned up official audio when all you actually had was a compressed tv rip of the bardock special with VHS audio synced up.

User avatar
SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 136
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by SqueakyBoots » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Geekdom101 wrote:The anti-Youtuber bias is so unbelievably obvious its not even a meme anymore.

okey dokey... i'll keep doing me.
Posting snarky comments like this will only result in making more people doubt you.

User avatar
Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10291
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:32 pm
Location: Regensburg, Germany

Re: Geekdom says remasters coming

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:02 pm

Geekdom ate my puppy once. BRING OUT THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Locked