What happened to Oob?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:25 am

It did, hence why no one was posting. More to the point, there's nothing else to say on the subject. We'd be going in circles if we continued.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Vijay
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Vijay » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am

Muffin Man wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am
ABED wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 am
Muffin Man wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 am


Uub serves as a sort of reflection of Goku's own origins, which brings Goku full circle. Goku was sent to earth as a tool for destruction, but had his memory erased and was raised and trained by a kindly martial artist to become Earth's greatest protector. Now Goku is the kindly martial artist who is tasked with training someone who was created as a tool for destruction and subsequently had their memory erased.

Honestly, it's probably best if they never actually continue past EoZ, since the point of Uub is that he is supposed to replace Goku, but it's pretty obvious that they would never actually have that happen if they made a show set after EoZ.



That would be the logical direction to take it. The real problem is that Goku is just way too popular to not have the spotlight. There will never be a Dragon Ball series without Goku front and center. So the best we can hope for is for them to leave Uub's future up to our imaginations, rather than ruining it like GT did.
Goku gets the spotlight because he's the main character and the emotional core of the show. Changing it to someone else, and Uub of all characters, would be a big mistake this far in.

Uub was never meant to replace Goku. Uub was meant to represent thematic closure for Goku and thus DB.
You say that as though other stories haven't successfully replaced the hero with a successor.

The reason it wouldn't work for DB is simply because Goku himself is too popular, not because a story focusing on characters other than Goku wouldn't work. Yeah, it would have a different emotional core, and thus be a different show, that's the whole point.

But I agree that Uub was never intended to replace Goku in real life, only in-universe, hence why AT will never write a story set after EoZ.
Couldnt help myself replying. I agree Goku is popular, but even Goku has been multiple times side-lined to focus on other characters.

Ex: Focus on Vegeta, Gohan & Krillin in Namek Arc while Goku was hospitalized on Earth, later was on spaceship to Namek


Or Goku literally out-of-action for over 40+ episodes in Android Arc with major emphasize on Androids themselves, Piccolo & Vegeta

Or focus on Gohan potential unlock, Gotenks fusion technique & Majin Boo himself while all Goku did was... (while admittedly an active player) Goku certainly took backseat for 3/4 of Majin Boo Arc

With that being said, I can certainly see how Oob's character given focus along with Pan as future defenders.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:50 am

So because Goku is sidelined (even though the story is clearly building towards the confrontation between Freeza and Goku) that proves putting someone else in the drivers seat from here on out as the main character is a good idea? This conversation has been had many times and this counter is such a ridiculous example because no one is arguing other characters can't get focus or even have the A story temporarily.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4021
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by emperior » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Why would Uub even have to take Goku’s main character spot. They could share it, as it’s happening right now with Vegeta or as happened in Z with Gohan.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Vijay
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Vijay » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:10 pm

ABED wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:50 am
So because Goku is sidelined (even though the story is clearly building towards the confrontation between Freeza and Goku) that proves putting someone else in the drivers seat from here on out as the main character is a good idea? This conversation has been had many times and this counter is such a ridiculous example because no one is arguing other characters can't get focus or even have the A story temporarily.
Who argues abt good ideas or choices? Author or fans?
Us.
To think till date there's thread on DBZF, Reddit as to why Toriyama didnt make Gohan hero of Boo Arc....why Boo absorbed Gohan...why Goku didnt finish of Fat Boo as SSJ3...why Goku never wished Gohan & Gotenks to fight Kid Boo on Kaioshin Realm....why this why that...
Just because something isnt ur cup of tea simply doesnt make it a bad decision/choice per se
Its simply author/creators decision to steer the plot in different direction....which to great extent Toriyama accomplished from Cell Games~Pre-Bootenks.
1 fight or confrontation doesnt make an Arc or Saga. Its the buildup & events revolving around it. Goku vs Frieza was impactful as the former is last of kind to avenge his fallen comrades & safeguard fate of his world, Namek, his F& F while latter gone rogue as his patient, meticulous plans to gain immortality went-up in smoke due to various double-crosses in the form of Vegeta, Gohan, Krillin, Namekians, etc
For buildup, u need active players & those characters were Veggie, Gohan & Krillin trio. They had multiple near-death events, double-crosses, zenkai boosts, cat&mouse chase around DB....while all Goku did was arrive. Kick ass. Leave.
The focus was clearly dedicated to the trios while Goku was training 20G~100G
Like Emperion said, Oob could very well not only be an active character to be focused upon (expanding his lore, foreshadowing his primal reincarnated strengths, hell even his past memories) but with proper writing he would very well share spotlight as Veggie & Goku.
On a different note, I feel its fresh to have multiracial casts as I enjoyed Majoob's interractions in GT. DB is known for their likable characterizations & Oob has the goods to carry forward Goku's legacy should it done right
Goku would always be an icon. No contest
Just as Isaac Netero frm HXH2011
Or Van Hohenheim from FMAB
Focus on Oob and perhaps with Pan (like Fat Boo's friendship with Mr. Satan & puppy) would obviously be wonderful
I'm starting to fear DBZ Fandom & TOEI alike are becoming more & more like Vince McMahon.
New characters are not allowed to shine/perform due to their false belief of their incapability to win over the fans/strike a cord among viewers while the truth might very well be these new character might overtake the popularity of veteran old-timers😂😂😂

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:18 am

The focus on the Freeza arc was on gathering the DBs because that's what the supporting characters were capable of accomplishing. Having Goku there would've reduced the tension. The buildup to the final confrontation was clearly built around Goku and Freeza. It's no different from the previous arc.
For buildup, u need active players
Goku is active. He simply has a different story.
Just because something isnt ur cup of tea simply doesnt make it a bad decision/choice per se
It's a poor choice given all Toriyama had built up prior - the story of SON GOKU. Also, it's a bad choice given the precedent of stories that tried to change the main character after lengthy runs with the first lead.

And hopefully this doesn't sound condescending, especially if English isn't your native language, but your writing is hard to decipher.

Unlike wrestling and sports in general where athletes have a shelf life, Goku is an animated character. His body doesn't deteriorate except of the writer chooses to show it. It's a different set of rules and expectations. Dragon Ball is his story just like Batman comics are about Batman and Harry Potter novels are about Harry Potter. Wrestling isn't about any single character. One or two may have the bulk of the spotlight at any given time, but we know it's transient by nature.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

HakkaiBills93
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 508
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:04 pm

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:02 pm

as there is no dragon ball gt episode 65 he simply dissapear as no one drawn him

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Muffin Man » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:54 pm

Vijay wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am
Muffin Man wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am
ABED wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:54 am
Goku gets the spotlight because he's the main character and the emotional core of the show. Changing it to someone else, and Uub of all characters, would be a big mistake this far in.

Uub was never meant to replace Goku. Uub was meant to represent thematic closure for Goku and thus DB.
You say that as though other stories haven't successfully replaced the hero with a successor.

The reason it wouldn't work for DB is simply because Goku himself is too popular, not because a story focusing on characters other than Goku wouldn't work. Yeah, it would have a different emotional core, and thus be a different show, that's the whole point.

But I agree that Uub was never intended to replace Goku in real life, only in-universe, hence why AT will never write a story set after EoZ.
Couldnt help myself replying. I agree Goku is popular, but even Goku has been multiple times side-lined to focus on other characters.

Ex: Focus on Vegeta, Gohan & Krillin in Namek Arc while Goku was hospitalized on Earth, later was on spaceship to Namek


Or Goku literally out-of-action for over 40+ episodes in Android Arc with major emphasize on Androids themselves, Piccolo & Vegeta

Or focus on Gohan potential unlock, Gotenks fusion technique & Majin Boo himself while all Goku did was... (while admittedly an active player) Goku certainly took backseat for 3/4 of Majin Boo Arc

With that being said, I can certainly see how Oob's character given focus along with Pan as future defenders.

That's completely different though. When Goku is sidelined in DB and DBZ, it builds anticipation for his inevitable last minute return.

As we saw with GT's poor performance, overexposure to Goku is not what the audience wants either. They want a bunch of characters in play, but with Goku as the ace in the hole who will show up in the nick of time.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Vijay wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am
Muffin Man wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am
You say that as though other stories haven't successfully replaced the hero with a successor.

The reason it wouldn't work for DB is simply because Goku himself is too popular, not because a story focusing on characters other than Goku wouldn't work. Yeah, it would have a different emotional core, and thus be a different show, that's the whole point.

But I agree that Uub was never intended to replace Goku in real life, only in-universe, hence why AT will never write a story set after EoZ.
Couldnt help myself replying. I agree Goku is popular, but even Goku has been multiple times side-lined to focus on other characters.

Ex: Focus on Vegeta, Gohan & Krillin in Namek Arc while Goku was hospitalized on Earth, later was on spaceship to Namek


Or Goku literally out-of-action for over 40+ episodes in Android Arc with major emphasize on Androids themselves, Piccolo & Vegeta

Or focus on Gohan potential unlock, Gotenks fusion technique & Majin Boo himself while all Goku did was... (while admittedly an active player) Goku certainly took backseat for 3/4 of Majin Boo Arc

With that being said, I can certainly see how Oob's character given focus along with Pan as future defenders.

That's completely different though. When Goku is sidelined in DB and DBZ, it builds anticipation for his inevitable last minute return.

As we saw with GT's poor performance, overexposure to Goku is not what the audience wants either. They want a bunch of characters in play, but with Goku as the ace in the hole who will show up in the nick of time.
Of the show's flaws, emphasis on Goku isn't one of them. We've seen the scenario you're talking about done to death in DBZ. DB was put squarely on Goku's shoulders and it's the better for it.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Vijay
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Vijay » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Vijay wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am
Muffin Man wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am


You say that as though other stories haven't successfully replaced the hero with a successor.

The reason it wouldn't work for DB is simply because Goku himself is too popular, not because a story focusing on characters other than Goku wouldn't work. Yeah, it would have a different emotional core, and thus be a different show, that's the whole point.

But I agree that Uub was never intended to replace Goku in real life, only in-universe, hence why AT will never write a story set after EoZ.
Couldnt help myself replying. I agree Goku is popular, but even Goku has been multiple times side-lined to focus on other characters.

Ex: Focus on Vegeta, Gohan & Krillin in Namek Arc while Goku was hospitalized on Earth, later was on spaceship to Namek


Or Goku literally out-of-action for over 40+ episodes in Android Arc with major emphasize on Androids themselves, Piccolo & Vegeta

Or focus on Gohan potential unlock, Gotenks fusion technique & Majin Boo himself while all Goku did was... (while admittedly an active player) Goku certainly took backseat for 3/4 of Majin Boo Arc

With that being said, I can certainly see how Oob's character given focus along with Pan as future defenders.

That's completely different though. When Goku is sidelined in DB and DBZ, it builds anticipation for his inevitable last minute return.

As we saw with GT's poor performance, overexposure to Goku is not what the audience wants either. They want a bunch of characters in play, but with Goku as the ace in the hole who will show up in the nick of time.
Dude...no character is bigger than story. Period.

GT plain sucked cuz its pacing, plot right off the bat with Black Star DB hunt and its execution was flawed af, its character designs, jokes, were all plain bland and boring. Simple as that

Imma Goku fan myself, and I can perfectly understand why dude needs someone worthy to take up the mantle. His adventures have been fun. legendary. epic. period. From a boy in woods trained by grandad to fighting off ancient demons and warlords is nothing short of pure spectacle.

Now we need a new adventure. a new start. If EoZ is any indication, Goku becoming a mentor of Oob, it suggests he'd be someone great.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:13 pm

Vijay wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 pm
Dude...no character is bigger than story. Period.

GT plain sucked cuz its pacing, plot right off the bat with Black Star DB hunt and its execution was flawed af, its character designs, jokes, were all plain bland and boring. Simple as that

Imma Goku fan myself, and I can perfectly understand why dude needs someone worthy to take up the mantle. His adventures have been fun. legendary. epic. period. From a boy in woods trained by grandad to fighting off ancient demons and warlords is nothing short of pure spectacle.

Now we need a new adventure. a new start. If EoZ is any indication, Goku becoming a mentor of Oob, it suggests he'd be someone great.
Goku IS the story. It's HIS story.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Vijay
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Vijay » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:21 am

Goku is a character. Not story

Its the story revolving around the main protagonist & characters around him that makes for compelling show/series/manga whatver

Lets talk abt Goku's biggest plot twist. The fact he's an alien, Saiyan race. Dats it

Which was treated like no big deal (another reason why I respect Toriyama for not leeching onto pathetic twists, sad backstory, Nakama BS for faar too long)

Dude was killed. His son was trained by former arch-nemesis, 2 badass aliens are otw, Goku trained with King Kai, narrowly edging out Earth's destruction with the help of over 3 guys. Dude was crippled, out-of-action over 40+ episodes as his son & bald headed friend play Cat&Mouse at Planet Namek with galactic warlord who dreams immortality & Veggie who wants to squash the warlord. All while countless Namekians, Frieza henchmen, Ginyu Force are going-up against one-another fighting for survival

You were sayin.....

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:45 am

He's the main character and stories are about characters. DB is as much about Goku as 24 is about Jack Bauer. I have no clue what your point is about the Goku is a Saiyan plot twist. Goku being put out of action for a few episodes does not in any way shape or form make the story about someone else. We knew it was ultimately building towards the confrontation between Goku and Freeza. If your biggest rationale for putting the focus on another character, you should pick another story because Goku was still the main character in DB during that arc.

Last point about the Namek arc, that story wasn't dependent on those characters being strong,. They just needed to get one of the McGuffins in order to prevent the bad guys from achieving their goal. However, since DB is a martial arts story, it ultimately comes down to a fight which Goku was the difference maker because he is the main character.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Vijay
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Vijay » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 am

Imma Goku fan myself, and I can definetly see other characters taking spotlight away from Goku

Hey, I'm not sayin Goku isnt the main protagonist of DB

But narrowing down story focusing entirely on featherweight character as Goku...as much as likable & iconic the guy is... it gets stale real quick (which was d reason why Toriyama listened to his editor surrounding Goku with likable characters, whole 21st TB training segments etc)

Look at GT's 1st Arc. The burden of carrying the 20+ episodes falls squarely on Kid Goku...cuz Pan wasnt really likable...or helpful while Trunks was...babysitter

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:03 am

I can't because it doesn't work well. After a lengthy run with the same main character(s), to put someone else in the lead role is not a good idea. And no one here is saying the story should be ENTIRELY about Goku. It's his story, but damn near every story has multiple characters. Why are you and others finding it hard to grasp when I and others say that Goku is the main character it doesn't mean no one else gets any focus?

Featherweight character?
which was d reason why Toriyama listened to his editor surrounding Goku with likable characters, whole 21st TB training segments etc
That's not what happened. Goku was already surrounded by likeable characters since the beginning.
Look at GT's 1st Arc. The burden of carrying the 20+ episodes falls squarely on Kid Goku...cuz Pan wasnt really likable...or helpful while Trunks was...babysitter
This is utterly reductive logic. GT's failings have NOTHING to do with Goku being the lead. The first part of DB's failings was that it was mainly a boring rehash of the first arc.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Muffin Man » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:23 pm

ABED wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 pm
Muffin Man wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:54 pm
Vijay wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:55 am

Couldnt help myself replying. I agree Goku is popular, but even Goku has been multiple times side-lined to focus on other characters.

Ex: Focus on Vegeta, Gohan & Krillin in Namek Arc while Goku was hospitalized on Earth, later was on spaceship to Namek


Or Goku literally out-of-action for over 40+ episodes in Android Arc with major emphasize on Androids themselves, Piccolo & Vegeta

Or focus on Gohan potential unlock, Gotenks fusion technique & Majin Boo himself while all Goku did was... (while admittedly an active player) Goku certainly took backseat for 3/4 of Majin Boo Arc

With that being said, I can certainly see how Oob's character given focus along with Pan as future defenders.

That's completely different though. When Goku is sidelined in DB and DBZ, it builds anticipation for his inevitable last minute return.

As we saw with GT's poor performance, overexposure to Goku is not what the audience wants either. They want a bunch of characters in play, but with Goku as the ace in the hole who will show up in the nick of time.
Of the show's flaws, emphasis on Goku isn't one of them. We've seen the scenario you're talking about done to death in DBZ. DB was put squarely on Goku's shoulders and it's the better for it.
DB wasn't anywhere near as popular worldwide as DBZ was. Regardless of what you think is better, audiences (especially western audiences) really dug DBZ's structure of having Goku frequently adopt a lesser role until he shows up to save the day.

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:19 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:23 pm
DB wasn't anywhere near as popular worldwide as DBZ was. Regardless of what you think is better, audiences (especially western audiences) really dug DBZ's structure of having Goku frequently adopt a lesser role until he shows up to save the day.
DB was popular BEFORE the Z was artificially added. Airing DBZ before made DB seem like a prequel and how many prequels are that popular?

The structure was overused in DBZ. I also never argued they didn't like that structure, but who cares if they do? Toriyama often went against what he assumed the fans would want. Appeal to popularity is also a poor argument.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Vijay
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1274
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 am

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Vijay » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:56 pm

Muffin Man wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:23 pm
ABED wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:16 pm
Muffin Man wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:54 pm



That's completely different though. When Goku is sidelined in DB and DBZ, it builds anticipation for his inevitable last minute return.

As we saw with GT's poor performance, overexposure to Goku is not what the audience wants either. They want a bunch of characters in play, but with Goku as the ace in the hole who will show up in the nick of time.
Of the show's flaws, emphasis on Goku isn't one of them. We've seen the scenario you're talking about done to death in DBZ. DB was put squarely on Goku's shoulders and it's the better for it.
DB wasn't anywhere near as popular worldwide as DBZ was. Regardless of what you think is better, audiences (especially western audiences) really dug DBZ's structure of having Goku frequently adopt a lesser role until he shows up to save the day.
Think there's even a thread here on how fans gravitated towards Gohan@Cell Games...compared to Goku
DB was popular in Japan. DBZ was phenomenon all over the globe
As to givin the benefit of the doubt, Goku could assume the role of protector/guardian for Oob while the kid takes up the chore. Goin on a brand new adventure. Goku makin cameos or glorified guest appearances as Van Hoheheim (FMAB) or Netero (HXH2011)
Would like that. An engaging, focused storyline on say, villain or secondary character could easily mask Goku's absence....kinda like Brian from F&F franchise

User avatar
ABED
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 17744
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:23 am
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by ABED » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:40 am

And yet Toriyama felt Gohan didn't work in the role.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2694
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: stillwater minnesota
Contact:

Re: What happened to Oob?

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:05 am

i still think the start of the boo arc is some of the best stuff in all of Z, and probably the funniest stuff toriyama wrote after the red ribbon arc (though i do think gotenks vs super boo is funnier), so i really wish toriyama felt better about that stuff lol.
It took all the coke in town, to bring down Dennis Brown

Post Reply