Would you like DBZ to have less Movies and more filler episodes with their characters?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Would you like DBZ to have less Movies and more filler episodes with their characters?

Post by TheRed259 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:41 am

How would you find the idea of DBZ having less Movies and more filler episodes with Cooler, Bojack or Tapion for example? I mean, small DBZ Sagas (fillers) like the Garlic Junior one.

That way DBZ would have way more episodes now (350 and maybe more) and Toriyama would have less time pressure writing the manga.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Would you like DBZ to have less Movies and more filler episodes with their characters?

Post by Dr. Casey » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:26 am

I wouldn't have wanted filler arcs that are adaptations of the movies, really, for the simple fact that I think filler arcs tend to be better than the movies (the 22nd Budokai filler was incredibly solid despite being short, and I adore both the lengthy training for the 23rd Budokai as well as the training for the Saiyans), but I would have been happy with a couple more lengthy stretches of filler. I actually found it kind of disappointing that after the Garlic Jr. saga there weren't any more lengthy filler mini-arcs.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Would you like DBZ to have less Movies and more filler episodes with their characters?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am

I liked filler episodes such as the Garlic Jr. arc but Freeza's and Cell's arc went on for too freaking long. I remember falling asleep while watching the Cell arc via my FUNi Dragon Box Z and my thoughts were "This is incredibly boring." so, you know, I'm glad Kai exists so they removed crap filler that was taking too long to get to the point.

I do wish they would have left Garlic Jr.'s arc in Kai as I enjoyed it very much and would have been a way to watch that arc remastered in high definition, on Blu-ray.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:44 pm

Not really. Movies are more consised and better paced.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:19 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:44 pm Not really. Movies are more consised and better paced.
Depends on the movies. Some of them just felt like 40min episodes.