Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 am Honestly, no.
I'd rather they put some effort into dubbing Yo! Son Goku.. , Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock instead.
There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pmThere’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.
Well, Episode of Bardock was released in Dragon Ball Z: for Kinect, and Dragon Ball Heroes is making its way to Western within a few days.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm
I'd rather they put some effort into dubbing Yo! Son Goku.. , Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock instead.
There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.
I don't believe Episode of Bardock was made to promote the card game. I'm pretty sure it's just a general OVA release.
One World. 🌐 🕊

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm
I don't believe Episode of Bardock was made to promote the card game. I'm pretty sure it's just a general OVA release.
If I recall, the manga’s release coincided with the introduction of Super Saiyan Bardock in Heroes.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:48 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm

If I recall, the manga’s release coincided with the introduction of Super Saiyan Bardock in Heroes.
No, I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that if we were to go by that logic then absolutely everything Dragon Ball related is a glorified commercial for Dragon Ball Heroes since all characters eventually end up on that game.
One World. 🌐 🕊

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:48 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm

No, I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that if we were to go by that logic then absolutely everything Dragon Ball related is a glorified commercial for Dragon Ball Heroes since all characters eventually end up on that game.
But in the case of EoB, I’m pretty sure the only reason for its existence was to promote the Super Saiyan Bardock transformation in DBH. It wasn’t made because they felt they had an interesting story to tell. Even back in the day it was referred to as a what-if story that you’re not supposed to take seriously. Furthermore, unlike the older moves, which were at least twice the length of a TV episode, EoB is only around 20 minutes long, so it wouldn’t even be worth devoting a home video release to. Besides, if FUNimation were to dub it, they would’ve done so back when the special was released alongside the Kinect game.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm

I'd be interested in a dub of the series.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm I'd be interested in a dub of the series.
There's currently 9 episodes and everything just feels so random, also, each episode is only like 8mins long.. a dub wouldn't make this official yet fan-like Dragon Ball (promo) series any better.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 am

I honestly would.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.