Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

WittyUsername
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1829
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm

PhoenixEX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 am
Honestly, no.
I'd rather they put some effort into dubbing Yo! Son Goku.. , Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock instead.
There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5316
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:39 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm
There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.
Well, Episode of Bardock was released in Dragon Ball Z: for Kinect, and Dragon Ball Heroes is making its way to Western within a few days.

User avatar
PhoenixEX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am
Location: New York

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by PhoenixEX » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm
PhoenixEX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 am
Honestly, no.
I'd rather they put some effort into dubbing Yo! Son Goku.. , Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock instead.
There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.
I don't believe Episode of Bardock was made to promote the card game. I'm pretty sure it's just a general OVA release.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost △▽
One World. 🌐 🕊

WittyUsername
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1829
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm

PhoenixEX wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm
PhoenixEX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 am
Honestly, no.
I'd rather they put some effort into dubbing Yo! Son Goku.. , Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock instead.
There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.
I don't believe Episode of Bardock was made to promote the card game. I'm pretty sure it's just a general OVA release.
If I recall, the manga’s release coincided with the introduction of Super Saiyan Bardock in Heroes.

User avatar
PhoenixEX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 484
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:02 am
Location: New York

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by PhoenixEX » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:48 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm
PhoenixEX wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:03 pm


There’s no reason to dub EoB either. That OVA is pretty much in the same category as SDBH, in that it’s a glorified commercial for a card game that’s only available in Japan.
I don't believe Episode of Bardock was made to promote the card game. I'm pretty sure it's just a general OVA release.
If I recall, the manga’s release coincided with the introduction of Super Saiyan Bardock in Heroes.
No, I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that if we were to go by that logic then absolutely everything Dragon Ball related is a glorified commercial for Dragon Ball Heroes since all characters eventually end up on that game.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven." - John Milton, Paradise Lost △▽
One World. 🌐 🕊

WittyUsername
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1829
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:16 pm

PhoenixEX wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:48 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:02 pm
PhoenixEX wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:10 pm


I don't believe Episode of Bardock was made to promote the card game. I'm pretty sure it's just a general OVA release.
If I recall, the manga’s release coincided with the introduction of Super Saiyan Bardock in Heroes.
No, I don't think so. I'm fairly certain that if we were to go by that logic then absolutely everything Dragon Ball related is a glorified commercial for Dragon Ball Heroes since all characters eventually end up on that game.
But in the case of EoB, I’m pretty sure the only reason for its existence was to promote the Super Saiyan Bardock transformation in DBH. It wasn’t made because they felt they had an interesting story to tell. Even back in the day it was referred to as a what-if story that you’re not supposed to take seriously. Furthermore, unlike the older moves, which were at least twice the length of a TV episode, EoB is only around 20 minutes long, so it wouldn’t even be worth devoting a home video release to. Besides, if FUNimation were to dub it, they would’ve done so back when the special was released alongside the Kinect game.

DragonBallFoodie
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 943
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:12 pm
Location: Zambia, Southern Africa

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm

I'd be interested in a dub of the series.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

User avatar
JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 1597
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:16 pm

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:44 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm
I'd be interested in a dub of the series.
There's currently 9 episodes and everything just feels so random, also, each episode is only like 8mins long.. a dub wouldn't make this official yet fan-like Dragon Ball (promo) series any better.

User avatar
Hulk10
Regular
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 pm
Location: New Sadala

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:02 am

I honestly would.
Hulk is strongest one there is. -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I will never again bow to your charge! But I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking to Unicron controlled Megatron.

The arrogance of man is thinking that we are in control of our destiny. Let them fight. -Dr. Ishiro Serizawa to Admiral William Stenz.

Post Reply