Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Would you be interested in a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes?

Post by Shaddy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pm
Saying that SDBH is a card game for kids is like saying Dokkan Battle is a mobile game for kids.
It is. Dragon Ball is for kids. It's a kids show based of a comic book published in a manga for kids.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pmAdults also play the game. Matter of fact most of the SDBH YouTubers are adults. This feels like an insult to those of us older who want to play SDBH.
That's your fault for assuming that anything else meant for kids is somehow worse or that me stating it as such is intended as an insult. Adults can enjoy things for kids. Acting like something you enjoy isn't for kids, or is more complex and sophisticated than it is, is a quick way to screw up the priorities of what that thing should be or how it should work.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pm I don't like the SDBH anime. But don't be representing the game and actual story itself based on the anime.
I didn't? I said the Heroes anime adds nothing to the franchise, and I don't care about the video games. If they wanted to sell me on Heroes they should have made better promotional cartoons. I've seen really damn good 5-minute video game promo cartoons before. Even the manga is a little better due to Nagayama's expressive art, but the writing still feels mostly soulless and insubstantial and I've seen no in-series indication that the games are any different.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pm The premise is interesting, much more interesting and diverse than DBSuper at least.
And I've discussed at astronomical length how little a basic premise means to the quality of Dragon Ball products. That discussion always leads to forcibly simplifying and misrepresenting existing stories in the series as well as the game, but the bottom line is that the execution is all there is. It's all there's ever been. You can go on for hours about how Sword Art Online has a very clear, understandable and appealing premise. I'm not going to be any less bored by the show's actual construction though, and that's even assuming I agree with that notion about the premise in the first place (which in the case of Heroes, I don't).

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:34 pm

jamiljamtheman wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:17 am I don't care so much about dubbed, but I really want an official localized version--subbed is fine--so that I can watch it in some capacity of English officially.
If this "thing" was already done then Bandai might include it on the Switch SDBH game but otherwise seems unlikely. Besides, official English subs that aren't by Steve Simmons kinda suck and have weird dubisms no one asked for or they're placed oddly.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Shaddy wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:14 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pm
Saying that SDBH is a card game for kids is like saying Dokkan Battle is a mobile game for kids.
It is. Dragon Ball is for kids. It's a kids show based of a comic book published in a manga for kids.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:49 pmAdults also play the game. Matter of fact most of the SDBH YouTubers are adults. This feels like an insult to those of us older who want to play SDBH.
That's your fault for assuming that anything else meant for kids is somehow worse or that me stating it as such is intended as an insult. Adults can enjoy things for kids. Acting like something you enjoy isn't for kids, or is more complex and sophisticated than it is, is a quick way to screw up the priorities of what that thing should be or how it should work.
The fact that you needed it pointed out that it's a good card game for kids implies that you look upon it as nothing more than a kids' product, that it's only good for kids. Why not just say it's a good card game? I don't see you, nor anybody here, having to mention that the DB film is for kids, the manga is for kids, the anime is for kids, etc. That's why your statement came off as insulting, as if to insinuate Heroes is only good for kids (which to me is like 13 or under).

Yes, DB is a franchise that targets kids too, but it's general enough that it can be consumed by ages older than what is considered 'kid.' And they certainly target audiences older than kids especially for video games. No need to be on this high horse.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:25 pm

You're the one interpreting it as derogatory or insulting, I never intended that in the first place. I'm plenty familiar with projecting condescension onto others as a way of propping up my own arguments, you're not gonna get anywhere with that here. Heroes, in my experience, is childish, edgy and shallow even by Dragon Ball's standards as a kids' series. I have seen no evidence to prove the game is any different, even if it's card game mechanics are well-crafted. The only people I've seen defend it's story in either the game or the anime are people I've known to be biased in it's favor from the start, or else chock full of other opinions that I don't respect one bit, meaning guess what? It probably doesn't fall into my standards of what a good Dragon Ball story is, no matter the medium.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:53 pm

I'd like to hear english voices of Kamin & Oren, but other than that i don't care about dub at all.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:46 am

Only if the thing it promotes is released here. Otherwise... nope.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:42 am If it was an Ocean dub, yes.

Though, tbh I'd probably watch any Ocean dubbing work on Dragon Ball, so Heroes isn't any special case here. Only real difference is, like Super, I'd have no interest in a Funi dub, and I'm only barely interested in the Japanese version.
But I thought you hated Super so much that you didnt want to "Taint" the Ocean cast with it...
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:59 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Though, tbh I'd probably watch any Ocean dubbing work on Dragon Ball, so Heroes isn't any special case here. Only real difference is, like Super, I'd have no interest in a Funi dub, and I'm only barely interested in the Japanese version.
But I thought you hated Super so much that you didnt want to "Taint" the Ocean cast with it...
Can't speak for him but Super looks pretty sweet with CC. TOEI always gets something wrong with Dragon Ball. :|

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:53 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:55 pm

I probably said that at one point. Still, my intense distaste for Super has somewhat mellowed. I'd probably still skip large portions of the run -- particularly the Black and TOP arcs -- but I'd at least give some of the fun filler stuff a look if Ocean had dubbed the show.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:56 pm

They kinda did, with Brian Drummond and all....LOL.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:19 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:56 pm They kinda did, with Brian Drummond and all....LOL.
Haha, quite. I love that they did that. That happening is probably the best thing to come out of Super, IMO. :lol:
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:49 am

You know, if we did somehow get a dub of Heroes, I would who´d be a good English voice actor for Cumber?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:06 pm

I'd be up for it but doesn't seem much point, would prefer the OVA's / Specials to get dubs first (Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return & Episode of Bardock) as well as a re-dub of Z (+ Movies & TV Specials) & GT, can throw in OG DB as well but I enjoy its dub, would just be a bonus really to have a modern dub for all the series.

funrush

Post by funrush » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:35 pm

I'd love a dubbed version of Super DB Heroes. Since it's a bunch of fanfiction what-ifs and I just have other stuff to watch, I haven't taken the dive yet but if it was dubbed I would be able to have it on in the background while I do work.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:10 pm

Honestly? Yeah I'd be interested. I honestly found these more enjoyable than most of Super anyway outside of the Broly film.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:32 pm

I'd like a dub

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:23 pm

I think it would be a waste of time, money and talent.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:25 pm

From what I’ve seen from that “show”, there’s absolutely no reason to produce an English dub for it. It’s nothing more than promotional material for a card game based video game, just like Episode of Bardock, which FUNimation also never dubbed.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:17 pm

TheRed259 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:56 pm Now that the series is getting better, would you be interested in a dubbed version (English or any other language) of Super DB Heroes (anime) or not?
it is an 8 minute commercial ... it would be a waste of time to do, only it for some cards that are not sold outside Japan ...

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:47 am

Honestly, no.
I'd rather they put some effort into dubbing Yo! Son Goku.. , Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans and Episode of Bardock instead.
One World. 🌐 🕊