Article 13 and Dragon Ball

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Re: Article 13 and Dragon Ball

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:44 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm I'm surprised that Italy, Hungary and Poland haven't officially went forth to leave the EU too. They [EU] says that there's a "special place in hell" for Brexit supporters because, you know, god forbid a country wants their independence back from a rotten organization that has done more harm than good.
We still believe that EU will return to the right path after the EU Parliament election.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:22 pm

Sani007 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:44 pm
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:00 pm I'm surprised that Italy, Hungary and Poland haven't officially went forth to leave the EU too. They [EU] says that there's a "special place in hell" for Brexit supporters because, you know, god forbid a country wants their independence back from a rotten organization that has done more harm than good.
We still believe that EU will return to the right path after the EU Parliament election.
I can't tell if that's sarcasm because the things that EU have done are beyond repugnant. The longer European countries are part of the EU the worst it's gonna get, and this isn't just about Article 13.

But eh, I digress. They might only realize the mistake they've done when it's too late.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:54 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:22 pm
Sani007 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:44 pm
I can't tell if that's sarcasm because the things that EU have done are beyond repugnant. The longer European countries are part of the EU the worst it's gonna get, and this isn't just about Article 13.

But eh, I digress. They might only realize the mistake they've done when it's too late.
No, it's not sarcasm. The current European Parliament doesn't represent the will of the European people. But we must believe that the election will bring drastic changes.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm

So will the Fan Art thread still be open? Will salvamakoto's art thread still function?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:42 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:19 pm So will the Fan Art thread still be open? Will salvamakoto's art thread still function?
Probably but some kind of a block against those who live in EU countries.

"Sorry, your country is blocked from accessing this content." :P

Get a VPN to bypass EU's nonsense. Windscribe's great and they offer a free 10GB p/m for folks who use internet lightly.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:49 am

I'm not surprised this was approved, as most major political decisions these past few years have followed the same pattern of absolute stupidity.. according to me anyways.
At least we will have new elections for the EU Parliament a couple months from now, so hopefully a better parliament will be elected.
But I won't get my hopes up...
I like the idea of the EU, but at this rate they are sabotaging themselves and making leaving an increasingly preferred alternative for countries who are not quite sure.
The next few years will be highly intriguing.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:18 pm

dbgtFO wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:49 am I like the idea of the EU, but at this rate they are sabotaging themselves and making leaving an increasingly preferred alternative for countries who are not quite sure.
The next few years will be highly intriguing.
A lot of peoples'' perspectives on the Internet are warped by them really only caring about their cartoons and video games, which was quite noticeable around the time of the TPP negotiations (most people also have no knowledge of economics whatsoever, not even the basic overview that a B.A. gives you).

The pressing issues here is actually Italy. Their economy is in the toilet with 121% net public debt (the world's third highest net debt as a percentage of GDP) and 33% youth unemployment, and their recently reelected populists have absolutely no desire to rein in their unsustainable social spending, crippling regulations, and continual flouting of EU fiscal recommendations. If the yield gap between Italian and German debt reaches 400 basis points, Italy's banks will go under. This has been called the "doom loop" and has been a persistent thorn in Europe's side since the start of the debt crisis. Picture Greece, except six times as big. France also has the potential to become an issue with its unusually high youth unemployment, capital flight, and debt and the utter populist meltdown when they tried to make even the most minor measures to fix ANYTHING, but they're not nearly as bad as Italy right now. If the EU dies it will probably be due to them; they're both too big to fail and too big to bail out.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:49 pm
SaiyaSith wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:59 pm This is extremely screwed up for the people of the EU and the internet itself. No doubt Brexit will happen now.
Don't doubt the ignorance of the House Of Parliament.
Problem is that May is a remainder pretending to be a leaver, and the alternative is Corbyn who appears to be a leaver pretending to be a remainer.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.