Broly: A Fun Mixed Bag

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

superfan2024
Regular

Re: Broly: A Fun Mixed Bag

Post by superfan2024 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:01 pm

I kind of don't see the point of Freeza returning anymore. Goku and Vegeta are already his strength/stronger. What more does another useless character add to the lineup?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:56 pm

My only issues where darkening Broly's skin and removing his tail. Other than that, awesome movie.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Forte224 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 pm My problem is that they don't do anything to make you feel sympathy for him during the fight. Especially once Gogeta comes in. It's just a one-sided beat down of a berserker that's only showing anger as an emotion.
Eh, I mean, I feel like it is important to note that said anger he’s feeling by the time gogeta is sorrow from seeing his father’s corpse. So I wouldn’t necessarily say they don’t do anything to make you feel sympathy for him

Forte224
Advanced Regular

Post by Forte224 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:53 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm
Forte224 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:16 pm My problem is that they don't do anything to make you feel sympathy for him during the fight. Especially once Gogeta comes in. It's just a one-sided beat down of a berserker that's only showing anger as an emotion.
Eh, I mean, I feel like it is important to note that said anger he’s feeling by the time gogeta is sorrow from seeing his father’s corpse. So I wouldn’t necessarily say they don’t do anything to make you feel sympathy for him
Well, our heroes Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta certainly aren't feeling any sympathy. And his father's death simply triggered his rage and made him berserk. I highly doubt he was thinking of his father that whole time, by that point he was in a mindless rage. Kind of like how original Broli's sole motivation wasn't baby Goku crying, it was simply the spark that pushed him over the edge and he lost control. Especially since when he was teleported back to Vampa his father's death wasn't ever acknowledged by him again.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:00 am

I dunno I felt sorry for Broly a lot during the film.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.