Which Toriyama artstyle has realistic muscles

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Which Toriyama artstyle has realistic muscles

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:10 pm

I've wondered this among Toriyama's ever changing art style, of all the styles he's had through out Dragon Ball, which of his art styles had the most closest to realistically drawn muscles. Basically if you tried drawing a portrait of a real human who's buff because I know there's cartoon muscle detail then realistically drawn muscles detail. I'm off course asking those who are more knowledgeable when it comes to drawing.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Which Toriyama artstyle has realistic muscles

Post by Vijay » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Frieza Saga/Arc specifically post-SSJ Goku event onwards, it seemed Toriyama started emphasizing on realistic, defined muscular design.

Android Arc was no different. One look at ASSJ & USSJ Veggie & Trunks and you'll understand

Saiyan~Namek Arc still had dat cute roundedness to them. But Frieza-Android Arc was pinnacle of realistic muscular designs

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:53 pm

"Which Toriyama artstyle has realistic muscles"

None of them :mrgreen:

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:00 pm

Vijay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:45 pm Frieza Saga/Arc specifically post-SSJ Goku event onwards, it seemed Toriyama started emphasizing on realistic, defined muscular design.

Android Arc was no different. One look at ASSJ & USSJ Veggie & Trunks and you'll understand

Saiyan~Namek Arc still had dat cute roundedness to them. But Frieza-Android Arc was pinnacle of realistic muscular designs
I definitely don't think so, that ultra defined, 0 percent body fat muscles looked nothing like body builders in real life look, in my personal opinion the most realistic muscles Toriyama drew was in early Dragon Ball Z, basically during the saiyan arcs.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:01 am

None of them look particularly realistic for the characters themselves, given how much they eat.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"