It’s time for fans to come together and remaster the series properly.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: It’s time for fans to come together and remaster the series properly.

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm
Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:59 am
No. What you're describing is just one of the many flaws in the Dragon Box transfer that exists due to incompetence. Episode 52 is what you're talking about, I think?
I think the telecine transferring that episode was improperly calibrated -- as was the case in many episodes, in different ways -- in this case resulting in the picture alignment being off.
Never got that far with T1C; you have a screenshot available?
See this thread.
Dragon Ball is a goofy kids cartoon from a long time ago. You take it too seriously at your own peril.
Debate the plot, characters, adaptations, dubs, etc., criticise the home video, but never lose sight of the fact that it's all just entertainment. You're supposed to enjoy it. If you're not enjoying it, just walk away.

KBABZ
I Live Here

Re: It’s time for fans to come together and remaster the series properly.

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:26 pm
KBABZ wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:17 pm
Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:59 am
No. What you're describing is just one of the many flaws in the Dragon Box transfer that exists due to incompetence. Episode 52 is what you're talking about, I think?
I think the telecine transferring that episode was improperly calibrated -- as was the case in many episodes, in different ways -- in this case resulting in the picture alignment being off.
Never got that far with T1C; you have a screenshot available?
See this thread.
Ahh okay, yeah I'm familiar with that. Irony that it would happen to one of my least-favourites parts of the anime, haha.

If I get that far with T1C, I'm not sure if I would crop it or leave it as-is.