Custom Dragon Box covers/cases

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Custom Dragon Box covers/cases

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:19 pm

I finally after much waiting got some custom Dragon Box covers to go with my volumes 2 and 7 as substitutes for the boxes themselves, courtesy of fellow forum member BlueZaBladeNZ who just happened to notice my lack of them so he referred me to where i could find the artwork to fit a standard DVD case size in order to have the covers for my own sets. Anyway, thanks a lot for that man. :thumbup:

So here's some obligatory pics just to show how much more they look like the real boxes now.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Thu May 02, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Custom Dragon Box covers/cases

Post by KBABZ » Wed May 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Huh, this is the first time I'm seeing what the disc art of the Dragon Box Z is! They look pretty good.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:39 pm

They look quite nice. Did the place you got the coverart from have coverart for the Dragon Ball Dragon Box? I don’t have a use for it, but would just love to gaze upon it’s beauty in as high quality as possible.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:47 pm

linkdude20002001 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:39 pm They look quite nice. Did the place you got the coverart from have coverart for the Dragon Ball Dragon Box? I don’t have a use for it, but would just love to gaze upon it’s beauty in as high quality as possible.
Yeah they do look good as replacements for the boxes themselves, and to answer you question he has them up on Google Plus. I don't know at this point if he has the artwork from the DB Dragon Box there or not, it was mostly the covers of the FUNi Z Boxes.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Thu May 02, 2019 3:46 pm

Good to hear. :) I made them initially for a friend back in 2012/2013 when I still had the sets, fairly straight forward slimming down. Didn't think they'd have any real use from no one selling the discs in a blank case then.

Here's the covers if you were interested: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1inASq ... rqf0hZI24d
linkdude20002001 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:39 pm They look quite nice. Did the place you got the coverart from have coverart for the Dragon Ball Dragon Box? I don’t have a use for it, but would just love to gaze upon it’s beauty in as high quality as possible.
I did scan the Dragon Ball DBOX set, but haven't done anything with them yet. Could give you the scans for that if you wanted, assuming it was the outer box art you were wanting.

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Thu May 02, 2019 4:09 pm

Yes, BluezaBladeNX! That'd be great! :D
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:47 pm Yeah they do look good as replacements for the boxes themselves, and to answer you question he has them up on Google Plus. I don't know at this point if he has the artwork from the DB Dragon Box there or not, it was mostly the covers of the FUNi Z Boxes.
Thank you anyway. :)
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 pm

Should have printed them professionally so it would look genuine. I have custom covers printed professionally that look legit.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Thu May 02, 2019 4:24 pm

PM sent, linkdude20002001.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu May 02, 2019 4:39 pm

When you can, get some photo paper because that'll make it pop even more. That's what I did for the R4 Saga of Goku to go with the rest of my Dragon Ball Saga sets. It really makes all the difference.

These are awesome, BluezaBladeNZ! I think I have an idea for a project idea for these in the future, but I have to get my hands on a Blu-ray burner first. Any chance you're willing to share those Dragon Ball Dragon Box covers as well? I have an idea for those as well.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:39 pm When you can, get some photo paper because that'll make it pop even more. That's what I did for the R4 Saga of Goku to go with the rest of my Dragon Ball Saga sets. It really makes all the difference.

These are awesome, BluezaBladeNZ! I think I have an idea for a project idea for these in the future, but I have to get my hands on a Blu-ray burner first. Any chance you're willing to share those Dragon Ball Dragon Box covers as well? I have an idea for those as well.
Yeah i do plan on doing that sometime later when i get the chance, but these will work for the time being.

Chilly

Post by Chilly » Thu May 02, 2019 5:24 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm
Char Aznable wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:39 pm When you can, get some photo paper because that'll make it pop even more. That's what I did for the R4 Saga of Goku to go with the rest of my Dragon Ball Saga sets. It really makes all the difference.

Yeah i do plan on doing that sometime later when i get the chance, but these will work for the time being.
Regardless, those look pretty sharp on a standard DVD case. Probably a lot more durable than the Dragon Boxes too (judging from what I've seen on eBay; the original boxes tend to peel if not taken care of)

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Chilly wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:24 pm
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Regardless, those look pretty sharp on a standard DVD case. Probably a lot more durable than the Dragon Boxes too (judging from what I've seen on eBay; the original boxes tend to peel if not taken care of)
They really do look nice in the cases, though the volumes with the actual boxes that i have which is Dragon Boxes 1,3,5 and 6 are for the most part in really great shape because i've indeed been careful enough with them and they've held up fairly well overall. Now that i have the cover art in there it definitely looks more consistent with the other Dragon Boxes. I will be posting a pic in the collection thread later to show how they look.

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Fri May 03, 2019 8:46 am

PM sent, Char Aznable.

Spadexxione

Post by Spadexxione » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:29 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:46 am PM sent, Char Aznable.
Do you still have them?

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 pm

Spadexxione wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:29 am Do you still have them?
Sorry for the delay, had to look back at this. Was it the DBZ slimline covers or the DB DBOX outer box scan you wanted? Send me a PM when you can.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:29 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 4:20 pm Should have printed them professionally so it would look genuine. I have custom covers printed professionally that look legit.
How'd you get yours printed professionally and does anyone know where to find the disc art images?