Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm

This is really important information. This is what I come to this community for ❤️

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:18 pm

Well, there are 3 tankôbons for DDRM and 2 for UM... so, if BBM's chapters are longer, tankôbons will be released quicker and I think Western publishers (I mean in countries where the manga is not published yet like in France or the U.S.A. for instance) will be more interested by the series...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:35 pm

DNA wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:07 pm This is really important information. This is what I come to this community for ❤️
I also believe that knowing the numbers of pages in a manga is more important than knowing what a character says.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:56 pm

By the way, I never said "that knowing the numbers of pages in a manga is more important than knowing what a character says", I was just answering Dark_Tzitzimine because what he wrote was wrong and in my opinion the chapters' lenght is important for the planned periodicity of publication of the tankôbons.
SDBH's tankôbons have always been slow to be released due to not very long chapters and their bi-monthly publication in Saikyô Jump, but maybe BIG BANG MISSION's tankôbons will be published quicker... I just hope it will be the case if Yoshitaka Nagayamakeeps on publishing chapters longer than Toyotarô's !
And I'm eager to have an occidental release in my country, aren't you ?

Now, if someone wants to translate any dialogue, of course I'll be happy to read it... even if we already have the general summary of the chapter!!...

I really want that manga to be more popular in the DB fandom : in the beginning, I was disappointed by the art but the writing was great then the art became nicer and nicer...

Thunderbird
Banned

Post by Thunderbird » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:07 am

Rouge the Bat wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:34 pmImage
I know that the artwork in Super Dragon Ball Heroes is meant to be awful but what is up with Pans face?

Why do they get someone so useless to draw this manga but then someone who actually has talent like Dragon Garrow Lee then only does the one off Yamcha manga?

It's not like the manga is any good to begin with but if he did the artwork then if it ever released I'd have probably bought it.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:24 am

Thunderbird wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:07 am Why do they get someone so useless to draw this manga but then someone who actually has talent like Dragon Garrow Lee then only does the one off Yamcha manga?
Nagayama has been at this far longer than I think a lot of people realize, and it's likely a combination of inertia and workflow. See, Nagayama actually began way the heck back at the end of 2013. Nevermind Super; Battle of Gods hadn't even been out a year yet. The Heroes game itself was only in the "Galaxy Mission" updates (the second round, and first to actually be given a name). What Nagayama was tasked with was Charisma Mission, a dopey little thing where mascot characters led their daily life, training and learning how to play Heroes. The art style totally fits the wacky, slapstick, bizarre world of that series.

So when time came to blow things out a bit, Nagayama got a full serialization of Charisma Mission from 2014 to 2016. Meanwhile, there was a manga supporting the Discross arcade game from Katsuki Hirose, and when THAT went under, they brought Nagayama back to start doing Dark Demon Realm Mission there in 2016.

(And then all the meanwhile there was Dark Demon Realm Mission, Charisma Mission went out and back in under an update name, Universe Mission became a thing, Dark Demon Realm Mission left and came back... yadda yadda yadda... here we are today.)

So long story short on that, Nagayama has been *THE* Heroes manga person from the very beginning. When I talk about inertia, this is what I mean. It would be silly to take him off the series that he started and has seen through the entire time. Perhaps during the time that they "switched" series (titles? stories?), that could have been an opportunity to try someone new...

But this dude can pump out 60+ pages every other month in a magazine where well over half its readers are elementary school kids.

This one ain't aimed at us. Maybe it should be, and maybe they should take stock of what their stories and approaches are, but them's the details!

(On the flipside, Dragon Garow Lee had his chapters go through multiple revisions/rejections and it was heavily delayed from its original time table. Dude's good, but couldn't work on their schedule.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Thunderbird
Banned

Post by Thunderbird » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:37 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:24 am
Thunderbird wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:07 am Why do they get someone so useless to draw this manga but then someone who actually has talent like Dragon Garrow Lee then only does the one off Yamcha manga?
Nagayama has been at this far longer than I think a lot of people realize, and it's likely a combination of inertia and workflow. See, Nagayama actually began way the heck back at the end of 2013. Nevermind Super; Battle of Gods hadn't even been out a year yet. The Heroes game itself was only in the "Galaxy Mission" updates (the second round, and first to actually be given a name). What Nagayama was tasked with was Charisma Mission, a dopey little thing where mascot characters led their daily life, training and learning how to play Heroes. The art style totally fits the wacky, slapstick, bizarre world of that series.

So when time came to blow things out a bit, Nagayama got a full serialization of Charisma Mission from 2014 to 2016. Meanwhile, there was a manga supporting the Discross arcade game from Katsuki Hirose, and when THAT went under, they brought Nagayama back to start doing Dark Demon Realm Mission there in 2016.

(And then all the meanwhile there was Dark Demon Realm Mission, Charisma Mission went out and back in under an update name, Universe Mission became a thing, Dark Demon Realm Mission left and came back... yadda yadda yadda... here we are today.)

So long story short on that, Nagayama has been *THE* Heroes manga person from the very beginning. When I talk about inertia, this is what I mean. It would be silly to take him off the series that he started and has seen through the entire time. Perhaps during the time that they "switched" series (titles? stories?), that could have been an opportunity to try someone new...

But this dude can pump out 60+ pages every other month in a magazine where well over half its readers are elementary school kids.

This one ain't aimed at us. Maybe it should be, and maybe they should take stock of what their stories and approaches are, but them's the details!

(On the flipside, Dragon Garow Lee had his chapters go through multiple revisions/rejections and it was heavily delayed from its original time table. Dude's good, but couldn't work on their schedule.)
I ain't reading all that.

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:58 pm

Thunderbird wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:37 pm I ain't reading all that.
Well aren't you a rude little person. That post actually explains everything about the creation of the manga, how and why we are at the state we are. It's a really informative response to your questions and concerns. Furthermore, if you had nothing nice to say, you could have just kept quiet.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:04 pm

DNA wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:58 pm
Thunderbird wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:37 pm I ain't reading all that.
Well aren't you a rude little person. That post actually explains everything about the creation of the manga, how and why we are at the state we are. It's a really informative response to your questions and concerns. Furthermore, if you had nothing nice to say, you could have just kept quiet.
the bolded, thats actually what he does. i would just not respond to him at all if i were you

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am

Does anyone know when the first BBM chapters are out. The anime seems cool and the mangas usually better...
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:01 pm

The first "Big Bang Mission!!!" chapter was released last week in May 2020 issue of Saikyō Jump.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:51 am

DDR #03's cover is dedicated to Demigra's group, I love the fact that each cover portrays a different clan (#01 : the Time Patrol ; #02 : the Dark Demon Realm ; #03 : Demigra and his allies)!!...

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:39 pm

Some scan for Big Bang Mission chapter 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/DbsHype/stat ... 5655441408

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:39 pm

I am seriously considering marrying that drawing of Super Saiyan 4 Gokuu: Xeno. Wowzers. O.o
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:43 am

Great, the demons are back!!...
And I wonder if Fû knows that Towa is her mother...

Here are the first 9 pages from the official Japanese preview :
By the way, does anyone know if there are any bonus chapters in DARK DEMON REALM #03 and UNIVERSE MISSION #02 released last month?!...

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 pm

Can anybody tell me what Dr W. says about Super Saiyan 4 in the official previews the user above me posted??

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:14 am

QuakingStar wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:54 pm Can anybody tell me what Dr W. says about Super Saiyan 4 in the official previews the user above me posted??
Just saying Super Saiyan 4 is fast, as expected.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Well I guess that's better than something like "Oh so that's Super Saiyan 4". Thanks

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:10 am

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:19 pm

Thanks to Rakurai, the first chapter of BBM has been translated

https://mangadex.org/chapter/957402/39