Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:17 am

Any news regarding the new chapter? I'm very curious :twisted:

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:21 am

Many pages are revealed on DB HYPE and some of them are really beautiful!!...

This is the title page :

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:14 pm

The SDBH manga is on the cover of next month's Saikyô Jump :

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:15 am

Here are eight pages from SDBH's new chapter (7) :
The Saikyô Jump will become monthly again and next issue will be out on 08/04/2021!!...
DB SD's chapters won't be in the magazine anymore but on Youtube (next chapter will be free on Youtube in June) and SDBH's chapters also won't be in the magazine anymore but on Saikyô Jump's official site!!...
Next chapter for SDBH : June 2021 (on the website)!!...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:39 am

SD sucks but I'm surprised heroes is not gonna be published anymore I wonder if that will hurt the tanbokens or whatever.

Perhaps this being digital will make a simultaneous translated release possible like with normal Super?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:24 pm

I wonder if SDBH's chapters will still contain around forty-five pages... if yes, then we will have one new Tankôbon every four months lke DB SUPER indeed!!...

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:33 am

Read latest chapter, as usual was 😑 it lost me at climax of Moro Arc itself, cuz the amount of asspull Toyo pulled would have ravaged DBS Goku's ass..now these nother wannabe epic/destiny face-off asspull just seems...meh

Is it askin too much for a simple, yet coherent, beautifully written storyline?😂

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:30 am

It's not the proper topic.
You can talk about the DRAGON BALL SUPER manga by Toyotarô and Akira Toriyama by clicking on the following link :

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30467&start=38720

Here is the topic for the SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES manga by Yoshitaka Nagayama...

BOEGVELD

Post by BOEGVELD » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:40 am

I'm new to SDBH, so I have a few questions (pardon me if they've asked before). But I wanted to make sure I get the order and etc right. From my understanding it's:

- Dark Demon Realm, 16 chapters + 1 bonus chapter (finished).
- Universe Mission, 12 chapters (finished (?)).
- Big Bang Mission, 7 chapters (ongoing).

Is this correct? Also, I read that the chapters will be available on Saikyo Jump's official website. Does anyone have a link to their website?

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:24 am

You're right, there are three volumes for DDRM, two volumes for UM and one volume for BBM which is ongoing!!...
SDBH will start being published online from the next chapter, so it should be on June!!...

I have a link to read the chapters in English, I'll send it to you in a P.M. even if for the moment it is down (you'll have to check every day if it is OK again)!!...

And this is a link to the English wikia that could give you some information :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Yoshitaka_Nagayama

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 02, 2021 12:01 pm

Just saw the raws and summary of the last chapter, it's so much better than the anime I wish there was more forum activity for it.
I really think "Xeno" should have it's own subforum, the game manga and anime are split 3 ways and it's unweidly. If Kai got it's own and it's only a remake/alternate cut then Xeno should get one along with Super imo.

So Cooler looked glassy which caused Hearts to ask if he knew Laggs, could she be alive? I thought Piccolo and 17 killed her?
I didn't think the anime confirmed there's no living beings around but this did, I thought it might just be a budget thing haha.

So it's confirmed also that Freeza is the canon one at the ToP. and he was invited here. He knows Cooler but he could just be repeating that Cooler told him he's his AU big brother so it doesn't 100% confirm that there is a 'canon' Cooler or that this cooler is that one, but displaced from when they died in canon XV style either way.

The cloaked guy seems very strong, now it's obvious black is black he's the only mystery left.

To deflect a combined attack of Golden Dark DB frost bros that was implied to be a danger to UIO goku and hearts is a feat.
I thought it might be Gohan but now I don't think so. If it's not Shallot or something idk.
Xeno Bardock was only SS3/4 Tier in most heroes stuff...
It's weird because his face being hidden implies it's someone we as the audience would know at least if not the cast.... But who is at that level?

We know Vegeta is gonna get a BS Evo/Evil aura powerup :roll: I guess they are going deliberately diverge from canon at this point unless it's effects wear off in time for the next DBS arc it's supposed to be set between (UI mastery inconsistencies not withstanding)

Broly didn't re-enter the field and overperform in SS1 like in the anime which is good. I wonder when he will come back.

And when is Cell gonna enter the picture? He's the last player in this right unless the demons and TP get stuck in too. I heard he will be on their side.

I wonder if Goku and hearts will just IT over to Vegetas fight, possibly at it's conclusion and they will go to a third location after will be my guess.

Can people actually get into Fuu's world from the outside? It's assumed the DB's can wish them out, you think Gokus allies would wish themselves in, but I guess they could be inactive, but it's unlikely all 3 sets are down right now...

I do like that the DB's are a relevant plot point again in heroes even if it's just like a regent for a gate spell lol.

This is going monthly now right? Or just the anime? I hope this encourages more fan engagement.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Mon May 03, 2021 9:52 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:01 pm So Cooler looked glassy which caused Hearts to ask if he knew Laggs, could she be alive? I thought Piccolo and 17 killed her?
In the Universe Mission manga, Majin Ozotto kinda absorbed her and her glass power. Not sure where this is leading, but we might see her again, who knows..
And when is Cell gonna enter the picture? He's the last player in this right unless the demons and TP get stuck in too. I heard he will be on their side.
I am also really curious about his role, but he seems to be on Goku's and Hearts' side. I see a lot of potential to where this could lead.
This is going monthly now right? Or just the anime? I hope this encourages more fan engagement.
The anime is monthly, the manga is released in Saikyo Jump coming out every 2 months. However, they will change it monthly from the August release with the June chapter to be released online in some way. (as there will be no release in June).
As the chapters are currently around 40-45 pages, that might change with a monthly release.. Maybe back to 20-30 pages? We'll see.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm

The Heroes series is not canon to Dragon Ball Super, it simply has some of the characters and forms from DBS in it.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 07, 2021 5:11 pm

QuakingStar wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:22 pm The Heroes series is not canon to Dragon Ball Super, it simply has some of the characters and forms from DBS in it.
It's obviously not canon because it ain't Toriyama but some of us enjoy it enough to jam an imagined approximate version into our headcanons or just enjoy making it fit as much as possible or whatever as like an intellectual exercise lol

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 am

For me, the "DB SUPER" characters are not the ones we know from DB and DB SUPER but alternative versions of theme in anoher alternative timeline!!...
Even Trunks, who is called Trunks: Xeno, is not the one from the DB manga (an therefore is not the one who will appear in DB SUPER later) because even if pictures from Akira Toriyma'smanga are shown in the first chapter of the SDBH manga to explain Trunks' background, we all know the original Trunks willbe back in DB SUPER and therefore Trunks: Xeno is another version of Trunks from another dimension!!...
In my head, the SDBH manga is canon but happens in another timeline which does not interfere with the one from the original DB manga (and the DB SUPER manga)...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 08, 2021 1:09 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 am For me, the "DB SUPER" characters are not the ones we know from DB and DB SUPER but alternative versions of theme in anoher alternative timeline!!...
Even Trunks, who is called Trunks: Xeno, is not the one from the DB manga (an therefore is not the one who will appear in DB SUPER later) because even if pictures from Akira Toriyma'smanga are shown in the first chapter of the SDBH manga to explain Trunks' background, we all know the original Trunks willbe back in DB SUPER and therefore Trunks: Xeno is another version of Trunks from another dimension!!...
In my head, the SDBH manga is canon but happens in another timeline which does not interfere with the one from the original DB manga (and the DB SUPER manga)...
The trunks thing can be explained by Xeno trunks being the second trunks from the two trunks timeline.

Trunks assumes he's gonna be living with another Trunks but he's actually already been taken by Chronoa!🤣

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun May 09, 2021 11:55 am

Well, as far as I am concerned, Time Patrol Trunks (A.K.A. Trunks: Xeno) is just another version of Trunks from another dimension / timeline : I don't really care which timeline he comes from, I don't want to think to much about it (I'm always lost when I think about DB's timelines and time travels) and I don't need it it to really enjoy Yoshitaka Nagayama's manga!!...
The only thing I don't like in the manga is the fact that it hasn't really adapted the Dark Demon Realm Saga, I would love to discover the birth of the Dark Demon Realm in the manga :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Dark ... Realm_Saga

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:55 am Well, as far as I am concerned, Time Patrol Trunks (A.K.A. Trunks: Xeno) is just another version of Trunks from another dimension / timeline : I don't really care which timeline he comes from, I don't want to think to much about it (I'm always lost when I think about DB's timelines and time travels) and I don't need it it to really enjoy Yoshitaka Nagayama's manga!!...
The only thing I don't like in the manga is the fact that it hasn't really adapted the Dark Demon Realm Saga, I would love to discover the birth of the Dark Demon Realm in the manga :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Dark ... Realm_Saga
I'm pretty sure the demon would stuff had a manga telling.
I think maybe they used a different artist back then tho.
It's the anime that didn't adapt the pre prison planet stuff outside of one special ep to catch everyone up.

You can think about it as much or as little as you want but super manga shows us how many time rings there are. We know about U12 guy, main, cells, trunks, the unseen and double trunks timelines.

Heroes isn't official canon and has at least one continuity breaking discrepancy. But if it was we know trunks has to come from either double trunks or u12 guy and the time patrol has to come from another, presumably only u12 guys broke off long ago enough to explain SS4 existing there and no where else.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:32 am

Hey, we can actually see the manga legally!

From the looks of it, more context/explanation is provided. Like flashbacks for Goku Black too.

EDIT: Nevermind. It seems only this time the manga will be available for free.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:47 pm

Read the manga on the official Japanese website.

In short(and if I didn't misunderstood): Red Mask Saiyan is NOT
He is
Red Mask Saiyan is also
Last, the cards revealed the names of the various new forms:
Vegita: Super Saiyan BlueSSGSS - Berserk Controlled
Turles: Evil Saiyan
Red Mask Saiyan: Super Saiyan Rosé (no Rosé2 or whatever)